Chandrakhani Pass Trek Highlights
- Trek at an altitude of 12,030 ft and behold an unforgettable experience of spotting the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges
- Gather a lifetime of experience as you explore the cultural heritage of Himachal Pradesh - it's history rooting back to thousands of years ago
- Witness the breathtaking viewpoints and meandering trails through the thick forest of firs and oaks
- Pass through nature's generosity with views of the Parvati valley and Dhauladhar ranges - a sight that will lift up your spirits instantly
- The grandeur of the fencing beauty captivates your senses throughout the trek with the weather changing pleasantly in every season
Chandrakhani Pass Trek Overview
About Chandrakhani pass trek -
Located at an elevation of around 3,660m, the Chandrakhani Pass makes it for an astounding trek experience in the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh. Originating from the scenic Naggar settlement, which is located around 21km from Manali, the trail that leads to the pass is known for its enchanting beauty and appeal. From the pass, one can enjoy the fantabulous views of the Deo Tibba, Parbati, and Pir Panjal peaks. The slopes of the mountains, the sweet-smelling flowers, the water streams, all come together to make it one of the most scenic and pictorial passes in the country.
Quick facts about chandrakhani pass trek -
- Duration: 4N/5D
- Maximum altitude: 12,030 ft
- Trekking difficulty: Easy to moderate
- Trekking distance: 26 KM
- Temperature: 5°C to 15°C; and Night: 3°C to 10°C
- Best time to travel: March to October
- ATM: Naggar is the last point where you will get ATM
- Start/Endpoint: Naggar
How to Reach Manali:
Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours(approx 540 KMS).
Tip: Since Delhi- Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charge between Rs.1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
The nearest Railway station is Joginder Nagar railway station 163 km from Manali, Ambala (350 km), and Chandigarh (310 km). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa
The nearest airport is Kullu Manali airport in Buntar is 50 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airlines that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
Chandrakhani Pass Trekking Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in a homestay in Naggar and in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departures:
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
Chandrakhani Pass Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
More Details about Chandrakhani Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Chandrakhani Pass Trek
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of masks recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced drivers especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect standard. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Children below the age of 9 years are not recommended for this trek.
Things To Carry for Chandrakhani Pass Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent