Trek to Beas Kund Highlights
- Trek through the highest mountain peak of Dhauladhar and glorify your eyes with the breathtaking view of snow-capped mountains.
- Tighten your shoe laces as you're going to embark on the fun and adventurous filled trek to Beas Kund.
- Stay in comfortable tents surrounded by majestic river and grand snow-laden mountains
- Get a chance to know interesting insights about the places you visit from your expert guide.
Trek to Beas Kund Overview
About the trek:
Beas Kund is a thousand-year-old alpine lake that sits royally amidst the mountains of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 3,810 meters. This taintless beauty is the origin of Beas River, which is believed to be the water body where Sage Vyas use to take bath while he meditated and wrote the Hindu epic, Mahabharata. Beas Kund is the famous trek of Manali with lush green grasslands below the summits of the three biggest mountains around Manali and hidden in these grasslands is the emerald lake. The contrasting sight of this serene water body nestled in between jagged mountain peaks of the Pir Panjal range adds to the beauty of the lake. Your camping experience will be worth remembering with the picturesque view of the sparkling rivers and verdant mountains.
Start Time/End Time of Trek: The trek starts at 10:00 AM (Day 1) and ends around 2:00 PM on (Day 3)
Start Point/End Point of Trek: Solang Valley
- Stay: Dome tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Highly experienced guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Trekking distance: 16 km
Maximum Altitude: 12,772 ft.
Temperature: 100C to 200C.
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
How to reach:
The starting point of the trek is Solang Valley located at a distance of 14 km from the Manali Bus Stop. The nearest airport is Kullu Manali Aiport located at a distance of 64 km from the starting point of the trek.
More Details about Trek to Beas Kund
Know Before You Go for Trek to Beas Kund
- Transportation cost from Manali to Solang Valley and vice versa is not included in the package. You can either take public transport or shared taxi to reach Solang Valley.
- Children below 6 years are not allowed on the trek.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites
- Bus departs from Solang to Manali at 12:00 Noon and 03:00 PM everyday. Solang to Manali is 13 Km and takes around 30-45 Minutes to reach Manali.
- For safety purposes, this activity is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- Participants must pay attention to the guidelines given by the instructor before and after the activity.
- Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before and after the activity.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
Things To Carry for Trek to Beas Kund
- Warm clothes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Waterproof windcheater