Marvel at the Colosseum
- The iconic Colosseum is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Rome. It is also known as the Flavian Amphitheater and is situated in Piazza del Colosseo.
- This popular attraction is visited by more than 6 million tourists every year.
- Visiting the Colosseum is one of the best things to do in Rome with kids to educate them about the grand Roman history.
- Give your kids the opportunity to learn about and admire the largest amphitheater in the world.
Recommended Read: Places To Visit In Rome
Click Here to Book: Colosseum Tickets
Stroll around Vatican Museums
- Museums are always a fun destination to visit with kids.
- Add Vatican Museums to your Rome tours with kids for an insightful and enriching experience.
- The Vatican Museums are a group of art and Christian museums located in Vatican City. Explore more than 20,000 artworks on display spread across more than 50 galleries consisting of sculptures, paintings, and religious art.
- Kids can discover artworks from great artists such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, and Dali, among others at this family-friendly site.
Location: Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City, Italy
Also Read: Things To Do In Rome
Book Now: Vatican Museums Tickets
Indulge in Exciting Adventures at the LunEur Park
- A trip to the LunEur amusement park is undoubtedly among the top most things to do in Rome with kids.
- Take a trip to the largest amusement park in Rome with the kids and explore the thrilling rides.
- It is also the first amusement park in Rome sprawling across more than 60,000 square meters of area.
- There are more than 20 attractions to choose from including water park rides to make the most of your visit to LunEur Park.
Must Read: Rome Monuments
Also Checkout & Book: Bioparco di Roma Tickets
Inspire Kids at the Explora- Il Museo dei Bambini di Roma
- The Explora is a museum dedicated to kids that offers a variety of interactive activities.
- It is also Rome’s only museum that is designed for young kids mainly under 12 years of age.
- The museum is devoted to providing kids with hands-on learning opportunities to ignite a spark of curiosity in them.
- It is the perfect spot to indulge your kids in fun, exciting, and educational activities.
Read More: Churches In Rome
Checkout and Book: National Etruscan Museum of Villa Giulia Tickets
Explore the Biodiversity at Museo Civico di Zoologia
- The Museo Civico di Zoologia or the Civic Museum of Zoology was founded in 1932 and is considered among the top tourist attractions in Rome.
- Visiting the zoology museum is among the best things to do in Rome with kids.
- There are over 5 million specimens that have been preserved for years including little fish to giant whales.
- The specimen collections include birds, amphibians, mammals, and reptiles, among others.
- Visitors can learn about each specimen’s history and origin using multi-sensorial tools.
Location: Via Ulisse Aldrovandi, 18, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Opening Hours: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Tuesday-Sunday)
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Florence
Also Checkout and Book: Galleria Corsini Tickets
Discover Roman History at the Welcome to Rome Museum
- A great way to fully immerse yourself and your kids in the history of Rome is to pay a visit to the Welcome To Rome museum.
- Dive deep into more than 2,000 years of Roman history with video projections, holograms, functioning models, and interactive exhibits.
- The museum also provides a cinematic experience for visitors to educate them about the rich culture and history of Rome.
- A must-visit for all history lovers.
Must Read: Museums In Florence
Book Now: Leaning Tower Of Pisa Tickets
Get Lost in Art at Villa Borghese
- Villa Borghese is one of the many kid-friendly places to visit in Rome for families.
- You can choose to walk around the Villa Borghese gardens or hire a riscio (family bike) to explore the beautiful surroundings.
- Those looking for more stimulating things to do in Rome with kids can also visit the museum which requires ticket bookings.
- The museum tour is valid for two hours only and is usually heavily booked so make sure to pre-book your tickets and pick a suitable time slot.
Suggested Read: Rome In February
Checkout Greats Deals On Duomo Florence Tickets
Admire the Ancient Roman Architecture at Palazzo Valentini
- Palazzo Valentini was built during the 1500s and now serves as the metropolitan seat of the capital city of Rome.
- The ancient Romanesque interiors of the palace are worth exploring.
- You will find tons of art collections and antique sculptures adoring the courtyard along with a Ulysses statue inside the palace.
- An excavation program in 2005 uncovered a hidden residential structure that dates back to the 2nd or 3rd century. The area is named Domus Romane and is now open to the public.
Recommended Read: Roman Ruins
Book Now: Florence Cathedral Tickets
Travel Back in Time with a Visit to Capitoline Museums
- Situated on the Capitoline hills, the Capitoline Museums consists of a complex of art galleries.
- Ignite a spark for the love of art and history in your kids with a visit to the Capitoline Museums.
- These museums are a part of a group of art and archaeological museums that offer free access to the public.
- Most of the exhibits are provided by the city and dictate the tales of the city of Rome.
- Families can spend some quality time at the Capitoline Museums.
Read More: Rome In May
You Can Checkout Great Discounts On Boboli Gardens Tickets
Experience Roman Royalty at Castel Sant’angelo
- One of the few ancient buildings of Rome that have managed to remain intact is the Castel Sant’Angelo.
- The establishment is more than 2,000 years old and has since served as the tomb of Hadrian- the Roman emperor, a fortress, the Pope’s residence, a prison, and finally a museum.
- The place has a comprehensive and vibrant history that adults and kids are bound to be intrigued by.
- Scour through significant moments in Roman history through sculptures, paintings, frescoes, antique collections, and more.
Click Here to Book Now: Castel Sant'Angelo Tickets
Read More: Best Time To Visit Rome