Essential Information About Florence In May
Weather Conditions Of Florence In May
The city receives little to no rainfall and a gentle breeze keeps flowing throughout this month. While the first ten days have lovely sunny mornings, the mid-month of May sees a small increase in temperatures. This month is ideal for indulging in outdoor activities because of the mild weather only.
Planning A Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages Now!
What To Pack For Florence Trip
Pack a good pair of walking shoes as you will need to walk during sightseeing. Carry an umbrella as the city sometimes gets a splash of rain in May. Have a lightweight water bottle along to keep yourself hydrated during a sunny day. Do not forget to carry a 3-pin to 2-pin converter plug with round pins for the C, F, and L-type sockets to charge your phones in Florence.
Planning A Honeymoon Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages For Couples Now!
Things To Do In Florence In May
Visit Uffizi Gallery
- Visit Uffizi Gallery, the most visited museum in Italy, during your trip to Florence in May.
- Admire some of the best artwork collections dating back from ancient to the middle age consisting of paintings, sculptures and more.
- Stroll across the gallery to watch some notable works such as Cimabue's Madonna Enthroned, Boticelli's Birth of Venus, Caravaggio's Medusa, Titian's Flora and Michelangelo's Holy Family.
Adults: € 105;
Children between 4 to 12: Discounted rate.
Click Here To Book: Ufizzi Gallery Tickets
Click Here To Book: Activities To Do In Florence
Discover Accademia Gallery
- Exploring the Accademia Gallery is another popular thing to do in Florence, Italy in May.
- The gallery is renowned for Michaelangelo's stunning marble sculpture, David.
- Stroll across the place to admire the famous statues along with other unfinished works of the great artist.
- Admire masterpieces by some famous artists such as Ghirlandaio, Pontormo and Botticelli.
Location: Via Ricasoli, 58, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Children 4 - 12 years: 30% disc.
Adults: € 49
Checkout & Book: Accademia Gallery Tickets
Suggested Read: Places To Visit In Florence
Stop By Palazzo Vecchio
- One of the famous things to do in Florence, Italy in May is to visit Palazzo Vecchio, once a home of the Medici family.
- Explore the two floors of the building with a hall and three courtyards and discover the secret chambers which are in plenty in the palazzo.
- Embark on the guided tour to know the place better.
- Take the Life At Court tour and learn about Medici's privileged lifestyle.
Location: P.za della Signoria,50122 Firenze FI,Italy
Book Now: Palazzo Vecchio Tickets
Also Read: Unusual Things To Do In Florence
Explore Boboli Gardens
- Exploring the Boboli Gardens is one of the most fun things to do in Florence, Italy in May.
- One can enjoy the beauty of the garden which is located in the backyard of the Pitti Palace.
- Appreciate the plethora of sculptures at the largest open-air museum in Florence
- Take a stroll on the winding paths and stop to admire the fountains.
- Wander to the top of the garden to see a breathtaking view of the city.
Location : Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Click Here To Book: Boboli Gardens Tickets
Know More: Things To Do In Florence In Winter
Pay A Visit To Florence Duomo
- Get awe-struck looking at the Florence Duomo, a masterpiece of art that is the symbol of Florence as well as of the Renaissance.
- Marvel at the architecture of the dome which is an identifying landmark in the skyline of Florence and is one of the top things to do in Florence Italy in May.
- Take a tour of the place and climb up 463 steps to reach the top to witness the stunning view of the city which will surely leave you spellbound.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, Florence, Italy
Check This Out: Things To Do In Florence With Kids
Take A Day Trip To Pisa
- While visiting Florence during May, you can opt to take a day trip from Florence to Pisa.
- The journey will take only an hour and a half and take you to the city of Pisa, famous for its iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Visit the iconic landmark and head towards other attractions such as the Medici Palace, Stefano Dei Cavalieri and others.
- Get yourself clicked some unusual and funny pictures with the building which is leaning around four degrees towards the ground.
Location: Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Timing: Tour runs daily at 1:30 PM
Read More: Places To Visit In Florence In 1 Day
See The Medici Chapel
- A must-visit place during your trip to Florence in May is the Medici Chapel, a museum as well as a burial place of the Medici family.
- Visit the chapel that forms a part of the monumental complex of San Lorenzo, built by Michelangelo and Buontalenti in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Look out for its two major attractions - the Chapel of the Princes and the Sagrestia Nuova (New Sacristy), which are architectural marvels.
Location: Piazza di Madonna degli Aldobrandini, 6, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Checkout Best Offers On: Capelle Medicee Tickets
Recommended Read: Florence Walking Tours
Visit Museo Galileo
- If you are traveling to Florence in May you will surely want to visit the indoor museum Museo Galileo.
- Feel fascinated by the displays containing exhibits from the fields of geometry, astronomy, navigation, metrology, and medicine.
- Get a sense of excitement as you watch early microscopes, thermometers, globes, telescopes and others.
- Let your young ones delight in the interactive exhibits that are organized in the facility.
Location: Piazza dei Giudici 1, Florence
Checkout Best Offers On: Galileo Museum Tickets
Also Read: Florence Boat Tours
Checkout Bargello National Museum
- An interesting place to visit in Florence in May is the Museo del Bargello, an art museum.
- Visit the museum which was originally designed to serve as a prison and a barrack.
- Take a look at one of the largest collections of Renaissance-period sculptures on display in the museum.
- Look at its amazing collection of coins, silver, ivory, ceramics and others.
- Admire the works of well-known artists such as Michelangelo and Donatello
Location: Via del Proconsolo, 4, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Book Now: Bargello National Museum Tickets
Do Checkout: Day Trips From Florence
Attend Maggio Musicale
- Attend the famous Maggio Musicale Fiorentino Festival, Italy's oldest festival.
- Spend some time attending a program that is held from May to early week of July in Tuscany.
- Watch the prestigious event with dance and music which was founded in April 1933 by Italian conductor and composer Vittorio Gui.
- Watch top-notch music and performance, concerts and exhibitions, and opera and seminars.
Location: Piazza Vittorio Gui, 1, 50144 Firenze FI, Italy
Know More: 2 Days In Florence