Essential Information About Florence In November
Weather Conditions of Florence In November
November also has the least sunshine with an average daylight of 9.7 hours, making it the perfect weather to enjoy hiking and camping. The month also has the highest wind speeds of 7 miles per hour, offering a dramatic essence in your trip.
Planning A Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages Now!
What To Pack For Florence Trip
Carry a good pair of walking shoes as you will need to walk during sightseeing. If you visit any of the churches, pack a pair of socks as you will have to remove your shoes before entering. Carry an umbrella, Poncho or raincoat as the city gets lots of rainfall in November. Do not forget to carry a 3-pin to 2-pin converter plug with round pins for the C, F, and L-type sockets to charge your phones in Florence.
Planning A Honeymoon Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Honeymoon Packages Now!
Things To Do In Florence In November
Visit Accademia Gallery
- While visiting Florence in November, do not miss out on the Accademia Gallery, an art gallery dedicated majorly to sculpture art.
- The gallery is well-known for Michaelangelo's spectacular marble sculpture, David.
- Explore the gallery to admire the famous status along with other unfinished works of the great artist mostly from 1300-1600 century.
- Admire masterpieces by some famous artists such as Ghirlandaio, Pontormo and Botticelli.
Location: Via Ricasoli, 58, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Click Here To Book: Accademia Gallery Tickets
Recommended Read: Places To Visit In Florence
Stop By Boboli Gardens
- Exploring the Boboli Gardens is one of the most enjoyable things to do in Florence, Italy in November.
- Enjoy the beauty of the garden which is located in the backyard of the Pitti Palace.
- Appreciate the plethora of sculptures at the largest open-air museum in Florence.
- Take a stroll on the winding paths of the Upper Botanical Garden and the Viale dei Cipressi in the November rains and stop to admire the fountains.
- Wander to the top of the garden to see a breathtaking view of the city.
Location : Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Checkout & Book: The Boboli Garden Tickets
Suggested Read: 6 Days In Florence
Experience Palazzo Pitti
- You must include a visit to Palazzo Pitti in your list of things to do in Florence, Italy in November.
- Palazzo Pitti belongs to the Renaissance period and is currently one of the largest museums in Florence.
- Explore the museum and stroll across the various galleries housed inside the building.
- Observe the displays in the Gallery of Modern Art and the Palatine Gallery.
- Walk into the Silver Museum which was the treasury of the Grand Dukes and then stroll into the Royal Apartments before heading towards the Museum of Costume and Fashion.
Location:Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Also Book: Pitti Palace Entrance Tickets
Check This Out: 7 Days In Florence
Admire Museo Del Bargello
- An interesting place to visit in Florence in November is the Museo del Bargello, an art museum.
- Pay a visit to the museum that was originally designed as a prison and a barrack.
- Look at one of the largest collections of Renaissance-period sculptures on display in the museum.
- Delight in observing an amazing collection of coins, silver, ivory, ceramics and others.
- Admire the works of well-known artists such as Michelangelo and Donatello
Location: Via del Proconsolo, 4, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Sat: 8:15 AM to 6:50 PM;
Sun & Tue: Closed
Checkout & Book: Bargello National Museum Tickets
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Florence With Kids
Pay A Visit Medici Chapels
- A must-visit place during your trip to Florence in November is the Medici Chapel, a museum which is also a burial place of the Medici family.
- Explore the chapel that forms a part of the monumental complex of San Lorenzo, built by Michelangelo and Buontalenti in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Check out its two major attractions - the Chapel of the Princes and the Sagrestia Nuova (New Sacristy), which are architectural marvels.
Location: Piazza di Madonna degli Aldobrandini, 6, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Sun: 8:15 AM to 1:50 PM;
Click Here To Book: Cappelle Medicee Tickets
Do Read: Florence In May
Day Trip To Pisa
- One of the popular activities to do in Florence in November is to take a day trip from Florence to the historic city of Pisa.
- The journey will take only an hour and a half and take you to the city of Pisa, famous for its iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Visit the iconic landmark and head towards other attractions such as the Medici Palace, Stefano Dei Cavalieri and others.
- Explore Pisa which has over 20 medieval palaces and historic churches which you can visit.
Location: Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Check This Out: Things To Do In Florence This Weekend
Wine Tasting At Chianti
- Florence in November is ideal for a wine tasting experience at Chianti.
- Take a day trip to reach the wineries in Chianti, journeying along the hills.
- Visit two well known wineries and delight in a tour of the wine cellars.
- Relish the exquisite taste of Chianti wine, after a tour of a well known winery of Chianti.
Location:Chianti, Tuscany, in the provinces of Florence, Siena and Arezzo
Read More: Things To Do In Florence At Night
Train Rides At Cinque Terre
- Hop on to a train and journey to the Italian seaside, Cinque Terre for a day-long trip.
- Delight in the vistas of Florence city before passing vibrant fishing villages as you cross the Italian Riviera.
- Reach the town to explore the beautiful place and take a dip in the seawater.
Location:Cinque Terre, Liguria, Italy
Adults: € 14.80
Know More: Things To Do In Florence In March
Take Part In Florence Marathon
- One of the activities to do in Florence in November is to take part in the Florence Marathon.
- Held every year on the last Sunday of November, the Marathon attracts thousands of participants from across the world.
- Opt to participate in the marathon and get a participation certificate.
- Run for 42 km and 195 m and get a glimpse of the culture, art and architecture of the historic city.
Location: All across Florence starting at Piazza Duomo
Recommended Read: Unusual Things To Do In Florence
Explore Siena Cathedral
- While holidaying in Florence in November, visit the Siena Cathedral, a stunning structure located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside
- Explore the cathedral which is known to be one of the finest cathedrals in the world.
- Walk into the place and appreciate the artistic treasures by Renaissance artists such as Donatello, Michelangelo, and Bernini
- Check out the Piccolomini Library to observe the marble-inlay floor as well as the frescoes by Pinturicchio.
- Head towards the Museo dell'Opera to take a look at Italian art such as Duccio di Buoninsegna's Maestà and others.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 8, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Also Read: Museums In Florence