Dress Up Like The Medici Family at Palazzo Vecchio
- In the list of interesting things to do in Florence with kids, dressing up like the Medici Family at Palazzo Vecchio comes on the top.
- Reach the costume room through the secret passage and get the children to dress up like royals.
- Let your kids enjoy themselves in activities including scavenger hunts, puppet shows, and stories.
- If you have children above 8 years with you, embark on the Life At Court tour and learn about Medici's privileged lifestyle.
Location: P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Thurs: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Click Here To Book: Palazzo Vecchio Entry Tickets
Planning A Trip To Florence, Checkout & Book Florence Tour Packages Now!
Take A Family Tour of The Uffizi Gallery
- If you are travelling to Florence with kids, you can opt for a skip-the-line private Uffizi Tour for 2.5 hours.
- Kids will also feel excited to get a chance to play educational games included in the tour.
- The special tours designed for families also have trivia games, treasure hunts, and other interactive activities that kids will enjoy.
- While kids enjoy games, adults can admire famous artworks such as Cimabue's Madonna Enthroned, Botticelli's Birth of Venus, and Michelangelo's Holy Family.
Location: Piazzale degli Uffizi, 6, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Adults: € 105
Children between 4 to 12: Discounted rate.
Click Here To Book: Ufizzi Gallery Tickets
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Florence
Enjoy A Picnic In The Boboli Gardens
- Going for a picnic to the Boboli Gardens is one of the fun activities to do in Florence with kids.
- Watch the kids run wild while you enjoy the beauty of the garden which is located in the backyard of the Pitti Palace.
- Let your kids have an adventure of a lifetime as they get the opportunity to climb on trees, hide behind hedges, and dart between statues.
- Take a stroll on the winding paths and stop to admire the fountains.
Location : Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Checkout Best Offers On Boboli Gardens Tickets
Also Read: Florence In May
Discover Brunelleschi's Dome
- Feel awe-struck looking at Brunelleschi's Dome, a masterpiece of art that is the symbol of Florence as well as of the Renaissance.
- Educate your children about the fact that Brunelleschi's dome has been named after its architect Filippo Brunelleschi and is still the largest masonry and brick dome that exists even today.
Location: Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Sat: 8:15 am – 5:30 pm;
Sun: 12:45 pm - 5:30 pm
Book Now: Brunelleschi's Dome Tour
Do Read: Florence In November
Explore The Leonardo Da Vinci Museum
- One of the things to do in Florence with kids is to visit the Leonardo Interactive Museum which is a perfect infotainment destination.
- The museum is dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci where kids will be excited to see the functioning machines and mechanisms that were designed using his famous codes.
- Let your kids try out the machines and inventions and check out the replicas of some of his sketches.
Location: Via del Castellaccio, 1r, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Book Now: Leonardo Da Vinci Museum
Check This Out: Things To Do In Florence This Weekend
Admire Antique Armour At The Stibbert Museum
- Your trip to Florence with kids will become more exciting if your itinerary includes the Stibbert Museum which has on display the collection of Frederick Stibbert from across the world.
- Kids will be super excited to take a look at the antique armours of the knights at the museum.
- Let your kids and you admire the treasure trove of artifacts that are on display at the museum.
- Stroll into the main hall which contains horses and knights along with their arms and armour.
Location: Via Federigo Stibbert 26, 50134, Florence
Mon to Wed: 10 am to 1 pm;
Click Here To Book: Stibbert Museum Tickets
Know More: Things To Do In Florence At Night
Peek Through Ancient Telescopes At Museo Galileo
- If you are traveling to Florence with kids who are their school-going age will surely want to visit the Museo Galileo.
- Children will feel fascinated by the displays containing exhibits from the fields of geometry, astronomy, navigation, metrology, and medicine.
- Watch your children have fun as they peek through early microscopes, globes, telescopes and others.
- One unusual exhibit that you and your older kids might watch is the display of Galileo's preserved fingers.
Location:Piazza dei Giudici 1, Florence
Tues: 9:30 AM to 1 PM
Checkout & Book: Museo Galileo Tickets
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Florence In March
See The Sights From The Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- The best things to do in Florence with kids is to opt for a double-decker Florence Hop-on Hop-off bus tours which is the most effective way to do sightseeing with maximum flexibility.
- You will be able to visit about 15 major tourist attractions on the bus route including Boboli Gardens, the Duomo, the Pitti Palace, the town of Fiesole and others.
- Kids would enjoy a seat on the top where the sights and sounds of the historical city will be available to them.
- Enjoy the live commentaries and interesting stories about places on your journey.
Timing: 9:20 am to 6:20 pm, every 20 minutes
Checkout Best Offers On: Hop-On Hop-Off Florence Bus Tour
Also Read: Museums In Florence
Visit Piazza Della Repubblica
- One of the exciting activities to do in Florence with kids is to visit one of the main squares in Florence, Piazza Della Repubblica.
- Kids will be especially happy visiting this place as they can take a ride on the antique carousel that has scenes of Florence painted on the top.
- Delight in the festive ambience of the place with street performers and musicians entertaining the crowds.
- Take your children to shops and cafes for them to taste Florentine pastries and sweets.
- Visit the toy workshop, Bartolucci, to buy wooden toys for your little one.
Location: Piazza Della Repubblica, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Do Read: Water Parks In Florence
Learn About Art At Natural History Museum
- A must-include in your things to do in Florence with kids would be a visit to Europe's oldest science museum, La Specola Natural History Museum.
- The museum is filled with stuffed animals and skeletons which will surely delight the children, especially the older ones.
- They will also be interested to see the array of sea creatures, birds, insects and mammals.
Location: Via Romana, 17, 50125; Firenze FI, Italy
6 – 14 years & 65+: €3.00;
Normal adult rate: €6.00
Check This Out: Nightlife In Florence