About Parc Des Buttes Chaumont
Parc Des Buttes Chaumont is one of the largest parks in Paris, France. Built-in the 19th century, this park consists of a beautiful artificial lake and an island called Île de la Belvédère. The island comprises a Roman temple - The Temple de la Sibylle alongside the grotto, waterfalls and suspension bridges. The park is spread out on a huge 25-hectare land. This makes the park more gigantic and stunning through its textures. One can spend an entire day in the park and have a good time with your family. You can enjoy the beauty of nature and it's serenity while strolling through the park which is open 24 hours, every day of the year.
The best time to visit the park is the whole day as the atmosphere is cool and soothing. It usually takes 3-4 hours to complete the whole tour of the park. Also, the entry to the park is free. People usually visit this park for jogging and having a peaceful stroll on the paved pathways, enjoying family picnics on the grass and mostly to enjoy the greenery this place has to offer. There are also play areas and activities for the kids to enjoy and have a great time.
How to Reach Parc Des Buttes Chaumont
- Trains: You can get to the park by train, bus or metro services available in and around the city. This park is located near the metro stations Buttes Chaumont, Laumière and Botzaris and is served by Lines 5 and 7B. You can also visit this park by train lines H which will drop you near the park.
- Bus: If you are looking for a cheaper mode of transportation then you should opt for the bus. Bus no 48 and 75 will drop you near the park which runs from a different corner of the city.
What Not to Miss at Parc Des Buttes Chaumont
You can visit the following places near the park:
1. The Temple de la Sibylle- This is one of the main features of the park which is located at the highest point of the park on top of a cliff (50 meters above the lake). It is a Roman temple that was built in the 19th century and inspired by the Temple of Vesta in Tivoli. This temple offers a stunning and astonishing view of the Paris city, which makes the climb worth the efforts. It is the best spot to have a clear overview of the city and acknowledge its beauty.
2. Butte Bergeyre- It is a neighbourhood area which is situated near the park. It is located 100 meters above the city on a hill which offers you a breathtaking view of the Paris city. This place is accessible through staircases and a zigzag road. If you want to enjoy the beauty of this village then you should walk through the streets of this city.
3. Parc de Belleville- This Park is situated between the Parc des buttes Chaumont and Père Lachaise Cemetery. This park features a playground area for kids, open-air theatre, a lawn and a small museum called Maison de l'Air and a waterfall fountain. The surrounding and the cool breeze makes this place very soothing and lovely to spend some quality time with your dear ones. It amazes with its décor and making it one of the stunning places to visit over again. It offers an amazing glimpse of the Paris Skyline from the top of this park.
4. La Villette- It is the third-largest park in the city of Paris. It features museums, theatres and themed gardens along with spaces for activities and adventures.
5. Le Plateau- It is an exhibition venue in Paris where the art displays of artists are exhibited. If you are into art and you love paintings and artwork then you should go for a tour at this venue.
6. Sacré-Cœur- Sacré-Cœur is also known as the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris is a Roman Catholic church and is one of the most visited and iconic places in Paris. Entry for the church is free but if you want to go higher up at the dome and want to enjoy a 360° view of the City then you have to pay 5 Euros for the entry. This place is quite peaceful and serene. If you visit this place, don’t miss out on the chance to enjoy the top view of this church. The sight never disappoints viewers to enjoy its beauty from the peak.
Other Essential Information About Parc Des Buttes Chaumont
Places to eat near Pace Des Buttes
You are likely to get hungry after you complete the tour of the huge park. To fulfil your hunger there are various restaurants around the park where you can enjoy delicious and tasty food. Some of them are:
1. Le Pavillon Du Lac- Located in the heart of Parc des Buttes Chaumont, Le Pavillon Du Lac serves some of the tastiest French and European dishes. The restaurant remains open from Tuesday to Sunday.
2. A l'endroit- Serving some of the finest vegetarian dishes in Paris, A l'endroit is a popular cafe. With outdoor seating and some fine wine, A l'endroit is the ultimate cafe to enjoy the food and the view of the various monuments of the city.
3. Restaurant Quedubon- Alcohol and mouth-watering food are things you can expect at Restaurant Quedubon. Located near Parc Des Buttes, it is visited in large numbers.
4. Le Napoléon III- Have some amazing French and European food at Le Napoléon III. The prices of the food are also not too much, thus you can have scrumptious food at affordable prices.
Places to Stay near Pace Des Buttes
After a long and tiring day, you can relax at the following hotels:
1. Hôtel des Buttes Chaumont Generator Paris- An awesome 2-star hotel located near Parc Des Buttes, Hôtel des Buttes Chaumont Generator Paris is the ultimate choice for groups who want to save a buck. With amenities like Free Wifi, soundproof windows, etc. this hotel is the ultimate place to stay near Pace Des Buttes.
2. St Christopher's Inn Hostel in Paris Canal- St Christopher's Inn Hostel in Paris Canal is located near Parc Des Buttes. With the room balcony that gives a splendid view of the Paris Canal, this hotel is visited in large numbers by tourists.
3. Les Piaules- The rooms of Les Piaules are cosy and comfortable and the service offered by the staff is excellent. With the various modern amenities like bar, free Wifi, balcony, etc. It is one of the finest hotels near Parc Des Buttes Chaumont.