Pont Alexandre III is an exquisite and iconic bridge in Paris, France. Built in the Beaux-Arts style, it spans the Seine River, connecting the Champs-Élysées with the Eiffel Tower. Adorned with ornate sculptures and lamp posts, it exudes elegance and grandeur, making it a popular spot for visitors to admire the city's beauty.
Pont Alexandre III, an iconic bridge in Paris, France, is not just a structural marvel but a symbol of artistic grandeur and historical significance. Built for the 1900 Exposition Universelle, it spans across the Seine River, connecting the Champs-Élysées with the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides.
This magnificent bridge showcases a stunning combination of Beaux-Arts and Art Nouveau architectural styles in our Europe packages. Ornate lamp posts, intricate sculptures, and gilded bronze statues grace the bridge, representing cherubs, nymphs, and Pegasus. The central arch, adorned with the "Nymphs of the Seine" and "Nymphs of the Neva" sculptures, celebrates the Franco-Russian alliance.
Visitors are captivated by the picturesque views of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Grand Palais, and Les Invalides, as seen from the Pont Alexandre III. Its elegant design, rich history, and strategic location make it a beloved spot for tourists and locals alike, providing an unforgettable experience of the city's artistic and architectural splendor.
Planning To Visit Paris? Click Here To Book Now: 2 Days Paris Tour Package
• The French government named this bridge after the name of the Russian Tsar to rejoice in the alliance of Russian and French, which was built in the 1890s.
• The steel curves of the bridges are braced by four large pillars on their respective sides.
• You can find female statues on each pillar's front and each pillar present on the bridge has a golden statue on its top.
• You will also come across the statue of a lady and horse representing the arts, agriculture, trade, and the French Revolution.Also Checkout A Detailed Guide To Visit: Lucerne and Paris Honeymoon Package
From Airport: Pont Alexandre III is 31 km from the Paris International Airport. One can hire private cabs from the airport to the bridge.
By Bus: One can take buses from Rivoli to the bridge and the bus ride takes around 15 minutes.
By Metro: Line 1 subway takes you to Pont Alexandre III and takes around 14 minutes.
While In Paris Also Checkout: Paris Walking Tour
Pont Alexandre III can be visited all through the year but it would be better to visit from the month of September to the month of April when Paris enjoys a favourable climate for tourism.
Enjoy Your Time At Paris Food Tour
1. The bridge is named after Tsar Alexandre III of Russia. The French government named the bridge on a Russian Tsar to celebrate the Russian-French alliance which was established in the 1890s.
2. Pont Alexandre IIl was built in 3 years (1897-1900). In the late 20th century, some restoration work was done to the bridge.
3. The steel-arches of the bridge are supported by four massive pillars on the sides. Each pillar has a female statue in its front, resembling a period of time in the rich French history.
4. Also, each pillar has a golden statue on its top. The statue of a lady and horse and it resembles the agriculture, arts, commerce and war of France.
5. There are two large copper statues in the middle part of the bridge, facing each side of the river. One statue is called Nymphs of the Seine, which is decorated to honour the river Seine and the other is called Nymphs of the Neva, which honours the river Neva in the city of St. Petersburg in Russia
Click Here To Book Now: Pantheon Paris Tickets
Paris is home to some of the most delicious restaurants in the world. French cuisine is one of the most celebrated and bud-smacking cuisines in the world. That said, here are some places to eat near Pont Alexandre III
1. Bistrot Alexandre III- A popular restaurant located near Pont Alexandre III, Le Bistrot Alexandre III offers a stunning view of the bridge and the Eiffel Tower. A traditional bistro, Bistrot Alexandre III serves some of the finest bread-dishes in Paris. French Burger of the bistro is very popular in the locality. Alongside the burger, one can also try some salt cod croquettes, caramelized pork, and other french cuisine delights.
2. The Italian Street Clan- Opened in 2015, the Italian Street Clan is a retro food truck eatery located near the bridge. It serves some of the finest Italian food items in Paris. The eatery is popular for its homemade focaccias stuffed with bufala mozzarella, Parma ham and smoked salmon. The Italian Street Clan serves the best fresh Italian salads.
3. Faust- Le Faust is located on the banks of the River Seine. This club serves some of the finest Italian bread dishes and is popular for its Neapolitan pizza in the locality. A restaurant cum club, Le Faust attracts many tourists.
4. Restaurant Khajuraho Indien Fine Dining Bar- An interesting restaurant near the bridge, Restaurant Khajuraho Indien Fine Dining Bar is a popular Indian restaurant serving the finest Indian dishes in the locality. With its royal ambience and mild background music, the restaurant is among the favourites of the tourists.
You May Also Like: Musee de l Orangerie Tickets Paris
1. Le Bristol Paris- A luxury hotel near the bridge, Le Bristol Paris is one of the oldest hotels in Paris. Built-in 1925, Le Bristol Paris is a popular hotel among tourists. The hotel offers a first-class travel experience alongside a luxurious stay. Le Bristol Paris also offers a tour of Paris city.
2. Hotel Plaza Athénée- One of the most beautiful hotels in the locality, Hotel Plaza Athénée is a 5-star hotel near Pont Alexandre III. Hotel Plaza Athénée is one of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Paris which has hosted many popular celebrities as their guests.
3. La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa- Overlooking the Eiffel Tower, La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa is a 5-star grand hotel. Alongside its world-class interiors and architecture, La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa also hosts some of the most famous Spa centres in the city. Each room of the hotel has an indoor pool, a smoking lounge and many other things.
4. Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel- Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel is a grand hotel in the heart of the city. The hotel offers the finest view of Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre museum Alongside its fitness centre and an amazing bar, each room of the hotel has a balcony.
Recommended Read: Things To Do Near Eiffel Tower Paris
You can find four-gilt statues of Fames on the bridge, supported by huge 17 meters of masonry socles that offer stabilization to counterbalance the curves. You can notice the socles are being crowned by Fames, limiting Pegasus.
Explore Now: Paris Airport Transfers
Yes, Point Alexandre III is worth visiting as it is one of the prettiest and one of the decorative bridges in the entire city. Apart from all these, you will also be able to capture brilliant views of the Eiffel tower and the spectacular lamps and statues.
From the Pont Alexandre III, you will get to see Esplanade des Invalides, Petit Palais and GrandPalais.
In 1995, the Pont Alexandre III was restored in commemoration of its centennial. The bridge preserved its unique look despite the full-sized restoration. In history, the bridge witnessed rush-hour traffic, from horse carriages to early vehicles to modern-day automobiles.
Here are some of the top activities in Paris you can book tickets for via Thrillophilia:
Here are some of the top attractions in Paris you can book tickets for via Thrillophilia: