Best Places To Visit Near Louvre Museum
- Your trip to Paris is incomplete without visiting the Eiffel Tower, the emblematic wrought-iron wonder of the city. Built as the doorway to the World Fair, Eiffel Tower is now a cultural icon of France. On the ground floor, you can spot Gustave Eiffel, a beautiful carving made by Bourdelle in 1929. Head to the summit to soak in the unobstructed views of neighboring attractions. You'll also find snack and souvenir shops and the La Bulle Parisienne restaurant over here. When illuminated by golden lights at night, the tower's framework gives a magical effect.
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 11:30 pm
Also Checkout: Museums in Paris
Book Now: Eiffel Tower Tickets
Cathédrale Notre-Dame De Paris
- If you're looking for one of the best places to visit near Louvre museum, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris can be your ideal choice. It is a practicing Roman Catholic Church that holds a special place in the cultural landscape of France. People who visit the cathedral are amazed by its gargoyles and Gothic architecture. Inside the cathedral, you can see the greatest works of art, including paintings, stained glass, and architectural gems. Other pieces of interest include the choir organ, the great organ, and large stained glass windows.
Opening Hours: 8 am to 6:45 pm ( Monday to Friday)
8 am and 7:45 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Also Checkout: Monuments in Paris
Book Now: Notre Dame Cathedral Tickets
- If you're an art enthusiast, you must visit Musée d'Orsay, which preserves history, displays human creativity, and provides unique insights across identities and cultures. It is one of the best places near Louvre Museum that exhibits an extensive collection of Impressionism artwork from the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. You can see here paintings of eminent artists like Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, Berthe Morisot, Johan Barthold Jongkind and Eugène Carrière. The museum also curates various temporary exhibits and hosts not-to-be-missed special events.
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Also Checkout: Paris in Winters
Book Now: Musee d Orsay Tickets
Musée De L'Orangerie
- If you're a die-hard fan of the impressionist era of paintings, you must visit Musée de l'Orangerie. Musee de l'Orangerie is one of the most popular attractions near Louvre museum, known for hosting the water lilies murals by Monet. You can also witness other masterpieces by renowned artists like Renoir and Picasso. It also houses a spacious room for peaceful meditation. In spring, the area around this museum is beautiful, with lots of trees and flowers blooming.
Opening Hours: 9 am to 6 pm
Also Checkout: Markets in Paris
Book Now: Musee de l Orangerie Tickets
- End your search for the best places to visit near Louvre museum with Palais Garnier. This French opera house was designed by architect Charles Garnier and can seat approximately 2,000 patrons. The building greatly impacted French culture and has been used in many movies, including The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. The inside of the opera house is exquisite, with a foyer, grand staircase, and auditorium. The mesmerizing paintings, artwork, and wooden carvings are displayed in the main façade, stage fly tower, stairway, and grand foyer.
Opening Hours: 10 am to 4.30 pm
Also Checkout: Romantic Places in Paris
Book Now: Palais Garnier Tickets
Place De La Concorde
- Place de la Concorde is the second largest square in France, built in honor of King Louis XV's recovery. It is one of the best attractions near Louvre museum, central to various iconic attractions such as Tuileries, Arc de Triomphe, Madeleine, and The National Assembly. The square's north side has been closed with the buildings of the Crillon Hotel and the French Naval Ministry. Initially, the square featured a statue of the king, but later it was replaced by a statute of freedom. It boasts two famous fountains; Fontaine des Fleuves and Fontaine des Mers designed by Jacques Ignace Hittorff.
Opening Hours: 8:30 am to 8 pm
Also Checkout: Paris in October
Book Now: Paris Honeymoon Package
Jardin Des Tuileries
- If rejuvenation and nature's companionship are in your mind, you must visit Jardin des Tuileries. The Jardins des Tuileries is located between the Place de la Concorde and the Louvre and is one of the best places to visit near Louvre museum. As you walk through the beautiful gardens, you'll be surrounded by life-size statues and elevated sculptures. Three of the most famous statues in the gardens include The Kiss by Auguste Rodin, Apollo and Jeanette, and The Well-Costumed by Jean Dubuffet. You can also see a variety of plants and flowers and several fountains in the garden. During the holidays, the gardens transform into the Christmas fair with tons of rides and shops.
Opening Hours: 7:00 am - 9:30 pm
Also Checkout: Beaches Near Paris
Book Now: Tuileries Garden Guided Walking Tour
Arc De Triomphe
- Arc de Triomphe is one of the best places near Louvre Museum recognized worldwide as a symbol of Parisian elegance and pomp. Napoleon, I ordered its construction in the year 1806 to commemorate the military prowess of France. The amazing sculptures, engraved victory tales on the arc, and pillar carvings are the major highlights of this arch. From the observation deck at the summit of the arch, you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Sacré Coeur, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre. It hosts New Year and Christmas parties and Bastille Day celebrations.
Opening Hours: 10 am - 11 pm
Also Checkout: Castles Near Paris
Book Now: Arc De Triomphe Tickets
- Sainte-Chapelle is a true masterpiece of Gothic architecture and Paris's most precious gem. It was built on the order of King Saint Louis to house the Passion of the Christ relics, including a piece of the True Cross, the crown of thorns, and other relics of Christ. What makes the Chapelle unique is its fifteen stained glass windows depicting 1,113 scenes from the New and Old Testaments. From mid-March to December, Sainte Chapelle regularly hosts classical concerts.
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Also Checkout: Historical Places in Paris
Book Now: Sainte Chapelle Tickets
Jardin Du Luxembourg
- Jardin du Luxembourg is one of the best places near Louvre Museum, created in 1612 upon the orders of Queen Marie de Medici. The gardens span 25 hectares and are split into English and French gardens. They have tree-lined promenades, statuary, fountains, ponds, and a profusion of flowers. You'll also find an orchard with a wide variety of old apples, extensive greenhouses with a collection of orchids, an apiary to learn about beekeeping, and a rose garden. Adults can play tennis and chess and ride remote control boats, and the kids can enjoy rides and slides.
Opening Hours: 7 am to one hour before sunset
Also Checkout: Paris In December
Book Now: Paris Bus Tour
- If you're looking for one of the best historical places near Louvre Museum, Panthéon can be your ideal choice. It was built to be a church in honor of Sainte-Geneviève, the city's patron saint. Panthéon is a mausoleum and an architectural masterpiece that has stood for years. It contains the tombs of well-known French figures such as Victor Hugo, Voltaire, and Marie Curie. On its side walls, you can see beautiful sculptures and huge canvases that combine republican and religious elements.
Opening Hours: 10 am to 6:30 pm
Also Checkout: Palaces in Paris
Book Now: Pantheon Paris Tickets
- Musée Rodin is one of the most famous places near Louvre Museum, dedicated to the works of Auguste Rodin. You can find here thousands of iconic drawings, photographs, artworks, and sculptures. Works by bigger artists also appear in Rodin's collection, including a Renoir, three paintings by Van Gogh, and a Monet. The most famous exhibits at the museum include Ugolino, The Burghers of Calais, The Age of Adam, Man with a Broken Nose, and The Thinker.
Opening Hours: 10 am to 5:45 pm
Also Checkout: Things to Do in Paris in Winter
Book Now: Rodin Museum Tickets
- The Centre Pompidou is a cultural center and an art museum with different buildings and shops. It is one of the best places to visit near Louvre museum, with a large collection of masterpieces by modern and contemporary artists such as Miró and Picasso. The museum offers many more things, like a cinema, different places dedicated to painters like the Studio Brancusi, the BPI library, and many shops. The 6th floor of the museum is the ideal place to admire the incredible view of the city. It also has the Mezzanine Café on level 1, where you can enjoy scrumptious food.
Opening Hours: 11 am to 10 pm
Also Checkout: Markets in Paris
Book Now: Centre Pompidou Tickets
Petit Palais & Grand Palais
- End your search for one of the best places near Louvre Museum with Petit Palais & Grand Palais. Both these buildings face each other and were primarily built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition. The Grand Palais is one of the most emblematic and largest Parisian monuments built using stone, glass, and steel. The Petit Palais is a classical monument designed by Charles Girault, who also supervised the works of the Grand Palais. Though different, both these buildings create a unique ensemble and contribute to the Parisian panorama's magic.
National Du Palais-Royal
- Cardinal Richelieu originally commissioned the National du Palais-Royal from 1639 until 1642. It has magnificent gardens, boutiques, museums, hair salons, bookshops, and cafés. National du Palais-Royal was also home to Paris' first Grand Véfour, which opened in 1784 as the Café de Chartres. It is surrounded by beautiful sculptures by Buren and Bury and the contemporary art piece by Les Deux Plateaux. This royal palace is no longer open to the public, but visitors can still enjoy its exquisite gardens.
Also Checkout: Unusual Places in Paris
Book Now: Paris Street Art Tour