With surreal waterfalls, giant valleys and grand meadows these popular Tourist Places in California are best for vacations with your dear ones.
Location: California’s Sierra Nevada mountains, United States
Entry Fee: About Rs. 2500 per vehicle
Zion National Park
- What makes Zion one of the most interesting national parks in USA is its diverse geographical and topographical features.
- Be part of the wilderness of this park which is located 2,000 feet above the canyon floor, comprising 35 hiking trails and a great treasure of plant species.
- The park houses around 78 species of mammals, 37 species of reptiles and amphibians, 291 species of birds and 8 species of fish.
- The popular Mt. Carmel Highway and Tunnel surrounded by remarkable terrains including a maze of narrow, sandstone canyons, the Virgin River and its tributaries makes a perfect location to unwind.
Location- Utah, United States
Yellowstone National Park
- Yellowstone is the oldest and one of the largest national parks of the USA.
- It is home to around 300 species of birds, 16 species of fish, five species of amphibians, six species of reptiles, and 67 species of mammals.
- Spread over an area of 2.2 million acres, the park has several geothermal features like active glaciers, lakes and mountain ranges.
- The intact ecosystem of the park allows you to explore its diverse wildlife, thus making it one of the most popular national parks in USA.
- In addition to hiking, one can try several other outdoor activities like catching a fish, camping, riding a horse and more in this park.
Location- Wyoming, USA
Glacier National Park
- Since its establishment, the park has been pleasing visitors with its rugged topography and scenic mountains.
- The park is an ideal place for a holiday vacation, where you can enjoy several activities, take accommodation around scenic landscapes and explore nature.
- It is one of the best national parks of the USA that is home to over 6 species of amphibians, 276 species of birds, three species of reptiles and around 71 species of mammals.
- The other activities to be explored at the park are guided hikes, horseback rides, boating and rafting tours.
Location- Montana, United States
Grand Teton National Park
- The Grand Teton Park has an immensely rich wildlife, pristine lakes and alpine vegetation that makes it one of the best national parks which you must visit when in the USA.
- Take in the natural beauty of the snow-covered mountains and the snake river that add more charm to its beauty.
- At different sites of the park like the moose area, colter bay area, jenny lake, Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve, etc., guests can indulge in several activities.
- Grizzly and black bears, bison, moose, elk, and pronghorn are just some of the wildlife which you will frequently see inside the park.
Location- Wyoming, United States
Arches National Park
- The rock wonderland of Arches attracts thousands of guests to its beautiful landscape which comes with multiple viewpoints like the Courthouse towers, the windows section, delicate arch and devils garden.
- During your exploration, you will come across several animals including birds, lizards, and some small mammals.
- Over 2,000 natural stone arches, hundreds of pinnacles, natural finns and giant balanced rocks give the park its charismatic outlook which makes it one of the finest national parks of the USA.
- Star-gazing is the most enchanting activity to enjoy at the park, other interesting things to do at the park include camping, canyoneering, biking, etc.
Location- Utah, United States
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- Popularly known as the land of extremes, the park is spread over a vast area whose topography varies from a spectacular range of green mountains to rocky hilly terrain.
- Visitors would like to explore the Holzwarth district in Kawuneeche Valley, take a scenic drive and indulge in trekking along the 300 miles hiking trails.
- Every year in April, the park celebrates Earth Day with National Park Week and National Junior Ranger Day, when several activities are organized.
- While performing different activities visitors will be able to spot the diverse wildlife of the park like mammals, butterflies, insects, amphibians, etc.
Location- Colorado, United States
Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyons National Park is known to have the largest concentration of Hoodoos, irregular columns of rock, in the world.
- From the top of the high plateau of Grand Staircase, eye-catching sites of geological wonders like Aqua Canyon, Natural Bridge and Ponderosa Canyon are visible.
- Alongside enjoying its natural splendor visitors can engage in hiking in the countryside, explore the trails on a horse back and take an impressive virtual tour.
- Spot various wildlife in the park from around 59 species of mammals, 175 species of birds, 11 species of reptiles, butterflies and other insects, which makes the attraction counted among the most popular national parks in USA.
Location- Utah, United States
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a vital sanctuary for a diverse range of wildlife and comprises some of the greatest wilderness areas in the East.
- Approximately 65 species of animals, more than 200 bird species, 67 native fish species, and more than 80 different types of reptiles and amphibians call the park their home.
- At the Cades Cove, Deep Creek, Hen Wallow Falls, Grotto Falls, etc., you will encounter the unparalleled beauty of open fields, caves and waterfalls.
- Be a part of the Firefly shows in which you can spot hundreds of them in open fields.
Location- On the border of the states of North Carolina and Tennessee.
Olympic National Park, Washington
- The vast geographical area, glacier capped mountains and temperate rainforests makes this place one of the famous USA national parks.
- The park is an all season place, its temperate rainforests are for spring and autumn and the 70 miles long Pacific coastline is perfect for summers.
- Heritage Ridge of the park is an idyllic destination for performing outdoor activities like skiing, snowshoeing, sliding, tubing, etc.
- Most popular attractions of the park are its Elwha Valley, Hoh Rain Forests, Kalaloch & Ruby Beach and Lake Crescent, along with many others.
Location- 3002 Mt Angeles Rd, Port Angeles, WA 98362, United States
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- The Grand Canyon has been wildly popular for its distinguished geographical features formed due to erosion by the Colorado River.
- One can take part in multiple outdoor activities such as backcountry hiking, river trips, bicycling, etc, in this park which is one of the best national parks of the USA.
- Visitors can view the wildlife found inside the park such as mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, insects and more.
- While at the park, visitors must take a look at its popular attractions like desert view drive, desert view, north rim, phantom ranch, etc.
Location- Arizona, United States
Katmai National Park & Preserve, Alaska
- Spread over an area of 4 million acres, the Katmai National Park is surrounded by Novarupta and the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes and is popular for its brown bears and salmon fishes.
- There is a research and outdoor laboratory at the park that studies the effects of volcanism, climate change and other land formation processes.
- Its varied topography can be explored performing activities like bear watching, sport fishing boasting, hiking and camping.
- Visitors here can spot brown bears enjoying a fresh bath at the mouth of Brook River and the shore of Naknek Lake.
Location- King Salmon, AK 99613, United States
Denali National Park, Alaska
- Get ready to witness the beauty of one of the finest national parks in USA at its iconic mountain vista area, river bank and the wonder lake.
- Here, travelers enjoy views of the taiga forests, high alpine tundra, snowy mountains and spot different wild animals.
- The Denali National Park is home to 39 species of mammals, 169 species of birds, and 1 lonely species of amphibian.
- Dog lovers would love meeting the snowy fur friends at the park and taking a sledding ride from them.
Location- Alaska, United States
Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota
- The adventure wonderland of Voyageurs covers an area of 218,055 acres and exposes its diverse topography of rock ridges, cliffs, wetlands, forests, etc., to its visitors.
- More than 100 species of birds, including eagles and loons, and more than 50 species of mammals, including moose, beavers, and wolves call this place their home.
- A surreal experience of auroras is the biggest highlight of the park, visitors can catch the sight of northern lights in the winters.
- Catching a sight of colorful subtropical and temperate birds, stargazing in a clear atmosphere and houseboating are some of the popular activities at the park.
Location- Minnesota, United States
This place is also notable for its giant sequoia trees, including the General Sherman tree that is known as the largest tree on earth by volume.
Location: Adjacent to Kings Canyon National Park in California's southern Sierra Nevada mountain
Entry Fee: $70
Some of the notable attractions here are bad water basin, china ranch, devil's hole, Oasis at Death Valley, sailing stones, Scotty’s castle, tecopa hot springs and many more.
Location: Eastern California and Nevada
Everglades National Park, Florida
- Everglades is amongst the largest subtropical national parks in USA that protects the abode of several endangered species like manatee and the Florida panther.
- It would be enthralling to spot some of the birds from a large pool of over 300 species that are present in the park.
- Exciting and adventurous programmes at Flamingo district , Gulf Coast, Royal Palm and Shark Valley would spark the journey of visitors.
- Availability of different accessibility options like hearing, mobility and sight makes it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the park’s premises as well.
Location- Florida, United States
Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- The park houses the active volcano of Mount Rainier, it has been covered fully in glaciers and gives birth to five rivers.
- An elevation of 14,410 feet above sea level brings the park its subalpine meadow vegetation and wildlife.
- A wide range of geographical features like volcanoes, waterfalls, aggradation, sunrise geology, etc., marks the varied topography of the park
- It’s a perfect destination to begin with an adventure consisting of trails, hiking, spotting wildflowers, bicycling on hills and climbing.
- Mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, insects and other species of animals can be spotted here in the park.
Location- Washington, United States
Redwood National and State Parks, California
- It’s home to the tallest trees on Earth along with housing vast prairies, oak woodlands, wild rivers and a 40 miles long coastline.
- The diverse landscape of the park allows you to perform different outdoor activities like tidepooling, wildlife viewing, horseback riding, etc.
- Visitors here can spot various wildlife including California sea lions, giant green sea anemone, bald eagles, Roosevelt elk, salamanders, and of course, a banana slug.
- There are several schools at the park like the Howland Hill Outdoor School and the Wolf Creek Education Center which works for the cause of environment protection.
Location- California, United States
North Cascades National Park, Washington
- The alpine vegetation of North Cascades makes its standout amongst all the USA national parks.
- Rugged landscapes, jagged peaks, flowing rivers, freshwater lakes and over 300 glaciers add further to the beauty of North Cascades.
- Known for its camping location, visitors may check out the locations for Boat-In Camping or Wilderness Camping.
- North Cascades is home to several aquatic invasive species, over 200 bird species from 38 families and geographical features like alpine meadows and wetlands.
Location- It’s portions are located in the portions of Whatcom, Skagit and Chelan counties of Washington, USA