Shedd Aquarium, Chicago
- The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago offers unforgettable experiences including touch tanks, multisensory 4D. Encounter with beluga whales, sea otters, penguins, and stingrays, among many other things which makes it the best aquarium in USA.
- Besides, watch Pacific white-sided dolphins jump 20 feet into the air and swim across the sea at up to 25 mph at the Abbott Oceanarium.
- Children can explore the underwater viewing area at the kid-friendly Polar Play Zone while wearing a penguin suit, traveling in a miniature submarine, and learning about life at the North and South poles.
Timing: Monday to Saturday - 9am to 5pm; Sunday - 11am to 6pm
New York Aquarium, New York
- The New York Aquarium located on Riegelmann Boardwalk in Coney Island Brooklyn is the oldest functioning aquarium in the USA.
- It is one of the best aquariums in the USA which features several wildlife installations, a 4D theater, public feedings, and more.
- You can visit the aquarium's outdoor Aquatheater to watch a sea lion display, or stop by Conservation Hall to witness colorful fish swimming among coral reefs.
- The Ocean Wonders display also features 18 different species of sharks and rays, ranging from zebra sharks to sandbar sharks.
Timing: 10am to 4.30 pm everyday
New England Aquarium, Boston
- The New England Aquarium, Boston's oldest and largest non-profit aquarium, is home to a wide variety of underwater species.
- One can see its several displays in the main aquarium building, including the Indo-Pacific coral reef, Atlantic harbor seals, penguins, and the Amazon forest.
- Among the many other well-designed exhibits is a four-story display called the Giant Ocean tank, which is 200,000 gallons in size and resembles the Caribbean coral reef. The tank is home to hundreds of turtles, stingrays, eels, and other coastal animals.
Timing: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm; Saturday & Sunday - 9am to 6pm
SeaWorld, San Diego
- Visit SeaWorld San Diego for a fun-filled day of activities and take advantage of the chance to interact with more than 27,000 different kinds of aquatic creatures.
- Attend the live Dolphin Show with your family & loved ones and be in awe of their exhilarating jumps.
- Watch the loggerhead, hawksbill, and green sea turtles as well as thousands of tropical fish at Turtle Reef.
Timing: Sunday - 10am to 7pm;
Friday & Saturday - 9am to 9pm
Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas
- Plan a day out at the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay which is home to nearly 2,000 aquatic creatures.
- Sharks and other aquatic life can be seen swimming above visitors' heads as they pass through clear glass tubes.
- In comparison to an ocean dive, the exhibit gives you the chance to see more exotic sharks in one place.
- Families will delight in observing the critically endangered sea turtles, enormous rays, and various other aquatic species swim right under their noses.
Timing: 10am to 8am
Monterey Bay Aquarium, California
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium, California is regarded as one of the best aquariums in the USA which is known for exhibiting flora and fauna found in the oceans.
- In addition, this aquarium has deep Inside the aquarium, there are deep sea and coral reef installations where you can observe giant Pacific octopus, sea otters, penguins, and other animals.
- As a pioneer in ocean conservation and education, this aquarium not only lets visitors experience these rare habitats but also contributes to their preservation.
Timing: 10 am to 6pm everyday
Georgia Aquarium, Georgia
- The wildlife interactions at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, which is one of the best aquariums in the USA which will enthrall as you witness marine animals like sea lions and watch he 4D movies with your family
- If you are fortunate enough, you may also get to view American alligators, bottlenose dolphins, whale sharks, and Beluga whales inside the aquarium.
- The Ocean Voyager exhibit features a 100-foot underwater walk-through tunnel allowing one to witness more than 50 species.
Timing: Monday to Thursday - 9am to 8pm; Friday to Sunday - 9am to 9pm
Seattle Aquarium, Washington
- The Seattle Aquarium, located on Elliott Bay in the Emerald City, offers the opportunity to spend the day with sea and river otters, seals, moon jellyfish, lionfish, and sea anemones.
- The aquarium also conducts summer programs, family activities, and beach scientific programs outside the venue as these experiences enhance interactive learning.
- Inside this best aquarium in USA, the Ocean Pavilion is soon going to be introduced with an aim to increase ocean ethics and encouragement to increase environmental conservation.
Timing: 9.30 am to 6.00 pm everyday
National Aquarium, Baltimore
- In 1981, the National Aquarium, formerly known as National Aquarium Baltimore, opened its doors in Baltimore's Inner Harbor and got listed among the best aquariums in USA.
- The National Aquarium's displays take guests on a quick tour of the globe by simulating ecosystems like the Australian river gorge, the Amazon rainforest, and the Atlantic coral reef.
- Tourists can interact with dolphins and jellyfish, or they can go to a discounted Friday night performance for a fun start to the weekend.
Timing: Monday to Thursday - 10 am to 4pm; Friday: 9am to 8pm; Saturday - 9am to 6pm; Sunday - 10am to 5pm
Ripley Aquarium of the Smokies, Tennessee
- Head out to one of the best aquarium in US, the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies which is home to around 10,000 exotic sea creatures in 350 individual species.
- The aquarium's 340-foot underwater tunnel allows one to see sharks, sea turtles, stingrays, and other exotic sea creatures up close without getting wet.
- It has one of the longest underwater viewing tunnels in the world whose moving gliding path appears to transport tourists across the ocean's depths is a part of this aquarium.
Timing: Monday to Thursday- 9am to 9pm ; Friday to Sunday - 9am to 10 pm
Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Florida
- Visitors at Clear Marine Aqua can find here marine animals who are rescued, rehabilitated, and released along with learning about the world of marine life.
- Witnesses rescued otters, dolphins, marine turtles, and more in addition to increasing knowledge from speeches, instructional games, and displays.
- The aquarium, originally known as the Clearwater Marine Science Center, opened in 1972 in the erstwhile is one of the best aquariums in the USA.
Timing: Sunday to Friday - 10 am to 7pm ; Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, New Orleans
- The Audubon Aquarium houses aquatic species from both parts of Americas, North and South America and are on display for the tourists.
- Notable exhibits inside include the Caribbean reef exhibit, jellyfish exhibits, amazon reef, etc which has more than 3,600 animals from more than 250 species.
- The aquarium also houses endangered species, such as African penguins, and rare animals, such as white alligators.
- The Gulf of Mexico tank representing ocean life beneath an oil drill platform has undergone a significant renovation.
Location: 1 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States
Texas State Aquarium, Texas
- The Texas State Aquarium houses animals from seas of two different areas including The Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Additionally, it is committed to preserving the health of the oceans, saving and restoring the wildlife, and educating people about the sea, especially young ones.
- You can see sharks, stingrays, fish, octopuses, dolphins, birds, and, of course, a tonne of fish at the aquarium's exhibits.
- Visitors may also learn more about the birth and formative years cycles of moon jellies, bamboo sharks, and brine shrimp in a special nursery exhibit.
Timing: 10am to 5pm everyday except
Newport Aquarium, Kentucky
- Observe stingrays up close, encounter with rare white alligators, and find yourself surrounded by sharks at the tunnel of this aquarium.
- The Newport Aquarium, consistently ranked one of the best aquariums in the USA, is a must-see destination for families and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Walk through the coral reef tunnel, seeing the freshwater life in the Amazon Tunnel, and crossing the 75-foot-long suspended rope bridge.
- It hangs inches above a tank of sharks, rays, and fish all make for an enjoyable way to spend a whole day.
Timing: 9am to 7pm everyday
Alaska SeaLife Center, Alaska
- On the banks of Resurrection Bay in the heart of Seward, the Alaska SeaLife Center is a cutting-edge institution for marine research, rehabilitation, and education.
- Learn about the important marine research and rehabilitation work being done at the Alaska SeaLife Center for sick and wounded marine mammals.
- Close interactions with Steller sea lions, sea otters, seals, puffins and other marine life are available to visitors at the SeaLife Center's windows to the sea.
Timing: Monday & Thursday to Saturday: 12 - 5pm;
Tuesday, Wednesday & Sunday - closed