Bangalore has managed to retain most of its beautiful heritage parks which are full of colorful flowers and large shady trees with benches to sit together in cozy harmony.
- Lal Bagh is an evergreen favorite with couples of all ages
- Cubbon Park is a favorite for morning walkers and lovers looking for privacy
- Bugle Rock Park in Basavangudi is another tranquil location.
- Nandi Hills - If absolute solitude is your aim then take a long early morning drive
- Hebbal Lake - Watch the glorious sunrise or intriguing fowl species.
- Ulsoor Lake - Take your sweetheart on a romantic boat ride down the tranquil lake
- Bangalore Palace - Take a royal carriage ride along the gardens
- Lumbini Gardens – Walk along the gardens or try out game activities
- Wonderla Water Park – Water based game activities we are sure you will not be disappointed.
Whatever maybe your idea of a romantic dinner be it candlelight dinners, starlit dinner on a rooftop, poolside dinner with candles floating in the water, Bangalore’s restaurants have it all and can customize the experience to suit your personal taste.
We Recommend: Best Places in Bangalore for Couples
- Olive Branch with its Mediterranean themed ambience and delectable gourmet creations located at the Richmond Road is the perfect place for a romantic date
- Persian Terrace on Rajajinagar with intricate lamps and classic Lebanese menu under a starlit sky.
- Spice Terrace on JW Marriott for cozy poolside dinners on Lavelle Road
- Big Brewsky with its microbrewery on Sarjapur Road
- By the Blue at Grand Mercure in Koramangala is peaceful and serene
- Bierre Republic on Church Street
- Rim Naam at the Oberoi on MG Road
- High Ultra Lounge atop World Trade Center in Malleshwarm is a classic combination of great views and privacy
Couples seeking the romantic experience in Bangalore of candlelight dinner can head out to any of the locations below like -
- Café Max on CMH Road with its cozy setting and faery lights at every table
- Blue Ginger at Raj West End on Race Course Road with its peaceful atmosphere.
- Le Cirque Signature on Old Airport road should be your destination for a classic fine dine experience with candlelight
- News Café in Indiranagar
- Bierre Republic at Pavilion Mall in Church Street for warm woody ambience
- Ebony –Ivory Tower with its amazing is perfect as well
- Mezzaluna with its stylish Italian furniture and food above MovenPick hotel in HMT Road
If poolside restaurant is your idea of a romantic date then these bar and resort options in Bangalore would be ideal
- Royal Afghan at ITC Windsor on Sankey Road is a must or
- By the Blue at Grand Mercure in Koramangala if you are in that part of town
- Aroi in Sarjapur may be a lakeside restaurant but it is equally magical
- Blue Terrain –Novotel in Marathahalli with charming blue furniture and live music is beautiful.
- Aqua Bangalore on MG Road offers a alfresco experience with glowing candle lanterns Aquagrill (Fortune Select Trinity) at Whitefield offers delectable continental and tandoori cuisine with panoramic view and poolside dining
- Strona the Poolside Bar in Yeshwantpur is ideal if you seek casual dining
- The Grand Magrath in South Bangalore is perfect for private dinner with your romantic partner.
Rooftop dinner locations are also popular with couples as it gives them a feeling of being away from the rest of the world and in their own private haven.
Here are some popular choices in Bangalore city to try out -
- On the Edge at Barton Center
- The Open Box in St.Marks Road
- Big Pitcher on Old Airport Road that serves the best of Indian, American and Continental fare on this side of town.
- The Fatty Bao serving Thai cuisine on 80 Feet Road Indiranagar
- Ebony on MG Road
- Fenny’s Lounge and Kitchen in Koramangala
- Tippler-On the Roof in Indiranagar
- Bang –Ritz Carlton on Residency Road is great
On a lazy Sunday morning wouldn’t it be lovely to step out for a scrumptious brunch and a hot cup of your favorite beverage without worrying about what to cook?
Here are some popular options in Bangalore
If you are in Koramangala then the best breakfast places are
- The Hole in the Wall Café in 4th Block
- Café Terra on 80 feet Road
- Sree Krishna Kafe on 5th Block
- Dyu Art Café on 8th
Foodies in Indiranagar can head out to
- Café Max on CMH Road
- Smoke House Deli
- Crème and Crust both on 100 Feet Road
List would be incomplete without old favorites like
- Indian Coffee House on Church Street
- Koshy’s on St.Marks Road
- Vidyarthi Bhavan in Basavanagudi
- The Egg Factory outlets in JP Nagar and St. Mark’s Road
Bored about lack of things to do on a long weekend and all your friends out of town? Well, you both have each other for company so why not try these day outing locations in Bangalore.
- Grover Zampa Vineyards is perfect in all seasons
- Thattekere Lake beyond Bannerghatta National Park, Pearl Valley Muthyalamaduvu and Thottikallu Falls are perfect after monsoons.
- Gaganachukki Barachukki falls
- Mysore the palace city
- Ramanagara hills for picnic with a packed lunch and outdoor board games
- Nandi Hills
- Innovative Film City to just take some silly photos and just have fun
- Savandurga and Manchinbele are ideal for couples to just enjoy the waterfall and scenery
For a perfect mix of luxury and privacy couples can stay at :-
- Ramee Guestline hotels in Attibele
- Garden Asia Resort on Mysore Road for its starry ambience
- Country Club Mysore Road
- Talakadu Jaladhama Resort on Narasipura
- Golden Palms Resort
- Mango Mist Resort is a perfect day getaway
- Parkfield Resotel
- Urban Valley Resort with beautifully laid out gardens
- Olde Bangalore Resort
- Eagleton Golf Resort
- Trek to Ramnagaram is the most popular as it includes rappelling and cave exploration Antharagange at 68 km from Bangalore
- Skandagiri which is famous for both day and night treks
- Karighatta Trek offers kayaking too
- Ramadevara Betta is for rappelling and rock climbing,
- Vanakebe Falls in Agumbe
- Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta in Kanakpura.
Perfect romantic camping options are
- Sakleshpur camping besides the river Cauvery that is 221 kms from Bangalore and Nachikuppam Camp Linger near Krishnagiri located close to 60 acre mango farm
- Manchinbele for trekking and camping
- Ramanagaram after a day long trek trip
- Bananthi Betta or Kanakpura Campsite located at Hosa Doddi Lake.
- Bheemeshwari is good for both adventure and natural beauty
The ability of cellphone cameras to take photos in every kind of light conditions has almost eliminated the job of professional photographers that used to roam around photographic locales of the city to take romantic couples.
So where can couples head to take memorable photographs of their special moments with each other? Let us give you a few ideas !!
- Lal Bagh – Lovely park with flowers and greenery
- Cubbon Park – Large shady trees, statues and greenery
- Lumbini gardens have picture perfect locations.
- Bheemeshwari - For pictures with natural beauty of river and jungle
- Talakad - For pictures with natural beauty of river and jungle
- Nrityagram – Quaint dance academy in a forest
- Doddamakali on Cauvery banks is just as picturesque
- Nandi Hills
- Mullayanagiri Hills
- Innovative Film city with its beautiful movie sets
- Ramanagara hilltop has breathtaking views for picture memories you will cherish
- Orion Mall and Mantri Square shopping malls in Malleshwaram
- Phoenix Market City also provides photogenic spots for locking memories
Cooking is much more fun when it is done as a combined effort so why not try your hand at learning a few interesting recipes together at these cooking classes :
- Jus Trufs for Rs.900 per person - Learn to make chocolate products
- Konsult Baking and Culinary Academy for Rs. 2500 per person learn French Quiché Baking Class
- Cook and Bake with Deepali at Rs. 2500 per person learn to cook authentic Chinese and Italian cuisine
- Rajuls cookery classes at Rs.900 per person learn Mexican cuisine
There is nothing as refreshing and relaxing for an entire day at a beautiful spa enjoying scented massages while listening to soothing music. The best spa options in Bangalore city are -
- The Windflower in Devanahalli
- Thai Refresh Spa in Indira Nagar
- Our Native Village in Hessarghatta
- The Hills Sakleshpur for romantic weekends
- The Leela Palace
- Silent Shore in Mysore
- Angana- The Country Inn at Kanakpura Road
- Clarks Exotica Resort in Devanahalli
- Goldfinch Retreat
- Le Meridien Hotel
- Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort’s signature bamboo massage includes massage and body polish
- Soukya at Whitefield is an Ayurvedic spa
- Whitemantra’s signature Lomi Lomi massage is from Hawaii
Take your loved ones out for a long weekend stay or short picnic to these locations in Bangalore:-
- Savandurga which has a ruined fort for a picnic
- Avani has ancient temples to enjoy
- Bannerghatta National Park has several fun safaris
- Wonderla amusement park - Book a roof for the weekend at the resort
- Chunchi Falls - Take a swim in the cool waters
- Bheemeshwari – Try fishing and ride a coracle
- Balmuri and Edmuri falls - Explore lush greenery around
- Hessarghatta lake - Explore grasslands and enjoy a picnic lunch
- Horsley Hills – Marvel at charming “World’s biggest Banyan Tree
- Snow City is also great for fun time with family flicking snow at each other or racing cars in the game arena.
While sitting for a candlelight dinner at a posh restaurant is nice, it is more fun to sit at a strategic rooftop restaurant with bird’s eye view of the city.
Here are some restaurants that you can try out in Bangalore:
- 13th Floor on MG Road
- Skyye on Vittal Mallya Road
- High Ultra Lounge on Dr. Rajkumar Road
- Watson’s on Assaye Road
- On The Edge provide great views
High points with only views of Bangalore’s skyline
- Rajarajeshwari Temple atop the Omkar hills gives scenic views of the surrounding jungles and ponds till Kengeri,
- Hebbal flyover connecting city with international airport has breathtaking aerial view. The Metro link between Mysore road and Byappanahalli also gives a fleeting but nice view of the busy streets of Bangalore as the train whizzes over homes and roads
Even with its restricted nightlife due to recent regulations Bangalore is a great place for parties on weekends and weekdays.
Some of the best places with great music, food and ambience for couples are –
- Skyye on 16th Floor of UB City that allows you to enjoy the view of city skyline after a tiring bout of dancing
- Loft 38 on 100 Feet IndiraNagar is good
- The Big Pitcher on Old Airport Road
- Barleyz – The Brew House has free entry for couples on Fridays
- Zuri in Whitefield offers free entry to couples on all days.
The ideal locations for short two day weekend trips are
- Hogenakkal Falls just 189 kms from Bangalore that also has local boat
- Bheemeshwari for natural beauty and adventure
- Coorg – Smell the coffee and wander around the coffee estate on a homestay
- Ooty – Enjoy boating on the lake and just explore the local hills
- Wayanad - Wander around the lovely hills of Western Ghats
- Munnar – Roam around the tea gardens enjoying homemade chocolate
If historical ruins, temples and forts are your interests then check out Shravanabelagola
- Belur and Halebid that are close to each other
- Badami Caves
- Mysore and Srirangapatnam
- Dharmasthala temples
- Hampi remains of Vijaynagar’s grandeur beside a river