When you think of Bangalore as a tourist destination, you probably think of the beautiful palaces, neat and wide roads, an abundance of greenery and even the local cutting ‘kappi.’ But have you ever considered visiting this Silicon Valley of India with your better half? Well, it may not be a popular honeymoon destination but it surely has a lot to offer. Bangalore is a city full of scenic views and pleasant climate that is apt for honeymooners.
South India is one of the most romantic parts of India. From forests to beaches, green lush fields to ancient temples; there is so much to see and do. With the best honeymoon tours in Bangalore, it certainly contributes to this title with enough options of places to be visited and several things to do for couples who definitely are pampered by the city. Here, you can get to the most stunning locations after a couple of hours of drive from the main city centre, away from the crowd. The perfect blend of nature and romantic views are perfect for couples looking for some private, relaxing time.
Lumbini gardens, Bangalore Palace, Sakleshpur, the botanical garden of Lalbagh, Bannerghatta national park, Ulsoor Lake, Cubbon Park, Nandi Hills, Drover vineyard, Sankey tank, Thattekere Lake, Thottikallu Falls, Hebbal Lake, Muthyalamaduvu can be some of the most romantic places for couples. Another most romantic way of expressing your love to your partner in this city can be the hot air balloon ride.
Moreover, if you are looking to add a zest of adventure and thrill in your trip you can take the various trekking and camping trips to the outskirts of the city because a candlelight dinner is too mainstream. Pick out the best honeymoon tours in Bangalore and be sure of coming across some splendid views, being closest to nature and being a part of the crazy Bangalore lifestyle.
Moreover, if days seem left, Bangalore has a great nightlife as well. So hold your partner close and groove to the beats of some fancy music in the clubs. Certainly, if you are looking out for honeymoon destinations in India, we are sure Bangalore will definitely be on your list now on.
People Also Ask About Honeymoon in Bangalore
At which places can couples spend a romantic time in Bangalore?
Bangalore has managed to retain most of its beautiful heritage parks which are full of colorful flowers and large shady trees with benches to sit together in cozy harmony.
- Lal Bagh is an evergreen favorite with couples of all ages
- Cubbon Park is a favorite for morning walkers and lovers looking for privacy
- Bugle Rock Park in Basavangudi is another tranquil location.
- Nandi Hills - If absolute solitude is your aim then take a long early morning drive
- Hebbal Lake - Watch the glorious sunrise or intriguing fowl species.
- Ulsoor Lake - Take your sweetheart on a romantic boat ride down the tranquil lake
- Bangalore Palace - Take a royal carriage ride along the gardens
- Lumbini Gardens – Walk along the gardens or try out game activities
- Wonderla Water Park – Water based game activities we are sure you will not be disappointed.
Which all places are best for romantic dinner in Bangalore?
Whatever maybe your idea of a romantic dinner be it candlelight dinners, starlit dinner on a rooftop, poolside dinner with candles floating in the water, Bangalore’s restaurants have it all and can customize the experience to suit your personal taste.
- Olive Branch with its Mediterranean themed ambience and delectable gourmet creations located at the Richmond Road is the perfect place for a romantic date
- Persian Terrace on Rajajinagar with intricate lamps and classic Lebanese menu under a starlit sky.
- Spice Terrace on JW Marriott for cozy poolside dinners on Lavelle Road
- Big Brewsky with its microbrewery on Sarjapur Road
- By the Blue at Grand Mercure in Koramangala is peaceful and serene
- Bierre Republic on Church Street
- Rim Naam at the Oberoi on MG Road
- High Ultra Lounge atop World Trade Center in Malleshwarm is a classic combination of great views and privacy
Where can couples go for private candlelight dinners in Bangalore?
Couples seeking the romantic experience in Bangalore of candlelight dinner can head out to any of the locations below like -
- Café Max on CMH Road with its cozy setting and faery lights at every table
- Blue Ginger at Raj West End on Race Course Road with its peaceful atmosphere.
- Le Cirque Signature on Old Airport road should be your destination for a classic fine dine experience with candlelight
- News Café in Indiranagar
- Bierre Republic at Pavilion Mall in Church Street for warm woody ambience
- Ebony –Ivory Tower with its amazing is perfect as well
- Mezzaluna with its stylish Italian furniture and food above MovenPick hotel in HMT Road
Which places are good for a poolside dinner in Bangalore?
If poolside restaurant is your idea of a romantic date then these bar and resort options in Bangalore would be ideal
- Royal Afghan at ITC Windsor on Sankey Road is a must or
- By the Blue at Grand Mercure in Koramangala if you are in that part of town
- Aroi in Sarjapur may be a lakeside restaurant but it is equally magical
- Blue Terrain –Novotel in Marathahalli with charming blue furniture and live music is beautiful.
- Aqua Bangalore on MG Road offers a alfresco experience with glowing candle lanterns Aquagrill (Fortune Select Trinity) at Whitefield offers delectable continental and tandoori cuisine with panoramic view and poolside dining
- Strona the Poolside Bar in Yeshwantpur is ideal if you seek casual dining
- The Grand Magrath in South Bangalore is perfect for private dinner with your romantic partner.
Which are some famous rooftop dinner points in Bangalore?
Rooftop dinner locations are also popular with couples as it gives them a feeling of being away from the rest of the world and in their own private haven.
Here are some popular choices in Bangalore city to try out -
- On the Edge at Barton Center
- The Open Box in St.Marks Road
- Big Pitcher on Old Airport Road that serves the best of Indian, American and Continental fare on this side of town.
- The Fatty Bao serving Thai cuisine on 80 Feet Road Indiranagar
- Ebony on MG Road
- Fenny’s Lounge and Kitchen in Koramangala
- Tippler-On the Roof in Indiranagar
- Bang –Ritz Carlton on Residency Road is great
Which places are good for couple breakfast in Bangalore?
On a lazy Sunday morning wouldn’t it be lovely to step out for a scrumptious brunch and a hot cup of your favorite beverage without worrying about what to cook?
Here are some popular options in Bangalore
If you are in Koramangala then the best breakfast places are
- The Hole in the Wall Café in 4th Block
- Café Terra on 80 feet Road
- Sree Krishna Kafe on 5th Block
- Dyu Art Café on 8th
Foodies in Indiranagar can head out to
- Café Max on CMH Road
- Smoke House Deli
- Crème and Crust both on 100 Feet Road
List would be incomplete without old favorites like
- Indian Coffee House on Church Street
- Koshy’s on St.Marks Road
- Vidyarthi Bhavan in Basavanagudi
- The Egg Factory outlets in JP Nagar and St. Mark’s Road
Which are some best day outing packages for couples?
Bored about lack of things to do on a long weekend and all your friends out of town? Well, you both have each other for company so why not try these day outing locations in Bangalore.
- Grover Zampa Vineyards is perfect in all seasons
- Thattekere Lake beyond Bannerghatta National Park, Pearl Valley Muthyalamaduvu and Thottikallu Falls are perfect after monsoons.
- Gaganachukki Barachukki falls
- Mysore the palace city
- Ramanagara hills for picnic with a packed lunch and outdoor board games
- Nandi Hills
- Innovative Film City to just take some silly photos and just have fun
- Savandurga and Manchinbele are ideal for couples to just enjoy the waterfall and scenery
Which are some romantic stay options for couples near Bangalore?
For a perfect mix of luxury and privacy couples can stay at :-
- Ramee Guestline hotels in Attibele
- Garden Asia Resort on Mysore Road for its starry ambience
- Country Club Mysore Road
- Talakadu Jaladhama Resort on Narasipura
- Golden Palms Resort
- Mango Mist Resort is a perfect day getaway
- Parkfield Resotel
- Urban Valley Resort with beautifully laid out gardens
- Olde Bangalore Resort
- Eagleton Golf Resort
Are there any treks which couples can do?
- Trek to Ramnagaram is the most popular as it includes rappelling and cave exploration Antharagange at 68 km from Bangalore
- Skandagiri which is famous for both day and night treks
- Karighatta Trek offers kayaking too
- Ramadevara Betta is for rappelling and rock climbing,
- Vanakebe Falls in Agumbe
- Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta in Kanakpura.
Where all can couples do camping near Bangalore?
Perfect romantic camping options are
- Sakleshpur camping besides the river Cauvery that is 221 kms from Bangalore and Nachikuppam Camp Linger near Krishnagiri located close to 60 acre mango farm
- Manchinbele for trekking and camping
- Ramanagaram after a day long trek trip
- Bananthi Betta or Kanakpura Campsite located at Hosa Doddi Lake.
- Bheemeshwari is good for both adventure and natural beauty
Where can couples have a photography session in Bangalore?
The ability of cellphone cameras to take photos in every kind of light conditions has almost eliminated the job of professional photographers that used to roam around photographic locales of the city to take romantic couples.
So where can couples head to take memorable photographs of their special moments with each other? Let us give you a few ideas !!
- Lal Bagh – Lovely park with flowers and greenery
- Cubbon Park – Large shady trees, statues and greenery
- Lumbini gardens have picture perfect locations.
- Bheemeshwari - For pictures with natural beauty of river and jungle
- Talakad - For pictures with natural beauty of river and jungle
- Nrityagram – Quaint dance academy in a forest
- Doddamakali on Cauvery banks is just as picturesque
- Nandi Hills
- Mullayanagiri Hills
- Innovative Film city with its beautiful movie sets
- Ramanagara hilltop has breathtaking views for picture memories you will cherish
- Orion Mall and Mantri Square shopping malls in Malleshwaram
- Phoenix Market City also provides photogenic spots for locking memories
Are there any cooking classes for couples? How much it will cost?
Cooking is much more fun when it is done as a combined effort so why not try your hand at learning a few interesting recipes together at these cooking classes :
- Jus Trufs for Rs.900 per person - Learn to make chocolate products
- Konsult Baking and Culinary Academy for Rs. 2500 per person learn French Quiché Baking Class
- Cook and Bake with Deepali at Rs. 2500 per person learn to cook authentic Chinese and Italian cuisine
- Rajuls cookery classes at Rs.900 per person learn Mexican cuisine
Which are some best spas for couples around Bangalore?
There is nothing as refreshing and relaxing for an entire day at a beautiful spa enjoying scented massages while listening to soothing music. The best spa options in Bangalore city are -
- The Windflower in Devanahalli
- Thai Refresh Spa in Indira Nagar
- Our Native Village in Hessarghatta
- The Hills Sakleshpur for romantic weekends
- The Leela Palace
- Silent Shore in Mysore
- Angana- The Country Inn at Kanakpura Road
- Clarks Exotica Resort in Devanahalli
- Goldfinch Retreat
- Le Meridien Hotel
- Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort’s signature bamboo massage includes massage and body polish
- Soukya at Whitefield is an Ayurvedic spa
- Whitemantra’s signature Lomi Lomi massage is from Hawaii
Which all places are suitable for surprises for your loved ones around Bangalore?
Take your loved ones out for a long weekend stay or short picnic to these locations in Bangalore:-
- Savandurga which has a ruined fort for a picnic
- Avani has ancient temples to enjoy
- Bannerghatta National Park has several fun safaris
- Wonderla amusement park - Book a roof for the weekend at the resort
- Chunchi Falls - Take a swim in the cool waters
- Bheemeshwari – Try fishing and ride a coracle
- Balmuri and Edmuri falls - Explore lush greenery around
- Hessarghatta lake - Explore grasslands and enjoy a picnic lunch
- Horsley Hills – Marvel at charming “World’s biggest Banyan Tree
- Snow City is also great for fun time with family flicking snow at each other or racing cars in the game arena.
Which are some famous points where couples can enjoy a great view around Bangalore?
While sitting for a candlelight dinner at a posh restaurant is nice, it is more fun to sit at a strategic rooftop restaurant with bird’s eye view of the city.
Here are some restaurants that you can try out in Bangalore:
- 13th Floor on MG Road
- Skyye on Vittal Mallya Road
- High Ultra Lounge on Dr. Rajkumar Road
- Watson’s on Assaye Road
- On The Edge provide great views
High points with only views of Bangalore’s skyline
- Rajarajeshwari Temple atop the Omkar hills gives scenic views of the surrounding jungles and ponds till Kengeri,
- Hebbal flyover connecting city with international airport has breathtaking aerial view. The Metro link between Mysore road and Byappanahalli also gives a fleeting but nice view of the busy streets of Bangalore as the train whizzes over homes and roads
Which are some famous party places in Bangalore to enjoy with your loved one?
Even with its restricted nightlife due to recent regulations Bangalore is a great place for parties on weekends and weekdays.
Some of the best places with great music, food and ambience for couples are –
- Skyye on 16th Floor of UB City that allows you to enjoy the view of city skyline after a tiring bout of dancing
- Loft 38 on 100 Feet IndiraNagar is good
- The Big Pitcher on Old Airport Road
- Barleyz – The Brew House has free entry for couples on Fridays
- Zuri in Whitefield offers free entry to couples on all days.
Which all destinations are good for a weekend trip from Bangalore for couples?
The ideal locations for short two day weekend trips are
- Hogenakkal Falls just 189 kms from Bangalore that also has local boat
- Bheemeshwari for natural beauty and adventure
- Coorg – Smell the coffee and wander around the coffee estate on a homestay
- Ooty – Enjoy boating on the lake and just explore the local hills
- Wayanad - Wander around the lovely hills of Western Ghats
- Munnar – Roam around the tea gardens enjoying homemade chocolate
If historical ruins, temples and forts are your interests then check out Shravanabelagola
- Belur and Halebid that are close to each other
- Badami Caves
- Mysore and Srirangapatnam
- Dharmasthala temples
- Hampi remains of Vijaynagar’s grandeur beside a river
Lalbagh is one of the oldest botanical gardens in India and is also a major tourist attraction in South India. Located in South Bengaluru, the Lalbagh Botanical Garden is not only one of the largest botanical gardens in India, but also the first of its kind, with planned routes, glasshouses and ornamental flowers growing throughout the property.The garden itself is spread over an area of 240 acres and its construction was commissioned by the famous ruler Hyder Ali. It was finally completed by his son- Tipu Sultan- who designed the gardens keeping in mind the beautiful gardens of Sira in Tumkur District in Karnataka.Lalbagh is home to exotic flowers that were imported by the Sultan from countries like France, Persia, Arabia, Afghanistan, etc. Therefore, flowers that were previously never seen in India were first witnessed in this historical garden. Trees that were imported by Tipu Sultan from all over the world can still be found growing here.Apart from the exotic trees, visitors can also catch sight of some rare birds such as the Myna, pond heron, purple moorhen, parakeets, Brahminy kites, the common egret and much more. Apart from the stunning flora and fauna of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden, it has another striking attraction, which is the Lalbagh rock. This rock, which is said to be over 3000 years old, is one of the oldest rocks in the world and can be found in the center of the garden.
At the intersection of MG road and Residency road lies Brigade road which is considered a shopping paradise for the city dwellers. There is a long stretch of standalone shops, individual retailers, and outlet selling almost everything you need making it one the best Bangalore sightseeing. This commercial hubs houses myriads of global brand outlets as well and it has been a hub for celebrating New Year in the almost every year.
In the technology-driven, futuristic Silicon Valley of India, monuments of historical significance boasting of a glorious past are also abundant. The historical heritage of the city is so magnificent and eminent that it rises to prominence on its own. One such landmark is the Tudor style Bangalore Palace.The Palace is a perfect representation of the lavishness and splendour with which India's most resilient dynasties ruled. Famous for its opulent architecture and amusement activities, the Palace is visited by several visitors every day. The colossal Palace boasts of massive courtyards, bright interiors, kingly grounds, splendid spiral staircases, stately towers and a luscious garden in a proud display of posh regality.Anyone who admires classic architecture and artistry would be delighted to experience it first hand at this Palace. It also houses an amusement park in its enclave to the delight of many younger visitors. Having been a private residence to the Wodeyar family, Bangalore palace offers a linear perspective into the royal life of the forepassed era. It is plush with a vibrant and varied collection of ancient royal artefacts, paraphernalia, hunting trophies and family photos.The Palace houses some of the most famous paintings of the 19th Century, including the works of one of India's most celebrated artists Raja Ravi Verma. The Palace grounds very often become venues for concerts and festivals. World-renowned artists like Enrique and Guns N' Roses have graced the palace grounds with their talent and presence. The Palace hence combines the richness and luxury of royal history with the vivacious and exuberant demeanour of the youth. Bangalore Palace HistoryOriginally a property of Reverend J Garrett, the principal of a school in the cantonment town at that time, the area where the Palace is now located was purchased from him by the British Guardians of Maharaja Chamarajendra Wadiyar for 40,000 rupees. The construction of the palace began in the year 1874. Mr John Cameron of Lalbagh was assigned the task of landscaping Palace along with its surroundings. The complete construction of the palace was completed in the year, 1878.The Palace saw many additions and modifications in its architecture in subsequent years. Maharaja Jayachamaraja Wadiyar added a few portions like the twin external staircase, the platform for musicians etc. outside the Durbar Hall. In 1970, HH Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar transferred ownership of the property to two companies, Chamundi Hotels and Shree Venkateshwara Real Estate Enterprises. However, this transaction was later shown to be fraudulent. A legal battle followed between this deal and Jayachamarajendra's son, Srikanta Datta. The five sisters of Srikanta Datta are now in possession of sections of the 28 acres of the Palace. In the year 1990 Srikant Datta finally compromised with the Chamaraju group and got back his part of the property including the main Palace except for 45 acres that the Chamaraju group still retains. Architecture:The Palace showcases exquisite wooden interiors surrounded by pristine walls. The Palace is enclosed within beautiful gardens. The architecture is a medley of Tudor style and Scottish style and has gothic undertones. A lot of physical artefacts inside are of British origin. It is said that the architecture of this building is inspired by that of the Windsor Castle and other architectural marvels of England and Normandy. The most prominent features of the Palace like the two-level granite structure of the fortified towers and turreted parapets take direct inspiration from the Tudor building styles. The entrance is decorated with grand Roman arches. The exterior of the building is covered in eccentric shapes and angles. The exterior walls are of a blushing cinnabar shade that gives the building a quaint Victorian vibe. The floor of the open courtyard of the Palace is adorned with granite seats covered with azure ceramic tiles. The ground floor also contains a beautifully decorated ballroom.The first floor of the Palace has a distinct chamber known as the Durbar Hall attached to an ornate staircase.This hall is famous for the enormous elephant head that is mounted in it and its gothic style tinted glass windows.