Camping Near Bangalore
Ramanagara, Kanakpura, Anthargange, Savandurga, Kemmanagundi, Sharavathi Backwaters, Nachikuppam, Bheemeshwari, Manchinbele and many more.
Camping in Bangalore is lately becoming very popular among the people and has been bringing in a lot of tourists from all over the world. Because of the quick-paced city life of Bangalore, the localities are continually searching for an end of the week to withdraw and break from the chaotic timetables. And keeping in mind that the extravagant resorts by the lake and the luxurious homestays by the coffee estates have taken a sideline, camping close to this city is something which is popular right at this point.
There are many camping spots close to Bangalore. Some offer tents, others give wooden cottages or jungle huts, while still others offer the choice of pitching individual tents as well. Nature lovers observe camping to be an ideal approach to unwind and energize by being one among nature. Camping excursions may traverse for only a day to a few days and evenings at max. Campers pitch compact tents and spend the night in them as a feature of their outdoor campaigns. Simple to cook sustenance, a small compact stove or lighters, and wooden logs are accessible in the outdoor areas.
Camping is always a wonderful experience but if you plan ahead, you can turn it into a memory that will last forever. You have so many choices in and around Bangalore that will make you understand why locals want to protect nature as much as possible. Get ready to uncover some of the best places for camping near Bangalore with this amazing list.
Places For Camping Near Bangalore:
1. RamanagaraFamous all over the country as the shooting site of the iconic Bollywood movie Sholay, Ramanagara is known to offer an adrenaline-fueled experience of camping in Bangalore. Taking you closer to nature, Ramanagara has been an amazing campsite for couples, families, and corporate teams.
Distance from Bangalore: 55 kilometers.
2. KanakpuraLying by the picturesque HosaDoddi Lake and encompassed by Bananthimari forest region, Kanakpura is known for its enchanting natural beauty and zealful atmosphere. Surrounded by lush greenery, this place is perfect for healing your city bruises and rejuvenating in the lap of nature.
Distance from Bangalore: 67 kilometers.
3. AnthargangeA part of the Shatha Shrunga mountain range, Anthargange is the perfect place for enjoying night camping near Bangalore. Located far away from the city center and devoid of any light pollution, this place offers an excellent stargazing opportunity from the summit.
Distance from Bangalore: 67 kilometers.
4. SavandurgaNestled on the Ramanagara-Magadi Road, around 69.4 kilometers from Bangalore city, Savandurga is one of the best places for one-day camping near Bangalore. Perched at an elevation of around 1226 meters above sea level, Savandurga is known popularly as the largest monolith hill in the country.
Distance from Bangalore: 69 kilometers.
5. KemmangundiA beautiful hill station, easy to access from Bangalore for an overnight camping is Kemmanagundi. It is located in Tarikere taluk of Chikmagaluru district in Karnataka. The elevation of the hill station is 1434 meters above sea level. Earlier, it was the summer retreat of Krishnaraja of Wodeyar IV and still, it has another name as Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station. One can witness the Baba Budan Giri Range, cascades, mountain streams, lush greenery, ornamental gardens and valleys here.
Distance from Bangalore: 255.7 kilometers
6. Sharavathi BackwatersNestled amidst the verdant Sharavathi valley, the campsite at the photogenic Sharavathi Backwaters offers an experience of offbeat camping near Bangalore. Camping at this spectacular backwater bed lets the campers sleep with the stunning views of the star-filled night sky and wake up to the sweet songs of the colourful chirping birds and the surreal views of the Western Ghats.
Distance from Bangalore: 444.9 kilometers.
7. NachikuppamCradled between the Krishnagiri hills, this place is perfect for forest camping while overlooking a lake. There are mango farms and a temple on the hillock near the campsite as well.
Brimming with lush greens and packed with a number of fascinating animals including elephants, spotted deer, wild pigs, and giant squirrel, Bheemeshwari offers nature and wildlife lovers the most exquisite experience of camping in Bangalore.
Nestled on the serene banks of River Cauvery, this camping ground lets you sleep to the lullabies of the gurgling river waters.
9. ManchinbeleA few kilometers away from Bangalore, this destination is the perfect campsite with the gorgeous views of the Manchinbele lake and a number of activities organized here.
10. DoddamakaliLocated on the riverside of Cauvery, Doddamakali as a campsite is a delight for nature lovers with its exotic flora and plethora of the fauna.
Bigger Group? Get special offers upto 50% off!
We create unforgettable adventures, customised for your group.