Why Should You Visit Greece?
- Explore the jewel of the Mediterranean, Greece which will surely make you feel as though you're in a tropical paradise.
- Learn about ancient Greek history by exploring the various sites on the UNESCO World Heritage List, several of which are archaeological constructions.
- Travel across the longest coastline in Europe, as well as numerous mountains, woods, and picturesque villages that all add to Greece’s allure.
- While planning your 10 day Greece itinerary, do not miss the chance to experience the world-renown nightlife of Greece.
Tentative Itinerary of 10 Days in Greece
Day 2: Tour the magnificent Aegean to Mykonos
Day 3: Stroll in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks at Delos
Day 4: Unwind on Paros
Day 5: Take it easy in Antiparos
Day 6: Visit Santorini with the crowds
Day 7: Wander aimlessly through Knossos.
Day 8: Take in Crete's breathtaking splendor.
Day 9: Visit the beaches of Crete
Day 10: Take a stroll through Athens to cap off your 10 days itinerary of Greece
Weather & Best Time to Visit Greece
- The best time to plan your Greece Itinerary of 10 Days is from late May to early October when there is little to no rain and the weather is sunny and mild.
- The months of June through September are ideal for a beach vacation since the weather is just pleasant enough for swimming, sunning, and strolling along the stunning beaches.
- With mild, pleasant weather and sporadic rain, the months of April, May, October, and November are excellent for sightseeing.
- Late June to early September is ideal since there are many ferries operating between routes, the sea is at its hottest and is ideal for swimming, and the nightlife is at its best.
Cities to Visit in Greece in 10 Days
There are several ways to make the most of your trip to Mykonos. Explore the dreamlike landscape of whitewashed structures and winding lanes or head to any of the 25 stunning beaches and sunbathe till you hit that perfect tan. Choose from a range of activities such as jet skiing, water skiing, parasailing, banana boats, snorkelling, or scuba diving to feel the thrill. The beaches on Mykonos are also widely renowned for having bars, cafes, and restaurants right on the water where you may sample delectable Greek or Mediterranean fare. When the sun goes down, head to Matogiania for some shopping and bar-hopping.
A trip to Paros is incomplete without a visit to Naoussa, the second-largest town and the hub of nightlife in Paros. Naoussa is a remarkable Cycladic jewel that has beautifully maintained its original structure and unique character despite the tourism industry's significant rise. One of the best things to do in Paros is to visit some of the island's most incredible beaches, including Santa Maria, Kolymbithres, and Marcello. You will find rocky coves in addition to their fine beaches and crystal-clear water, which give the area a unique appearance.
Tourist places in Athens garner great appeal and traction by the travellers at large. An ideogram of Western Civilization at its awe-inspiring best, Athens swanks illustriously the rich and glorious history that sweeps back to more than three thousand years. At the time of classical antiquity, the city proliferated to attain the best. The place of birth of Sophocles, Pericles and Socrates, Athens is a destination which more than a relic delineates sublime past and history.
The tourist places in Athens that are worth visiting include Acropolis, Benaki Museum, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Byzantine & Christian Museum, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Benaki Museum Pireos Annexe, Museum of Islamic Art Parthenon, Kerameikos, Theatre of Dionysos, Temple of Poseidon, National Archaeological Museum Mt Parnitha National Park and Lykavittos Hill. Athens today is a scurrying and contemporary city portraying distinct vacation experiences. Compensating with all the wonderful charismatic charm, the Acropolis in Athens is considered to be the world’s most astounding and retrospective ruins. The exceptionally alluring archaeological museums’ exhibit captivating artifacts that are represented at local regions.
Various other hidden attractions that await discovery are the binding Byzantine churches quarried all-round the hamlets like the neighbourhood and the city of Athens. Tourists visiting Athens generally relish swaddling and scurrying through the Plaka district tapered pedestrian lanes, track lined with picturesque bougainvillea swathed houses and beguiling restaurant terraces. Athens, Europe’s retrospective capital with it undaunted history, dating since the beginning of the Neolithic age, fascinates the travelers until now.
A major historic occurrence of the place has culminated back to Athens’ prolonged and gripping history. In Athens, the tourist is sure to find a wide variety of choices and opportunities ranging from shopping, nightlife, good services, and archaeological artifacts to delectable dining, above all the amiability and hospitality delineated by the inhabitants attracts travelers from afar. Therefore, in a nutshell, Athens is a fascinating city that allures every visitor during all the seasons.
Santorini is an island in the Aegean Sea, which is a part of Greece. It lies 200 Km southeast of Athens and 140 Km north of Crete. Covering an area of 96 square km, Santorini is a part of the Cyclades group of islands, where all the islands have similar characteristics.
Everything in Santorini is photogenic, from the churches with their multiple bells to the picturesque whitewashed houses, from the flowers adorning the balconies to the churches with their blue domes. The island features a spectacular volcanic landscape, pristine black sand beaches, charming hidden coves, and stunning sunsets, presenting an otherworldly atmosphere.
As you ascend the 587 steps leading to the capital of Thira from Skala, the little old port, you can see the remnants of an ancient volcanic eruption that led to the collapse of the island centre into the sea. The beautiful town of Thira has several shops and restaurants where you can get some refreshments. To know more about the history of the place, head to the archaeological museum or visit the Catholic and Greek Orthodox cathedrals.
While the natural beauty and architecture of Santorini are unmatched, there are some great water sports activities available as well. Since the waters around the island are teeming with marine life, you can try out snorkelling and scuba diving activities around here. If diving underwater is not for you, there are jet boats and jet skis for hire. For adrenaline junkies who wish to catch a spectacular view of Santorini, there are kitesurfing and windsurfing activities available.
Santorini has a Mediterranean climate, with warm, sunny summers and mild, rainy winters. The heaviest rainfall can be seen during autumn and winter, particularly between October and March.
In addition, this island town is also known widely for its spectacular beaches including Plaka Beach, Aliko Beach, Agios Prokopios, Sahara Beach, Pyagaki Beach, Orkos Beach, Maragas Beach, Agia Anna Beach, Kastraki Beach, and Agiassos Beach. Some of the most loved activities that you can take part in Naxos are Boat tour to Koufonisia island, Boat tour to Amorgos island from Naxos, Tour to Delos and Mykonos from Naxos, hiking tours, and much more.
Attractions to Visit Greece in 10 Days
Acropolis Museum, Athens
- llustrating the nation's rich cultural past, the Acropolis Museum should be at the top of your 10 days itinerary of Greece.
- Visit the renowned Acropolis Museum to discover antique marble treasures as you embark on an incredible trip through Greek culture.
- Browse the museum's exhibits and be amazed by a variety of items dating from the 5th century BC to the 5th century AD.
- Marvel at ancient statues with their original colors and other archaeological digs as you walk on the stunning glass floor.
Price: Between 10€ -15€
Location: Chatzidaki 1, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- If you want to learn about Crete's history and see some of the island's most beautiful relics, the Heraklion Archaeological Museum should not be missed on your 10 days itinerary of Greece.
- Marvel at the stunning Heraklion Archaeological Museum, home to the most renowned collection of Minoan art.
- Take in the wonder of the 15,000 historical artifacts, both great and tiny, from all across Crete.
- Take a peek at the Neolithic, Minoan, and even Roman eras by wandering around the museum that depicts the astounding diversity of cultures that have interacted with Crete throughout history.
Price: 10€- 15€
Location: Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Timing: Wednesday to Monday- 8am to 5pm & Tuesday- 10am to 5pm
- One of the most popular attractions to add to your 10 days Greece itinerary is the Parthenon, which can be seen from every angle of the city.
- Visit the Parthenon in Athens to immerse yourself in Greek history and mythology.
- Relive the beauty of the Parthenon Temple in Athens, considered to be the largest remaining structure from Classical Greece, which is dedicated to Athena Parthenos, often known as "Athena the Virgin."
Price: 20€- 25€
Location: Athens 105 58, Greece
Archaeological Site of Sounion
- If you want to experience what it's like to be on a Greek island without having to leave Attica, we recommend adding Sounion to your Greece itinerary of 10 Days.
- Visit one of the most renowned temples from Athens' Golden Age, set 70 metres above the sea on the edge of a cliff.
- Spend your evenings taking in the expansive sunset overlooking the Aegean Sea, with the ancient temple serving as the perfect backdrop.
Price: 5€- 10€
Location: EO91, Lavreotiki 195 00, Greece
Timing: 9.30 am
Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Visit one of Athens' most incredible wonders, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, built to honour the thunder god and lord of Mount Olympus, making it an essential stop on any Greece itinerary of 10 Days.
- Explore the antique columns and be mesmerized by the striking contrast between the old and new Athens architecture.
- Navigate the gigantic 17-meter pillars and embark on a wild journey through time to learn more about the temple's turbulent 700-year building history and its fate over the ages.
Price: 10€- 15€
Location: Athens 105 57, Greece
Timing: November to March- 8 am to 3.30 pm & April to October- 8am to 7pm
- A must-see on any 10 Days Greece itinerary is the Knossos Palace, said to have been home to the mythical Minotaur, a half-man, half-bull creature that ate young virgins.
- Stroll around Knossos Palace and take in the grandeur of the Minoan palace, including the Central Court, the Throne Room, the Tripartite Shrine, the Grand Staircase, and the Queen's Hal.
- Explore the Little Palace, the Caravan Serai, and the Great Palace, which served as historical public bathhouses for visitors to the palace.
Price: 15€- 25€
Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Timing: 8am to 5pm
National Archaeological Museum
- If you want to delve into Greek history, put the National Archaeological Museum on your 10 Days Greece of itinerary right away.
- Explore the largest museum in Greece, the National Archaeological Museum, said to be the most significant museum dedicated to ancient Greek art in the world.
- Marvel at the museum's remarkable collection of sculptures, which includes works by Loutrophoros, Amphora, Hydria, and Skyphos.
- Explore the museum's several displays and be astounded by the wide range of relics that depict Greek and Egyptian culture.
Price: 10€ - 15€
Location: 28is Oktovriou 44, Athina 106 82, Greece
Timing: Wednesday to Monday- 8.30 am to 1.30 pm,
Corfu Beach View
- A must-include in any 10 days Greece itinerary, the Ionian Sea island of Corfu is renowned for its bustling old town, magnificent sandy beaches, and stunning scenery.
- Discover Corfu's long history, including influences from the Venetian, French, and English cultures.
- Explore Corfu’s charming pedestrian-only alleyways to find two castles from the 16th century and the arcaded Liston, flanked by vintage cafes.
- Marvel at the breathtaking scenery and Byzantine monasteries situated on cliffs, housing precious artifacts, and wall paintings.
- Learn about the magnificence of nature in relation to history, architecture, and man's enduring longing to commune with the Divine.
- The cliffs of Meteora were once believed to be the best spot to achieve total seclusion for spiritual advancement, making it imperative to include them in your Greece Itinerary of 10 Days.
Price: 3€- 7€
Location: Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
Timing: 9 am to 4 pm
- Without Zákynthos, a verdant island with a fertile valley hidden in the Lonian Sea, your Greece itinerary of 10 days would be lacking.
- Discover a blend of scenic beauty, magnificent beaches, and access to a stunning aquatic environment making it a must-see on your 10 days itinerary of Greece.
- Spend the day snorkeling in clean waters and taking in the scenery at breathtaking locales.
- Famous shipwrecks at Navagio Beach and the ethereal Blue Caves are popular places to travel by boat.