1. AGBS Fossil Dune Camping: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and spend some time marvelling at the stunning landscape of the Arabian desert. Untouched by humans and a true marvel of nature, this place is perfect for spending a few hours with yourself.
Looking at the rocks cut into bizarre shapes by sand and wind, you can let your imagination take over and watch in wonder as the shapes turn into humans and animals. There is no food or water facility here, so you have to carry them yourself.
Location: Al-Wathba South - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Price: AED 1400
A Guide to Visit Al Ain Zoo.
2. Tristar Camp: Maintained by a private company of the same name, Tristar offers one of the best accommodations when it comes to camping in Abu Dhabi. Located far away from the city and featuring quiet, clean facilities, the camping grounds have emerged as a favourite among tourists for its modern facilities and hospitable environment. Experience the joys of stunning Abu Dhabi outdoors without the hassle of setting up camp. Tristar offers you the best of both worlds.
Location: Tristar - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Price: AED 200
3. Al Wathba Desert: Located just 30 minutes from the city, the desert offers perfect camping grounds for people who are new to the activity and do not want to go in too deep too quickly. There is a distinct serenity in the environment here and you will find yourself utterly relaxed and calm.
Enjoy the beautiful sight of an orange sun setting over white sand dunes and soak in the feeling of serenity and tranquillity. On your way back to the city the next day, you can also visit the wetlands.
Location: Al-Wathba - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Price: AED 500
Click here to Book: Ferrari World Tickets Abu Dhabi
4. Al Jaber Camp Prefab: The apartment complexes at Al Jaber group provide some of the best camps in Abu Dhabi. Located far away from the city in the middle of the desert, the facilities at Al Jaber are truly marvellous.
And if you want to enjoy the beautiful blend of nature and culture, you just have to step outside. Take time away from your daily routine to get the authentic Arabian lifestyle. Interact with other guests and make friends from all over the world. Get the best Arabian Night camp experience at Al Jaber.
Location: Al Jaber, Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Price: AED 300
Also Checkout: Desert Safari in Abu Dhabi
5. Al Saadiyat Labor Camp: The labour camps at Al Saadiyat offer you clean and quiet accommodation for camping in Abu Dhabi. Here, you will get to experience the community feeling and hospitality of the Arab nation.
Blue skies and serene atmosphere await you at this stunning location. Panoramic views of the desert, unforgettable sunsets, and a camp that offers all the ultramodern facilities you could ask for – the labour camps offer the best of everything Abu Dhabi at throwaway prices.
Location: Al Saadiyat – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Price: AED 300
Suggested Read: Top Museums in Abu Dhabi
6. Empty Quarter: The Empty Quarter is one of the best camping places in Abu Dhabi. Located near the borders of Saudi Arabia, Empty Quarter is considered to be the largest sand desert in the whole world, with numerous secluded spots for those who wish to set up their tents here.
Sprawling across a hundred thousand square miles between UAE, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Oman, this region is also great for those who wish to indulge in quad biking or dune bashing while camping. And once the sun sets, you can enjoy stargazing whilst enjoying a delicious BBQ dinner with your friends and family.
Location: Rub’ Al Khali Desert
Price: 4,800 AED onwards
7. Liwa Oasis: The Liwa Oasis is one of the best places for desert camping in Abu Dhabi. Home to the stunning Moreeb Dunes, this oasis is in the shape of a crescent that expands over 100 kilometres to the north of the Abu Dhabi Island.
Known as an important farming and pasture production region in the emirate, Liwa Oasis camping offers tourists an insight into the authentic life of the people here. You can set up camp in one of the 50 villages here, or choose to go offbeat and camp up in the outskirts. From desert drag racing and village tours, to climbing the Moreeb Dunes, there is no dearth of activities in this camp.
Location: Madinat Zayed al camping Gharbia
Price: 4,500 AED onwards
Click here o Book: Jet Ski Abu in Dhabi
8. Nujum Camp: To experience authentic desert camping in Abu Dhabi, head over to the Nujum Camp, which is a part of the luxurious Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara. While the basic camping experience here lasts for two days, you can extend it to enjoy the desert for a longer period of time.
From enjoying sunrise camel rides and sandboarding during the sunset to enjoying a bonfire at night, indulging in lip-smacking Bedouin food and numerous other activities, a camping experience at Nujum Camp is nothing short of unique.
Location: Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, Qasr Al Sarab Road, Al Mirayr - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Price: 2,000 AED onwards
Recommended Read: Best Romantic Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi
9. Arabian Nights Desert Camp: The Arabian Nights Desert Camp is amongst the top camping places in Abu Dhabi. Located in the beautiful deserts of the region, the camp offers several camping and safari programs, such as the Desert Days Safari program.
From a wide range of desert activities like hammam baths, 4x4 car rides, quad bikes and dune bashing, to desert safaris, traditional entertainment programs as well as delicious Bedouin food, the camp has it all. You can also enjoy live oud music performances during dinner here.
Location: Arabian Nights Village Rd - Mushrif - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Price: 300 AED onwards
Also Explore & Book: Abu Dhabi City Tour with Ferrari World Combo
10. Al Dhafra Desert: Another one of the top camping places in Abu Dhabi is the Al Dhafra Desert, located right on the Al Dhafra Beach. It is here where you can set up camp near the sea, or enjoy soaking in the views of the surrounding natural vistas.
If you are lucky enough, you can also catch sights of a few turtles, along with other marine creatures near the beach. This camp is one of the best places to indulge in water sports and activities like snorkelling, kayaking or even diving, among others. This campsite is also a great place to enjoy fresh seafood BBQ, while enjoying local performances.
Location: Liwa, United Arab Emirates
Price: 600 AED onwards
You can also Like: Popular Islands in Abu Dhabi