Water Sports in Abu DhabiJet Ski, Banana boat ride, Kayaking, Dragon Boats, Flyboarding, Freediving, Speedboat, Surfing, Wakeboarding, Stand-Up Paddle Board and many more.
There are many water sports in Abu Dhabi you can experience if you love adventure and adrenaline rush. For people who constantly love pushing themselves to extreme challenges and enjoy a heavy rush of dopamine, the capital city of UAE is a holy grail that must be checked out. The city has been voted as one of the most epic places in the world where you can get that risk and adventure without burning a hole in your pocket. The flat glassy waters of the Persian Gulf are perfect for several water sports activities, and that is why people flock here from all over the world to get a taste of the sea breeze coupled with adventure.
From jet skiing and kayaking to wakeboarding and white water rafting in the middle of the desert, Abu Dhabi is fast emerging as one of the most popular destinations for adventure seekers. Explore the underwater world and swim with the marine creatures, learn to fly a kite from a surfboard, and feel like a superhero when flyboarding – dive into the crazy thrilling world of Abu Dhabi’s waters and let loose the crazy thrill seeker in you.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Abu Dhabi
What are the best places to do water sports in Abu Dhabi?
1. Al Forsan International Sports Resort: The sports resort offers a wide range of activities that are popular among tourists. Whether it’s wakeboarding or scuba diving, Al Forsan is ideal for novices as well as seasoned veterans.
2. Yas Island: Riding surfboards and speed boating is a staple at this majestic island that has been blessed by natural beauty. You can also try banana boat rides and scuba diving.
3. Saadiyat Island: One of the few places in Abu Dhabi where you can go surfing, Saadiyat is the only place where you can catch a wave and cut through the waters. You can also try freediving and explore the beautiful underwater world.
4. Kite Beach: The Kite Beach is famous for its gentle waves and windy atmosphere that attracts kite surfers. Rent a boat and head out to the waters to enjoy this unique sport.
5. Wild Wadi: The amusement park is famous for its man-made whitewater rafting channels that let you enjoy the sport in the middle of a desert. You can also try scuba, kayaking, and surfing here. You can also book Wild Wadi Waterpark Tickets
Also Read: 20 Amazing Places to Visit and Things to Do at Night in Abu Dhabi
Which are the best water sports in Abu Dhabi?
1. Jet Ski: For one hour, let yourself forget the worries of everyday life and explore the clear blue waters of the Persian Gulf. Adrenaline rush seekers and adventure enthusiasts consider jet skiing a holy grail, and you’ll be glad you experienced this thrilling journey after you feel the salty sea breeze in your hair.
A high-powered jet ski offers a unique perspective of the city skyline and the amazing experience is completely safe. Enjoy the panoramic views and have fun in the waves under the expert guidance of seasoned staff.
Location: Blue Whale Rental Services, Street 24, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 370
You Can Also Book: Dolphin Show Dubai Tickets
2. Banana boat ride: Enjoy exciting, speedy rides off the immaculate beaches of Abu Dhabi in the characteristic yellow boats. Suitable for family vacationers as well as solo backpackers, a banana boat ride is a thrilling way to explore the immaculate waters of the gulf and glance at the city’s iconic landmarks while enjoying the mesmerizing views.
As the boat pulls up and its pace increases, hold on tight as it might throw you off. Enjoy the sun and sand, have fun splashing in the aquamarine waters, and leave all your worries behind.
Location: The Yellow Boats, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 220
3. Kayaking: The coastline of Abu Dhabi is lined by lush green mangrove forests that are worth exploring in a kayak. For a very low price, you can enjoy the lush greenery of Yas Islands and kayak at the magnificent foothills of Jebel Hafeet.
You can also go to Wild Wadi, where 1.7 kilometres of kayaking channel networks are waiting for you. The Desert Islands Marine Sports Club also offers several kayaking expeditions on the 8-kilometre non-fishing coastline of Sir Bani Yas Island.
Location: Eastern Mangroves, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 160
You Can Also Book: Mangrove Kayaking Abu Dhabi
4. Dragon Boats: One of the most unique water Sports in Abu Dhabi, dragon boating originated 2000 years ago in China. The thrilling activity allows you to paddle with a team of 20 people on a boat styled like a dragon.
The thrilling sport is the epitome of strategy, technique, and adrenaline. Enjoy the positive team-building experience, have fun with the locals and make new friends. If you are lucky, you may even catch the Annual Dragon Boat Festival and get to participate in dragon boat races.
Location: Al Bandar Capital Dragons, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 270
Must Checkout: Thrilling Bollywood Park Rides
Resorts in Abu Dhabi
5. Flyboarding: Soar high above the turquoise waters of the gulf and enjoy the panoramic vistas of Abu Dhabi’s immaculate coastline in a guided flyboarding expedition. Propelled by powerful jet packs, feel like a superhero flying 19 feet high above the blue sea.
Enjoy a unique view of Abu Dhabi’s stellar skyline and lush green forests. Get personal attention and clear instructions from friendly staff as you grab the throttle and experience a one-of-its-kind ride. Unlike anything you have encountered before, flyboarding is a thrilling sport you’ll enjoy immensely.
Location: Hydro Water Sports, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 300
Also Checkout: Zuma Dubai
6. Freediving: Getaway from the hectic modern-day lifestyle and noises of cities and enjoy the calm and peace of the ocean. The open waters of the Persian Gulf offer an exciting adventure where you will feel as if you have stepped into a whole different world. Freediving is one of those rare water sports where you don’t need any equipment, and being in the open ocean all on your own feels like going to space.
Location: Ocean Dive Center, King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street - Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 350
Must Visit: Go Karting in Abu Dhabi
7. Speedboat: For 60 minutes, let go of all your fears and enjoy the thrill of cutting through Persian Gulf waters. Experience the speed boating activity where you will get to feel the salty sea air on your face as you explore the allure of sand and sea.
Witness the beauty of famous Abu Dhabi buildings from a unique perspective as you take off from the marina. The ultimate adventure is an adrenaline rush-inducing an experience that must be experienced at least once.
Location: Emirates Palace Marina - Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 100
8. Surfing: Ride the waves of the sea and cut through the turquoise waters of the gulf on a surfboard of your choice. Although UAE is not the destination for surfing since the waves are quite low, you can still get a great experience at Saadiyat Island where small and medium-sized waves are common.
If you are new to the sport, you can also visit Wild Wadi Park where you can learn to surf under the expert guidance of certified trainers. The adventure park also has a separate section where you can practise your skills.
Location: Saadiyat Island – Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 270
Must Visit: Parks in Abu Dhabi
9. Wakeboarding: Originally known as skurfing, wakeboarding involves riding the waters while holding onto a leash joined to a speedboat. The sport is a combination of snowboarding, surfing and waterskiing, and involves following in the ‘wake’ of a boat – hence the name.
It is as adventurous as it sounds, and one of the must-try activities when in Abu Dhabi. The speed, the cool sea breeze, the adrenaline rush – all of it makes wakeboarding a massive attraction among tourists. The flat waters and wide channels of the gulf are ideal for wakeboarding.
Location: Al Forsan International Sports Resort, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 280
Must Visit: Best Things to Do in & near Abu Dhabi Airport
10. Stand-Up Paddle Board: The glassy flat waters of Abu Dhabi are perfect for stand-up paddleboarding and that is why the recent years have seen a boom in the sport. Not only is it a great way of enjoying the panoramic views and the brilliant skyline of Abu Dhabi, but it also offers a great workout for your core.
There are many places where you can indulge in this fun activity. Some of them include Hydro Marine Club, Yas Beach, and Western Marine Club. Rentals and tours can be arranged for throwaway prices, so don’t miss the chance to enjoy the waters with this unique activity.
Location: Abu Dhabi – United Arb Emirates
Price: AED 40
Checkout More: Desert Resorts in & Near Abu Dhabi
11. Whitewater rafting: The thrills of whitewater rafting need to be experienced to be understood. Wild Wadi Park offers 3 different levels of whitewater rapids, and all kinds of rafters – from novices to experts – are welcome here.
The adventurous ride is as goosebumps-inducing as it is fun. Unlike rafting in the wild, you will be constantly monitored by the guides at the park, so you can rest assured that it will be a safe and secure experience. Safety equipment, briefing on the basics of the sport, and a guide are part of the package.
Location: Wild Wadi, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 100
Explore More: Romantic Places In Abu Dhabi
12. Kite surfing: One of the most unique water Sports in Abu Dhabi is kite surfing on the Kite Beach at Yas Island. Whenever there is good wind, kite surfers leave for the beach to enjoy the wind and waves. The Goosebumps inducing experience is one-of-its-kind.
Just attach your harness, and get ready to hit the waves. Board out into the waters with your kite and spend some alone time controlling and finessing the technique. Be prepared to put in some work though, it is not as easy as it looks.
Location: Kite Beach, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 200
13. Scuba: The underwater world of the Persian Gulf is wonderful and vibrant. All levels of divers are welcome in Abu Dhabi. Since the waters at the dive sites are shallow, it is quite easy to scuba dive here.
The pristine coral reefs and colourful marine life is a delight to look at, and you can also explore the shipwrecks at Zaineb and MV Ludwig if you are feeling particularly adventurous. The East Coast is a favourite among tourists, and other popular dive sites include Martini Rock, Pinnacles, and Inchcape.
Location: Ocean Dive Center, Abu Dhabi
Price: AED 200.
You Can Also Book Now: Legoland Dubai Tickets
Which are the best water sports in Abu dhabi for couples?1. Banana boat ride: The distinct yellow boats and the picturesque skyline that you can see from the Persian Gulf is an astounding experience for the couples. The view is magnificent and will definitely take your breath away.
Read More: Things to Do in Abu Dhabi This Weekend
2. Jet Ski: One of the most exciting water sports that will quench the thirst of the thrill lovers greatly. The high speed, the clear water, and the panoramic view all around make it all the more memorable for you and your partner.3. Surfing: Though not particularly common due to low tides, some places like Saadiyat Island offers the opportunity for the couples that love surfing. You can ride out the waves and enjoy the view around.4. Kayaking: You can explore the magnificent mangrove forests that fill the coasts of Abu Dhabi with your partner. This can be a chance for you to have an unforgettable adventure with your partner and create interesting memories.
Must Visit: Water Parks & Theme Parks in Abu Dhabi
Best Indian Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Which are the best places for water sports in Abu Dhabi for couples?1. Arabia Horizons: Attached to a boat and dependent on its speed, the picturesque view from the top in parasailing is simply mesmerizing. The boost of adrenaline and the moments spend with each other will be unreplaceable.2. Yas Island: Wide a wide range of water sport activities that are available on this island, you can spend intimate moments with your partner easily. Try some of these activities like speed boating together and get to know each other once again.3. Wake Evolution: With legs strapped on the board and pulled across the water by a motorboat, this water sport is extremely thrilling and exciting. For the adventure-loving couples, this is a sport that you just cannot miss.
Is water sports safe in Abu Dhabi?
Yes, water Sports in Abu Dhabi are extremely safe. Certified instructors, guided briefs before engaging in any activity and safety equipment ensure you are always secure.
Also Read: 50 Amazing Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi
Which are famous water parks in Abu Dhabi?
1. Yas Waterworld, Abu Dhabi: Shopping, dining paired with adrenaline rush-inducing slides and water rides await you at this famous water park on Yas Island. Book Now Yas Waterworld Tickets Abu Dhabi
2. Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi: Based on the cartoons and superheroes of Warner Bros, this amusement park is filled with adventurous rides and shows.
Click Here To Book: Warner Bros Abu Dhabi Tickets
3. Murjan Splash Park: The kids’ water park features fun slides, a lazy river and bumper boat rides.
4. Sparky’s Theme Park: The underrated theme park features some fun rides and slides perfect for kids.
5. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: Thrilling rides and slides fit for the entire family await you at this world-famous amusement park.
Also Checkout: New Year in Abu Dhabi
What is the age criteria to do water sports in Abu Dhabi?
Water Sports in Abu Dhabi are valid for children above the age of 15 years. However, anyone under the age of 18 years should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Also Checkout: Best Markets of Abu Dhabi
Can a non-swimmer indulge in water sports in Abu Dhabi?
Non-swimmers can indulge in water sports as well. The professional guidance by the experts ensures that even novices can enjoy the thrilling sports activities freely.
Recommended Read: 15 Best Malls of Abu Dhabi
What happens in case of any medical emergency during water sports in Abu Dhabi?