1. Riyadh: The capital city of Saudi, Riyadh is one of the largest cities in the country and home to many amazing architectural wonders and historical sites. The city has some wonderful shopping malls, one of which is situated on a skyscraper. While visiting the mall, tourists like going to the sky bridge which connects both the towers of the skyscraper.
You can also take a sightseeing tour to Al Masmak Fort, National Museum, Deera Square, and Ad-Diriyah. Tourists also witness the culture of this wonderful city in its cultural events and exhibitions. If you wish to treat your taste buds, you will find some delectable dishes with traditional flavors in local restaurants and eateries.
- Best Time to Visit: During the months of November to March
2. Jeddah: Jeddah is the most open and accepting city of Saudi with its unofficial motto “Jeddah ghair ” which translates to ‘Jeddah's different’. Once a port town with trade and art flowing in-out of the country, Jeddah today is a cosmopolitan hub with sky-high buildings, dazzling hotels, and many grand events.
The culture of past ages is still reflected in the streets of Al Balad, where the historical square has still kept its roots after waves of the renaissance. This stunning city is the perfect blend of old meets new, its cosmopolitan towering buildings, and the delectable seafood in the old square. Jeddah is mesmerizingly different and this is what makes it a perfect tourist destination.
- Best Time to Visit: Cool weather during the months of November through March is ideal for a visit
3. Dammam: Dammam is a city that should not be overlooked by travelers when in Saudi. Dammam is a beautiful city and offers scenic desert views and mesmerizing backdrops. In addition to its beautiful landscape, the city also offers a wide range of restaurants that will serve tourists delectable cuisine and flavors.
Shop from local markets for souvenirs or stroll in the lush green parks. You will also find some stunning seaside walkways where you can enjoy leisure time.
- Best time to visit: Between the months of October and March
4. Al Soudah: The juniper-covered Soudah, positioned at 3,000 metres on the side of Saudi's tallest peak, is the country's designated outdoor adventure capital. This area of cold mountain air, wild environment, and mist-cloaked valleys is part of the enormous Asir National Park, which has a network of hiking routes. While hiking and organised camping trips are popular pastimes, this is also a culturally rich area, particularly in the old village of Rijal Almaa west of Soudah. The annual Flowerman Festival here celebrates the culture of the native Aseri people, particularly the men's headdresses of flower wreaths.
5. Mecca: As the religious center of Islam, Mecca holds a special place in the hearts of Muslims all around the world. Situated on a hilly valley, the city is built on the west coast of Saudi. Mecca is the birthplace of Mohammad (SAW) - Prophet of Islam and is also credited as being the place where Allah revealed Quran to Mohammad.
Mecca is the holiest city in Islam and the most important structure is Kabba, situated in the heart of Haram Mosques. Mecca today has developed into a beautiful city with modern infrastructure, where thousands of travelers coming to pray can easily stay but still does not allow entry to non-Muslims.
- Best time to Visit: Bases on climate, November - March
6. Medina: Medina is another holy city in Islam, that is situated in the Western regions of Saudi. The city has the first mosque of Prophet Mohammad and is also known as his city. He took his last breath on the holy lands of Medina. The city is perfectly blended with traditional culture and welcoming change.
When in Saudi, Medina should be added to your tour as it has many amazing historical monuments and beautiful mosques. The city also has more affordable restaurants, where tourists can enjoy the delectable flavors of the Middle East. Shop for some local art and crafts in the Old Medina market.
- Best time to visit: Tolerable weather in between the months of October to May
7. Taif: The unofficial capital of summers, Taif is a great escape from the summer heat of Saudi as it is situated on higher altitudes. Taif offers a thrilling and adventurous experience to tourists who visit this fragrant hill City. The surrounding valleys and mountains are full of fragrant flowers, fruit markets, and deep lush green valleys.
The picturesque views and serene atmosphere of Tafi make it the perfect place for visiting during the summers. While the city is surrounded by rose farms in full bloom during April, the best time to visit the city is in August. This is the season when the place has cool breezes and a scenic backdrop in addition to its popular Souq Okaz cultural festival and the Crown Prince Camel Festival.
- Best time to Visit: The Month of January is the best time to visit Taif, followed by December, November. Even August - October can be considered.
8. Abha: Abha is a city in the sky of Saudi. A very vibrant and green landscape, Abha boasts moderate cool weather that can be enjoyed all year round. Located in the southern parts of Saudi, Abha and neighboring areas have more rain than many other regions in Saudi.
Therefore the city has a very scenic atmosphere and green trees. Abha still boasts the distinctive traditional architecture and has been spared of influences from the outside world. Enjoy the wildlife in Asir National Park, or paraglide over one of the villages built on cliffs. Abha has adventure, uniqueness, and natural beauty that charms tourists and locals alike.
- Best time to visit: Around the months of March through May
9. Hail: Hail is one of the oldest established towns in Saudi, dating back thousands of years ago. The city is famous for Jubbah rock carvings that depict animals and people in a time long before us. While Hail has been a center stage for the culture, history, and art; you will find that with time the place has only gotten better with new monuments and mosques.
Tourists can witness the Hail Rally, a regular event since 2006 that also happens to be the biggest rally in the country. Take sightseeing tours to Al Samra Mountain, Qishalah Palace, Airif Fort, and many other popular tourist attractions.
- Best time to visit: Best months to visit are from March To November
10. Tabuk: Tabuk is an important city in the northern regions of Saudi, and also one of the biggest cities in the North. The city is famous for its authenticity and elegant lifestyle, surrounded by the sea, desert, and mountains with a pleasing atmosphere all year round.
The city witnesses many amazing festivals and has a great architectural heritage including the very popular tourist destination Tawbah Mosque.
- Best time to visit: Between the months of November to June
11. Yanbu: Yanbu is a popular tourist destination in the western region of Saudi with many attractions, white sand beaches, and historical monuments for sightseeing. The city was once a port town but now plays an important role in the industrial area of the country. Yanbu has some great tourist spots that you must visit on your tour to Saudi.
It can be a day picnic in the Yanbu Historic area or sunbathing on the waterfront of Yanbu beaches. Take a tour to the popular Dolphin Free Driver and Yanbu Lake Park amongst other popular attractions.
- Best time to visit: December to March are the perfect months according to the weather