Datai Langkawi houses some of the Langkawi Island’s most swanky and exquisite resorts i.e. The Datai and The Andaman. If you are staying here during your trip to Langkawi, there is no other place to visit besides this.
Langkawi, popularly known as the Jewel of Kedah, is the ideal beach vacation destination in Malaysia. Langkawi is unquestionably a tropical paradise, consisting of 99 islands abundant with virgin forests, sandy beaches, and swinging coconut trees. Among the several beautiful beaches located in this archipelago, Datai Bay has perhaps the most scenic surroundings. Datai Bay is one of the most secluded and calm beaches in Langkawi, offering a serene atmosphere to unwind and take a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Although the bay area is not as large as some other Malaysian beaches, it is well-known for its soft, clean white sand and clear blue waters. There is also a majestic rainforest on the opposite side of the beach.
In addition to its natural beauty, Datai Bay is famous for being home to a number of high-end luxury resorts like The Andaman and The Datai. Most of these resorts offer a variety of recreational opportunities, such as bike rentals to explore the rainforest, spa services, golf clubs, and kayaking. So, if you are looking for an ideal luxurious beach holiday in tranquil settings and serene natural surroundings, pack your bags and head to Datai Bay!
Suggested Read: Things to Do in Langkawi
• Enjoy a luxurious beach holiday in one of the high-end restaurants situated at Datai Bay.
• Show off your golf skills at The Golf Club, which is nestled in the rainforests of the Datai Bay area.
• Relax in a hammock while admiring the beauty of the white sand beach and the clear aqua blue waves.
• Take a sip of a delicious cocktail and soak yourself in the calm surroundings of the beautiful crescent moon-shaped bay.
• Bicycle in the lush greenery of the Datai Bay rainforest and explore the flora and fauna of Malaysia.
• Swim or engage in a variety of water sports such as snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing, and sea kayaking in the turquoise Andaman sea.
• Embark on a guided tour to the Datai Bay tropical rainforest and photograph wildlife, watch birds, explore the mangroves, and learn about medicinal Malaysian plants.
• Take a walk around the Datai Bay beach with expert marine scientists to learn about marine life.
• Capture mesmerising sunset views from your beach lounger as the sun rays reflect on the beach water.
• Visit the Ibrahim Hussein Foundation Museum and the Langkawi Crocodile Farm located nearby.
Datai Bay is located on the northwestern end of Langkawi beach. You can reach here via a rental car or taxi. If you’re self-driving, drive along the road Jalan (#161). If you are travelling from the Pantai Cenang beach, it will take you approximately 45 minutes to reach Datai Bay via car. Since the bay area is small, you will easily find directions to your booked resort.
Also Explore: Langkawi Water Sports
The best time to head for a relaxing holiday at Datai Bay Beach is between November and March. The weather is excellent at this time of year, making it ideal for lounging on the beach. Since Langkawi is at its best from November to March, the number of tourists is also high in these months. You should avoid visiting Datai Bay Beach in September and October because these are the wettest months, characterised by heavy rainfall.
Suggested For You: Places to Visit in Malaysia
Places to Visit near Datai Bay
1. Langkawi Sky Bridge: Langkawi Sky Bridge, which hangs at a height of 2,170 feet between the two mountains, is one of the world's longest cable-stayed bridges. It is 410 feet long and offers visitors breathtaking views of the natural surroundings and the lush tropical forest beneath. To reach this bridge situated on the second tallest peak of Langkawi, you need to get on a fun cable car ride. Since the holding capacity of this bridge is limited to 200 people at a time, make sure you arrive here during the early hours and click pictures of the spectacular scenery.
2. Pantai Cenang Beach: Pantai Cenang is unquestionably Langkawi's most popular, lively, and entertaining beach, with enough to do, see, and eat along its length. The beach is dotted with restaurants, duty-free shopping malls, pubs, resorts, massage parlours, and even houses Malaysia's largest aquarium, Langkawi Underwater World. Besides offering numerous sightseeing options, Pantai Cenang Beach also hosts a large variety of water sports activities, including parasailing, banana ride, donut ride, and many more.
3. Burau Bay: Burau Bay Beach is another fantastic beach on Langkawi's western coastline. It is distinguished by its gorgeous blue waters and soft white sand. Bureau Bay, like Datai Bay, is home to some of the most opulent resorts, such as Berjaya Resort. This beach is among Langkawi's secluded beaches and is great for sunbathing and casual lounging. You can also engage in several water activities here, such as kayaking, jet-skiing, banana boating, and so on.
- Most resorts on Datai Bay Beach have private beaches where you can enjoy your vacation away from the hectic tourist crowds.
- Taxis often cost more than rental cars, especially if you are travelling from Pantai Cenang or Kuah.
- If you want to enjoy the nightlife in the Datai area, head to the beach bars in the resorts.
- Although there are few tourist attractions in the Datai Bay area, popular sites like Crocodile Adventureland, Temurun Waterfalls, and Ibrahim Hussein Foundation Museum are located in proximity.
- Datai area is essentially a private beach that is majorly shared by two five-star resorts, The Datai and The Andaman. Both resorts offer a wide range of services, including spa, - water sports, golf, and sailing.
- While you can explore the tropical rainforest on your own, do not encroach upon the private areas of the resorts.
- There are no shopping areas in Datai Bay.
- Although most dining spaces are located within resorts, there is one open-air roadside restaurant in Datai Bay named the Gulai House.
Must Know: Activities to do in Malaysia
Nestled between the tropical rainforest and the Andaman sea, The Els Club Teluk Datai is an Award-winning golf course with the most spectacular settings. This golf club offers you to practise your favourite sport in lovely natural surroundings, surrounded by picturesque mountains, rich flora, and blue water streams. Moreover, the Els Club Teluk Datai offers a wide range of club amenities, from GPS-equipped buggies to locker rooms. If you are lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of a native animal strolling around the golf course.
Suggested Read: Places to Visit in Langkawi
Here are some of Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that you can book via Thrillophilia: