Himachal Pradesh Family Tour PackagesExplore the enchanting landscapes and serene beauty of Himachal Pradesh with Thrillophilia’s bespoke Himachal family tour packages. Nestled against the mighty Himalayan mountains, Himachal Pradesh is the most favourite tourist destination for families. It offers a perfect blend of scenic beauty, adventure, and cultural experiences for every member of your family. Whether you are looking for a relaxed getaway amidst the mountains or an adventurous vacation, Himachal has options to satisfy all your preferences.
Our Himachal tour packages for families provide custom designed itineraries, comfortable accommodation, transportation, and expert guides to ensure a hassle-free and memorable vacation. You can immerse yourself in the natural beauty, savour delicious Himachali cuisine, learn about local culture and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones. In addition, the thrilling sports and ease of booking with simple interface on your preferred date and slot is what intrigues the globetrotters from all over the world.
Himachal tour packages for families include a trip to all the prominent destinations of the state where you can marvel at charming landscapes and enjoy the chilly weather. You can witness snow-capped mountains and lush meadows at Shimla and Manali, discover the tranquillity of Dalhousie and Kasol, and explore the Tibetan influence at Dharamshala. For families seeking adventure, Himachal family tour packages include thrilling activities like paragliding in Bir, river rafting in Kullu, or trekking in Spiti Valley.
Places to Visit on a Himachal Family Tour1. Shimla: Nicknamed as ‘The Queen of Hills’, Shimla is a quaint hill station that tops the itinerary in Himachal family tour packages. The city brims with never-ending scenic beauty, snow-clad mountains, dense forests of pine and oak, lush meadows, and pristine streams. The town was once the summer capital of the British and you can see a plethora of colonial buildings and historic landmarks even now. Scandal Point, Chadwick Falls, Mall Road, Jakhoo Temple and Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary are some of the popular attractions here.
2. Manali: Thanks to its captivating landscape and dreamy weather, Manali is the most frequented hill station in Himachal tour packages for families. This alluring destination is blessed abundantly by mother nature with snowy mountains, forests, valleys, orchards and rivers. You can explore the native avifauna at Manali Bird Sanctuary, visit Hadimba Devi Temple, and trek to Jogini Waterfall. Families looking for thrilling activities in Manali can go river rafting at Kullu and indulge in snow sports like skiing and snowboarding at Solang Valley.
3. Dharamshala: Dharamshala is a spiritual retreat that is located amidst the tranquillity of the upper Himalayas. Popularly known as the ‘Little Lhasa of India’, this quaint hill town is a beautiful blend of Indian and Tibetan cultures. Family tour packages for Himachal include a visit to the popular attractions of Dharamshala like Kangra Fort, Jwala Devi Temple, Bhagsunath Temple, and Dal lake. You can also visit the Tibetan Market, Tsuglagkhang Complex and Namgyal Monastery to witness the Tibetan influence in the town.
4. Dalhousie: Dalhousie, famous for its picturesque vistas and colonial charm, is one of the most visited destinations in Himachal Pradesh tour packages for families. The majestic mountains of the Dhauladhar Range, cascading waterfalls and Scottish and Victorian-era architecture add to the beauty of the hill town. The crisp air and soothing climate lure travellers into visiting Dalhousie as a summer retreat. Family tour packages for Himachal include a visit to Dainkund Peak, Khajjiar Lake and Satdhara Waterfalls at Dalhousie in their itinerary.
5. Kasol: Kasol is a quaint hamlet on the banks of river Parvati that is well-known for its raw natural beauty and tranquil surroundings. Most Himachal family tour packages offer a day trip to Kasol as the hill town promises a fun-filled holiday with your kith and kin. It is also a popular hub for trekkers, and has several trekking trails like the Kheerganga Trek, Sar Pass Trek, and Pin Parvati Pass Trek. You can also visit Tirthan Valley, Nature Park, Shiv Mandir Manikaran and Tosh Village at Kasol.
6. Spiti Valley: Teeming with abundance of natural beauty, surreal landscape, lofty mountains blanketed in snow and clear lakes, Spiti Valley is a must-visit place in Himachal Pradesh. It is a religious and cultural hub for Buddhists and houses several ancient monasteries like Key Monastery and Dhankar Monastery. Adventure lovers can opt for trekking, camping and whitewater rafting at Spiti in their Himachal family tour packages. You can also visit other prominent attractions like Pin Valley National Park, Dhankar Lake and Chandratal Lake.
7. Kasauli: Kasauli is a serene hill town located amidst the Shivalik Range that brims with scenic beauty and colonial charm. The pleasant climate, dense forests, snow-capped mountains, cobblestone paths and Victorian-style buildings add to the beauty of the town. You can visit the Sunrise and Sunset Points, Kasauli Brewery, Gurkha Fort, Monkey Point, and Christ Church. Himachal Pradesh tour packages for families also offer activities like the Toy Train ride and hiking including the Timber Trail and Gilbert Trail at Kasauli.
8. Rohtang: Located in the Pir Panjal Range at an altitude of 3900 metres, Rohtang La is a high mountain pass that is often included in family tour packages for Himachal Pradesh. Being the gateway for Lahaul and Spiti Valleys, the pass offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas and its snow-capped peaks. You can visit nearby attractions like Nehru Kund, Vashisht Hot Water Springs, Marhi, Chandra River or Rohtang which is covered with a snow blanket especially in winters thus offering snow sports like skiing, tyre drop and snowboarding.
9. Mcleodganj: Mcleodganj, the melting pot of natural beauty, culture and vibrancy is one of the most visited destinations in Himachal Pradesh. Nestled between the mystic mountains of Dhauladhar Range, this pretty town boasts of an alluring landscape and a divine aura. Family tour packages for Himachal include a visit to Dal Lake, Sunset Point and Bhagsu Falls in Mcleodganj. The main highlight of the town is its Tibetan culture, ancient monasteries, and trekking trails such as Triund Trek, Kareri Lake Trek and Thartharana Trek.
10. Bir Billing: Snuggled at the foothills of the Dhauladhar range, Bir Billing is a scenic destination that retains its old-world charm. Apart from enjoying the natural beauty of the place, families can walk through the Tibetan colony and visit ancient monasteries like Chokling Monastery and Sherabling Monastery or take a trip to Bir Tea Factory. The town is also known as the ‘Paragliding Capital of India’ and is the idyllic spot to try paragliding and other adventure sports on your family trip to Himachal.
Things to Do on a Himachal Family Tour1. Rafting in Kullu Valley: River Rafting on the Beas River at Kullu Valley is an adventurous water sport to experience with your family. Partake in the six classes of rapid rafting with different levels of difficulty such as Grade 1 with less water turbulence while Grade 2 water streams are challenging with stiffer rapids. Grades 3 and 4 waves are erratic, long, fast and hard to raft. Himachal tour packages for family include safety equipment and trained instructors who will accompany you during the adventurous ride.
2. Paragliding at Bir: While at Bir, you must go paragliding for it is an exciting adventure that lets you witness panoramic views of the Dhauladhar mountains. You can indulge in the panoramic views of the clear blue skies and mild breeze which aids the best paragliding conditions. Soar high up in the sky at an altitude of 8200 feet above the sea level and take an aerial shot of the verdant valleys and greens of the area. In addition, the family tour packages for Himachal Pradesh provide safety equipment and a professional guide to accompany you during your flight which makes it the safest bet.
3. Skiing at Solang Valley: Visit Solang Valley in Manali, renowned for its snow covered mountains and valleys which offers numerous snow sports especially skiing. The valley is a skier’s paradise and promises a fun-filled skiing experience for both beginners and experienced adventure enthusiasts. With your Himachal Pradesh tour packages for families, you can ski at Solang Valley and enjoy spectacular views of the scenery and revel in the cold air of the mountains.
4. Visit Spiritual temples of Himachal: Himachal Pradesh tour packages for families include a pilgrimage trip to all famous temples of the state. If you wish to experience a spiritual awakening, the state is an idyllic destination. Admire the magnificent temples with surreal backdrops to immerse in the divine aura, and learn sacred rituals which bless you with a holy experience. Hadimba Temple in Manali, Jakhoo Temple in Shimla, Baijnath Temple in Bir and Chamunda Devi Temple in Dharamshala are some of the popular temples in Himachal.
5.Explore the Indian Wildlife: Discover the biodiversity and native wildlife of Himachal Pradesh by visiting the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries of the state. While strolling through this land of mountains with your Himachal tour packages for family, you can enthral your kids with close encounters or click amazing shots as well for unparalleled memories. Visit the Great Himalayan National Park, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Bandli Sanctuary and Daranghati Wildlife Sanctuary to spot ibex, brown bear, snow leopards, wild yak, musk deer, Himalayan Black Bear and Himalayan Thar.
6. Witness Buddhist Culture at Monasteries: If you are looking for peaceful experiences in your family tour packages for Himachal Pradesh, visit the monasteries in the state. Take part in meditative chants, indulge in spiritual discussions with the monks and go on spiritual retreats. You can find yourself getting lost in the serene world of Buddhism as you witness ancient Buddhist relics, artworks and architecture. Tsuglagkhang Complex, Namgyal Monastery, Dhankar Monastery, Key Monastery, Sherabling Monastery and Tabo Monastery are a few of the famous attractions of the place.
7. Ice Skating: Ice skating is a famous activity that is included in all family tour packages for Himachal Pradesh during winter. The frozen lakes and open-air ice rinks of Shimla provide the perfect setting for family ice skating adventures where you can glide hand in hand with your loved ones and create cherished memories. Manali, Narkanda and Rohtang Pass also have ice skating rinks where you can partake in the adventures.
8. Jeep Safari: Go on Jeep safaris in Himachal Pradesh to explore the remote villages, natural landscapes and hidden attractions adventurously. Himachal Pradesh tour packages for families offer jeep safaris at Spiti Valley, Lahaul, Ladakh, Garhwal, Kumaon and Kinnaur. As you ride through rugged terrain, narrow mountain passes and winding valleys, you can witness the beauty of the scenery. Some popular jeep safaris are Kalka- Spiti- Nalagarh safari, Trans Himalayan Jeep Safari and wild jeep safari that lets you discover the native wildlife of the region.
9. Toy Train Ride: Family trips to Himachal are incomplete without the iconic toy train ride. You can partake in the Kalka-Shimla Toy Train, a UNESCO World Heritage site that takes you through picturesque valleys, lush forests, and quaint hill stations. Embark on the toy train ride and witness breathtaking landscapes of Himachal Pradesh as you cross over 100 tunnels and 800 bridges. You can relive your childhood days and experience the old-world charm as the train chugs along the narrow-gauge tracks, offering panoramic views of the Himalayan foothills.
10. Shopping from Mall Road in Shimla: Himachal tour packages for families include a dedicated time for shopping while you spend a day at Shimla. Indulge in the shopping delight with your loved ones at Mall Road of the city which has a myriad of shops and boutiques that sell trendy apparels, accessories, and jewellery. You can also shop for souvenirs and local handicrafts like carpets, woodwork and paintings. After a hectic day of shopping, you can dine at one of the cafes and eateries where you can relish authentic Himachali cuisine and street food.
How to Reach HimachalBy Air: Himachal Pradesh has three domestic airports - Bhuntar Airport at Manali, Gaggal Airport at Kangra and Jubbarhatti Airport at Shimla which connect the state with other parts of the country. The nearest international airports are at Chandigarh and Delhi.
By Bus: Himachal Pradesh is well connected by road to the neighbouring cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Pathankot.
By Train: Kalka Shimla Rail Line, Una Himachal Railway Line and Pathankot – Joginder Nagar Railway Line are the major train services in Himachal Pradesh.
Best Time to Visit HimachalThe best time to go on a family trip to Himachal is during summer from April to June when the weather is pleasant and favourable. The temperature ranges between 15oC and 30oC which is ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities like trekking, river rafting and paragliding. Snow sports enthusiasts who wish to indulge in skiing and snowboarding should visit Himachal during winter.
Bigger Group? Get special offers upto 50% off!
We create unforgettable adventures, customised for your group.