Desert Safari in Jaipur
Browse through a wide range of Jaipur Desert Safari packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book the best desert safari tours in Jaipur with exciting deals & offers to pamper you on your Jaipur trip.
If you are planning to visit the magnificent state of Rajasthan in your holidays, you will be delighted to know that you can enjoy an enthralling desert safari in Jaipur. Famous for its unique and colorful villages, communities, and hospitable people, this safari will surely hypnotize you with its timeless charm. Mostly conducted on the outskirts of the pink city, you will not regret a moment when you avail the rides offered here to soak in the beauty of the golden sand dunes and the breathtaking sunset panoramas.
Jaipur desert safari offers you to explore the boundless desert on camelback. You also have the option of witnessing the sprawling desert while staying in the safety of a jeep. Other than these, exploring the desert with experienced guides, gorging on the traditional Rajasthani cuisine right in the desert, or camping under the stars at night with a bonfire are also some great options you can choose from. Check out the ancient temples and witness the dance performances by local artists. There is no better way to explore the culture and tradition of Rajasthan than through a desert safari and its vibrant villages.
People Also Ask About Desert Safari in Jaipur
What are the best places to do Desert Safari near Jaipur?
Here are the best places to enjoy desert safari in Jaipur:
1. Pachkodiya Village: Witness the vibrant life of the villagers and visit the Sambhar Lake – the greatest saltwater lake in India. Soak in the milky white, lustrous view of the lake water and enjoy the green verdure around it.
2. Fatehgarh: Enjoy the calming folk music by the local villagers and dig into the delicious Rajasthani dishes. Indulge in a ride on the camel around the village and take stunning photos of the mesmerizing beauty all around you. You can also participate in fun activities like turban tying and getting a henna tattoo while enjoying live music.
3. Dera Amer: Located just outside Jaipur, the lovely green space is ideal for engaging with magnificent elephants and enjoying the serene natural beauty all around.
Which vehicles are used for Desert Safari?
1. Cross-Country Volvos: these vehicles have a powerful engine that can withstand the desert sand wonderfully.
2. Wrangler Jeeps: This extremely capable vehicle can handle the worst of Jaipur deserts. This car can take sharp twists and turns with extreme ease and offers excellent manoeuvrability to the driver.
3. Toyota Land Cruiser: Most desert safaris tend to prefer Toyota because of its ability to handle sandy terrain like no other.
What are the essential things to carry while going for desert safari in Jaipur?
Here are some things you should always carry before beginning your epic safari adventure:
- A hat or a wrap to protect your head from the scorching heat.
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV radiation.
- If you are visiting during the monsoon months, make sure you have a waterproof bag for your camera and valuable items.
- Insect repellent cream.
- Torch or flashlights.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Some cash for emergency expenses.
- Water bottles.
- Jackets for cool mornings and nights.
- Lip balm and moisturizer, because your skin can get quite dry in the heat.
How to reach Jaipur?
By Air: Jaipur Airport is just 7 km from the main city, and it is connected to all the major cities in the country. Domestic flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai etc. are conducted daily. Once you get off the plane, you can take a taxi to the main city. You can also take the public bus services for this leg of the journey.
By Road: The Pink City is connected to the rest of the country via National Highway 8, 11 and 12. It also has a good bus service with Rajasthan State Transport buses leaving to and from Delhi every half an hour. In Delhi, you can take a bus to Jaipur from Bikaner House on Pandara Road, next to India Gate. You can also take a private bus from Dhaula Kuan in Delhi. The city is also connected to Mumbai via Ajmer, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Agra via bus.
By Train: Jaipur has three main train junctions – the main station, Gandhinagar and Durgapara. You can take a train from any major Indian city to the main Jaipur railway station, after which a taxi or rickshaw is your best option to reach the main city.
What is the best time to visit Jaipur?
Desert Safari in Jaipur is best conducted during winters, that is from October to March. This is because the weather is most pleasant at this time and you can easily go for sightseeing.
During summers, that is, from April to June, the temperature rises to 44-45 degrees and there is a good chance you might get heat stroke if you stay out during this time.
Monsoons in Jaipur last from July to September and the city receives medium to low rainfall. You can visit Jaipur during this time, but it’s not as pleasant as it is in winters.
What precautions should be taken care of before going to desert safari?
Make sure you take these tips before going on a desert safari:
Choose a safari that is trustworthy and reliable – it is worth investing a couple of hours researching for the best travel agencies that will ensure your safari experience is top-notch.
Avoid touts – when in Jaipur, there will be many touts that will try to sell you a safari adventure for cheap prices. It’s not worth it to compromise your safety for a couple of bucks. It is best to visit a tour company office and check things out for yourself.
Adjust your expectations - Don’t expect sand dunes as far as the eye can see. There are many villages and grasslands you will pass through. Don’t be disappointed because of unrealistic expectations.
Let your cooks know your food preferences – if you have any food allergies, or prefer vegetarian food, let them know beforehand.
Packs well – this is a no-brainer. Make sure you have an emergency medical kit and all the essential items mentioned above.
Can small kids do desert safari as well?
Yes, kids can participate in the Jaipur desert safari. In fact, there are many activities that may be enjoyable for small children. Puppet shows that tell amazing stories are held in many villages near Jaipur, and some safari tours also cover animal sanctuaries where kids can connect with wild animals.
Is it worth visiting Jaipur for desert safari?
Jaipur Desert Safari is an unmissable activity that will allow you to witness the beauty of the golden sand dunes of Rajasthan in all their glorious splendor. Exploring the majestic Pink City will leave you mesmerized with its sheer natural beauty.
Soaking in the magnificence of Jal Mahal at Lake Fort, exploring Madhogarh Village on a camel’s back, and strolling through the mango groves will leave you spellbound. You will also get to meet the villagers and learn about their colorful life. So yes, it is totally worth exploring this vibrant city on a desert safari!
Is it safe to do desert safari in Jaipur?
Yes, it is completely safe to enjoy a desert safari in the Pink City. Your safari will be conducted by a team of highly experienced staff members who have been working in this field for years. With management that takes care of your comfort and safety with utmost priority, you can rest assured that the entire experience will be smooth and secure.