Chennai PackagesChennai tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Chennai holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Chennai vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Chennai- the capital of Tamil Nadu and the keeper of the state’s many cultures and traditions, is a surprising city. Chaotic, bustling, humid and breathless- it does not automatically strike a potential traveller as a worthy touristic destination. But hidden beneath the bustling chaos is a city full of ancient glamour, bursting with a history that dates back several centuries, and rich in stories full of myth and legend. Despite the cosmopolitan air that the city now bears,
Chennai remains a place where grand and innocent traditions still find an affectionate welcome in the hearts of its residents. And it is this simplicity and graciousness that makes itself felt immediately to tourists and leaves a charming impression of a vibrant city behind. Best Chennai Tour Packages include a visit to the Marina Beach, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Guindy National Park, etc.
There are many things to do in Chennai, doing which you can explore the city at it's best. The city is rich in temples, and its art and architecture inspire people from all over the globe. There are many magnificent temples to be visited including the ancient Parathasarathy Temple, the ichhaapurthi Kapaleeswarar Temple, the popular Sri Vadapalani Andavar Temple, the powerful Ashtalakshmi Temple among others.
A pilgrimage tour of Chennai can easily take 2 to 3 days to complete and the peace and serenity that you will take back with you are the rewards given by this spiritual circuit. There are several famous pilgrimage cities near Chennai as well and day-trips to these cities can be easily arranged.
If you are in Chennai for several days and wish to take a nature-rich break, you can head over to the many magnificent places that surround Chennai. Most of Tamil Nadu’s famous hill stations are located within 200 kilometres of Chennai and so make for an easy weekend getaway from the bustling city. But if you are looking to explore Chennai in all its varied aspects, the best way to do so is to engage in walking tours of the city.
The ancient traditions of the city are still preserved in its buildings, and the street food to be had in the famous markets is a joy to the senses which are a part of the best Chennai tour packages The essence of the vibrant Tamil Nadu is encased within Chennai and this makes it a great city to explore when in the South Indian state.
Popular Chennai Tour Packages
|Family Tour Package from Chennai 2021 | 15% off||5D/4N||₹ 20500||5.0 star|
|Group Tour Package from Chennai 2021 | Flat 15% off||5D/4N||₹ 20200||5.0 star|
|Chennai to Yelagiri Tour Package 2021 | Flat 20% off||3D/2N||₹ 8500||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Chennai Tours
What are the best places to visit on a Chennai tour?
1. Covelong Beach: Famous for its sparkling silver sand, this beach is home to numerous palm trees and a plethora of entertainment options. Also Known as Kovalam Beach, this place offers numerous activities like diving and snorkelling, making it a must-visit in your Chennai tour.
Location: Covelong, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Arignar Anna Zoological Park: A place all natural and home to around 500 rare species of animals, this zoological park is a must include location in your Chennai tour packages. The area also houses a wide variety of flora and fauna and the beauty can be enjoyed by opting for a safari.
Location: Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Vandalur, Tamil Nadu.
3. Marina Beach: One of the largest beaches of India, the Marina Beach is enclosed by beautiful palm trees and provides its visitors with a sight to behold. Here, you will find many small vendors selling local snacks like murukku which can be enjoyed with the beautiful sceneries of the pristine shore.
Location: Marina Beach, Chennai.
4. Birla Planetarium: Taking you close to the moon, the stars and the huge solar system, Birla Planetarium is home to numerous devices and technologies through which you can marvel into the beautiful outer space. In addition to this, many cosmic tours and virtual tours are also organized here, making it a favourite spot of the kids.
Location: Gandhi Mandapam Road, Duraisamy Nagar, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
5. Breezy Beach: Staying true to its name, the beach lets you taste the breeze coming from the gushing waves around the shore. Loaded with palm and coconut trees, the beach offers a peaceful aura and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Location: Valmiki Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
5. Kapaleeshwar Temple: Exhibiting the beauty of ancient architecture and providing you with a chance to marvel at the beautiful and vibrant statues, this temple is of great religious importance. One can easily visit here and get beautiful pictures clicked in front of some fascinating backdrops.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
What are the best things to do in Chennai?
1. Visit the Ubbalamadugu Falls: The beautiful scenery of the water streams hitting the rocks and creating a beautiful blue lagoon will undoubtedly mesmerise the water babies. Here at Ubbalamadugu Falls, you will get to marvel at a gracious waterfall located within the forest while enjoying the best of your Chennai tour.
2. Enjoy fun rides at MGM Dizzee World: Loaded with a plethora of fun rides and hosting numerous entertainment shows, this place is the best spot to enjoy with your friends and family. In addition to all the fun, here you will also find food stalls and shopping areas from where you can shop for souvenirs.
Price: INR 700 per person.
3. Indulge in some water sports in Muttukadu: Surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful mountains, the town of Muttukadu is famous for its pristine backwaters. From kayaking to boating and from canoeing to surfing, here you can indulge in numerous adventurous activities.
Here, many seasonal activities are organised like wind surfing in which people from all over the world come together and enjoy some thrilling days.
Price: INR 500 to INR 1000 per person.
4. Experience the holy aura of Puri Jagannath Temple: Chennai is home to numerous temples which exhibit their beauty through the scenic architectural marvels.
The Puri Jagannath Temple is one such beauty which is visited by devotees from all over the world. Famous for its Rath Yatra, this temple is known for its yearly ritual of taking the idol out of the temple and organising its holy parade.
5. Treat your taste buds with local food: When it comes to regional food, Chennai will provide you with so many delicious options that you will spend the whole vacation binging on these delicacies.
Be it the idli sambar or the chilli parotta, every local joint here is an expert in making these tasteful dishes. Including this experience in your Chennai tour packages is undoubtedly the best decision.
Location: Local markets.
What are the famous adventure activities to do on the Chennai tour?
1. Scuba diving in Covelong Beach: Experience the silence of the deep sea and get a chance to marvel at the colourful marines while dippin in the shores of Covelong Beach. This is the famous spot for diving and many people visit here to enjoy the required thrill in their Chennai tour packages.
2. Safari in Arignar Anna Zoological Park: Any of the Chennai packages will always include a safari in this beautiful zoological park as it is home to around 500 species of rare birds and animals and many of them are endangered. From elephant safaris to tiger safari, here you can enjoy a fun-filled day out with your loved ones.
3. Parasailing: The beautiful Cavelong beach is home to a plethora of adventurous activities which offers you a serious rush of adrenaline. Sail high in the sky while being tied to a parachute which is attached to a speed boat and enjoy the beautiful panoramas of the sea.
4. Camping: From camping along a waterfall or around a gushing river, Chennai is home to so many beautiful locations which provide you with the best spot to enjoy a session of camping. The Tada falls, the Pulicat lake, Peermade Falls and Nagalapuram are some of the famous destinations where people go for camping.
Which are the best places to stay in Chennai?
1. Anora Beach Resort: This magnificent property is home to all the luxurious amenities one can search for like the swimming pool and an in house restaurant. The resort is close to many famous tourist attractions, thus making it the perfect destination to choose in your Chennai packages.
Location: 150, Egmore High Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Price: INR 4400 per person for a night.
2. Green Meadows Resort: Just a 5 minute walk away from the Elliot’s Beach, the Green Meadows Resort offers a sprawling swimming pool and a chic bar. In addition to the amenities, here you will also find a comfy bedroom from where you can easily marvel at the surrounding beautiful sceneries.
Location: 4, 364 A, Anna Salai Rd, Palavakkam Kuppam, Palavakkam, Chennai.
Price: INR 2000 to INR 2500.
3. Hudson Resort: The elegantly furnished rooms and the beautiful surroundings of this resort aim to provide the guests with a comfortable and serene environment. From a multi cuisine restaurant to outdoor games like cricket and volleyball, all luxurious facilities can be enjoyed here.
Location: Hudson hotels, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
Price: INR 3000 to INR 3500.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Chennai tour?
1. Marina Beach: Watching the beautiful sun setting across the horizon while sitting hand in hand with your beloved can be best done at Marina Beach. The beach is also famous for its numerous water based activities which has attracted a lot of adventure seekers.
2. Muttukadu: The town of Muttukadu is home to the most beautiful and serene sceneries of Chennai. In addition to the charms of nature, here you can also indulge in numerous adventurous activities with your soulmate.
3. Amethyst Cafe: Providing you with a chance to taste the local delicacies while enjoying a romantic dinner, this open cafe lets you enjoy a blissful dining experience in the middle of nature, thus adding extra fun to tour Chennai packages.
4. Besant Nagar Beach: Keep the romance alive and traverse along the beautiful shore while hand in hand as you visit the Besant Nagar Beach. In addition to this, the beach side shacks here provide you with an option to plan a dinner date along the shore.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Chennai tour?
1. Kalakshetra: When in chennai, do not miss attending a cultural show which exhibits the beauty of ancient performances. Many artists show their talent in the cultural evenings held in Kalakshetra and people from all over the world visit here to enjoy the show.
2. Lord of the Drinks: A trip to any city is incomplete without visiting one of its famous clubs and having a drink or two. The Lord of the drinks is a famous night club of Chennai and a night here will be full of drinks, food and dancing to the grooving music.
3. Prarthana Beach Drive-in Theater: What can be the best way to spend a night other than visiting a driven-in theater and enjoying your favourite movie. The breeze touching your skin and you binging on some tasteful popcorn while enjoying the movie, the experience is undoubtedly once in a lifetime.
4. Covelong Beach: Famous for the array of adventurous activities it offers, the beach becomes silent in the night and provides the visitors with a peaceful and calm aura. The Chennai trip packages are totally incomplete without walking along the shores of the beach in the night.
What are the best beaches in Chennai?
1. Covelong Beach: Famous for its sparkling silver sand, this beach is home to many beautiful palm trees which provide beautiful backdrops. The beach also provides the visitors with numerous adrenaline rushing activities like surfing, boating and jet skiing.
2. Marina Beach: The largest beach of India and the second largest beach of the world, Marina Beach is undoubtedly the must-include place in your Chennai trip packages. From adrenaline rushing activities to local food joints, everything can be found here.
3. Thiruvanmiyur Beach: The Thiruvanmiyur beach is famous for exhibiting the most beautiful sunrise and sunset. Everyday numerous people visit here and walk along the shores while marvelling at the beautiful scenery.
4. Elliot’s Beach: One of the cleanest beaches of India, Elliot’s Beach exhibits the beautiful scenery of pristine blue waves of water. In addition to the serenity, here one can enjoy many adventurous activities like diving and snorkeling.
What are the best places to visit in Chennai with family?
1. Swami Vivekananda’s House: Chennai holiday packages always include a trip to this historical place. This was the place where Swami Vivekananda stayed for some days and here you can find the meditation room, park and a gallery full of his things.
2. Arignar Anna Zoological Park: A family trip is never complete without a fun-filled visit to a park where you can marvel at the animals resting in their natural habitat. This zoological park is home to around 500 species of animals and birds, some of which are endangered.
3. Marina Beach: Famous for being the largest beach of India, Marina Beach is home to an array of adrenaline rushing activities which will add the much required thrill to your family trip. In addition to the activities, the shacks around here are famous for selling local delicacies like idlis and vadas.
4. Birla Planetarium: Home to numerous gadgets and astronomical instruments, this place is the one where you kids can learn a lot about the outer state. In addition to the gadgets, the place also hosts numerous shows and documentaries.
How can I plan 3 days in Chennai?
- When in Chennai, on the first day you can cover the famous beaches like Covelong beach and Marina beach.
- The second day can be spent covering the famous temples like Shri Ram Anandeshwar Temple and Kapaleeshwar Temple.
- On the third day you can indulge in food tours and can visit the local markets to shop for souvenirs to take back home.
What is the best time to visit Chennai?
The months between November to February are considered to be the best time to visit Chennai. Around this time, rainfall is less and the surroundings are more pleasant, thus making it easy for tourists to traverse beautiful locations included in their Chennai holiday packages. The temperature stays somewhere between 20 to 25 degrees which provides relief from the hot weather of the city.
Is Chennai safe at night?
Yes, Chennai is purely safe at night, and anyone can easily traverse its beautiful lanes if accompanied by one other person as roaming alone is not advised. Chennai is safer as compared to other metropolitan cities in the night, and you can easily find police patrolling on the roads.