What plans do you have this weekend with your friends? Certainly not the mall again!? Well, this is the perfect chance for you to join the exuberant team of mud lovers and adrenaline junkies on a thrilling adventure day out with the MUDRUSH TEAM! Break free from the mundane city life and leap into the dirt! You heard it! There are so many activities in store for you!
Join the fun and win several prizes for your team! Enjoy untamed fun and excitement with your friends in team building activities and parties that will get your legs grooving to some exciting beats! Book your slots now! This is Asia’s first mud run –the Mud Rush! A one of a kind adrenaline infused event, the Mud Rush aims to give an exhilarating experience to all its participants. Designed and conceptualized by a team of experts with experience from similar events held across the globe, it will leave you spellbound.
1. What is Mudrush about?
The Mud Rush 2015 takes place at Silvassa, the capital of UT Dadra and Nagar Haveli and this adventurous event proves that Indians need to see adventurous sports in ways more than one. The Mud Rush is not just about games or crossing hurdles in a muddy landscape; it is proof that you needn’t go to foreign lands to experience adventure.
The 5km long muddy stretch brings with it a promise of stupendous fun combined with exciting new challenges at every step. Set amidst a wide number of obstacles and a whole lot of mud, the event has drawn in a varied crowd from all over the country. Every year, people from 10-70 years of age wholeheartedly enjoy themselves at The Mud Rush.
There are a wide variety of adventure activities for you to do here along with crazy after parties, camping facilities and the fact alone that this is India’s premiere adventure festival makes it a must see for all those who love to spice up their life!
2. What are the different events and prizes?
The best thing about participating in mud sports is the fact that it doesn’t heat you up. Wallow in the cool mud and enjoy the relaxing monsoon climate as you participate in the all-terrain military and obstacle run! Participants at The Mud Rush 2015 will not only use their physical strength but will also have to put their mental abilities at test at to overcome -
- Water bodies - don't worry there are no crocodiles in there!
- Barrier Walls to test your agility
- 100 feet stretch of tires to test your endurance
- Hills inclined at 45 degrees to test your stamina
- And a whole lot mud everywhere!
The activities you can enjoy while on your visit here are:
- Remote Car Jumping
- Obstacle Course
- Sundowner Party
The different prizes are as per the categories to be given such as:
The Mud Rush allows you to participate solo, but participating in a team is more fun and even more rewarding. A team must comprise of minimum 5 participants and the prizes are:
- Prize category 1 - Come up with a wacky name for your team and win the "Best Team Name" award.
- Prize category 2 - Who says fancy dresses are meant only for kids? Dress up your team in the most attractive costumes and win the award for the "Best Dressed Team".
- Prize category 3 - A true mud rusher is one who has lots of mud on him. Ensure that your team is all rolled up in mud and take home the prize for "Dirtiest Team at Finish Line"
- Prize category 4 - Bring in the most number of participants and win "Largest Number of Participants in One Team". Last year, there was an enthusiastic team of 100 participants from Surat.
3. When does the event start?
The runs will be in batches from 08:00AM to 02:00PM on first come first serve basis. Ensure that you arrive an hour earlier before the event actually begins.
4. What type of accommodation will Mudrush provide?
The accommodation during the event has been arranged for on ties with the luxurious and vast expanse of the Treat resorts. The arrangements have been made for in the following manner:
- Tent for 2 – on August 7th 2015
- Tent for 2 – on August 8th 2015
- Tent for 4 - on August 7th 2015
- Tent for 4 – on August 8th 2015
- Tent for 6 – on August 7th 2015
- Tent for 6 – on August 8th 2015
5. What is the waiver form?
It is mandatory that all participants running in The Mud Rush must complete their waiver entries either online, or at the registration desk upon entry in to the venue. A copy of the waiver can be downloaded. Those refusing to sign the waiver will not be able to participate in the Mud Rush. Please read carefully as signing the waiver confirms you comply with the rules.
6. What is included and excluded in the package?
In the package that will be made available for you so that you can engage in some mindless, fun, exciting adventure, there are a few inclusions and exclusions to be kept in mind before booking the package:
- Participation Pass to enter the grounds
- Sundowner Party at the end of the day
- Cleaning Facilities during your stay
- Food during the event
- Alcohol provided during the mudrush event
- Accommodation for the event
7. What are the rules of ?
For those who wish to revel in unlimited fun and adventure, keep in mind the different rules you need to adhere to so as to avoid any problems thereon.
- The Mud Rush is all about fun, but all participants must make it a point to ensure Rushers look out for each other and give hands and support on demand.
- While alcohol will be served at the end of the activity, using drugs or illegal substances will be strictly prohibited.
- Kindly refrain from littering and polluting the environment on your stay here.
- Stay on track. It is a must that all Rushers stay on the course trail at all times.
- Signs, hoardings, posters, washrooms, water and so on will be outlined and properly communicated to you. Follow these rules and have a happier and more planned run.
- It is not mandatory for participants to cross all obstacles. If you wish to, you can easily skip obstacles you have apprehensions about.
- The Fancy Dress is the best part of the event. We want to see India’s finest costumes, outfits, and uniforms. However we do request that you wear only those costumes and outfits, which are suitable for the run and won’t cause any injury to you or another fellow Mud Rusher.
- All Mud Rushers who’re running please arrive at least 1 hour before the start time. This will ensure enough time for registration, signing the waiver and warm up for the run ahead.
- Remember to take into account traffic delays, petrol stops and food stops! If you can carpool, then do consider the possibility.
- Please do drink responsibly during the after party organised for you. Preferably avail public transport to reach your home destination in case you are inebriated or drive home with a friend.
- The running times for everyone will take place every 30 minutes between 07:00AM-03:00PM
- The festival timings range from 07:00AM
- Running times are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Children of all ages are allowed to come to spectate the event. Children aged 10 years and above will be allowed to run the event only with parent/guardian signing waiver.
- Batches will be released between 07:00AM – 03:00PM, therefore, ensure that you arrive at least an hour prior to run at the venue
8. What are the common queries that people have with regard to Mudrush?
What’s the distance of The Mud Rush and how long will it take me?
ANS: It’s a 5+ km course. You could be faster than some and slower than the others, so it’s tough to say how long it will actually take you to finish. Anyway, remember it’s less about time and more about completing the race without whining.
ANS: Walk, crawl and climb. Use all your ambition and sheer grit. That’s how you Mud Rush.
ANS: Exercise. To compete. For the challenge. To spend some time with your friends. For the excitement. There are so many reasons, but the most important one is to have some unforgettable fun.
ANS: Yes, since there is a chance of bruises and scratches, not to mention the exorbitant amounts of alcohol around, all members, participants and spectators will be required to be 16 and up. Don’t worry kids! We’ll come up with a special race for you little Muddy Buddies soon enough!
ANS: As there is costume contest, we encourage you to wear the most creative and funky clothes you can muddily manage. However, for safety purposes we suggest all of you wear old sneakers or boots that will be comfortable for running and messing up. Feel free to dress up as a superhero, cartoon character, Super Man, Rajnikanth, or police officer or anything else that will accentuate that mud in your eyes. It’s a fun run though, so be creative and have good time doing it. We'll be walking around all day showering prizes on people we see evolving into true Mud Rushers.
Can my friends and family watch?
ANS: Yes. In the event you can’t convince someone to participate despite all attempts, there will be spectator passes available for sale. We will try to keep as many viewing points as possible so they don’t miss a moment.
How do I invite my friends to the mud rush?
ANS: Like us on Facebook page. This will let everyone that you’re one bad Mudder Rusher. Join our twitter gang and tweet your heart out. @themudrush
Can we just come to watch and party?
ANS: Separate spectator/sundowner tickets are available, even while purchasing through thrillophilia. Besides the entry into the recreational zone, as a spectator, you will have constant live entertainment available throughout the day. Sadly you won’t get the title of Mud Rusher.
ANS: All Mud Rushers are requested to come with as much ample time prior to the race as possible. Leave early and avoid traffic. Besides that you will need time to park, stretch, warm up, and maybe get a quick bite before you embark on your adventure of the year. A mandatory of 1hr. is required prior to your run time to deal with box office registration and your arrangement in the holding area. All participants are to arrive at the venue no later than 12PM.
ANS: Good question! Please see the checklist in the BIBLE so you don’t miss out on anything. Basic requirements are a towel, a change of clothes, socks, shoes, your wallet to purchase food and beverages. A cleaning zone and an enclosed changing room will be provided.
I hear there's beer involved?
ANS: With your participation into The Mud Rush race, each runner will be awarded Welcome Kit full of special goodies from our sponsors, A runners Bib, A refreshingly cold Energy Drink before the run, The Run encompassed of 5+ and 21 obstacles, Water during the run, Medals so that you can prove you're a Mud Rusher, A frosty Beer at the finish line, and access to after party full of homegrown VJ's and awesome EDM DJ's.
What do I get as a Mud Rusher?
ANS: Being a Mud Rusher is uber cool. Along with your participation to the run and the recreation zone, your free beer, you will also receive a T-shirt, a bib, a medal at the finish line, and some great stuff from our sponsors. Don’t forget your certificate, stamping you a Mud Rusher.
Is this run a party or should I run home afterwards?
ANS: The people who came up with this event wouldn’t have done The Mud Rush if it wasn’t for the Sundowner Party. Think live cover bands, kick ass Music, cold brews, awesome food, constant prizes and flowing entertainment.
What do I do with my old shoes and muddy clothes?
ANS: Just bring a large enough plastic bag and dump your used shoes, stinky socks, and muddy clothes into it. This and other further details are issued in the Pre Race Documents/Bible.
Do I have to sign a waiver?
ANS: It is mandatory that all participants running in the Mud Run must complete their waiver manually and submit them registration desk A copy of the Terms Conditions and Waiver can be downloaded. The waiver will be offered to you in our terms and conditions during your ticket registration page onBookMyShow.com. Should you disagree then you will not be asked to pay. But, you’ll lose out on an experience of a lifetime.
What if the weather is bad?
ANS: Then your dreams have come true. Come on! The Mud Rush is not about staying clean and dry! Rain or shine, The Mud Rush is happening. So, let go and say “bring it on”!
Is there a place I can leave my stuff while I race?
ANS: Yes. There will be an area for you to lock and store your personal items. But the area will be open for till a certain time. It is your responsibility to pick up your items after your run.
Will there be water stations on the course?
ANS: Yup. There will be plenty of water stations along with loos throughout the course. They will be marked prior on the map interface. Please plan to re-hydrate throughout your day!
How can I become a sponsor of The Mud Rush?
ANS: We would love the opportunity to give your brand and image the muddy footage it deserves. Get in touch with Mudrush and choose sponsorship category while completing the form!
I’m with the press. How can my organization cover The Mud Rush?
ANS: Contact Mudrush. Get in touch. We won’t say no if you want to cover an amazing, historic event called The Mud Rush!
How can I volunteer for The Mud Rush?
ANS: Please feel free to Email at email@example.com . TMR is always looking for people ready to lend a hand. The volunteer package will be further discussed through enrolment.
9. Where is the event and how to get there?
Amidst Silvassa's beautiful landscape with small villages, winding rivers, gorgeous waterfalls and patches of tall green trees, stands the large and beautiful Dudhni Lake. The grand Dudhni Lake is situated at around 40kms away from Silvassa and 17kms away from Khanvel and serves as the location for the events that take place for the Mudrush 2015!
A Water Sports Complex has been made just beside the Dudhni Lake by the government to attract tourists in love with adventure sports. This complex offers visitors with varied range of water sports like Water Scooters, Water Jets, Rowing Boats, Kayaks and Canoes.
10. What should you bring to the Mudrush event?
- For runners bring everything you need in 1 backpack standard size to store your fresh clothes so you can change post your run.
- You may want to bring floor mats to sit on and enjoy and relax to the afternoon festivities. Post your run you will want to relax, hence these items are highly suggested for your comfort and well being.
11. What should you wear to the Mudrush event?
- All runners must wear sports clothes that you would to the gym.
- Good fabrics that don’t absorb too much water are an all time plus! You can only imagine how dirty your clothes may get so wear clothes that you don’t mind getting rid off!
Your shoes should have sufficient grip so you don’t fall and twist your ankle. If you have a pair of gloves it could also help for grip purposes while tackling obstacles and over all so your hands don’t get hurt.