Arunachal Pradesh is a botanically rich paradise, a feast to the trekkers ambition and natures enthusiast. If you thought the extreme part of north east had nothing much to offer, well be surprised. Being one of the most beautiful places in the north east.
There are many species of flora and fauna found in Arunachal Pradesh, which you may not find anywhere else on this planet. Thanks to the semi tropical and tropical weather conditions hovering over Arunachal Pradesh, the plantations have spurred in variety.
If there is a Garden of Eden in the Himalayan kingdom hidden from the world and to be discovered, it would be Arunachal Pradesh. The weather is favorable for trekking in Arunachal Pradesh and those of you who love nature in its raw form, beauty untouched, Arunachal Pradesh welcomes you with an open heart.
Adventure and arduous features in Arunachal Pradesh trekking experiences lay ahead of you. The terrains are challenging and breath taking, especially when the botanical flora and fauna greet you face to face on the rafting in Arunachal or the trekking trails. It is in its own way an experience rich and unique when you embark on trekking or other adventure sports such as rafting in Arunachal Pradesh. The best times to trek in Arunachal Pradesh would be early October to February end.
The major trekking zones:
1) Take a breath and save it when you embark on the enchanting Tribal Villages Trek. You would have the chance to trek at the Indo Tibetan border. And in this trek you would also get to meet, mingle and learn about the tribals way of life at various villages. Important villages that would be covered here are Monpa, Jiogan and even Shergoan. The trek is for those who are very fit and active since you would be travelling at high altitudes.
2) The Thembang Trek is rated as a moderate expedition and runs for around a week and a half. If you would like to embark on this expedition, the best time would be between October and April.
3) You could also check with the Sela Pass Trek expedition, which runs for a week and a half as well. Rated as a moderate, the trekking expedition is best taken from October to April as well.
4) One can even think of joining the Ani Gompa Trek, which runs for a week and a half. The trek here too has been rated as moderate and the best time to be on it would be early October to end of April.
Arunachal Pradesh also excels in rappelling as an adventure sport. While trekking in Arunachal Pradesh, dont forget to check on how best you could enjoy other adventures as well, such as kayaking in Arunachal.
For those who have more than a fortnight in hand, here are your options:
1) The Gorichen Base Camp Trek is an amazing experience, spanning the highs and lows of Arunachal Pradesh. This expedition runs for two and a half weeks and the best time to enjoy it would be from early September to April end. Remember, you need to be very active for this trekking expedition, since it is rated as strenuous.
2) The Mechuka Trek is for those who love to spend more time trekking and exploring, around twenty one days in hand would do. The trek is for the brave and strong, it can be quite strenuous to tough and hence physical fitness needs to be a priority. The best time for this expedition would be September to October and even in February to March.
We are always there to help you decide on your plans, therefore we have made a list of best tour packages for Arunachal Pradesh for you.