Preparing for your honeymoon in Maldives is no hassle since you do not require any visas to be applied for previously. On your arrival to the Maldivian Airport, you will be granted a ninety-day free visa, all you have to do is complete the full form provided to you at the airport. You will be provided with the forms and application at the counter. The following documents are important for you to get your Maldives visa:
- A valid passport required for the duration of the stay.
- A signed and completed form.
- Carry two passport size photos that should be 35mm in width and 44mm in length.
- The photo should not be pixilated.
- A confirmed reservation of the hotel you will be staying at
- Confirmed return tickets or valid transfer tickets to the other destinations
- Photocopies of important documents like birth and address proof as well as bank statements.
No Maldives visa fee is required for Indian nationals. You need to meet the standard requirements which include holding a valid passport, adequate amount to fund your visit in the Maldives i.e. minimum 100 US Dollars per person for a day.
Carrying a health insurance plan is also very important. In case, you do not take a travel insurance policy along with you, chances are that your entry might be rejected on arrival.
Therefore, it is best if you do not take such a chance. Make sure that you have all the required papers before you travel to Maldives. You would do well to discuss the requirements with your travel agent before you make the bookings so that you have ample time to round up all the necessary paperwork.
This will ensure that you are not stuck at any time during your travel, as this can be quite a damp squib!
The Government in Maldives does not merely look at law and order in a strict way, but it also ensures that all its people are always well protected in terms of health and welfare. Therefore, if you are arriving from an infected area, you need to have had a yellow fever immunization. Those arriving via a yacht or a boat require no-cost visas. All kinds of passports are accepted as long as they are valid till after your visit.