Maldives Scuba DivingBrowse through a wide range of Maldives Scuba Diving Packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Add more fun to your session of Scuba Diving in Maldives with the exciting deals and offers.
Nestled about 700 Kilometers away from the Asian Mainland, Scuba Diving in Maldives is an excellent opportunity to get up close and personal with different species of Marine Life. Cerulean and warm waters of Maldives are home to numerous Scuba Diving sites like Maaya Thila and Chaaya Reef which are home to tonnes of marine life and unmatchable underwater beauty.
One can spot species like Parrotfish, Butterfly Fish, Pelagic Fish, Sharks and colourful Corals at these sites. On the other hand, a site like Nassimo Thila is officially declared as a protected marine area. Maldives Scuba Diving sessions usually range between 45-50 minutes. During the dive, one can spot Reef Sharks, White Tips, Dog-Toothed Tuna, Oriental Sweet Lips, Green Turtles and colourful Corals in their natural habitat.
The best time to undertake Scuba Diving is between November-May to get clear visibility and excellent sea conditions. Beginning with amateurs to seasoned divers, Scuba Diving in the Maldives has something for everyone. Don't have to worry about safety because experienced instructors will always be present to accompany you.
People Also Ask About Scuba Diving in Maldives
Which are the best places of scuba diving in Maldives?
1. Maaya Thila: Among the top 10 Diving Sites in the world, Maaya Thila is home to tons of marine life and is an excellent site for Scuba Diving in the Maldives. It is about 80 meters in diameter and houses caves & overhangs.
Interestingly, Maaya Thila is suitable for Night Diving as well. During the dive, one can spot Grey Reef Sharks, White Tips, Dog-Toothed Tuna, Parrotfish, Butterfly Fish, Stonefish, and Anglerfish among others.
Cost: The Scuba Diving cost at Maaya Thila starts from USD 72.
2. Nassimo Thila: A heavenly abode for advanced divers, Nassimo Thila is officially declared as a protected marine area. This Maldives Scuba Diving Site is all about stunning rock formation, a nest of fish and plentiful corals. The average temperature of the water ranges between 27C to 30C. Divers can spot Snappers, Napoleans, Oriental Sweetlips, Jackfish and Eagle Rays.
Cost: The Scuba Diving cost at Nassimo Thila starts from USD 67.
3. Kandooma Thila: In the north of the Kandooma Island, Kandooma Thila is one of the startling Maldives Scuba Diving sites to explore marine life in the Maldives. It has a depth of 16-30 meters and is accessible throughout the year. Along the reef, one can spot Eagle Rays, Reef Sharks, Green Turtles, Red Bass, Tunas, and Barracudas.
Cost: The Scuba Diving cost at Kandooma Thila starts from USD 80.
4. Banana Reef: At a depth of 5 meters to 30 meters, Banana Reef is in the North Male Atoll and is the first Site for Scuba Diving in the Maldives. Dotted with pinnacle, cliffs, overhangs and caves, it is a must-have in your Itinerary.One can easily spot Oriental Sweetlips, Reef Sharks, Morays, Stingray Eels, Giant Clams, and Blowfish in their natural habitat.
Cost: The Scuba Diving cost at Banana Reef starts from USD 67.
5. Chaaya Reef: Quite eminent for its unmatchable underwater beauty, Chaaya Reef is one of the ideal sites for Scuba Diving in the Maldives to get close to the incredible marine life.
Although it has strong currents, it is one such diving destination which can be accessed throughout the year.As you dive underwater, get ready to spot Pelagic Fish, Sharks and colourful Corals.Beginning with amateurs to veterans, this Maldives Scuba Diving site is suitable for all.
Are there any scuba diving resorts in Maldives?
Yes, there are Maldives Scuba Diving Resorts for divers. Here are a few listed:
1. Kuredu Resort & Spa, Lhaviyani Atoll: Upscale villas and endless luxury, Kurendu Resort & Spa is encompassed by an alluring lagoon and is close to numerous diving sites.
2. Vilamendhoo Island Resort, South Ari Atoll: Nestled in the South Ari Atoll, Vilamendhoo Island Resort lies along the vast stretch of the Indian Ocean and offers plush stays, exotic meals, exquisite drinks, rejuvenating Spa Centre and scuba diving opportunities.
3. One And Only Reethi Rah, North Male Atoll: On a secluded Island, One And Only Reethi Rah is an ideal place for a tropical getaway. The resort offers excellent water sports including diving in the pristine male waters.
4. Soneva Fushi, Baa Atoll: In an untouched island in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi beautifully sits in the middle of lush greenery. The resort also offers scuba diving.
What is the duration of scuba diving in Maldives?
Scuba Diving in the Maldives usually ranges between 45 - 50 minutes. Due to depth and currents, 20 metres can be covered in 40-50 minutes. Do note that Maximum depth for all diving activities in the Maldives is 30 meters, irrespective of amateur or advanced divers.
What is the average cost of scuba diving in Maldives?
Scuba Diving in the Maldives cost $70- $85 (Rs 5300- Rs 6400) per Dive in the Maldives. It includes the Boat Trip, Tanks and Weights.
What is the best time to do scuba diving in Maldives?
The best time to go Scuba Diving in the Maldives is between November to May. During this period, Maldives enjoy excellent sea conditions and provide clear visibility, making Scuba Diving a top-notch activity.
Is scuba diving safe in Maldives for the first-timers?
Yes, it is safe for the first-timers to undertake Scuba Diving in the Maldives. All the guidelines are followed strictly ensuring the safety of the divers.
- First-time divers can only go up to a depth of 20 meters.
- You will be accompanied by experienced instructors.
Can a non-swimmer dive in Maldives?
No, non-swimmers cannot dive in the Maldives. Alternatively, if you are too willing to explore the underwater world, try Snorkeling.