London Theme ParksFor a thrilling day out with friends and family, pay a visit to any theme parks in London, which guarantee you fun, adventure and lasting memories. The capital city of England boasts of wide, open spaces which house some of the most exciting theme parks. Right from arcade games and adrenaline-filled rides to numerous attractions and a plethora of experiences. For an exhilarating experience of a different kind, it is at these London theme parks where you can enjoy an action-packed day out.
Take a trip to these parks and get a chance to enjoy an entertainment of a kind, as you ride the DreamWorks tour bus to explore the kingdom of Shrek at Shrek’s Adventure London, or learn to drive a Lego car at Legoland Windsor. For those who don’t have a weak heart, the London Dungeons is the place to be, where you can explore the dark and vivid history of this city, and indulge in some of the scariest experiences of your life. Make sure to visit the Harry Potter Studios, which ranks as one of the best theme parks in London, and offers you a chance to recreate your magical fantasies by enrolling in Hogwarts, visiting the Diagon Alley and a lot more.
People Also Ask About Theme Parks in London
Which are the best theme parks in London?
1. Thorpe Park: Thorpe Park, one of the best theme parks in London is particularly known for its white-knuckle rides and attractions. Home to 27 thrilling rides, including the Colossus, the Nemesis, as well as the Stealth, Thorpe Park is a heaven for adrenaline junkies and thrill seekers visiting London. It boasts of the Swarm, which is the only winged roller coaster in all of the United Kingdom. The park is home to Saw: The Ride, which is famous for being the first horror movie themed coaster in the whole world, with a vertical drop of 100 degrees.
Location: Staines Road, Chertsey, KT16 8PN, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: £52.50 onwards
2. Legoland Windsor Resort: When in London, head over to the Legoland Theme Park in Windsor Resort, where Lego dreams come true. Home to attractions recreated entirely using Lego- world’s favourite toy. You can find here a mini-Lego-built London, the set of Star Wars or even the Kingdom of Atlantis, all of which are nothing short of beautiful. After exploring the attractions in the park, you can also enjoy a Lego go-kart ride or the several water rides here. Make sure to take a ride in The Dragon, a rollercoaster that passes around a Lego castle, and the DUPLO Dino Coaster, which is the first DUPLO themed ride in the whole world.
Location: Winkfield Rd, Windsor SL4 4AY, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: £29 to £44
Book Now: Legoland Windsor Resort Tickets
3. Chessington World of Adventures: The Chessington World of Adventures is one of the top-rated London theme parks, where you can easily spend a fun-filled day out with your family and friends. The theme park doubles up as a zoo, a sea life centre as well as a destination for live entertainment shows for visitors of all ages. It is here where you can enjoy rides like the Dragon’s Fury, the Tiger Rock log flume as well as the Crop Drop, which has a 25-metre drop.
Location: Leatherhead Rd, Chessington KT9 2NE, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: £24 onwards
4. London Dungeons: For a taste of the dark and shadowy history of London, the horror-themed London Dungeons theme park is the place to be. Offering you a journey into the 1000 years of history of the city, this park boasts of amazing (but scary) shows, mazes, rides and more. From going on a backwards boat ride to the Traitor’s Gate and a drop ride in the Drop Dead, to meeting Jack the Ripper, and other infamous historical figures, you can do it all at London Dungeons.
Location: County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. (Monday to Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday)
11:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. (Thursday)
Entry Fee: £30 onwards
Click Here To Book: London Dungeons Tickets
5. KidZania: Of all the theme parks in London, KidZania is quite possibly the very best for children between 4 to 14 years of age. KidZania boasts of a wide range of activities and experiences that they can indulge in, while also learning social and perceptive skills, and finding out how the real-world works. It is here where your child will know about different jobs and professions such as a doctor, firefighter, baker and more, while also learning how to earn money and handle it in KidZania’s bank.
Location: Westfield London, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 03:30 p.m. (Tuesday to Friday)
10:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday)
Entry Fee: £28 (for children between 4 to 14 years of age);
£16.50 onwards (for visitors above 15 years of age)
Click Here To Book: KidZania Tickets
6. Harry Potter Studios: One of the very best theme parks in the United Kingdom is the Warner Bros. Studios, where you can see how the Harry Potter films came to life. With attractions like the Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, Hagrid’s Hut and even the Hogwarts Express, the Harry Potter Studios is a literal heaven for all the Potterheads. You can even meet Hagrid and get your very own magic wand here. In addition to exploring Hogwarts, you can also ride a broomstick or enjoy a butterbeer.
Location: Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden, London WD25 7LR, United Kingdom
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: £27 (children between 5 to 15 years of age); £35 (for adults)
Click Here To Book: Warner Bros. Studio Tickets
7. Adventure Island: Ranked amongst the most popular London theme parks, Adventure Island is located right along the shores of the North Sea. It offers attractions, rides and thrills for people of all ages. This theme park is particularly known for the Rage ride, which is a 72-foot-tall roller coaster that has 3 inversions and a 97 degree drop. Other popular rides here include the Sky Drop, the Axis sky swing as well as the inverted Dragon’s Claw ride, which is sure to make your stomach drop.
Location: Sunken Island, Western Esplanade, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 1EE, United Kingdom
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Entry Fee: £22.50 onwards
8. Dreamland Margate: Doubling up as a venue for gigs and theme park, Dreamland Margate is a great theme park in London, located right by the sea. Ranked as the oldest surviving theme park in all of the United Kingdom, Dreamland Margate boasts of a wide array of rides and attractions. This includes the grade II-listed Scenic Railway, which is the oldest roller coaster in the UK, along with the Ziggy’s Rooftop Bar, from where you can enjoy panoramic views of the JMW Turner skyline.
Location: 49-51, Marine Terrace, Margate CT9 1XJ, United Kingdom
Timings: 11:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. (Sundays); Closed for the rest of the week
Entry Fee: £15 onwards
9. Trent Park: For an adventurous and exhilarating day out in the city, Trent Park is the best place to be. Considered to be one of the popular theme parks in London, Trent Park is one place where you can have a lot of fun in the lap of nature. This forest adventure park also boasts of having the fastest and the longest zip wire in London, in addition to having two huge Tarzan Swings. From exploring the jungle terrains, to flying down the ziplines or even jumping from one tree to another, you can do it all at Trent Park.
Location: Cockfosters Road, Enfield, London EN4 0PS, United Kingdom
Timings: 08:30 a.m. to 09:30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday); 08:30 a.m. to 09:00 p.m. (Sunday)
Entry Fee: Free
10. Shrek's Adventure! London: Step into the world of the famous green ogre at Shrek’s Adventure London, located on the South Banks. Explore this theme park in a classic London bus, and get a chance to see Princess Fiona, the cheeky Donkey and others as you indulge in a memorable 4D adventure here. You can also enjoy VR roller coasters and other rides here, in addition to the many shows and programs here, which offer you a chance to come face to face with popular fairy-tale characters like Pinocchio, Puss in Boots, the Gingerbread Man and more.
Location: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB, U.K.
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. (Saturday to Wednesday); 11:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Thursday); 10:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Friday)
Entry Fee: £24 onwards
What are the best theme parks in London to visit with kids and family?
1. KidZania: KidZania is one of the best London theme parks to visit with kids and family. Here your little ones can enjoy some role-playing while also getting a chance to experience the real world. From trying out different jobs and professions, to learning life skills, they can do it all here.
2.Thorpe Park: A perfect theme park for those visiting with their family, Thorpe Park is known for its different scary and adrenaline-filled rides and rollercoasters, such as Stealth, which goes from 0 to 80 miles per hour in just 2 seconds. It also has the Swarm, which is the first winged rollercoaster in the UK, among other rides.
3. Harry Potter Studio: Amongst the very best and most popular theme parks in London, the Harry Potter Studio is a magical place for visitors, where you can not only see the behind the scenes of the Harry Potter films, but also explore the many attractions here, such as Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and more. You can also drink a butterbeer or two here.
4. Legoland Windsor: Another one of the top theme parks to visit in London with family and children is Legoland Windsor. It lets you sail with Vikings, get chased by dragons, and even see the treasures hidden by the Pharaohs. You can also learn how to drive a Lego car here, while enjoying over 50 exciting rides and attractions in this theme park.
Recommended Read: Things TO Do In London
What are the best things to do in KidZania London?
1. Spend time at the Just Dance Dance Club: One of the best things to do at KidZania which ranks amongst the top London theme parks, is to head over to the Just Dance Dance Club. It is here where you can take a break from all the other activities, and learn new dance moves as you groove to the amazing tunes.
2. Read books at the Library: KidZania London also boasts of a National Library, where your little ones, and you as well, can read different books, enjoy audiobooks via the brand-new sound installation systems and even discover new things. You can even hear author SP K-Mushambi read chapters from her book “The Mysterious Melody” here.
3. Host your own show at the Radio Station: As one of the top theme parks in London, KidZania also has its very own Radio Station, where you can host your own show as a radio DJ. Your children can learn how a radio station works here, while you can educate your listeners on the latest news about weather, showbiz and more.
4. Learn to cook at the Wrap Kitchen: Another one of the top things to do at KidZania is to learn cooking at Wrap Kitchen, and show off your wrap creation and skills. You can learn tips and tricks from the head chef here, and then use them to make delicious snacks and other dishes in the KidZania kitchen.
Suggested Read: Places To Visit In London
What are the best rides to do in Thorpe park London?
1. Tidal Wave: Thorpe Park is amongst the best theme parks in London, and one of the most popular rides here is the Tidal Wave, which is also the only water ride in the park, and one of the wettest in the whole world. It is also known for splashing the riders with almost 2.7 bathtubs of water, as they try to balance themselves while the mighty tide comes in.
2. The Walking Dead: The Ride: Said to be the oldest ride based on a horror show in the whole world, The Walking Dead: The Ride is a rollercoaster, which is nothing short of scary. Boasting of areas and elements that are scarier than the TV show, this ride is not for the faint hearted and requires a lot of courage, since you can actually feel like you are in the show.
3. Colossus: One of the biggest roller coasters in the region, the mighty Colossus is also amongst the first inversion roller coasters in the whole world. It is in this steel roller coaster ride, where you can experience passing through ten huge loops in a matter of 90 seconds, making it rather scary and uncomfortable, yet quite exhilarating.
Planning A Tour To London, Book Our London Tour Packages Now!
What makes theme parks in London so popular?
The theme parks in London have gained popularity all around the world because of their huge expansive areas, and the plethora of experiences and rides, along with attractions that they offer to visitors. These theme parks are a complete package, and have a wide array of things to do for people of all ages.
Also Read: Things To Do At Night In London
Places Near London To Visit
What is the best time to visit theme parks in London?
The best time to visit the theme parks in London is during the summer season, from late March to August. This is when the days are long, and the weather relatively pleasant, with little to no rainfall. This makes it perfect to spend your entire day at the theme park, and enjoy the different outdoor attractions and rides here.
Also Checkout: Best Museums In London
What are the other attractions and activities in London you can book via thrillophilia?Here are the other attractions and activities in London you can book via thrillophilia: