About Warner Bros. StudioWarner Bros Studio is the most remarkable American filming studio headquartered in the golden state of California. It is spread in 110-acre and collectively encompasses fourteen exterior sets, seventeen re-recording stages and thirty six sound stages.
You can also find here six ADR stages and an entire range of production related service departments and rental facilities. From the timeless classic Casablanca to the most loved sitcom Friends, you can catch what happened behind the lens when these remarkable scenes were being shot.
Housing sets, props, and costumes used in its various motion pictures, Warner Bros Studios offers a spellbinding journey through its backlots, soundstages and themed restaurants. You can sip a cup of Joe in Central Perk Cafe, marvel at the batmobiles displayed and click pictures with life-size statues with heroes from the DC universe.
You can also place the sorting hat at Wizarding World of Harry Potter, or binge eats during the Gilmore Girls Holiday. Explore the sound stages and sets that brought the iconic shows and movies like La La Land and The BIG bang Theory to life. You can also enact the heart-wrenching scenes of your favorite movies on the sets over here. The things to do at Warner Bros. Studio are endless, and so is the fun.
How to Reach Warner Bros. Studio
An hour drive from London City Center would get you to Warner Bros. Studios without much trouble. 4 other routes can be easily taken to reach the famed studio.
1. A walk to the Pritchards Road Bethnal Green and a bus ride from there would bring you to the Old Street Stop. A short trip on the Northern sub from Old Street station would bring you to Euston station. You can board the west midlands train from there to reach Watford junction which is a bus ride away from the Harry Potter studio tour which is right next to Warner Bros. Studios. This would take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
2. You can follow the same route till Watford junction where you can choose not to go through the Harry Potter studio and instead take the bus ride to Ashfields which is just a short walk away from Warner Bros. Studios. This route can take around 1 hour and 23 minutes.
3. You can also choose not to take the bus from Bethnal Green and instead catch the Central sub to reach the Tottenham Court Road station. A northern sub from there would land you at Euston from where you can choose to either go through the Harry Potter Studio tour or Ashfields to reach Warner Bros. Studios. This route can take almost 90 minutes to cover.
4. Another route can be to make the trip on Central sub to Oxford Circus Underground Station from Bethnal Green station. A short ride on Victoria sub from there will get you to Euston from where you can take any of the 2 aforementioned paths to reach Warner Bros. studios in not more than 95 minutes.
What Not to Miss at Warner Bros. Studio
Activities are countless and time will be enough once you are inside the studios. Apart from covering all the backlots and exhibitions, here are some must-to-do activities you cannot miss out on.
1. Drink Butterbeer
2. Shop for souvenirs
Studios and Tours in Warner Bros. Studio
1. Studio Tour
Duration: 3 hours (1 hour self-guided)
2. Classic Tour
Duration: 3 hours (1 hour self-guided)
3. Deluxe Tour
Duration: 6 hours (1 hour self-guided)
Places to Visit near Warner Bros. Studio
When it comes to Los Angeles, you can never get tired of exploring the magical sights scattered in the city. But here are some places near the Warner Bros. Studio that you can cover on your way.
1. Griffith Park
2. Griffith Observatory
3. Hollywood Sign
Other Essential Information About Warner Bros. Studio
History of Warner Bros. StudiosThe studio opened its doors to the public in 2012 to showcase the treasure (Props and equipment) accumulated during the production of all the Harry Potter movies. It claims to have the distinction of producing the first-ever talkie also.
It was born out of a gamble between four brothers- Jack, Sam, Albert and Harry who claimed that the audience will gravitate to the talkies that synced sound with speed. Initially their attempts seemed to be futile to drive the attention of the audience and filmmakers but in 1927 they released a musical drama named The Jazz Singer that brought a revolution in the entertainment industry.
This was also the year when the studio transformed from a primary talkie to a talking motion picture studio. The reputation of the studio kept on increasing year after year as it hosted a vast number of high profile production work.
Some of the most iconic movies like An Ideal Husband, Longitude, Sleepy Hollow and Goldeneye were filmed over here. The Dark Knight series is touted to be the best part of the history of Warner Bros studio. It is also home to the most successful movie series of all time including Harry potter.
It is the favorite destination of filmmakers all around the globe and is also the go-to studio for the production of world class movies, commercials and pop shows.
Places to Eat in Warner Bros. Studio
Apart from an outlet of Starbucks, there are a variety of opulent themed cafes and restaurants to dine in at Warner Bros Studios. Here are some best picks to try out.
1. Central Perk Cafe
2. The Backlot Cafe
Places to Stay near Warner Bros. Studio
The options to stay near Warner Bros may be limited, but they are luxurious and fully equipped with every facility. Here are some top picks in accommodations near the studios.
1. Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Location: Essex Lane Hunton Park, Hunton Bridge, Kings Langley
2. Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Location: St. Albans Road Garston, Watford
3. Hotel Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Location: 19 Bridle Path, Watford
Travellers’ Tip before visiting Warner Bros. Studio
Here is a heads-up about a few important things to keep in mind before visiting the studios.
1. While tickets can be purchased on-site, online booking has discount offers and hence are cheaper.
2. Tripods and videography are not allowed.
3. Children above 8 years are permitted inside and should be accompanied by an adult.
4. Skip leather sole shoes or heels as most of the studios have outdoor locations. Dress according to the weather as well.
5. Carry a valid photo ID at all times.