Visit Dimmingsdale Valley
- One of the most exquisite things to do near Alton Towers is to visit this extraordinary location which is an escapade for nature enthusiasts.
- This serene valley has verdant pasture lands where the farm animals graze the field.
- Surrounded by lush verdant and humongous trees, this nature haven is a pristine getaway. Have a picnic excursion by the lake side and marvel at the woodlands, streams and other exquisite settings.
- This serene setting is also perfect for a stroll or jogging expedition on your vacation excursion and promises a soul rejuvenating experience like never before.
Location: Alton, Stoke-on-Trent ST10 4BU, United Kingdom
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Central London
Walk through Ilam Park
- Making its way in the list of the most serene and exquisite things to do near Alton Towers, the Ilam park which is spread over 158 hectares is perfect for a stroll or fancy evening getaway.
- This country park is absolutely picturesque and has great hill top spots for picnic expeditions.
- As you explore this park, learn about its fabulous history and ownership during the early 17th century.
- The Ilam Park also features the Ilam Hall, a gothic-style architectural masterpiece. This lovely landmark was formerly a posh estate owned by the merchants of Ilam village.
Location: Ilam, Ashbourne DE6 2AZ, United Kingdom
Check This Out: Hidden Places In London
Explore Peak Wildlife park
- Located in the heart of England, the mesmerising beauty of this peak wildlife park will definitely let you connect with the nature around you more.
- This immensely beautiful park houses exclusive species from continents across the world.
- As you take a stroll through the park get a chance to pet and feed the kangaroos from Australia and penguins from the arctic.
- The park is dedicated to the noble cause of protecting endangered species. Come across the meerkats and otters and marvel at the beauty of this park which is definitely one of the most mesmerising activities to do near Alton Towers.
Location: Winkhill, Leek ST13 7QR, United Kingdom
Recommended Read: Things To Do In London With Kids
Pay A Visit At The Blacksmith Arms
- Take a break from your England trip plan and stop at the infamous 'The Blacksmith Arms' for a tasty English brunch.
- This wonderful restaurant serves the most delectable dishes, like salmon and king prawns, duck fat fondant, and more.
- Not only this, The Blacksmith Arms is an exclusive pub which serves the most delicious drinks attracting a huge crowd of youth.
- This restaurant is about 400 years old and its amusing interiors, fun ambiance and dining on its delicious food makes it one of the best things to do near Alton Towers.
Location: 257 Rotherhithe St, London SE16 5EJ, United Kingdom
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Victoria London
Stop By Dovedale Valley
- Known for its neverending green pasture lands and clearcut streams flowing through, the Dovedale Valley is a natural haven that you must explore in your England excursion.
- This valley runs for over 3 miles connecting Thorpe Cloud and Bunster Hills, and is a perfect location to dwell over England's natural bounties.
- The Thorpe Cloud surrounding the valley is a beautiful limestone hill, where you can relax and rejuvenate whilst admiring the beautiful valley beneath you.
- You can take part in a wide range of activities to do near Alton Towers like cave tours Reynard’s Cave and Lion’s Head and take a tour of the wonderful bridge at Milldale.
Do Read: Things To Do In Shoreditch
Pray At St Giles Catholic Church
- Amongst a plethora of catholic churches in England, the amusing St Giles Catholic Church is a wonderful gothic styled church that you should visit.
- A mass gathering at this church with other devotees is one of the must do activities to do near Alton Towers.
- This Roman catholic church dates back to 1846 and was one one of the very first churches in the area.
- This church is one of the finest construction from the 19th century and its gothic revival architecture will definitely impress you.
Location: 18 Charles St, Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent ST10 1ED, United Kingdom
Check This: Things To Do In Kings Cross
Visit St Oswald's Church
- The pristine St Oswald's Church is one of most majestic churches in the town and its antiquity and beautiful architecture makes it the local's favourite.
- This Church is also listed in the natural heritage list of England and its fabulous exteriors with parapets, gargoyles, and exquisite interiors with memorial boards and aristocratic chapels makes it a beautiful landmark.
- Visiting and offering your prayers at this church is one of the best things to do near Alton Towers.
Location: 5 School Ln, Ashbourne DE6 1AN, United Kingdom
Recommended Read: Things To Do Near Tower Of London
Pay A Visit At Beamhurst Museum
- The Beamhurst Museum is one of most underrated attractions that you can explore near Alton Towers.
- This beautiful privately owned museum opens a few times during the week and allows the visitors to marvel at its unique and exciting collection.
- The museum is famous amongst locals for its exhibitions and bidding where they sell exclusive age old art pieces, furniture, sculptures and more.
Location: Beamhurst, Uttoxeter ST14 5EA, United Kingdom
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market
Explore Ashbourne Recreation Ground & Memorial Gardens
- The fascinating Ashbourne Recreation ground is the local's favourite hangout zone.
- This beautiful park has zones for cricket and rugby which attracts a young crowd during the evening hours.
- The park has verdant grasslands and tree shades where you can relax and watch life go by.
- The park has wide pavements and roads where you can take a stroll. Post this, explore the fascinating memorial ground which was created in the memory of the heroes who died for the country.
Location: 19 Cokayne Ave, Ashbourne DE6 1EJ, United Kingdom
Suggested Read: Things To Do Near London Eye
Visit Church Of The Holy Cross
- This historic church is renowned for its plethora of noble causes of the Christian community and mankind in general.
- At its mass gathering, get a chance to interact with the locals and delve deeper into the religious beliefs.
- The church also organises a plant for workshops for the people in need and the young adults.
- Explore the parish hall and be a part of its traditional services held every day.
Location: St Austell Rd, Coventry CV2 5AE, United Kingdom
Recommended Read: Museums Near London Bridge