This art museum on Millbank is among the most popular places to visit in the United Kingdom as it houses works of art that date back to more than a hundred years. It comprises paintings and sculptures that have been created by some of the greatest Masters in the world.
Being the country’s national museum for contemporary and modern art, Tate Modern is among the top places to visit in the UK. Explore the magnificent art collection at Tate Modern with our Europe tour package from India . Located by the banks of the River Thames in the imposing shell of the former Bankside Power Station, the museum houses works of exquisite art from all across the globe.
You can witness some awe-inspiring creations by world-renowned masters including Picasso, Rothko, Dali, Pollock, Cezanne, Bonnard, Matisse, Warhol, and Bourgeois. The museum also holds a massive collection of the works of art of the country right from the Tudor period and is one of the largest museums in the entire nation.
The collections in the museum are kept in three distinct sections, the Boiler House, the central Turbine Hall, and the Blavatnik Building. The five-storey tall space known as Turbine Hall is the centerpiece of the museum and it is home to some large-scale art projects like Carsten Höller’s giant slides and Ai Weiwei’s sea of porcelain sunflower seeds.
• Witness the spectacular permanent collection of historic British art that dates as far back as the 1900s.
• Explore the major art projects in the central Turbine Hall that once housed electricity generators.
• Admire the incredible pieces of art here such as Weiwei's sea of porcelain sunflower seeds, and Olafur Eliasson‘s giant setting sun.
• Marvel at the display of installations, performance art, and video at The Tanks which was once home to huge oil tanks.
• Walk through the Boiler House that is home to the oldest works in the building and see the newer collections in the Blavatnik Building.