Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Buckingham Palace has been the official London residence of UK sovereigns and currently, it is the administrative headquarters of the Monarch.
- This historic tradition of Changing of the Queen’s Guard has been an integral part of London’s culture since 1660.
- This is widely regarded as one of the best things to do in Victoria London and guess what? It is absolutely cost free as well!
Visit the Apollo Victoria Theatre
A treat for theatre lovers, this venue is one of the largest of its kind on the West End since it boasts of a seating capacity of 2,304.
Even the architecture of the building is no less than iconic as it harks back to the London of the 1960s!
Currently, you can catch the multi award winning musical ‘The Wicked’ here, which is based on the story of the Wizard of Oz. If you are into theatre, this could be one of the best things to do in Victoria London.
Location: 17 Wilton Rd, Pimlico, London SW1V 1LG
Checkout the Little Ben
- You can find this iconic mini clock tower proudly standing in front of Victoria Station.
- It is believed that it’s a replica of the Big Ben clock tower of Westminster Abbey and was casted because people who were rushing to catch a train would often lose track of time.
- It was erected way back in 1892, making it one of the oldest clock towers in London!
- This iconic clock tower is a prime example of ornate cast-iron work.
Pay a Visit at the Victoria and Albert Museum
This true-blue British Museum is widely regarded as the world’s greatest collection of the decorative arts, making it one of the best things to do in Victoria, London if you are an art connoisseur.
The foundation of the Museum dates back to 1852 and since then, it has played a pivotal role in preserving British culture.
One can find a vast tableaux of European furniture, sculpture, metalwork, ceramics, textiles, from early medieval times to present day. It even has a vast collection of artworks sourced from several Asian countries.
Location: Cromwell Rd, London SW7 2RL
Visit Saatchi Gallery
- Saatchi Gallery is an exhibition in London which has been proving to be a backbone for contemporary art for years. Walking through this exhibit should be included in your list of activities to do in Victoria London if you are into art.
- A visit to this place is bound to restructure your understanding of contemporary art as it is also known for its state-of-the-art institution.
- During the start, it wasn’t that popular but now, it is renowned across the globe for its amazing display of artwork.
- You can find artworks of countless artists which have been living in the shadows so far.
Stop by the Hyde Park
- Hyde Park is the largest and the most exquisite of four Royal Parks that dot London.
- It is located right in the middle of the city and gives you access to various activities like horse riding, tennis, swimming, boating, jogging, skating and more.
- Inside the park, you can witness many amazing monuments, fountains, statues, buildings and a bird sanctuary.
- Several world-renowned events, seminars, charity shows, music concerts and conferences are held inside this park.
- This might be one of the best activities to do in Victoria London and guess what? It is absolutely cost-free as well!
Explore Natural History Museum
- The Natural History Museum is a leading attraction and science research centre in London where you can discover the world's natural history in numerous interactive sessions.
- This museum has over 80 million objects which provide a deep insight into the world’s natural history. So if you are a history buff, include this in your list of things to do in Victoria London.
- You can also encounter a prehistoric marine reptile in virtual reality or you can just watch a well-curated short film on natural history.
- There are five main collections in this museum which cater to the following fields: mineralogy, entomology, botany, zoology and palaeontology.
Location: Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD
Timing: 10:00 AM to 5:50 PM
Do Read: Things To Do Near Borough Market
Visit Eaton Square Gardens
- Eaton square, as the name suggests, is a square-shaped area which is home to grand houses and apartments.
- It has six private gardens dotted by imposing yet elegant buildings that make up for a rather picturesque setting. London’s ultra-rich people reside in this lane.
- In 2016, it was termed as the Most expensive place to buy a property in the whole of Britain!
- At the east end of the square, one can also visit St Peter’s Church which holds a strong cultural importance and several classical music concerts as well.
Location: Eaton Square, London SW1W
Check This Out: Places In East London
Pay a Visit at Westminster Cathedral
- While there’s no shortage of magnificent cathedrals in London, Westminster Cathedral holds one of the top spots as it is the largest catholic church in England and Wales.
- If you think that the exterior of this Cathedral screams grandeur, wait till you step inside! The domed and arched ceilings are covered in mosaics.
- There is also a gallery inside this cathedral where one can witness the cathedral's treasures and artefacts. An absolute must activities to do in Victoria London if you are a history buff.
Location: Victoria St, London SW1P 1LT
Timing: 09:30 AM to 05:00 PM
Recommended Read: Places In West London
Checkout James Park
- St James Park is one of London’s eight royal parks and one of the prettiest as well.
- St James Park is bordered by historical landmarks like the Clarence House and Buckingham Palace so you can spend the entire day roaming around in its vicinity.
- You can take a leisurely stroll around its lake which also has geese, ducks and even pelicans!
- One can also witness the iconic changing of guards ceremony at Buckingham palace from this park itself.
Location: London SW1H 9AP
Timing: 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Do Read: Adventurous Things To Do In London
Explore Cardinal Place
- If you are craving much-need retail therapy whilst in London, head over to Cardinal Place shopping centre and it could turn out to be the best things to do in Victoria London.
- It has 11 floors of fantastic retail outlets which will provide you with a relaxing and modern shopping experience.
- It is enclosed in a stunning and stylish structure of polished steel and glass so even if you just want to take a stroll, this place is bound to blow your mind.
- To quench your hunger and thirst, there are countless cafes and restaurants that dot the landscape of Cardinal place.
Location: Victoria St, London SW1E 5JD
Timing: 08:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Recommended Read: Attractions Near Alton Towers
Visit for Afternoon Tea at Goring
- Located near Buckingham Palace, The Goring is a 5-star hotel which would serve as a perfect place to have a scrumptious brunch.
- Its dining room is one of the best in the business, providing an elegant and fun dining experience.
- Breakfast and afternoon tea of its dining area is revered to be one of the best that you can find on the face of this earth.
- To give you an idea about its oomph factor, Kate Middleton and her family stayed in this hotel during her wedding to Prince William.
Location: Belgravia, London
Timing: 07:30 AM to 11:00 PM
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In September
Pay a Visit at Market Halls
- Market halls are an absolute delight for foodies as it is a hall which changed the game for food stalls in London.
- Even if you are craving good Indian food in London, you can quench your craving at Gopal’s corner from Roti King. You can also find other cuisines here including kebabs, tacos, and Italian.
- The whole area has a coffee shop, three bars and nine kitchens including big names such as Fanny’s kebabs and Monty’s Deli.
Location: 191 Victoria St, London SW1E 5NE
Timing: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Recommended Read: Places In South London
Explore Guards Museum
- This interesting museum showcases the history of the five regiments of Foot Guards including memorabilia, weapons and uniforms preserved from more than 300 years.
- A chronological display of the regimental uniforms is yet another highlight which is accompanied by weapons, models and artwork.
- If you are into miniature and military related collections, the Guards Toy Soldier Centre could turn out to be an absolute delight!
Location: Wellington Barracks on Birdcage Walk near Buckingham Palace
Timings: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In September
Visit Peggy Porschen
- Also renowned to be one of the most Instagram-worthy cafes in London, Peggy Porschen looks straight out of a fairytale!
- If you wish to have London’s best cupcakes which are not only exquisite to look at but are scrumptious in an unimaginable way, this is the outlet to go for!
- This is widely regarded as one of the prettiest cafes in the whole wide world with a wide array of cakes and desserts to choose from.
Location: 219 King's Rd, London SW3 5EJ
Timing: 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In October