Popular Jaipur Packages
Jaipur Tour Packages
|Jaipur Jodhpur Jaisalmer | Bestseller Rajasthan Tour Package||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 15199.0|
|Jaipur To Pushkar Tour||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 13455.0|
|Jaipur Udaipur Jodhpur Jaisalmer | Fall in Love with Rajasthan||8 Days / 7 Nights||₹ 22550.0|
|Explore Golden Triangle beyond Taj Mahal||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 22424.0|
|Jaipur Jodhpur Udaipur | Explore the Pink, Blue and White Cities||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 16099.0|
Jaipur is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and the best way to make the most of your trip to the famous Pink City of India is by booking Jaipur tour packages. These tour packages organized by Thrillophilia give you a comprehensive tour of the city, along with a deep insight into the rich culture and history that this place is known for. Jaipur packages also include a wealth of activities, adventures, sightseeing tours, beautiful hotels to stay in and provisions to sample the wonderful local cuisine that Jaipur is renowned for.
While travelling can be quite intimidating, you can plan a stress-free vacation with Thrillophilia when you book our tour packages. Jaipur trip packages are inclusive of all the elements of a memorable vacation, starting from your flight to the city and a well-planned and personalized Jaipur tour, right till your flight back home. You don’t have to worry about any of these logistical details when you are travelling with Thrillophilia, and you can only concentrate on exploring this rich and colourful city and making lifelong memories.
One of the best features of these Jaipur packages is the fact that they are cost-effective. You can avail a number of deals and offers that allow you to experience Jaipur at a huge discount! Certain adventures like hiking, paragliding, hot air balloon rides, came rides and fort tours, which are much sought-after in Jaipur can be enjoyed at a subsidized rate when you book them as part of your tour packages. These deals and offers make sure that you enjoy your holiday without burning a hole in your pocket. Jaiour packages are also inclusive of personalized elements such as romantic dinners, family tours, solo traveller’s adventures and many more customizations that come together to create a tailor-made holiday, just for you.
1. Amer Fort: The Amer Fort or the Amber Palace is possibly the most iconic structure in Jaipur city and an essential part of your Jaipur tour packages. The construction of the fort was initiated by Raja Man Singh I in 1592, who served under the Mughal emperor – Akbar.
Places to Visit on Jaipur Trip:
In 2013, UNESCO declared the fort a World Heritage Site because of its unique history and cultural significance. The fort has four courtyards and is made with sandstone and marble. There are also many temples and other unique elements that you can explore when visiting the Amer Fort.
2. City Palace Jaipur: The beautiful City Palace in Jaipur was built by the founder of the city- Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. In fact, the royal family of Jaipur still resides in the palace. The palace, apart from being an architectural marvel, is also home to a wonderful museum where you can check out the many interesting facets of Rajput and Rajasthani history.
3. Jantar Mantar: The beautiful Jantar Mantar in Jaipur is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and also the largest sundial in the world. It is an astronomical observatory made completely out of stone.
The structure was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, who built similar structures in various places in his kingdom including Delhi, Mathura, Ujjain and Varanasi, although the one in Jaipur is the largest and most remarkable.
4. Nahargarh Fort: Built in the year 1734 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the Nahargarh Fort is a remarkable landmark on the horizon of Jaipur city. A tour of the Nahargarh Fort as part of your Jaipur sightseeing package.
The name Nahargarh translates directly to “the abode of tigers”, which does justice to the massive fort and its patriotic history, where thousands of Rajput soldiers fortified the city against invaders. You can catch a wonderful view of the entire city of Jaipur from its roof.
5. Albert Hall Museum: The Albert Hall Museum is one of the most beautiful places in Jaipur City and also one of the most culturally significant. The museum is a converted palace which is also renowned for its architecture.
It is also home to some of the most interesting artefacts from the history of Rajasthan and the rule of the Rajputs including pottery items, swords, weapons, etc.
6. Galtaji Temple: A trip to the Galtaji Temple as part of your Jaipur packages is bound to yield a memorable time for you and your loved ones. Located within the premises of the City Palace, the temple encompasses traditional history along with natural beauty.
It is fringed by the beautiful Aravalli Hills and has a clean man made water tank in front of it. A lot of people frequent this temple to attend the religious ceremonies and chants that take place here.
7. Jal Mahal: Located in the middle of the Sagar Lake is the serene and peaceful palace that is Jal Mahal. It is a literal palace that has been built on the lake that has been now converted to a World Heritage Site and Museum, where you can explore the rich and colourful past of Jaipur.
While you can see most of the palace above the surface of the lake, there are 4 more floors that are submerged underwater. It is truly an architectural marvel and an essential stop in your Jaipur tour packages.
8. Abhaneri Stepwell: The Abhaneri Stepwell is one of the most photographed stepwells in the world and is another historical architectural marvel that makes Jaipur city so unique.
When you book a trip to the Abhaneri Stepwell as part of your Jaipur tour packages, you can learn about how it served as a reservoir for the villagers who used it to draw water during the dry months. The unique feature about this stepwell is that it has remained untarnished and intact over hundreds of years since it was built.
9. Johari Bazaar: Jaipur is known for the many unique handicraft items, jewellery, food items, textiles and accessories that are hand-made here. These typical souvenir items are created with a technique that are hundreds of years old, and can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
One of the best places where you can shop for these items is in Johari Bazaar, which is open through most of the day. You must absolutely visit this beautiful bazaar as part of your Jaipur tour packages, for a wholesome and authentic local experience.
10. Hawa Mahal: The iconic Hawa Mahal was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. This airy palace was built in a way that wind would circulate automatically through its many rooms and corridors, as it still does, several centuries after its construction.
It is considered an architectural marvel all over the world and is a structure that you absolutely can’t miss on your Jaipur tour.
Things to Do on Jaipur Tour:Here are some of the best things to do on Jaipur tour:
1. Shopping at local Markets: Any of the Jaipur tour Packages is incomplete without a trip to the local markets where you can shop for numerous beautiful souvenirs. Bapu Bazaar and Sireh Deori are the most famous locations to shop at.
From juttis to bandhej and leheriya printed wearables, you will get to shop for many famous local items. The markets here also have small shops selling the authentic blue pottery items like kitchenware and showpieces, thus you will be offered numerous items to take back home.
2. Visit Amber Fort: Visiting a historical fort which exhibits the beauty of ancient architecture lets you enjoy many scenic sights. The Amber fort is home to many beautiful locations and hosts a light and sound show everyday which can be enjoyed by anyone who visits there.
Exhibiting the beauty of Indian and Mughal architecture, the fort offers numerous beautiful backdrops perfect to click some authentic pictures.
3. Enjoy a Rajasthani food tasting tour: Rajasthani food is famous everywhere for its varied spices and authentic recipes. When in Jaipur, you can indulge in numerous food tours in which you can taste delicacies like Dal Baati and Laal Maans.
You will find numerous famous locations here which serve some of the most tasteful dishes made using authentic recipes. Places like 1135 AM, Chochi Dhani and Virasat are some famous spots here where you can relish on many original recipes.
4. Attend a Global Level Event: When in Jaipur, try enjoying a day at Jaipur Literature Festival and get to meet numerous writers. People from all over the world attend this convention in the month of January and the event has hosted numerous popular celebrities and personalities including the 14th Dalai Lama, Salman Rushdie, Stephen Fry and many more. From small food stalls to souvenir shops, the event exhibits a carnival like experience.
5. Take a Wildlife Safari: Once a former hunting area of the Maharajas of Jaipur, the Ranthambore National park has been developed into a wildlife sanctuary now. Housing a wide variety of animals and birds, this park lets you enjoy numerous safaris and tours.
Marvelling at numerous animals like tigers and sloth bears resting in their natural habitat is common here. This place is truly an adventure lover's delight and houses numerous handicraft stores from where you can shop for numerous souvenirs.
6. Enjoy a Fancy car race: Jaipur has been home to the royals for ages, thus finding some extensive variety of cars is common here. The Rajputana Sports Car Club houses around 100 such vintage cars for the car lovers.
Every year, a race is held and specialised divers are assigned to run these beautiful cars on the tracks. The show is undoubtedly eye catching and offers a nice opportunity for tourists to glance at these royal vintage cars.
7. Indulge in a Royal Sport: When at Jaipur, everything you do has a hint of royalty to it. One such sport is elephant polo in which you get to play polo while riding an elephant.
This princely game was only allowed for the royals to play, however now everyone can try their hands on it. Dera Amer is one such place where you can indulge in this adrenaline rushing game and enjoy a playful session with your loved ones.
8. Party till you drop at numerous night clubs: Apart from being a hub for culture, Jaipur is also famous for its lively nightlife. You will find numerous night clubs and cafes here perfect to party at.
From royal clubs serving alcoholic beverages to chic nightclubs hosting the best parties of the town, the array of entertainment options in the night in Jaipur is endless. Be it the blended cocktails or the famous DJs, the clubs of Jaipur offer all kinds of joyous experiences.
9. Enjoy the panoramic view of the beautiful hills: Around the spectacular Aravalli hills, you will be offered a chance to hop on a hot air balloon and enjoy a scenic ride through the clouds.
Soar high in the sky and enjoy a birds eye view of the whole valley below you. As thrilling as this activity may be, it has a little romantic aspect too. You can opt for a morning session of this ride and enjoy the beautiful sunrise with your other half.
10. Feed the giants: Elephants and camels have been an integral part of Rajasthani culture and many fun and thrilling activities include them in it. However, at Elephantastic Elephant farm, it is all about saving and nourishing them.
The park is famous for its elephant feeding sessions, bathing activities and walking tours. This is a sanctuary for nature lovers as all these big animals can be seen resting here without any harm. The park also hosts some learning activities in which you are taught how to communicate with these elephants.
Best Time for Jaipur Tour:November to February are considered to be the best months to enjoy a trip to Jaipur. Around this time the weather remains cool and it becomes easy to visit multiple tourist places in a single day. Also, in the month of January, Jaipur Literature Fest is organised which attracts loads of tourists from all over the world.
Check out a variety of Ladakh tour package from several Indian cities, such as: Jaipur Tour Package From Bangalore, Jaipur Tour Package From Delhi, Jaipur Tour Package From Mumbai, Jaipur Tour Package From Chennai, Jaipur Tour Package From Kolkata, Jaipur Tour Package From Hyderabad. Jaipur Tour Package From Pune, Jaipur Tour Package From Ahmedabad, Jaipur Tour Package From Lucknow
People Also Ask About Jaipur Tours
Which are the best selling Jaipur tour packages?Here are the best Jaipur trip packages:
1. 5D/4N Sightseeing in Jaipur and Ranthambore2. Delhi Mathura Agra Jaipur Tour Package
3. Jaipur Bikaner Jaisalmer Jodhpur Udaipur Tour Package
4. Jaipur Udaipur Tour Package
5. Jaipur Jodhpur Jaisalmer Tour Packag
What are the famous adventure activities to do on the Jaipur tour?1. ATV Rides at Motorsports Park: If you are an adventure buff you must include this activity in your Jaipur holiday package. Home to numerous turvy tracks, this park is famous for providing you a chance to enjoy bike and buggy rides. From ATV to RZR, every ride can be enjoyed here, making it a popular and adventurous group activity. The park also holds numerous racing tracks on which you can take part in a friendly race with your friends and family.
2. Rifle Shooting: One of the most thrilling experiences providing you with the much required adrenaline rush is Rifle Shooting. In Jaipur, you can try your hands on shooting by visiting Star Shooting academy and learning this thrilling activity. The academy takes care of all safety measures and provides the trained with jackets and earcovers.
3. Jungle Safari: The forests of Jaipur are home to many beautiful species of plants and animals which can be spotted by availing a safari at Elfanjoy Jaipur. From deers to peacocks and from leopards to snakes, you can enjoy the sights of many rare animals resting in their natural habitat. You can also enjoy such jeep safaris at the Nahargarh Biological Reserve and Jhalana Park, which houses animals like lions and sloth bears.
4. Hot Air Ballooning: The skies of Jaipur offer you a chance to traverse around and enjoy the scenic panoramas of the valleys below you. You can easily gaze at the beautiful and majestic forts located around the Aravalli range. This activity is fun as well as thrilling at the same time.
5. Trekking: The beautiful landscapes of Jaipur are home to numerous scenic trails leading to difficult destinations. One such trekking area is towards the Hathni Kund in which you will b etraversing the paths through numerous dunes, old temples and whatnot. The trekking route is not too difficult and anyone having a little knowledge can complete it.
Which are the best places to visit in Jaipur for a cultural tour?1. Nahargarh Fort: The Nahargarh Fort is one of the most beautiful places in Jaipur and also one of the most culturally significant. It was built by Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1734 as a fortification for the city against outside invaders. Since then, it has served as an important landmark and you can catch a wonderful view of the city from its ramparts.
2. Bapu Bazaar: One of the best ways to explore a city’s culture is by walking through its marketplaces. Bapu Bazaar in Jaipur is a quintessential part of your Jaipur tour packages, where you can purchase typical Rajasthani products such as textiles, handicraft items, precious stones, etc.
3. Jaigarh Fort: This is another wonderful fort that was built by Sawai Jai Singh II. It is an architectural marvel and offers the most breathtaking panoramic view of the entire city of Jaipur. It is a testament to the rich and glorious past of Jaipur.
4. Jal Mahal: The Jal Mahal is a palace that is literally floating on the surface of a lake. The palace once served as a recreational retreat and shooting ground for the Maharajas of Jaipur for centuries. The architectural brilliance and the sheer effect of a palace in the middle of the lake makes it a highlight on your Jaipur tour.
5. Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing: One of the most remarkable aspects of Jaipur’s culture is its textile and handicrafts industry. The Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing catalogues the colourful history of Jaipur’s textiles and handicraft workers, along with showcasing techniques such as block printing that is unique to the area.
6. Hawa Mahal: All comprehensive Jaipur tour packages would be incomplete without a tour of the famous Hawa Mahal. Built-in 1799, the Hawa Mahal is considered to be a one-of-a-kind structure that showcases the architectural prowess of the Rajput architects.
The building is such that it traps air, which makes a natural breeze circulate the corridors and rooms at all times. The red and pink façade of the building makes it even more striking.
How many days are enough for Jaipur?Jaipur packages of 5 to 7 days are enough to enjoy the beautiful destinations of this Pink City. From a night out in the chic clubs to indulging in local food at Chokhi Dhani, every entertaining activity can be done in these 5 days. The city is home to so many wonderful locations that every day of the trip will be equipped and no time goes by without having any fun.
Is Jaipur worth visiting?The charming city of Jaipur is home to numerous ancient marvels, which are undoubtedly worth a visit. Places like Jantar Mantar and Amber fort exhibit the wonders of ancient architecture and let you click numerous memorable pictures in front of some scenic backdrops. The food and the adventurous experience one can enjoy here add some more stars to the trip.
What to buy in Jaipur?When enjoying a Jaipur holiday packages make sure you shop for souvenirs like:
- Leheriya Saree
- Bandhani Dupatta
- Meenakari Work Items
- Embroidered Bed Sheets
- Jaipur Handcrafted Handbags
- Blue Pottery
- Lac Bangles
- Miniature Paintings
- Kundan Work
- Block Print home linen
- Jaipuri Blankets and Rugs.
Is Jaipur or Udaipur better?Both cities are equally fascinating if you want a flavour of Rajasthan. While Udaipur, which is known as the City of Lakes is more relaxed with a limited number of sightseeing spots and palaces, Jaipur can offer guests a multitude of experiences, through its many forts and palaces, lakes, mountains, cultural history and much more.
How can I plan for two days in Jaipur?Your 2-day itinerary can include the following activities when you are visiting Jaipur:
- Day 1: On the first day, you can check out some of the most iconic landmarks in the city as part of your Jaipur packages including Amer Fort, Jal Mahal, the Abhaneri Stepwell and the Jaipur City Palace.
- Day 2: You can explore the cultural aspects of the city on day 2, starting with a tour of the Hawa Mahal, followed by a food tour through some of the iconic street food haunts and restaurants. You can also visit the Albert Hall Museum, do some shopping in the bazaars and catch the sunset from a viewpoint over the Nahargarh Fort.
Is Jaipur safe for solo female travellers?Yes, Jaipur is considered very safe for solo female travellers. There are special Jaipur holiday packages that are crafted especially for them so that they can explore this beautiful city without feeling unsafe or losing track of their surroundings. However, despite the well-planned packages, you can explore the city on foot quite safely, since it is frequented by thousands of tourists every year.
What are the romantic things to do on Jaipur trip?Here is the list of best romantic things to do on Jaipur trip:
1. Dinner date in the Nahargarh Fort: The Nahargarh Fort dominates the Jaipur skyline and houses the famous Padao Restaurant which offers a stunning panoramic view of the city laid out beneath you. This is the perfect place for a date, as it encompasses the spirit of Jaipur perfectly while offering an incredibly romantic experience.
2. Excursion to the Sisodia Rani Garden: This beautiful garden was built by Raja Sawai Singh in 1728 as a token of love for his wife and queen – Sisodiya Rani. The entire garden is painted with beautiful images of Radha and Krishna, and planted with flowers and small seating stations. It is a very romantic place to explore with your partner.
3. Stay at the Samode Palace: Located in the outskirts of the city is one of the most beautiful hotels in India – Samode Palace. The erstwhile palace is a quiet and secluded place with intricate architecture and gems and jewels inlaid into the walls. You can get the proper royal treatment with your loved ones when you are here.
4. Experience the culture at Chokhi Dhani: Chokhi Dhani is a wonderful village resort where you can enjoy elephant rides, watch cultural performances and shows and dances, eat some of the best local Rajasthani food and have a great time in general.
Which are the best places to stay while on a Jaipur tour?Here is the list of best places to stay while on a Jaipur tour:
1. Rambagh Palace: Providing you with a Princely stay, this luxury Resorts of Jaipur aim to offer the guests an array of the best services and top notch facilities. From personal pools to Jacuzzi and from the royal in-house restaurants to rejuvenating spas, every facility can be availed here.
Location: Bhawani Singh Road, Rambagh, Jaipur.
2. Hotel Pearl Palace: Hotel Pearl Palace is the best option to stay when travelling on a budget. Offering you with all basic necessities, this stay aims to provide you with all basic necessities, that too without costing much.
Location: 51, Hathroi Fort, Hari Kishan Somani Marg, Ajmer Road, Near Vidhayakpuri Police Station, Jaipur.
3. Golden Tulip Hotel Jaipur: Providing you a vibe of home away from home, this hotel equipped with everything you find in your home. Offering everything from well furnished rooms to the garden area and from a caretaker to a close proximity to a famous tourist destination, this is the best stay to choose if you are travelling with your family or a large group of friends.
Location: Kalyan Nagar.
4. The Raj Palace: One of the famous boutique resorts in Jaipur, this luxury hotel exhibits few elements of the Mughal Period. From its beautiful interior to the spectacular architecture, a stay here will let you feel like the Royals.
From a relaxing pool to a health club, the stay aims to offer you the best staycation of your life. Many suites here are dotted with numerous artefacts from the collection of Royal Families.
Location: Zorawar Singh Gate, Amer Road, 302002 Jaipur, India.
What to do at night in Jaipur?1. Dine like the royals: When in Jaipur, enjoy a dinner in a way royals used to have. Get a chance to enjoy a delightful dinner inside Amer Fort and taste numerous regional delicacies. From Laal maans to special Dal Bati Churma, you can enjoy so many dishes in the very own restaurant of Amer Fort - the 1135 AD.
2. Enjoy the panoramic views of the whole city from Nahargarh Fort: A visit to the sprawling and beautiful Nahargarh Fort will let you enjoy the beautiful 360 degrees views of the whole city from high above. The place gets its charm in the night when one can easily marvel at the sight of the shining city.
3. Visit one of the chic clubs: Jaipur tours are incomplete without visiting its dapper clubs like the Playboy Club and Jaipur Bar Stock Exchange. These places are famous for offering the best cocktails and numerous famous DJ’s perform there.
4. Experience traditional Rajasthan in Chokhi Dhani: Visiting Rajasthan and not having its traditional food is not an option. Places like Chokhi Dhani let you enjoy the taste of local spices in the delicacies prepared by some talented local chefs. In addition to the food, you can also indulge in numerous activities like the human size snake and ladders and marvel at the regional Kalbelia Dance.
Which are the famous shopping places in Jaipur?1. Johri Bazaar: Undoubtedly one of the best places for shopping in Jaipur, you can find almost anything when you are here. You can buy gold and silver, along with handicraft items, block printed textiles, Rajasthani sarees and much more.
2. Bapu Bazaar: A trip to Bapu Bazaar as part of your Jaipur tour packages is a must. It is the embroidery hub of Jaipur, where you can watch craftsmen working on the textiles with their own hands. It is also a place where you can buy colourful Lac bangles and lac jewellery.
3. Badi Chaupar: Located close to the Hawa Mahal is this shopping paradise, where you can find everything that Jaipur is famous for. If you are short for time, you can head over here to pick up whatever you want, including jewellery, bedsheets, embroidered textiles, sarees, lehengas, dupattas, and much more.
4. Nehru Bazaar: Jaipur is known for its colourful mojris and juttis, which you can find in Nehru Bazaar. This is another fascinating stop on your Jaipur sightseeing package, where you can choose from thousands and thousands of colourful mojris to take back home with you.
Which are the best places for food tasting in Jaipur?1. Rawat Mishthan Bhandar: Jaipur is known for its savoury street snacks and one of the best places where you can sample this is in Rawat Mishthan Bhandar. Even though this is typically a restaurant, it is also a famous snack shop where you can stop for a bite to eat. They serve over 50 varieties of sweets as well. Make sure you try their famous pyaaz kachori when you are here.
2. Masala Chowk: Masala Chowk is an open-air food court of sorts where you can try various different food items and cuisines as part of your Jaipur holiday packages. Some of the popular items that can be found here include fresh jalebis, gol gappa, samosa, tea, and other items that Jaipur is famous for. The beautifully decorated food court is a famous spot for locals and tourists alike.
3. Chokhi Dhani: Rajasthan has a very distinct cuisine that has unique desserts, meat preparations, and unique vegetarian options. One of the most sought-after restaurants in Jaipur where you can sample all of the above and more is Chokhi Dhani which is a high-end diner for guests to enjoy this delicious cuisine.
Which are the famous forts to visit on Jaipur tour?1. Nahargarh Fort: The most remarkable fort, fringing the horizon of Jaipur City, is the Nahargarh Fort which was built as a fortification to protect the city and its inhabitants against frequent attacks by foreign invaders. It was built in 1734 and is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city.
2. Amer Fort: All Jaipur tour packages are incomplete without a trip to the Amer Fort, also known as Amber Palace. The architecture of the place marries both Mughal and Rajput elements and is a magnificent place to explore, surrounded by lakes, mountains and its rich cultural history.
3. Jaigarh Fort: Another stunning fort in Jaipur is the Jaigarh Fort, whose prime attraction is the Jaivan canon. It is the largest cannon on wheels in the entire world. The fort also offers a breathtaking view of the city of Jaipur.
Which are the famous heritage havelis to visit in Jaipur?1. Rambagh Palace: Rambagh Palace is the ultimate seat of luxury and royalty in Jaipur. What used to be a magnificent palace has now been converted into one of the best luxury hotels in India. It boasts of 47 acres of stunning Mughal gardens.
2. Royal Heritage Haveli: Built in the 1700s by Madho Singh ji, this is one of the most intimate and well-preserved heritage havelis that you can explore and stay in when you are in Jaipur. The place is characterised by its friendly inhabitants, staff and beautiful gardens.So, you have another exciting place to include in your Jaipur tour packages.
3. Samode Haveli: The mirror-work walls, the four-corner courtyard and the hand-painted frescoes make Samode haveli one of the oldest and most beautiful heritage havelis in Jaipur.
4. Khandela Haveli: Located in the centre of the Pink City is the Khandela Haveli, which offers you a true Rajasthani experience. You can check our puppet shows, dine on the terrace and walk around the charming courtyard. These are the must-visit attractions in Jaipur packages.
Should I visit Nahargarh Fort on my Jaipur tour? What is it famous for?
A visit to Jaipur is incomplete without a visit to the historically famous Nahargarh Fort. The fort was built in 1734 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The fort was built as a royal retreat and was not meant to be used for the purpose of war.the fort is famous for many reasons but the 2 most striking features are:
1) The fort is built on tip of the Aravalli Hills and offers a captivating view of the valley and the city of Jaipur.
2) Built inside the fort is the Sheesh Mahal, a complex whose walls and ceiling is covered completely with glass. This Mahal or Palace is a true visual delight and speaks to the architectural capabilities of the Maharajas of Jaipur.
Which is the best place for a hot air balloon tour in Jaipur?
The best place for hot air balloon rides in Jaipur would be the Amber Fort. You get the chance to see the breath-taking aerial views of Amber Fort as well as traditional Indian villages that surround the fort.
The rich heritage and architecture of Jaipur have rendered it to the name ‘Paris of India’, and Jawahar Kala Kendra is no different. It resides at the heart of this Pink City and attracts many tourists due to its cultural significance. It is en route the Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg. The architectural design of Jawahar Kala Kendra was laid out by the renowned MIT graduate Mr Charles Correa. The structure of this building is similar in appearance to the nine grids of our solar system.The walls and high ceilings are interspersed with elegant artwork from ancient and modern times, which only adds to the aesthetic appeal of the place. Theatres of Jawahar Kala KendraThe theatre at Jawahar Kala Kendra hosts frequent performances by artists, students and scholars that make for an engaging platform of profound creativity. It is constructed out of three theatres – 1 open and two closed. Most of the youngsters come to the open theatre and perform or act out their dramas, dance forms or other culturally eloquent forms of acting. The other two theatres are called Rangayan and Krishnan. Rangayan is mostly a haven for modern plays and playwrights debuting their dramas on-stage. On the other hand, Krishnayan hosts various Rajasthani festivals inviting artists from all across India. This theatre hosts distinct performances in varying styles and outcome and a major tourist attraction of Jaipur. Kala Galleries, Exhibitions and MuseumThe Alankar Museum is one of the most popular museums in Rajasthan and is situated within the peripherals of Jawahar Kala Kendra. They have a repertoire of music that stirs the soul, artworks and sculptors decorating these galleries and museums, enhancing every instrument required to produce a masterpiece. The exhibitions held portray exquisite craftsmanship and blue pottery items available on sale.
Standing tall overlooking the city of Jaipur, Nahargarh Fort is a monumental edifice built by Sawai Madho Singh in the eighteenth century. The fort is situated on Cheel ka Teela (Hill of Eagles) and Nahargarh means “abode of tigers”. Nahargarh fort along with Amer Fort and Jaigarh Fort once formed a strong defense around the city of Jaipur. However, Nahargarh fort was also used as a summer retreat by the Jaipur kings considering that there are several palaces, temples and landscaped gardens within its complex. There is an extended wall at Nahargarh Fort which connects it to Jaigarh Fort.The Madhavendra Palace is the hotspot attraction at the fort which has an opulent suite for the king and nine suites for his concubines. The Madhavendra palace looks spellbindingly magnificent and the walls of the suites are intricately designed with delicate fresco paintings.Within the fort lies the famous Nahargarh Biological Park and a zoo that gives tourists a sneak peek into the wilderness of the regions like Asiatic lions and Bengal tigers. Another huge attraction is the Sculpture Park that has astounding pieces of sculpture on display at the Madhavendra Palace. The fort complex even has two restaurants that offer breathtaking views of the city below and serves zesty Indian cuisine.History of Nahargarh Fort Nahargarh Fort was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1734. Interestingly, the fort was never attacked during the entire history. But, historical events in the eighteenth century like the signing of treaties with Maratha forces happened at the fort.The fort also has another intriguing history attached to it. During the construction of the fort, something things strange used to happen every single day; whatever was built during the day used to collapse at night. The King believed that the construction work was hindered by the restless spirit of Rathore prince, Nahar Singh Bhomia. So, based on the advice of astrologers, the king decided to build a temple devoted to him and also name the fort on his name to honor him. After doing so, the construction works of the fort went unhindered.The architecture of Nahargarh FortThe imposing Nahargarh Fort has been built in the Indo-European style of architecture and is decked up with scalloped archways, domed ceilings, and sprawling gardens. The tall exterior walls of the fort run for several kilometres and the main entrance of the fort, Padi Gate stands as a testimony to the magnificent architecture. The most prominent structure within the Nahargarh Fort is Madhavendra Bhawan aka Madhavendra Palace. This two-story palace was built by King Sawai Madho Singh for himself and his nine queens. The palace features one majestic suite for the king himself and nine identical suites for his nine wives. The suites are lavish with bedrooms, lobby, kitchen, and a store. An open-air corridor connects all the suites. Interestingly, the suites are built in such a way that the king can visit one of his nine wives without the knowledge of the other eight wives. Another amazing structure is the Diwan-i-Aam, which is a sprawling hall where the king addressed the grievances of his subjects. There are also two temples within Nahargarh Fort - one for the deity of Jaipur rulers and another one for Rathore prince, Nahar Singh Bhomia.
City Palace is situated right in the middle of Old Jaipur which covers one-seventh of that area. The construction of the palace dates back to 1732, but it still looks fresh and crisp as it always would have been. The entire palace is divided into distinct parts which includes courtyards, gardens, palaces and more. A portion of the palace has also been turned into a museum where you can witness all the antiques and belongings of the royal family.This beautiful palace represents the rich culture Jaipur still holds on to. You will find a perfect blend of the Rajputana with Mughal and European style of architecture. The vast property represents the grandeur and heritage of the royal families of the bygone era. The walls are beautifully sculpted and decorated with mirrors and hand paintings. You will also witness how detailed the carvings are done on the roofs of the palaceThe entire palace becomes a window which gives you the privilege to peek into the stories of the past and the true sense of the authentic culture adopted by Jaipur.You can buy some souvenirs from the market just outside the palace to take a part of the richness of the local culture along with you and cherish the journey from present to 1732 and so on.History of City Palace - Jaipur is considered to be the first-ever city from medieval times, which was planned well. The City Palace is the one-seventh part of the entire old Jaipur. The idea of constructing this beautiful palace erupted in the mind of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. He called the Bengali architect Vidyadhar Bhattacharya and Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob to design the Jaipur city. They infused Mughal and European style of architecture with the traditional Rajputi architecture. The construction began in the year 1729 and lasted till 1732. The entire palace has small palaces, well-maintained gardens, beautifully carved courtyards, open terraces and more.Further Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar were added in the premises along with the outer walls of the palace. The complete structure represented the rich culture and heritage of the ancient state. Though this palace was completed, the process of making it more beautiful lasted until the early 20th century. It is still preserved carefully along with all the belongings inside the palace put on display.Architecture of City Palace - The City Palace is a marvellous blend of Rajputi, Mughal and European style of architecture. The design of the property follows the ‘Vastu Shastra’ which is said to be facilitating the art of living and the atmosphere inside the house. The entire palace is structured in ‘Grid Style’ having four gates to enter and exit, namely ‘Tripolia Gate’, ‘Udai Pol’, ‘Virendra Pol’, and ‘Jaleb Chowk’. It also consists of various palaces, gardens, courtyards, temples, terraces, balconies and patios which are beautified by latticework, jali work, carved marbles and inlaid ornamentations. The walls reflect the authentic Mughal style which features distinct murals, mirrors and latticework. A unique feature found in Pritam Niwas Chowk is that it has four gates, which depicts all the four seasons. First one is Mor Gate which portrays Autumn Season, then it is Leheriya Gate which represents spring season followed by Rose gate drawing winters and Lotus gate painting a picture of the summer season. All this makes the entire palace a remarkable structure left behind by history.