About Phuket FantaSea
Located on Kamala Beach, Phuket FantaSea is a state-of-the-art cultural theme park. It’s known for its Thai theatre, fine dining options, and a colorful event that features the bliss of a magical elephant.The first attraction at the Phuket FantaSea is the Palace of Elephants, which is a 3000 seat amphitheater.
The exhibit of the story of the Legend of Kingdom here would be a fun-filled adventure for you. It presents a fantastic blend of music, fireworks, and dance to embrace your presence. What makes this show a more special one is the presence of Prince Kamala’s towering figure there.
Built across a land stretch of 140 acres, the Phuket FantaSea offers you an unrivaled experience of shopping on the street. While you are busy shopping for your favorite souvenirs, make sure to reserve some vacant space to buy some elephant-related souvenirs and trinkets. These are the signature stuff being sold at the Carnival Village Shopping Paradise.
Phuket FantaSea is popular for its live street performances where you get to know about the local culture and traditions of Phuket. Your children will love chatting with the carnival mascots that forms the central attraction of this street performance. Watch for a plethora of traditional arts and crafts exhibition performed by the local craftsperson.
Set sometime free to enjoy a sumptuous meal at the Golden Kinnaree buffet restaurant. This restaurant is situated juxtaposed in no small dining center. As there’s a Lotus Lake nearby, you can surely enjoy your lunch with a beautiful backdrop.
Do not forget to mark the presence of a magnificent half-bird, the statues of Kinarrees, and a half-woman figurine of the Thai mythology here.
How to Reach Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea is located at a minimal distance of 27 km from Phuket International Airport. If you are self-driving in your private car, you need to opt two different routes – Route 4030 and Route 4031 to transfer you to your final destination. You can expect a drive of 45 minutes to get you there. Else, there are hired taxi services to transport you between the two points at a charge of 1200 INR to 1500 INR per trip.
You can even opt for a bus ride from Phuket International Airport to Phuket FantaSea Bus Station. Your bus journey will cost you around 280 to 400 INR per head. It will consume approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes of your overall journey time.
Best Time to Visit Phuket FantaSea
November to May is the best time to plan your visit to Phuket FantaSea. This is the off-season time when you can expect good deals on your Phuket journey and, of course, on the entry prices for the Phuket FantaSea.
As it is an off-season, you do not need to wait for your turn to enjoy your meal or show at the Phuket FantaSea. Besides, the weather in Phuket remains more or less pleasant throughout this period, thereby facilitating your visit to other nearby attractions in Phuket.
What Not to Miss at Phuket FantaSea
Things to do near Phuket FantaSea -
Explore the magnificence of the Phang Nga Bay –
1. Phang Nga Bay- offers incredible scenery to keep you engaged for a longer haul. You have a lot many ways to explore the region. Either go for a late evening cruising adventure or canoeing through enclosed lagoons and the mysterious caves. The most comfortable way is by planning on a private cruise adventure with your family. The landscapes of Phang Nga will bless you with a relaxing and memorable experience.
Distance from the Phuket FantaSea – 44.1 km
2. Go for a solo trip to the Phi Phi Island – Acknowledged as one of the most beautiful archipelago’s formed by immense cliffs and fantastic beaches, the Phi Phi Island is simply amazing. Since ages, this place has remained one of the hotspots amongst youths for planning their night out parties.
Distance from the Phuket FantaSea – 59.1 km.
3. Embrace the architectural brilliance of the Big Buddha of Phuket – If you want to add a traditional touch to your Phuket tour, it is good to plan a short visit to the white marble statue of the Big Buddha. Admeasuring around 45 meters in its height, a visit to the Big Buddha is simply one of the generous things while you are in Phuket. Just make sure to check the dressing requirements while visiting this holy shrine.
Distance from the Phuket FantaSea – 32.1 km.
4. Experience the wilderness of the Elephants –There are a lot of elephant sanctuaries and exciting retirement camps in Phuket. Here, you can enjoy playing with this magnificent creature. You can get along with the staff there and have an interaction about how they prepare the animal feed. If you are really interested in feeding them, you may even fulfil your wish under their guidance and supervision.
Distance from the Phuket FantaSea – 12.8 km.
5. Partying at Bangla Road – Whether you are a party animal or not, Bangla Road promises you to get on the dance floor. The fun and excitement that resides here at the Bangla Road is simply mesmerizing. This is a colorful and vibrant street featuring numerous restaurants, cafes, bars, and of course, shopping destinations.
Distance from the Phuket FantaSea – 11.9 km.
Other Essential Information About Phuket FantaSea
1. Location – 99 Kamala, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, Thailand.
2. Timing - The Phuket FantaSea remains functional on all days except Thursday. You can walk in and out of this wonderland at any point in time between 05:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
3. Price -
Show – 1800 THB per adult and 1800 THB per child.
Show with Gold Seat – 2100 THB per adult and 2100 THB per child.
Show & Buffet Dinner – 2200 THB per adult and 2000 THB per child.
Show and Seafood Buffet Dinner – 3300 THB per adult and 3100 THB per child.
Show with a Gold Seat and a Buffet Dinner – 2500 THB per adult and 2300 THB per child.Show with a Gold Seat and a Buffet Dinner – 3600 THB per adult and 3300 per child.
Note – Infants below 100 cm won't be charged any entry fees. Also, they won't be served with any theatre seats.
Activities at Phuket FantaSea
Here’s why a visit to Phuket FantaSea is a must to try adventure for one and all –
1. Be a part of the grand Phuket FantaSea Show – This is a highly popular show amongst the fans and followers of the Phuket FantaSea. Here, you get to see a lot of performances by professional dancers and a good count of adult elephants. The performers of the show exhibit a bliss of their traditional culture and interactively narrate the legend of Kamala.
2. Explore the magnificence of The Park – The Phuket FantaSea park is immensely designed to entertain all its visitors well-before the grand commencement of the show. Apart from the various attractions, and figurines here, you can explore the myriads of shops that are situated here. Besides, there are regular fun-fairs here to keep your kids engaged. You can get some clicks standing besides stuffed magnificent animals here. The entire park revolves around the theme of Thai mythology, which provides you endless moments for clicking pictures and selfies.
3. Enjoy dinner at Golden Kinnaree Restaurant – Once you trespass the Thai Boats, there’s a fine dining option available for you to enjoy your favorite Thai delicacies and cuisines. The infrastructure of the Golden Kinnaree Restaurant resembles that of a magnificent golden temple. It features a large dining facility with a 4000-seat capacity. The golden facets is equipped with an intricate peak Thai style roof and have 2 long buffet counters. Both these buffet counters serve a plethora of Thai and international food mix. Besides, separate kiosks are selling some special local delicacies.
4. Embrace the elegance of The Setting – As soon as there’s an announcement for the show to commence, you will notice that the crowd starts rushing towards the amphitheater there. This is a large theatre encompassing a total count of 3000 persons at one go. It is always advisable to pre-book your tickets for the shows here as last moment inquiry will simply leave you rushing in a jiff.
The entertainment here starts with a massive elephant caravan walking in the direction of the audience present there. Immediately following them, you can see flocks of performers all dressed up in pure, traditionally designed Thai costumes. The show’s productivity is raised by numerous actors, performers, dancers, and acrobat artists. Occasionally, you may even witness some epic battle scenes and traditional and art exhibit depicting the local culture of Phuket.
Places to Eat in Phuket FantaSea –
There’s only one place to eat at the Phuket FantaSea –
1. The Golden Kinnaree Restaurant – This restaurant is famous for its massiveness and maintaining the tradition of a large buffet-style system. As a considerable crowd flock here at Phuket FantaSea every day, it is of paramount importance that there is no wastage of food is done. This is the reason why you have a single grand buffet system available here.
Talking about the architecture of the restaurant, it has got an intricate peaked roof resembling the Thai tradition. This Thai-style roof shelters numerous local figurines and statues, giving you appropriate moments to click some good pictures. There’s a cavernous hall featuring around 4000+ seats for all the visitors to sit and enjoy the local delicacies of Phuket. Juxtaposed the cavernous hall, you will find 2 long and straight buffet counters where the staff is ready to serve you with a plethora of Thai delicacies and cuisines.
At some tables, you may even enjoy international food variants too. In front of the room, you have other separate kiosks engaged in selling some unique food options. You can either club your meal with a deliciously tossed coffee or combine it with a scrumptious dessert.
Shows at Phuket FantaSea –
Phuket FantaSea is a massively popular show featuring tons of local artists, stage performers, and dancers along with a flock of adult elephants. The show begins with an entry of a caravan of a massive herd of elephants walking in the direction of the audience. These magnificent creatures are immediately followed by the local Thai performers dressed all the way long in their specially crafted Thai suites.
The real performance starts once all the cast crew reaches the center of the stage. Their entry is focused with a high backdrop of the light and sound effects. The main attraction of this show at the Phuket FantaSea is a broad narration of Kamala's history. In the initial five minutes of the show commencement, you won’t witness a single character entry from the history of Kamala. Meanwhile, you are busy listening to the narration, you will be distracted by the Thai flying angels and acrobat performers with their aerial acts overhead.
Once everything settles down, some scary clowns start peeping in through the Stephen King Novel to radiate some magical vibes. Occasionally, you might see some epic battle scenes from the history of Kamala for rescuing the princess. Lastly, the show ends with a grand thank for appeal from the cast crew and the silent escape of the elephants from the central stage.
Every night, the Phuket FantaSea Show is scheduled exactly at 09:00 pm. However, you need to be there at least half an hour before the gates of the theatre are opened sharp at 08:30 pm. Each show runs for 70 minutes.
On special occasions, they do have two different shows – one at 07:30 pm and the other sharp at 09:00 pm. You may inquire about these special dates at the ticket counter itself. Once the show ends, people start rushing towards the Golden Kinnaree Restaurant to enjoy their dinner. It is, therefore, better to arrive an hour before your preferred show timings.
Travelers' Tip for visiting Phuket FantaSea
Here are tips to consider before visiting the Phuket FantaSea –
1. You can book tickets from the official website of the Phuket FantaSea.
2. If you are a distant traveler, plan to accommodate yourself at the hotels in and around Patong Beach. They are top-rated tourist accommodation options in Phuket.
3. If you are planning to visit with your family during the Phuket FantaSea’s peak season, it is always advisable to pre-book your stay. Usually, tourist places witness a sudden hike in the charges of family rooms with the delays.
4. You won't be allowed to capture any pictures while the show is being scheduled.
5. No group discount policy will be applicable at the ticket purchase.
6. In case you feel to upgrade your ticket for international cuisine dinner or seafood, you can do so at the 5-star gourmet Suriyamas Gold. This will additionally charge you 1550 THB irrespective of your age group.
7. If you book for a round trip transfer service from your hotel in Phuket, you need to pay a sum of 350 THB per seat. For round trip transfer services from Khao Lak hotels, the transfer charges are 700 THB per head.