What to do in MauritiusBlack River Gorges National Park, Tamarind Falls, Le Morne Brabant, Skydiving, Ganga Talao, Horse Riding, Sea Karting, Flyn'Dive, Submarine Dive, Quad Biking, Hiking, Underwater walk, Swim with the dolphins and many more.
From visiting the massive new museums to attending intimate music festivals and art exhibitions, there are tons of things to do in Mauritius to partake in a journey of fun, entertainment, and eternal bliss. You can go to Tamarind Falls and visit Black River Gorges National Park to appreciate breathtaking views and witness flora and fauna. For added adventure and thrill, you can hike through the hilly terrains of Signal Mountain and enjoy an underwater walk at Grand Bay.
If you're confused about what to do in Mauritius with your partner, you can enjoy a romantic stroll at Cap Malheureux and swim with the dolphins in the serene waters of Tamarin Bay. You can also stock up souvenirs for your loved ones from Port Louis Central Market and enjoy the local delicacies at Amigo restaurant. Explore Trou Aux Cerfs, which is a dormant volcano located outside the center of Curepipe. If you're looking for a never ending adventure, Horse Riding on Belle Mare Beach's scenic coast should be your ideal choice. These unique experiences will give you tons of unforgettable memories and stories that you'll return home with.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Mauritius
Newly Added Mauritius Experience
We booked this honeymoon package to Mauritius from Delhi for around 6-7 days. And it was the first time both of us visiting Mauritius. We got time to travel and get to know one another. We had the best time with the team and a lifetime of memories to cherish. Cheers to the team.
I booked a trip to Mauritius, travelling all by myself it wasn’t going to be easy, so rather I decided to go with some experienced operator. And it was the best decision as the trip was undoubtedly awesome. Thanks for making my trip worth remembering. Wish to travel more.
I use Thrillophilia for 2 years and this booking platform gave us good packages and affordable prices, This time I took with an international trip to Mauritius with my life partner... I am already aware of the company policies, procedures, and service which I was very okay to plan my trip with them. For this package to, they suggested it to me and I've no regret at all deciding on this trip... Since the time we land at this place we were received by the professional staff and helps us with the paper procedure and all and the hotel they provided was nice with a warm welcome along with delicious welcome drinks and the staff there was friendly and kind, the place is truly breathtaking... The day tours we had in north islands, south islands and Ile Aux Cerf Island tour the sightseeing-spots and the activities we had at each place was exciting and impressive, the scenic beauty of the seas, white sandy beach, and the surrounding took our breath away with a nice photo at each... The shared transport was good and comfortable though... The place has a very rich culture and amazing people... Everlasting memories with my partner...
This being my first longest and an international trip I had... I am thankful to Thrillophilia for planning this amazing trip for me... Without the help and proper plan I would have never reached there, I appreciate the support and the service they gave me during my tour, The tour went exactly as in the itinerary which was well-planned and well-executed... The resort is at a great location with the amazing view we get from there. We had a great time enjoying the sightseeing-spots, adventure activities, and exploring the place...This trip was an amazing and memorable one for a lifetime.
So happy that we had the best-planned holiday with the entire family in Mauritius through Thrillophilia, They made sure that everything was properly organized and also ensured that we get everything as promised and need to be covered according to the package we choose, they even provided good service the entire trip and we did not face any kind of issues at all the whole trip. The resort they booked for us was very beautiful and the rooms were spacious and comfortable along with good service at any time and the staff were responsive, polite, and friendly... we had a wonderful stayed and the breakfast and dinner were served with freshly made and tasted like home... The transfered they arranged for us was a sharing one but very good no doubt... The place is truly beautiful by its scenic beauty, historical places, markets, culture, and traditions... The north islands, south islands, and Ile aux Cerf island tour was brilliant... we had great fun in many fun activities like watersport, shore activities and explored the place on our leisure time... Overall this trip was a fantastic trip which suitable for a family, couples and different type of group... 100% will recommend
Booked this tour through Thrillophilia and it turned out to be one of the best trips I have ever done, location, meals, everything was just great, in this price it was a bit surprising for me and was happy with it.
Recently we went to Mauritius, and it was one of the best trips we have ever been to. The place is so beautiful and mesmerizing, the beaches are so alluring. The nightlife is so lit there, We even had fun exploring the historical sites in the city, and we even went to the temples. The entire trip was so well planned, we had to worry about nothing. All the facilities provided on the trip were so good, rooms were cozy and comfortable, the food provided was delicious, the driver given to us was also amazing he was quite knowledgable and was very helpful. Thanks Thrillophila for the great trip experience.
We totally enjoyed the trip. A must trip for all the honeymooners
I am very much satisfied with the overall booking i got the best quote and all things were manage nicely. guide and drive both were professional
Last year, I went to Mauritius for having the fun of the tour of this charming destination. I booked my tour package from thrillophilia, one of the leading tour and travel operators of India. All the services, which were provided to me, were very good.
People Also Ask About Mauritius Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Mauritius?1. Visit Black River Gorges National Park: One of the best things to do in Mauritius is exploring the vast expanses of Black River Gorges National Park that has thick forests and rolling hills. It is the largest protected forest and the biggest national park of Mauritius, offering over fifty kilometers of trails. You can enjoy a picnic in the lush-green rainforests, admire rare species of flowering plants and birds and cool off under waterfalls. There are also various valleys and summits that you can explore on foot.
- Location: Southwestern part of Mauritius
2. Go to Tamarind Falls: If you think about what to do in Mauritius, you must visit Tamarind Falls, which is a paradise for animal lovers. It is also known as 7 cascades as it has seven steps to it, which run down to form a beautiful pond at the bottom. This gorgeous canyon comprises eleven waterfalls, forests, rivers, lush green vegetation, and mountains. You can trek to Tamarind Falls and stay astonished, seeing its exotic vegetation and unknown bird species throughout your hiking journey.
- Location: Between Curepipe and Black River Gorges, Curepipe, Mauritius
3. Explore Le Morne Brabant: Get ready to pump up your adrenaline level as you explore Le Morne Brabant, which is one of the most iconic hikes in Mauritius that offers breathtaking views of the southwestern side of the island. It is a basaltic rock peak dotted with beautiful caves that harbored runaway slaves in the ancient era. The summit is located at the height of five hundred and fifty-six meters above sea level. Once you reach the top of the mountain peak, you'll have breathtaking views of the Mauritius lagoon.
- Location: Le Morne, Mauritius
4. Try Skydiving: Have limitless adventure and fun in the air as you enjoy skydiving in the island nation of Mauritius. The flight before the jump will offer a complete 360º view of Mauritius's awesome coastal and mountain scenery. The take-off for this activity is done from the Sugar Fields of Mon Loisir that provides breathtaking views of reefs stretching into the Indian Ocean and stunning lagoons. The duration of the skydiving excursion is about one to two hours.
- Location: SkyDive Road, Belle Vue Maurel, Mauritius
- Price: Rs 27659
- Timings: One-two hours
5. Relax at Flic En Flac Beach: Relax and unwind at the exceptionally beautiful Flic-en-Flac beach that is framed by the calm lagoon and casuarina trees. The crystal clear waters, palm trees, the pleasant atmosphere, and miles of sand will leave you with a priceless experience. There are also many bars and restaurants opposite the beach where you can enjoy lip-smacking delicacies and refreshing drinks. The Southern part of the beach gives you an admirable view of the Tamarin village. You can also enjoy swimming, canoeing and sunbathing here.
- Location: Rivière Noire, Flic En Flac
6. Visit Ganga Talao: One of the best things to do in Mauritius is visiting Ganga Talao, a highly revered pilgrimage destination and sacred crater lake. Tucked between gigantic mountains in the Savanne district, Ganga Talao stands as the Holy Ganges representative. You will witness a temple that houses a 108 ft tall statue of Shiva with his trident on the shoreline of this lake. You can meditate, play with the monkeys, or walk by the beautiful lake and enjoy breathtaking surrounding views.
- Location: District of Savanne, Mauritius
- Timings: 5 AM- 6 PM
7. Explore Trou Aux Cerfs: Exploring Trou Aux Cerfs, a dormant volcano located outside the center of Curepipe, is considered one of the best things to do in Mauritius. It stands at the height of six hundred meters, and its depth is over a hundred meters. It is surrounded by lush forests consisting of giant green pine trees and indigenous plant species. This green sanctuary has become a jogging and socializing spot for the locals. There is also a kiosk where you can sit back and relax and appreciate the breathtaking natural beauty.
- Location: Curepipe
8. Enjoy at Baie Du Cap Maconde ViewPoint: If you're confused thinking about what to do in Mauritius, you can visit Baie Du Cap Maconde ViewPoint that is a part of Mauritius's most scenic route. It stands in the Baie du Cap village, which has been ranked as the tenth most beautiful road in Mauritius. Maconde Viewpoint offers a breathtaking view of the nearby coastal village, beautiful ocean, and the fishermen on the shore.
- Location: South Coast of Mauritius
9. Horse Riding: Horse Riding on Belle Mare Beach's scenic coast is considered one of the best things to do in Mauritius. Riding a horse on this beach with the crashing sound of the waves and the gentle sea breeze is a memory that will stay with you for a long time. For an added thrill, you can even swim with the horses. You can also visit The Club Equitation du Nord, a horse riding club located in the north of Mauritius on the Mon Loisir Sugar Estate's grounds.
- Location: Coastal Road, Belle Mare, Mauritius 742CU001
- Price: Rs 8229 per adult
- Timings: 45 minutes
10. Shop at Port L0uis Central Market: If you're a shopaholic, then you're in for a treat at Port L0uis Central Market, where you can find local dishes, various handcrafted goods, and fresh food items. You can also stock up souvenirs for your friends and family members at this bustling market. It is divided into two parts - meat, pork, chicken, fish section, and vegetable section. You can also find here aphrodisiacs and Chinese herbal medicines.
- Location: Farquhar Street, Port Louis
- Timings: 6 AM- 4 PM
What are the adventurous things to do in Mauritius?1. Flyn'Dive: One of the best things to do in Mauritius is enjoying a Flyn'Dive session at Grand Baie Beach. While enjoying this water sports activity, you'll get a chance to dive like a dolphin and fly like Iron Man. You are strapped tightly into the Flyn'Dive board before you go floating into the sea.
2. Sea Karting: The best way to explore the South Western Coast of Mauritius is by sea karting through the Indian Ocean. You can look out for dolphins and coral reefs as you dive deeper into the ocean.
3. Submarine Dive: One of the best things to do in Mauritius is enjoying a submarine excursion of the Indian Ocean. You can explore the beautiful marine life without getting wet in a submarine. You can also catch some stunning pictures next to emerald green waters.
4. Quad Biking: If you're confused about what to do in Mauritius Quad Biking at La Vallee des, Couleurs Nature Park should be your ideal choice. You can enjoy an exhilarating ride here through the wooden paths while taking in the picturesque views.
5. Hiking: Hiking through the hilly terrains of Signal Mountain is considered one of the best things to do in Mauritius. It has a combination of challenging trails and rough terrains that give you a glimpse of the picturesque sceneries.
What are the romantic things to do in Mauritius?1. Spend some romantic moments at the Coloured Earth Of Chamarel: Take your romance to the next level by visiting the Chamarel Plain of Riviere Noire District that has rainbow-colored dunes. It spans across 7500 square meters and has a few active volcanoes that emit seven discrete colors.
2. Swim with the dolphins: Give your better half a romantic surprise by swimming alongside whales and dolphins in the serene waters of Tamarin Bay. You can also witness the acrobatic skills of the migrating whales at the Bay.
3. Enjoy an underwater walk: If you're confused about what to do in Mauritius with your partner, enjoying an underwater walk in the Grand Bay should be your ideal choice. The region has clear and shallow waters, and you can take a walk amongst the fishes while enjoying this activity.
4. Enjoy a romantic stroll at Cap Malheureux: If you are searching for what to do in Mauritius, taking a leisurely stroll at Cap Malheureux should be your ideal choice. You can stroll through the charming village with your sweetheart and enjoy the breathtaking view of the sunset while relaxing on a picnic mat.
What Mauritius is famous for?1. Bol renversé: This is a Sino-Mauritian delicacy composed of chicken chop suey, basmati rice, and a sunny-side-up egg.
2. White Beaches: Mauritius is home to many wonderful beaches, such as Mont Choisy Beach, Flic En Flac Beach, and Gris-Gris Beach.
3. Black River Gorges National Park: Covering an area of 67.5 sq km, Black River Gorges National Park is home to flying foxes, parakeet, olive white-eye, and bulbul.
4. Islands: Mauritius is famed for its beautiful islands such as The Rodrigues Island, Le Souffleur, and Ile De La Passe.
5. Tea: You can buy world-class tea varieties made with hand-picked and fresh tea leaves in Mauritius.
Is Mauritius expensive?Mauritius is the most expensive place in Africa. The cost of living over here is cheaper than 56% of countries in the World. You might have to haggle for taxis here as they are not metered. If you don't stay at 5-star resorts, the prices of accommodation won't be costly. The supermarkets are very cheap for beer, but other items are available at genuine prices.
Is Mauritius safe for tourists?Yes, Mauritius is extremely safe for tourists as strict laws are maintained by the officials to safeguard the tourists. The crime rate is low here, but you should avoid walking in shady areas alone at night. You should also take care of your belongings while going outside.
What is the best month to go to Mauritius?May is considered the best month to visit Mauritius as it is winter and the temperature ranges around 20 degrees Celsius. There is no humidity or rainfall during this month, and it is the best time for enjoying snorkeling.
Which is the coldest month in Mauritius?August is considered to be the coldest month in Mauritius, and the temperature ranges around 15 to 16 degrees Celsius. The south and east coasts of Mauritius receive south-easterly winds during this month.
How many days are enough for Mauritius?Four days are enough to visit Mauritius.
- On the first day, you can visit Ile Aux Cerfs, a beautiful lagoon on the eastern coast.
- On the second day, you can head for a North Island tour. You can visit mesmerizing Caudan Waterfront and French colonial buildings.
- Reserve your third day to head for the south island tour and visit the Trou Aux Cerfs and Chamarel.
- On the fourth day, you can explore Port Blair's popular attractions, such as the Champ de Mars race track and the Natural History Museum.
What are the best water sports to try in Mauritius?1. Parasailing: Have a bird's-eye view of the beautiful lagoons and beaches as you enjoy parasailing at Grand Baie. You'll be harnessed with a parachute towed behind a huge boat, and the sessions usually last for around 5 to 15 minutes
2. Cave Sea Kayaking: Explore the mysterious caves and islands of Mauritius by enjoying cave sea kayaking at The Cliffs of Albion. You can opt for a double or single kayak, and while paddling through the shimmering waters, you'll discover the basalt rock gardens.
3. Water skiing: You can enjoy this high-octane sports activity at Grand Baie and Trou d'eau Douce. Skim along the surface of the water, standing upright on a ski holding a tow rope.
4. Windsurfing: One of the best things to do in Mauritius is enjoying windsurfing at Le Morne peninsula that looks like a hammerhead shark. While enjoying this activity, you can sail across the turquoise blue water while standing on a board.
Which are the best places for scuba diving in Mauritius?1. Coral Garden, Belle Mare: This is an excellent site for scuba diving in Mauritius that offers a breathtaking view of soft and hard corals. Night diving at Belle Mare gives you a breathtaking view of marine species like wrasses, lionfish, lobsters, and moray eels.
2. St. Jacques - Le Morne: St. Jacques is a popular site for scuba diving in Mauritius with less than thirty meters deep water. While diving here, you'll come across stingrays, turtles, eagle rays, and reef sharks.
3. The Cathedral, Lanai: With an abundance of marine species and coral reefs, and crystal clear waters, The Cathedral, Lanai is considered to be one of the best spots for scuba diving in Mauritius.
4. Whale Rock - Grand Baie: Whale Rock dive takes you to varying depths, making it ideal for an expert to intermediate divers.
Where can I do Angling in Mauritius and what are its charges?- Phoenix Beer
- The dodo
- The ravanne
- Tante bazaar
- Special sugars
- Colored Earth
- Mauritian Napolitaine
- Mauritian Chili Paste Jars
- Sega Music CDs
- Woven basket
- Sarongs pareos
What is the famous food to try in Mauritius?- Fish vindaye
- Bol renverser
- Dholl puri
- Salade palmist
- Gato piments
- Tropical fruit salad
- Gato coco
- Vanilla tea
- Bois Cheri Tea
- Mauritian Biryani
- Mine Frites
- Roti Chaud
- Achard Legumes