Le Morne is a peninsula that is located at the extreme South Western tip of the Island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. This place is highlighted by the iconic basaltic monolith that has got a summit at 556 meters above the sea level with an area close to 12 hectares or 30 acres. Le Morne is an UNESCO world heritage site and is truly a beautiful place to visit. You can witness the crystal clear waters of the ocean and a wide range of natural flora and fauna. Apart from all these, Le Morne is known for its epic sunrise and sunset views around the azure blue waters of the ocean.
Le morne is a UNESCO world heritage site that has contributed tremendously in the tourism landscape of Mauritius. With age old monuments and beautiful scenic beauty all around, this place is visited by zillions of tourists all through the year. Some of the most important attractions of the city are Trou Aux Biches which is best known for swimming and snorkeling, La Cambuse which is best suited for adventure swimming sports, Casela World Of Adventures which is popular for Wildlife Safari, Blue Penny Museum which is famous for offering indigenous creations and global brand products, and Flic En Flac which is known for its Souvenirs made of sea shells.
In the course of your visit to Le Morne in Mauritius, you can indulge in a number of fun filled and adventure activities like Mountain Hiking in Morne Brabant, day tour to Benitiers Island & Catamaran Cruise, day out with dolphins in Mauritius, and experience trek to Bijli Mahadev. The weather of Le Morne moderate all through the year. You will face a humid nut rainy season from the month of October to the month of April. The winter season lasts from the month of May to the month of September. The climatic condition is extremely comfortable as the incoming winds balance the hot climate.
La Gaulette Beach
La Gaulette is a village in Mauritius. It is a fantastic place because of the natural beauty this place has. The place isn’t much known for the commercial activities. However, if you want a place to open up yourself and feel relaxed in the fresh breeze, this is a place to go. Highlights:
Le Morne Beach in La Gaulette is an eye candy. The sunset at this place is phenomenal to be observed. You will fall in love with the view and would love to capture that moment forever.Location:
It is in La Gaulette village itself, which is a fisherman village. This place is a must visit for all and is easily accessible too.
The entry to the beach is free of cost. However, any charges for any commercial activity will surely be levied.
Le Morne beach, Mauritius
You will be completely sold by the scenic beauty of Le Morne Beach which is surrounded by the mighty mountains. The calm and the serene atmosphere of the place will relieve you from the stress. Nobody can stop themselves to be completely amazed by the crystal clear water. Highlight: It is considered to be an ideal place for kite surfing and snorkelling.
Le Morne beach
You will be completely sold by the scenic beauty of Le Morne Beach which is surrounded by the mighty mountains. The calm and the serene atmosphere of the place will relieve you from the stress. Nobody can stop themselves to be completely amazed by the crystal clear water. Highlight: It is considered to be an ideal place for kite surfing and snorkelling. Best months to visit: October to December and March to April are considered to be ideal months for this beach. Difficulty Level: High, however, you can take the help of a trainer to help you out with the water sport.
Meridien Paradis Hotel & Casino
The casino is housed in Le Morne at the Meridien Paradis Hotel. Best time to visit: 7pm to 4 pm and is open from Monday to Friday, if you want to visit this place on a Saturday and a Sunday then it is best for you to visit in the afternoon. Games: The casino has 21 slot machines and namely five live table games which makes it an interesting casino to be.
People Also Ask About Le Morne
Which are the best places to visit & things to do in Le Morne Brabant?
1. Le Morne Beach: Le Morne Beach happens to be a tropical beach that surrounds the famous Le Morne Brabant Mountain measuring about 550 meters high. This place offers its guests with a deep insight into the history and the amazing culture of Mauritius. You will find this place blessed with the natural beauty of crystal clear blue waters and silvery sands. You can come over to this place to indulge in swimming activities, walking tours, and relaxing spas.
Location: Southwest Mauritius, Mauritius
2. Tamarin Beach: Tamarin Beach is yet another popular place of tourist attraction in Mauritius which is often visited for a bit of relaxation on the weekends. Coming over to this place, you will find the locals and tourists enjoying volleyball and football games on the beach. You can visit this place between 8 AM and 9 AM to experience the best of its climatic conditions. If you are someone who loves to spend time in the midst of surreal natural beauty, then this is the place where you can walk along the shores and feel the gentle breeze.
3. Flic En Flac Beach: Situated along the west coast of Mauritius, it is one of the most sought after places of tourist interest. The beach is surrounded by small fishing villages that date back to over 200 year and have been attracting tourists and locals from a considerable time in the past. It is a great place to spend your vacation as you will get to enjoy excellent beaches, charming settings with beautiful white sands, brilliant blue lagoons, and a range of watersports. You can also come over to this place for relaxing waternoon walks, sunbathing, and picnics as well.
Location: Rivière Noire, Le Morne, Mauritius
4. Hiking: Le Morne Brabant is also known for its wonderful hiking experience that takes about 3 to 4 hours to complete. The hiking tour passes through the lush green vegetation and some exotic plantations as well. You will get to see some of the wonderful views of the mountain ranges and clouds on top of it. The activity takes place under expert supervision and with utmost precautions. The best part of this hiking tour would definitely be reaching the summit which will give you loads of spectacular views to relish and the feeling is truly unparalleled.
Timing: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
5. Visit Underwater Waterfall: The world famous underwater waterfall is located close to the coast and it happens to be a dramatic sight to believe. You will get to see a waterfall illusion in the middle of the ocean. This is really something mystical and it can be viewed from the shore as well as from the top of the mountain. Tourists also move ahead to take a helicopter ride on top of it to get specific views. The experience will surely be indescribable and it is surely one of the best you can have in a lifetime.
Timing: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
7. Enjoy KiteSurfing: Le Morne is a very popular place for kitesurfing in Mauritius. The lessons for kitesurfing are available for complete novices to advanced levels. Taking part in this activity, you will be able to explore the amazing coast of Mauritius. The expert guides will teach you everything to discover a deep and lasting passion. You don’t need to have a great physical strength for trying out this sport however you would definitely need to have a determination. The kitesurfing activity will let you explore the huge lagoons in the South western part of the island.
Timing: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Which are the best places to stay at Le Morne Mauritius?
1. Paradis Hotel Le Morne: It is considered to be one of the best luxury accommodations in Le Morne, Mauritius that offers all sorts of upscale services and modern comfort. Staying at this place, you can pamper yourself at the spa and learn more about the art of wellness. You can witness the scenic beauty all around and enjoy golfing in the peninsula.
2. The St. Regis Resort Le Morne: It is an amazing property that has got huge rooms and suites in separate pavilions to make you and your family comfortable during your stay in Mauritius. The resort has got a well equipped spa and wellness hub which is considered to be a haven for rejuvenation. You will get a chance to enjoy kite surfing as well as a number of other fun filled activities during your stay.
3. Hotel Riu Le Morne: Hotel Riu Le Morne happens to be a four star property that nestles in the middle of crystal clear waters of Indian Ocean. During your stay at this place, you can enjoy a myriad of water sports like snorkelling, kayaking, and windsurfing.
4. Lux Le Morne: Lux Le Morne is yet another beautiful stay in Mauritius where you can spend time close to the oceans creating some beautiful memories with your loved ones. Located close to the iconic Le Morne Bratant mountain, you will get a chance to travel back in time and explore the times gone by.
What is Le Morne Brabant famous for?
Le Morne Brabant in Mauritius stands as a symbol of peace and reminder of the slave’s struggle. The basaltic mountain is a testimony of the importance of the freedom struggle.
How long does it take to climb Le Morne?
To climb Le Morne, you would need three to four hours. The maximum altitude that you will be reaching in the course of climbing would be about 500 meters above the sea level.
How high is Le Morne mountain?
The height of Le Morne Mountain is about 556 meters or 1824 feet above the sea level. The summit of the mountain covers an area close to 12 hectares or 30 acres.
What is the best time to visit Le Morne?
The best time to visit Le Morne would be from the month of January to the Month of December. In this phase of the year, Le Morne experiences a pleasant or warm climatic condition with average temperature lying within the range of 29 - 23 degree celsius.