Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Exclusive Nature Camping in Nainital | Flat 15% off
Camp Stay in Nainital | Book Now at Flat 20% off
Nainital Jungle Camping | Book Now at Flat 38% off
Nature Camping with Meals, Nainital Flat 36% off
Lakeside Resort Stay at Naukuchiatal, Uttarakhand
Adventure Stay Experience in Nainital
Lakehouse Homestay in Nainital Flat 25% off
Villa Stay Amidst Oak Forest in Nainital
Nag Tibba Trek with Camping | Book Now @ 20% off
Kedarkantha Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Book @ ₹6,990 Only
Har Ki Dun Trek, Uttarakhand 2020 | Flat 22% off
Chandrashila Trek with Chopta Tungnath @ Flat 29% off
Kuari Pass Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Upto 30% off
Brahmatal Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Flat 25% off
Dayara Bugyal Trek 2020, Uttarakhand | Flat 16% off
Chopta Chandrashila Trek, Uttarakhand
If lush green plains and misty clouds allure you to nestle in a hammock and read a good book, far away from the city life then you need to head to Nainital, a stellar getaway place near Delhi for trekkers and nature lovers alike! Situated in the Kumaon foothills of the Himalayan ranges, Nainital is also known as the 'Lake District' of India.
It has also been termed as a pious place for Hindus and is one of the most popular hill stations near Delhi due to its fascinating hills, picturesque plains, enjoyable climate and stunning lakes. Adventurers engage in trekking activities and hike to the top of the beautiful hills just to witness the beautiful view and the wispy sky.
Distance from Delhi: 278km
Best time to visit: March to June and October to February.
Attractions: Nainital Lake, Governor's House, Eco Cave Gardens, Naini Peak and Snow View Point
Activities: Lake Visits, Village and Wildlife tours, Cable Car Rides, Rock Climbing and Trekking
Most Popular Places Around Nainital
More Things to do in Nainital
Listings in Nainital
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
With a bunch of adventure things to do in Nainital, this destination offers a whirlwind of experiences to the travellers. Browse through the below mentioned itinerary that is perfect for all the adventure seeking people for an exceptional experience in this pristine destination.
1. Camping: Out of the many activities in Nainital, this one has always been a perfect escape for the adventure souls who seek for a refuge amidst the lap of nature. Sleeping under the star lit sky, practising thrilling sports, bonfire, enjoying with your friends and others sums up for this activity.
2. Paragliding: The famous spot for this activity in Nainital is Nakuchiatal. Catch a bird’s eye views of this gorgeous location through this great adventure sport that is practised under the guidance of an expert.
3. Trekking: Walk your way down on the trails laid in the thick forests and landscapes of Nainital. Be it the beginners or experts, one can always find a trek as per their fitness level in Nainital. With tranquillity and natural beauty spread all over, this activity soothes the mind and soul.
4. Water Zorbing: This unique adventure sport will truly thrill you to the veins. Stroll over the water as you get seated inside a floating plastic ball called Zorb that enhances the body equalisation. The expert guides will help you perform this activity in the right way.
5. River Crossing: One of the many activities, this sport is also one of the many famous things in Nainital. Crossing the rustling freshwater lakes with the help of ropes and other safety gears, this sport requires strong daring power and mental health.
6. Boating: With popular and scenic spots like Naini Lake, Bhimatal Lake, Sattal and others, one has to definitely try it while visiting this destination. Various lakes offer this activity in Nainital that are set amidst the picturesque landscapes worth capturing.
1. Snow View Peak: This spot is the most popular among the travellers to catch the sights of lofts Himalayan ranges. It includes a distance of 3 kilometres to be covered. It is an easy to cover trek that offers pristine views of the himalayan peaks from its end destination.
2. Guano Hills: Get rid of the hustle and bustle of the city as you go on the moderate level trek in the tranquillity of the Guano hills. The enchanting forest with rich flora, fauna and birdwatching will add on to your experience of trek here.
3. Naini Peak-Pangot Trek: Extended up to two days, this trek commences from Mallital in Nainital and ends at Naini peak with 14 kilometres of trekking distance. This trek demands good fitness.
4. KunjKharak Trek: This jungle trek that commences from Pangot. The trekkers have to cover this trek amidst the deodar and oak forest whose tranquillity only will get you Goosebumps. It is a moderate level trek passing amidst the lush green forest.
5. Tiffin’s Top: Also known by the name of Dorothy’s peak, this 4 kilometre easy trek will take you to the peak through lush green surroundings and spectacular views of the valley.
One of the popular activities in Nainital among the adventure souls visiting is camping. Explore the below mentioned popular places to choose from before you gear up for your camping expedition.
1. Ayar Jungle Camp: Travellers seeking for an adrenaline rush should definitely visit this camp. With natural beauty all around the calmness and thrilling activities will give you an ultimate experience on your trips.
2. Nainital River Camp: With a bunch of adventurous activities like wildlife sighting, river crossing, rapelling and others. Their homely food an ideal setting in the location will soothe your senses.
3. YMCA Campsite: Encouraging the youth travellers into new and thrilling adventure at this unique camping site is an ultimate experience. They aim at fitness of the youth and is also known to trains many Indian athletes for the Olympics.
4. Camp Mehi Nature Resort: With camps set up amidst the sky high trees and thick forests of oak pine, it would be a worthy experience for nature and wildlife lovers. They offer activities like trekking, Burma Bridge, Rapelling, Tarzan Swing and others.
5. Camp Dhanuli: Experience guided adventure sports like rock climbing, valley crossing, paragliding, night hiking and others at this Nainital adventure camp.
Boating is one of the many popular things to do in Nainital that lures every tourist at this place. Check out the list of popular locations for a worth experience.
1. Naini Lake: This is the best spot for a boating experience in Nainital. Get to know about the astonishing facts about the Naini Lake from your boat driver as you take a drive over the waters.
2. Bhimtal Lake: Another popular boating spot, Bhimtal Lake is named after the Mahabharat legend, Bhima. Apart from boating, one can also visit the aquarium seated in the middle of the lake.
3. Sattal Lake: Bragging its lush green aura, this destination is really extravagant for a boating experience in its emerald green waters.
4. Nakuchiatal: Another famous location popular for boating in the colourful boats here, this lake nestles in a serene landscape. It is open for boating everyday and charges a nominal cost.
5. Khurpatal: Seated in the serene landscapes of Nainital, this location also welcomes boating enthusiasts at its place amidst the gorgeous views of mountains and old cedar trees.
The best time to visit Nainital is during the summer season which extends from March to June. The pleasant temperature of this location makes this place an ideal getaway from the scorching heat of the other parts. With an array of things to do in Nainital, this destination is a great vacation sport for every kind of traveller.
Absolutely! Nainital is completely safe to visit. Do stick to rules and regulations of the place to save yourself from getting into any trouble. If self-driving to the destination, keep a check on the speed limits and take all precautions on the route. This way you would be able to complete your trip safe and sound.
There are many famous things in Nainital that are worth experiencing on your trip to this pristine destination. Boating in the Naini lake, shopping of woollen clothes, Trekking at Cheena peak, Sighting Himalayan view from tiffin top are some of the great activities and places popular in Nainital.