Browse through a wide range of Camping packages in Nainital with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book best camp stay in nainital with exciting deals & offers.
With its whirlwinding experiences, an array of addons and splendid beauty all around, camping in Nainital has been attracting flocks of tourists throughout the world. Known for the beautiful “Naini Lake”, this small hill station is home to numerous big wonders which can be easily explored by camping along random spots. While the lakeside of Naini has been a go to spot for various leisure campers and fun lovers, the Ayarpatta Hill on the other hand has been providing a session of camping in solace and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists. Various sites for camping here also let you add on other adventures like hiking, trekking and boating to your camping session.
Nainital is also a popular honeymoon destination, thus the camps here take care of all the tourists and provide a variety of tents to choose from. From luxurious dome tents loaded with all top notch amenities like beds and a heating system to Inflatable tents with sleeping bags for budget travellers, the variety offered here is a big one. While camping in Nainital, your nights will be blessed with fun-filled bonfire and barbecue sessions in the middle of chilling winds and the day will begin with a beautiful view of sunrise from across the hills.
People Also Ask About Camping in Nainital
Which are the best campsites in Nainital?
1. Matiyal Camp: Located a short drive away from Nainital, this picturesque campsite is nestled amongst plum, citrus and tea plantations. This camp in Nainital is popular among bird lovers, for a number of exotic bird habitats can be spotted around this area.
Location: Matiyal, 28 kilometers outside Nainital.
Price: Starting from Rs. 1,950 per person.
Timing: Check-In: 11:00 AM.
Check-out: 10:00 AM.
2. Ayar Jungle Camp: Offering a luxurious stay amidst wildlife, the Ayar Jungle Camp is one of the most popular adventure campsites in Nainital. The camping estate is located amidst vast acres of deodar, oak, and rhododendron forests. This camp allows you to participate in a number of different adventure sports, such as caving, rock climbing, or night trek and is one of the famous sites for camping in Nainital.
Location: Barapathar-Sherwood College Road, Ayarpatta Hill, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002.
Price: Starting from Rs.3,360 per person.
3. Naina Devi Jungle Camp: Located inside the Naina Devi Wildlife Reserve, this campsite offers a tranquil refuge in the heart of nature. The Jungle Camp is known for its population of bird species. Campers here can indulge in a number of different activities such as paragliding, flying fox, rock climbing, rappelling and more.
Location: Inside Naina Devi Wildlife Reserve, Dhunikhal, Bhowali Gaon, Nainital.
Price: Starting from Rs. 1,150 per adult.
Timing: Check-In on Day 1: 12:00 am.
Check-out on Day 2: 10:00 am.
4. Hidden Valley Camp: Commanding an excellent view of the surrounding valleys, Hidden Valley Camp in Nainital is known for its sunrise and sunset views. A number of fun filled activities can also be enjoyed here, such as zipline, rappelling, waterfall trekking, tire bridge, and more.
Location: Bagar Talla, Pangot, Uttarakhand 263001.
Price: Starting from Rs. 1,500 per adult.
Timing: Check-in Time: 12:00 pm.
Check-out Time: 11:00 am.
5. Camp Twilight: A Swiss Camp Stay in the heart of nature, Camp Twilight offers the best of outdoor camping in Nainital. Tents are offered on a sharing basis. A number of different activities can be enjoyed in the camp, such as the Burma bridge and double rope.
Location: Bajoon, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263001.
Price: Starting from Rs. 1,500 per adult.
Timing: Check-In Day 1: 12:00 PM.
Check-Out Day 2: 11:00 AM.
6. Aspen Adventures Camp: A perfect refuge for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike, Aspen Adventure Camp offers the best of adventure camping in Nainital. The camp provides 17 spacious cottages for stay, each fitted with the best modern amenities. As made evident by its name, the camp offers a number of different adventure sports opportunities, such as paragliding, Burma Bridge, rappelling, waterfall treks, flying foxes.
Location: Camp Nature's Encounter, Village- Ghattu Ghat, Pauri Garhwal, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201.
Price: Starting from Rs. 3,500 per adult.
Timings: Check-in: 12:00PM
7. Camp Purple, Mukteshwar: Surrounded by peach and apple orchards, this camp in Nainital is known for its splendid natural beauty. The camp conducts a number of different forest-bade workshops and day picnics in open meadows and orchards. A number of adventure activities are also conducted here, such as rappelling and rock climbing.
Location: Sargakhet, Mukteshwar, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263137.
Price: Starting from Rs. 2,640 per adult.
Timings: Check-in: 10.00 AM
Check out: 12.00 PM.
Know more about the Chardham yatra by helicopter
Which are the best sites for camping in Nainital in winter?
1. Camp Walnut: This camp in Nainital offers an authentic cabin-stay experience in the lap of nature. The rooms offered are spacious and well-equipped, and the camp allows pets as well. This cottage stay experience, with bonfire nights and outdoor activities, is best enjoyed during the winter season.
Location: 43, Bara Bazar Rd, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263001.
2. Camp Dhanuli: Offering a retreat in the high mountains of the city, Camp Dhanuli is one of the most popular winter camps in Nainital. This adventure camp offers a number of different sports opportunities such as rock climbing or rappelling. The camp experience is best enjoyed during winters and it is one of the best sites for camping in Nainital when the snow-covered mountains appear even more beautiful than usual.
Location: Village Mangoli, Kala Dunghi Highway, Nainital 263001.
3. Jungle Adventure Camp: As made evident by its name, this camp in Nainital allows its campers to live in the heart of the jungle and embark on a number of different adventures. The luxury tents, pitched in the middle of thick forests, carry a charm and thrill of their own. The camp conducts a number of fun adventure activities such as jungle trekking, rock climbing, night safaris and more.
Location: Near Templeton Academy, Naukuchiatal.
4. Camp Milieu: One of the most popular luxury camps in Nainital, Camp Milieu allows you to connect with the folk Kumaoni culture of Nainital. Engage in a number of different cultural activities such as music and dance as you unwind underneath the open sky, and experience the best that the mountains have to offer.
Location: Village Ghatgarh, Nainital 263001
What is the best time to go camping in Nainital?Although the hill station remains tranquil throughout the year, travelers generally prefer to visit Nainital between the months of March and June, during peak summertime. During this time, the weather remains fairly cool and pleasant, but does not have any of the harshness of mountain winters. However, camping in Nainital can also be done during the winter season, between the months of October and February, when the hills are beautifully clad in white.
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry for camping in Nainital?
-The temperature in Nainital remains towards the lower side throughout the year. Ideally, it recommendable that one wears multiple layers of clothing to guard themselves from the cold rather than a single thick layer. This makes it easier to shed the outermost layers in case a hike or a walk warms you up.
-It is advisable to wear long sleeved tops and full trousers or pants, to protect one’s skin from insect bite, as well as the wind.
-It is also advisable to wear sneakers, hiking or running shoes while camping, rather than open sandals or heels.
-Woolen camps, mufflers and earmuffs can also be worn during extreme cold conditions.
-If required, you can choose to bring sleeping bags, sleeping pads or inflatable pillows along with you.
-Headlamps, flashlights, water heaters and lanterns may also be carried as per requirement.
Do we have to take a permit to do camping in Nainital?
No, any sort of permit is not required for Camping in Nainital all you need is a perfect location along the fresh environs and tent gear. Camping can be well-enjoyed when witnessed with your bunch of folks, as a solo trip can get a little boring. Talking about Nainital camps, here one can make the best of memories with them, as the town is brimming with multiple spots, which are a perfect pick for setting up a tent.
What are the essentials items to carry for camping in Nainital?
Essential things to carry on a camping trip includes a pocket knife, flashlights, basic medical kit, swimming costumes, duffel bags, sunglasses, binoculars, sanitizers, and mosquito repellants. If you are on medication, it is absolutely essential to carry sufficient doses along with you.
For camping in Nainital, it would also be advisable to carry sunscreen, caps, umbrellas and raincoats. If you are camping during the colder months, make sure you carry enough woollen garments, including gloves, socks, earmuffs and woollen caps.
Is it safe to do camping in Nainital?
Speaking about the safety of Nainital Camps, the answer is absolute Yes, without giving a second thought. This quaint town has a very low crime rate and easy access to hospitals and control rooms. Though, it is advised not to tour the Jungles without appropriate knowledge of them, as they can have the wilds. Apart from this dimension, the upland is safe for all types of trips be it a solo trip or a group one.
What is the average cost of a camping tour in Nainital?The average cost of camping in Nainital is between Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 3,000. The total cost, however, depends on the season of booking and the number of days opted for. The price may rise during peak camping seasons.
Is it worth visiting Nainital for camping?Yes, Nainital is one of the best places in India for camping. The scenic locale, the magnificent mountain ranges and lush, green forests offer ideal camping spots. The hill station also offers a number of fun adventure sport activities, such as paragliding, rappelling, rock climbing and much more. Nainital also offers several unique, picturesque orchards situated in the heart of apple and peach orchards, which adds to the beauty of the place.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping in Nainital?Yes, it is absolutely safe for solo female travelers to go camping in Nainital. The camps are generally conducted in groups and take the matter of campers’ safety extremely seriously.