Popular Things to Do in Jaipur
Visit Amer Fort
As the home of rich and prosperous Maharajas, Jaipur is well endowed in its share of palaces and architectural marvels. You can see the amalgamation of Indian and Mughal styles of architecture at the Amer Fort, legend has it that the fort is so beautiful that even invaders could not bear to destroy it during the times of war and conflict.
You can take an elephant ride up the cobbled path on the fort and truly feel like you deserve all the royal treatment that is being bestowed upon you.End the day on a spectacular note with your attendance at the Light and Sound show Get to know the history and the intricacy of architecture here to make your visit even more memorable.
Visiting Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
-For Indians: 25 Rs. (Inclusive of Entry & Camera )
-Foreign Nationals: 150 Rs. (Inclusive of Entry & Camera)
Nahargarh Fort Cycling Expedition
A cycling expedition in a beautiful Pink morning of the city will lead one to Nahargarh. This expedition is a major boost in the lives of the participants as it helps them to explore the fort in a very new manner by checking the details that one easily misses. The trail is little quirky due to winding roads but the view of Jaipur city and Man Sagar Lake on its way is a worth.
Moreover, after reaching the top, one can experience Jaipur in a new form of style, spreading its wings till farthest of the eyesight. Avail this package and indulge in nature's lap with cycling expedition
Highlights: Cycling with juice, breakfast, and snacks. Sightseeing all through the trail can be enjoyed.
Price: Rs 1400 per adult
Time: 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Village Jeep Safari
A real Rajputana royal glory could be felt in Jaipur with Village jeep safari that takes one to visit local villages. One can notice village houses, occupations, agriculture farms, the life of people and visit school and local panchayats.
Be the king today and take some time out either in morning or evening to witness the real culture. Enjoy some masala tea with the locals and have some gossip with them. Also, one can play gully cricket and tyre rolling with the kids who still seem to enjoy these games rather than sticking on mobile phones!
Highlights: Cultural visit, optional cooking session.
Price: Rs 1116 per adult
Time: 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM OR 5.00 PM to 7.00 PM
Jaipur is known for its diverse wildlife that is found here that includes tigers, leopards, cheetahs, elephants and many other exotic species of animals and birds. When in Jaipur, taking a safari through Jhalana Wildlife Safari, which is the perfect spot for spotting leopards and cheetahs.
Once the hunting grounds of the royals, this place is now a great spot to enjoy a safari in the middle of the city. Spread over an area of more than 20 square kilometers, the Jhalana Leopard Conservation reserve is counted amongst the best places in the country to spot the elusive cats. With a good and healthy number of leopards here, it just might happen that you get to see them as early as within 5 minutes of entering here. Safari at Jhalana has been operational since December 2016 and as of now, two safari routes are open for visitors.
About the Activity:
You will be taking an open-air gypsy ride with a driver cum guide in the park and spot leopards, alongside other animals like Blue Bulls, Spotted Deer, Hanuman Langur, Rhesus Macaque, Small Indian Mongoose, Ruddy Mongoose, Bengal Monitor, Desert Gerbils, Striped Hyena, Desert Fox, Porcupine, Hedgehog, and Sambhar Deer.
How to reach?
Jhalana Wildlife Safari is located in Malviya Nagar Industrial Area, Jaipur. You can get easily public and private transportation for the location.
1st August to 31st Oct - 6.45 AM to 9.15 AM & 3.45 PM to 6.15 PM
1st November to 31st January - 7.00 AM to 9.30 AM & 3.15 PM to 5.45 PM
Time Duration- 2.5 hours
Minimum booking capacity: 2
Shopping Tour at Jaipur
Some of the best colours of the city can be seen in its markets, a fact which bears true with Jaipur as well. Some of the most authentic shopping experiences can be provided by the city’s old Bazaars/ Markets, an experience that is amongst the most authentic of all things to do in Jaipur. They are located within the walled expanses of the city and are known as ‘Badi’ and ‘Chhoti Chaupar’.
If you are interested in carrying back some brass ornaments, travel to the Tripolia Bazaar, if traditional jeweler is what interests you, then Johari Bazaar is your best pick of the lot. At ‘Chandpol’ Bazaar, you can witness the city’s marble artisans put their skills to use whereas, at Kishanpol Bazaar you can shop for textiles and wooden furniture. Do not miss the ‘Sireh Deori’ Bazaar which is the prime market of the city for all your needs.
Rajasthani Cuisine Tasting Tour
Embark on a ghee fuelled and tastebud fulfilling journey that is one of the most fulfilling things to do in Jaipur. Your menu of the day should comprise of traditional dishes like Dal Baati Chuurma, Ghevar, Ker Sangri, Gatte ki sabzi or the delectable ‘Laal Maas’- a traditional meat dish; polish it off with some locally made millet bread and you are good to go!
One of the best ways to see the sights of Jaipur is to start off on an early morning cycling ride. This is the best way to see the city at its best as the tour starts off early in the morning. You will be accompanied by various people of different backgrounds and countries and a guide who will take you through the lazy paths lined by farms and trees.
The ride is a slow one and has various stops in between. You will be able to witness prayers being offered at a local temple, sip tea at a tea shop, have the famous ‘Lassiwalas’ Lassi in earthen pots and finally appreciate the city in a whole new light.
Nahargarh Sanctuary Jeep Safari
This asylum is a twofold treat for the photography significant others who can click a portion of the best natural life pictures. Nahargarh Sanctuary is spread more than 7. 2-sq-kms of the Nahargarh. It comprises of quartzite and stone rocks, and the vegetation of the district is enough spoken to through tropical dry deciduous and tropical thistle backwoods.
Highlights: Nahargarh organic Park offers a lovely line of feathered creatures and in winter it is gone to by several transitory water flying creatures. The occupant winged creatures of the recreation center additionally justified regardless of the visit. There are 13 lions and tigers safeguarded and now are in the salvage focus. This haven is currently a residence every one of these creatures.
Timings: Opens from 6:00 AM – 10 :00 PM
Price: Approximate price starts from Rs 3500
Visit City Palace
The seat of the royal family of Jaipur, the City Palace is located in the heart of the city. A complex of courtyards, gardens, temples and buildings the impressive palace is built on the principles of Indian science architecture, Vastu. Built of quintessential pink and red sandstone hallmark of Jaipur buildings, the design is a fusion of Rajput, Mughal and European architecture. The two main palaces in the complex are the Mubarak Mahal and Chandra Mahal. The descendants of royal family reside in Chandra Mahal, only a section is open to tourists.
The Mubarak Mahal is a part of Museum which houses a collection of royal clothing and artefacts. The Anand Mahal Sileh Khana has one of the best collection of weapons in the country. The ceremonial weapons are elegantly engraved and inlaid in the display. The largest silver vessels in the world are a part of this palace and were carried by the Maharaja to London for a bath when he visited the Queen. A paradise for art and history lovers with a section dedicated to artisans of Jaipur where you can purchase souvenirs. Visiting City Palace is one the best things to do in Jaipur.
Timings- Open from 9.30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Price- Ticket for museum and Mubarak Mahal 130 INR (Indians) and 900 INR (Foreigners)
A tour guide will charge 200INR
Ticket for Chandra Mahal
For Tourists: INR 300
For Indian: INR 75
Camera charges are extra
Visit Jantar Mantar
Dating back to the 18th century, Jantar Mantar was erected by the scholar Sawai Jai Singh. The structure is an observatory that consists of 'surya yantras' or instruments that work on the principle of the sun and shadow to tell the precise time at every moment of the day. Do invest in a local guide who will tell the precise way in which each instrument works.
The monument features the world’s largest sundial and is a part of the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. The noteworthy feature of the monument is that it is the amalgamation of various social, cultural and political beliefs of the 18th century. The monument can faultlessly measure the time, predict eclipses and even track the location of major stars as the earth orbits around them and the sun.
Visiting Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Photography Allowed: Yes
Hot Air Balloon Ride
This is one of the most amazing things to do in Jaipur, if you are an adventure enthusiast. Located near the Jamnalal Bajaj Road, Hot Air Balloon safari is conducted by various operators around the city and is a great way to beat the city blues.
The ride takes you round to see various beautiful attractions of the city like City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal and many others. A fun activity to engage in with friends, family and loved ones; it is sure to give you many memorable moments.
Visit Jal Mahal
Jal Mahal is an archaeological wonder and is named so as it appears floating in the water. It is 4 km away from Jaipur and can be reached by auto and taxis via Delhi-Jaipur highway. The architectural style is a blend of Rajput and Mughal styles which stands testament to a long friendship between Rajput Kings and Mughal rulers. The palace has a panoramic view of the Man Sagar Lake and Nahargarh hills that border it.
The low rise symmetrical palace has five floors but the four floors of this archaeological wonder are under water and only the 5th floor is visible. The exquisite marble carvings are the cenotaph of the royal family of Jaipur. The palace is open through boats that take tourists to the palace providing numerous photograph moments.
Timings- The visitors are not allowed inside the palace but you can enjoy stunning views of the palace while boating.
Visit Birla Mandir Temple
The glass windows are painted to reflect various stories and legends from the Hindu Scriptures. The striking feature of this temple is that; while the interior represents the God and Goddesses of the Hindu Religion, the exterior has been carved with important figures from all beliefs including Socrates, Zarasthura, Buddha, Jesus Christ and Confucius. The lush green gardens present a perfect opportunity to just amble along silently and watch the marvelous temple from a distance.
Adventure Things to Do in Jaipur
- Paintball in Jaipur is a fun way to escape the everyday routine and stress.
- A game best played in private groups, provides the ultimate fun-filled thrill, experience.
- Work as a team, shoot your paintball guns with style and escape being a target .
- Get equipped with the state of the art German gear and 25/50 paintball pellets along the best terrain suited for the activity.
- Timings : 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Get thrilled with an action-packed experience of Quad Biking in Jaipur.
- Ride on these powerful 50 to 570cc machines in a 2000m circuit of off-road tracks that go winding through the forest.
- An exhilarating ride is the best way to test your riding skills. Quad Biking in Jaipur is pretty simple as the machines are fully automatic.
- After being briefed on the safety instructions, prep up with your safety gear and set off on your adventure.
- Enjoy riding through lush landscapes, tackling dunes and jungle trails.
- The activity can be availed between 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
How to reach?
Located within the city reach the location is easily accessible by public or private transport
Min number of people required to book:- 1
- Ziplining is a thrilling adventure sport in which a person is harnessed to an inclined wire, on which they slide at a rapid speed over certain terrain. You can get an amazing chance to experience this in Jaipur as well.
- This package offers you the amazing escape into the Aravali Hills where you will cross an entire valley on a taut rope on a height of about 50 ft from the ground.
- The total experience lasts up to 30 minutes, and all the proper safety guidelines are followed regarding equipment and fun of the participant.
Timings: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
How to reach?
The site is located within the city and is easily accessible by public or private transportation
Min number of people required to book:- 1
About the activity:
- The trek starts from Jal Mahal and ends at the same place. So, you have to assemble at this beautiful place before the hiking begins according to your convenience. You have to walk through the dense forests to reach at the backside of the waterbody.
- From this point, you will be ascending through the hills while crossing the beautiful trail and taking a view of variety of birds on the way.
- You can enjoy an aerial view of Mansagar lake glorified by historical golden Jal Mahal from the top. This view will bring a rejuvenated energy in the body and soul.
- Get up and take this trek to enthrall yourself with the beauty of Aravalis.
Meeting Point: Jal Mahal
Timings: 6 AM - 10 AM
*NOTE- Minimum number of people required- 4
- Pink city is famous for its culture and bright colors. Yet, it offers a place in the nature to offer not just pilgrimage to Lord but also experience sight of an old beautiful temple.
- The trek begins and ends at Sagar lake, Amer. So, assemble at the site as per your convenience.
- One can walk through green trails of oldest mountains of the world called Aravali range and reach Bhuteshwar Nath temple after a good hike.
- Embark a day in the woods with your friends and family and enjoy it with some refreshments which will be provided to you. The trek is a whole new experience and while you move ahead and come back, it is going to take around 4-5 hours.
- So, bring out that adventurous side of yours and trek with trained professionals or a guide along to keep yourself safe, delightful and happy.
- Start Point- Sagar Lake
- End Point- Sagar Lake
Minimum number of people required- 4
Chour Ghati trek is a beautiful trek in the remnants of Aravalis crowned with lush green shades of deciduous trees, chirping of birds, calmness and quietness of nature and beauty of greenery surrounding it all. The Galta valley proves to be one of the most serene valley within the boundaries of Jaipur once you catch the top of the hills.
About the activity
- The trek is marked with amazing rocky trails which provide easy reach to the Monkey temple and areas surrounding the Monkey valley, This trek is an amazing experience within itself.
- The trek begins and ends at Galta ji gate. Assemble yourself for this 3-4 hour trek at the defined site as per the time that suits you.
- Initially, you have to step up till the Sun temple at the platform above and you can enjoy a complete city view from here. From this point, descend to the main pond below and take a break to click pictures, sit in the shades and have some chit-chat with your mates. An ascending trail from here will point towards the Chour palace which is itself enclosed by dense forests surrounding it. Interestingly, to make this tour exciting, this palace was used by dacoits and thieves in earlier times and this information will definitely make you curious to be here. This entire valley enclosing scenic views, palace and pond is termed as Chour Ghati.
- It is a must visit for all the adventure and Nature lovers who are keen to be at a really quiet and mesmerizing place within in the city center.
TIMINGS: 6 AM - 10 AM
*NOTE- Minimum number of people required for the booking- 4
- Jaipur is a city replete with forts of amazing architectural beauty, most of which are the prime reason why the tourists love to visit this place so much and so frequently. One such great attraction is the amazing Achrol Fort located on the very outskirts of the city. This adventure package brings you the chance to trek to see the amazing ruined fort and enjoy a session of rappelling on the walls of it.
- Starting from the famous Birla Mandir of Jaipur at about 6 AM, you will be leaving to reach the starting point of the trek in Achrol. Trek and arrive at the fort, spend some time clicking amazing pictures before indulging in a round of rappelling.
- After having an exhilarating adventure, enjoy a wholesome breakfast before leaving for Jaipur at 10 AM and bringing the experience to an end.
Minimum number of people required to book the package is 6.
TIMINGS: 6 AM- 10 AM
How To Reach?
The starting point of the activity will be Birla Mandir in Jaipur. You can reach the starting point by either public transport or private cabs.
- With the verdant beauty of green hills and rocky trails, Hathni Kund trek is ideal for everyone in love with natural beauty and its exploration around the Pink city.
- You will assemble at Charan Mandir placed in the meadows of Aravalis and can be easily reached while on the way to Nahargarh fort. Also, since the ending point of trek is same, you can park your vehicles safely at this point. Reach the point as per your convenient time.
- The trail is studded with old temples, sand dunes, dense forests and a beautiful monsoonal waterfall before you arrive at Hathni Kund. The view of the surroundings as well as the pond will mesmerize you and make you feel the details of the past from real close. Experience the distinct surroundings in these trails and they will totally purify your soul.
- A well scheduled day out in the woods and grasslands will fill you camera with good photographs. The trek falls in between easy to moderate level and hence, suitable for you with friends as well as families.
Timings: 7:00 AM - 11 :00 AM
*NOTE- Minimum booking requirement for the trek- 5
Start Point- Charan Mandir
End Point- Charan Mandir
Offbeat Things to do in Jaipur
Visit Jaipur Wax Museum
The first wax museum in the world set up at a heritage site with 32 wax exhibits in total is a popular haunt for tourists. The Nahargarh Fort, which houses this museum is perched on the Aravali hills and is the highest point with a majestic view of the Pink City. The 10-foot long bullet ‘Gati Gamini’ at the entrance is a head turner. The museum showcases wax and silicon statues of iconic personalities who have given the best in their fields. The unique features of the statues are the life-like feel of the sculptures with a background to complement the celebrated history of the personality.
There are statues of Amitabh Bachchan, Rabindranath Tagore, Maharani Gayatri Devi, Mahatma Gandhi and Deepika Padukone. A visit to the Wax Museum is a stupendous experience for tourists to see and feel the life-size replica of their favourite icons.
Timings- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Price- 350 INR (Wax Museum)
500 INR (Wax Museum and Sheesh Mahal)
Flying Fox at Neemrana
Highlights: Fly fox in the Aravalli slopes is an exciting 5 zip wire experience. The action begins off with a short walk and well-being brief before the experience starts. At that point, once you're prepared, experience the rush of flying along 5 steel links up to 400m long. Don't miss a chance to enjoy this thrilling activity on your next trip to Rajasthan.
Timing: Approximate time 45 minutes
Price: Approximate price starts from Rs 1649
Visit Jawahar Kala Kendra
A hub of artists and musicians, it is a must-see for all connoisseurs of art. A showcase for cultural, spiritual activities, and display of rich craft heritage of the state of Rajasthan. The centre was designed by the famous architect Charles Correa, inspired by the original city plan of Jaipur consisting of 9 squares with the centre square left open. The eight blocks house museums, amphitheatre, library, and art craft displays. The wooden swing, the collection of ceramics, decorative boxes, carved wooden furniture and statues and icons of Rajasthani, as well as spiritualistic, are the focus for the display in the museums. There is always something cultural and innovative happening like the drama festivals, music performances, art exhibitions, craft fairs, workshops, discussions, seminars, and film screenings. This multi-arts centre caters all the needs of the artists and helps them to manifest their highest potential.
Timings- 9.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Price- No entry fees
Elephant Polo at Dera Amer
Close to the Amer Fort, Dera Amer is a luxurious and gorgeous campsite that is set in a stunning location. It is here that you can enjoy the gorgeous sights all around you a while staying in a luxurious campsite. The campsite is run by a local family and is based right out of their ancestral home. What’s more? You can enjoy an experience of an offbeat thing to do in Jaipur i.e. an Elephant Polo Match.
The game of the royals, polo originated right here in Jaipur and is played on elephants. While the original rules of the game remain the same, the pitch is two thirds of a traditional Polo pitch to compensate for the speed of the pachyderms.
Watch a Movie at Rajmandir Cinemas
Designed in a typically art moderne style by the famous Indian architect W.W. Namjoshi; Rajmandir Cinemas is a truly historic experience. Catch a Bollywood movie here and take home an experience of being carried home to the times of yore.
A popular landmark among the locals, it has hosted many movie premieres and exclusive shows over the years. The gorgeous ceiling is decorated with antique chandeliers and winding staircases that make this an experience worth remembering.
Visit Elephant Farm
Highlights: Once you are in the homestead you can figure out how the elephants are treated with affection, as relatives, and they imagine this is something worth demonstrating the world. This is the reason Elefantastic now offer you an opportunity to experience more than simply the typical visits. Don't miss a chance to visit to get nearer to these astounding creatures, and learn about their day to day activities.
Timings: Opens from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Price: Approximate price starts from Rs 7730
Visit Chokhi Dhani
It is here that you can indulge in camel or bullock cart rides, live performances, delightful puppet shows, peppy folk dances, magic shows and acrobatics of the village style. What’s more? To accompany this, you can also gorge on the traditional, rich and fragrant Rajasthani ‘Thali’. It is a perfect place to let your kids indulge in game play and let the child in you come alive.
Attend Jaipur Literature Festival
Every year during the months of December to January, the entire literary community of India looks forward to only one thing and that is- Jaipur Literature Festival. One of the largest free literary fests in the country, it fills up the grounds of Diggi Palace in Jaipur with authors, readers and enthusiasts. So high is its importance in the literary circles, that it is called the ‘Kumbh Mela’ of literature.
The festival has seen many eminent speakers such as Oprah Winfrey, Orhan Pamuk and award winner like Ian MacEwan. A fest with both national and international fervor, it has a vast range of things to do while in Jaipur such as workshops, debates, author interactions and many more.
Visit Ramgarh Lake
Situated at a distance of 35km from the main city, Ramgarh is a wonderful lake that presents you an opportunity to spend some magical moments with your loved ones. The lake that flows in Sanganer is a serene an placid site that will definitely take you away from the hustle bustle and tourist crowds of the main city.
You can appreciate the true beauty of this lake as you indulge in the wonderful experience of boating along its surface. The area around also makes for an ideal spot to just spread out a rug and enjoy a picnic or try your hand at angling and fishing!
Ladli Vocational Training Centre
The kids here are engaged into training for various vocations and are extremely friendly and welcoming. You can some handicrafts and intricate jewelry from here to take back home. The funds from the store go towards the maintenance of the centre and the children.
Attend Vintage Car Rally in February
The month of February, rings in a spirit of royalty in Jaipur. It is in this month that the ‘Rajputana’ Sports Car Club holds a vintage and classic car rally in association with the department of tourism. Heralding a revival of sorts, it displays more than 100 vintage cars which all come together to cruise along the roads of the Pink City.
The most spectacular cars on display date back to the era of the Maharajas who reigned over Jaipur as long back as 1923. It is a must amongst things to do in Jaipur for car aficionados as well as layman. The road that they traverse runs from Jai Mahal Palace to Castle Kanota.
Rajasthan is well known world over for its arts, ‘kathputli’ or puppet show is one of them, while in Jaipur, try to talk to the locals and walk into one of the restaurants which host them on a regular basis. The usual format of the show is such that marionettes are operated by the puppet master and there is a traditional story that is accompanied by the use of props and traditional music.
Revolving around brave kings, beautiful princesses and magicians will take you way back into your childhood.The vibrant puppets and their broken movements supervised by the puppet master are truly a treat to watch.
Visit Snow Planet
Tired of the sweltering heat and soaring temperatures, visit Snow Planet in Malviya Nagar, GT Central Mall to beat the heat. It is an indoor snow. Recreation facility with snow, live snowfall, dance floor and fun rides. The snow boots and jackets are provided by the park. A winter wonderland for the whole family. Make your fantasy of playing football in snow come true by picking up some balls. Indulge in the thrilling snow sledging on a slope and land on a huge heap of snow.
Trudge along in snowy paths, walk the London bridge and enjoy hot ‘chai pe charcha’ in the Snow Cafe. Click charming pictures with Santa and his reindeers, Snow white and seven dwarves, Winnie the Pooh and bask in the glory of this La La Land. Going here is one of the best things to do in Jaipur.
Timings- Weekdays 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. and weekends 11.30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Price- 550 INR per head
Note- This place is currently closed.
Relax with a Rejuvenating Massage
You can avail various oil based therapies such as Panch Karma, shirodhara, skin facials, back massage and full body massage. You will travel back a changed person with a calm and relaxed mind!