People Also Ask About Sydney
As Sydney is a vacation spot frequented by tourists, you should book your stay facilities in advance.
For a better holiday experience, make sure that you do not fall for any scams where people try to sell you stuff.
Do not get involved into any drug related situations while having fun enjoying nightlife.
Take care of your cash and expensive belongings.
Do not go deep into the waters while playing on the beach.
Carry your passport, identity proof, Visa copy and your hotel address whenever you go out.
Travel by public transport instead of private taxis in order to save money.
Our Recommendations: What you can’t afford to miss?1. Opera House: Opera House in Sydney is one of the most famous sight-seeing destinations in the world. This place continuous to dazzle people all over the world The Opera House is one of the city’s busiest venues for music, art and performance venues and to make this trip more interesting, you can take a backstage tour of the venue to understand its working effectively. Click Here to Book: Sydney Opera House Guided Tour
2. Taronga Zoo: The Taronga Zoo is a home to 2,900 exotic as well as native Australian animals including gorillas, tigers, leopards, chimpanzees, giraffes, kangaroos and koalas. This place also has a fun ferry ride from Circular Quay and if you are enthusiastic about being with animals, you can even take an overnight camping package at the zoo. Click Here to Book: Taronga Zoo Tickets in Sydney
3. Bondi Beach: Bondi beach is the most famous beach in Sydney and it has got its own reasons for the attention it gets. With luxurious resorts as well as casual stay and dine options, you can enjoy relaxing on this busy, fun and happening beach by sunbathing all day, playing in the waters or just sipping on some of your favourite drinks. There are diligent lifeguards on this beach and hence, you do not need to worry about being unsafe.
4. Chinatown: Enter this area to inhale some of the authentic Chinese food fragrances of spices and feast on Authentic Asian, especially Chinese cuisine in the Chinatown area. With lion frames on gates at each gate, this is a pedestrian area between Darling Harbour and Central Station. There are special celebrations on January 21, which is the Chinese New Year date.
5. Sydney Tower: The Sydney tower will give you a panoramic view of the vibrant and happening town of Sydney from the height of 309 meters. This golden tower rises from the Centrepoint Shopping mall, with an express lift taking visitors to the deck at the top, giving them the mesmerizing view at the top. This place also has a 4D movie experience for entertaining its guests.
6. Sydney Aquarium: The SEA LIFE Sydney aquarium is a display of aquatic animals which have 5 sections, housing different types of marine species in different habitats. If you have kids with you, this place is a mist visit. This is an underwater adventure as you will be able to walk and explore some of the most diverse ocean dwelling animals here. Click Here to Book: SEA LIFE Aquarium Tickets, Sydney
7. The Blue Mountains: A natural gift to the city of Sydney, the Blue Mountains are perhaps the most kaleidoscopic and mesmerizing spots in Sydney. This place is a range of mountains which are in contrasts of blue and green. If you want to have a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city and witness spectacular scenery, wildlife and clean and fresh air, you should definitely visit this place. Click Here to Book: Blue Mountains Day Trip, Sydney
8. Circular Quay: The circular Quay, built by convict labor in Sydney Cove is the main ferry terminal of the city. This is also the starting point for some of the most luxurious and elite cruises which operate in Sydney and it has a sparkling waterfront setting for giving a breathtaking view to its tourists. Ferries to sight-seeing spots like Taronga Park zoo, Watson’s bay and Manly depart from this point.
What will like you like there?1. Vibrant Beaches: Beaches of Sydney are some of the most famous beaches in the world because of their cleanliness, busy and happening environment, safety, and an array of entertainment and water sports options right on the beach. The entire aura of the beaches of Sydney is very exciting and positive.
2. Calmness and Serenity: Despite of being a very active and vibrant city, this place will make you experience a very different type of calm. The entire feel of this city is very calm, peaceful and unwinding for your mind.
3. Friendly People: The people of Sydney are very welcoming, friendly and very hospitable towards tourists. Most of them come forward to help tourists and they do not make you feel alienated in the place.
4. Convenience: As Sydney is a place frequented by tourists, there are a lot of convenience facilities like luxurious as well as casual stay facilities, dining, shopping and other utility services like transport and entertainment.
5. Entertainment and Nightlife: Sydney is one of the most fun-filled places which gets really energetic at night. From entertainment facilities, music bistros, bars, clubs and a lot more, there is no end to the entertainment and nightlife facilities you can experience in Sydney.
When is the best time to visit Sydney?
Sydney, Australia’s most vibrant urban destination is amongst the top fifteen most-visited cities in the world and why not! Surrounded by the blue mountains to the west, it is one of the most multicultural cities in the world with vibrant suburbs, world’s largest natural harbor, and iconic Sydney Opera house along with the harbour bridge. Offering the best tourist places in Sydney, it is one of the most sought after locations among the tourists.
Sydney has a warm climate and offers 300 perfect summer days suiting every tourist activity. Whether you decide strolling around the Bronte Beach, going on a shopping spree at the Westfield, admiring a dazzling sunrise from the top of the harbour bridge, or watching the sun set against the spectacular sydney skyline while sipping cocktail from the iconic opera house, the climate of sydney makes every activity a pleasant one.
Sydney beaches are world famous. Throng any beach from Bondi to Coogee and one is sure to be greeted with a lot of recreational activities. The spectacular views of the ocean, turquoise clear waters and beautiful beaches lined with coconut palms weaves magic and transforms you into a relaxed village feel.
And who doesn’t love shopping. From weekend markets at the Rocks to the luxury boutiques in Queen Victoria Buildings, Sydney shopping has it all! It is especially famous for its weekend markets. Hop to any of the Bondi markets, Paddington markets, Rocks markets and Paddy’s markets and you can find plenty of local Australian apparels, souvenirs, latest fashion and beautiful gifts.
Sydney is a perfect combination of old world charm and glamour. Visit it in January and you can revel along at the stunning Sydney Carnival or around May to witness the famous Australian Fashion Week. Cuddle a koala, feed deadly sharks from your glass boat, go whale watching, enjoy the scintillating nightlife of central business district, or scuba dive in the great barrier reef, anything you do in Sydney, is an unforgettable experience in itself. The tourist places in Sydney will offer you an experience of a lifetime.
How to reach Sydney?
The best way to reach sydney is by air. The Sydney Kingsford Smith international airport is well connected to almost all the cities of the world. The airport is the busiest in Australia and receives regular flights from India. There are several direct and connecting flights for Sydney from major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata. The flights usually stop at Delhi and have another stopover in Singapore or Malaysia. Airlines like Jet Airways, China Southern, Air India, Cathay pacific, Thai Airways and Singapore Airlines operates flights to Sydney.
What are the different things/activities to do in Sydney?
Australia’s flagship city, Sydney offers a plethora of outdoor activities to do. Here is a list of things to do in Sydney.
- Go whale watching at Darling Harbour, New South Wales
- Explore Royal National Park in Sutherland shire and enjoy fishing, birdwatching and bushwalking.
- Snorkel at Gordons Bay and spot blue gropers in Coogee New South Wales.
- Take a classic coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee beach and enjoy stunning views of the sparkling bays, stunning cliff top views and sunny cafes on your trek.
- Take a Sydney seaplane from Rose Bay and Enjoy the scenic views of the beautiful Sydney from 1,000 ft above water as it flies you to Palm Beach and Berowra Waters.
- Go Mountain Biking and Canyoning in the Blue Mountains National Park.
- Enjoy a performing arts show in the Sydney Opera House.
- Have fun at Sydney’s most famous amusement park, Luna Park.
- Go on a beach picnic and soak up the sun at Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach.
- Experience the wildlife of Sydney at the Taronga Zoo.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Sydney?
Sydney is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and offers numerous activities and attractions. To visit all these amazing places, one needs to be well rested. Here is a list of some of the best resorts to stay in Sydney.
- The Langham, St Miller’s point
- Four Seasons Hotel, George Street
- Shangri-La Hotel, Cumberland street
- The Westin, Martin Place
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, Macquarie street
- Jonah’s Whale Beach, Bynya Road, Palm Beach
- Swissotel Sydney, Market street
- Intercontinental Sydney, Macquarie Street
- Parkroyal, Darling Harbour
- Park Hyatt Sydney, Hickson Road
What are the best public transport modes to commute around Sydney?
Sydney has an extensive network of public transport modes that includes light rail, commuter rail, ferries, buses and water taxis. Its public transport network works on a smartcard system called Opal. You can use Opal on buses, trains, light rail and ferries and is very convenient and reliable to use. The card can be topped up at many commercial locations, newsagencies and stores across sydney.
- The sydney ferries takes you on a trip across the beautiful sydney harbour. The sydney buses are also a good option to travel through the city especially because they operate 24 hours a day unlike trams and light rail that run only from 6am to midnight.
- Water taxis are another option to shunt around the harbour in as little as 15 minutes but they can get really expensive if one it is travelling solo or double. Private jetties and boats takes you from Circular Quay to Watsons Bay in a few minutes and offers good deals if travelling with a group.
Which are the best places for shopping in Sydney?
Sydney, one of the liveliest cities of Australia gives you a plethora of opportunities to shop for everything under the roof. Some of the best places for shopping in Sydney includes the Rocks Markets, near Sydney opera house and Sydney harbour bridge famous for some of the best art, souvenirs and gifts.
- Stylish shopping Centers in the Westfield Sydney, World Square and The Galeries offers some of the best Australian made hats, boots, and stylish clothes and jewelery.
- One can get their hands on the famous Akubra hats at the splendid Strand Arcade and a classic pair of Australian Leather boots on George Street nearby.
- The Grand Queen Victoria building is one of the most beautiful shopping centers in the world. It is home to some of the famous International and Australian brand stores. The Saturday market in Glebe is also famous for authentic food and trendy attires.
- Head to Bondi junction Westfield and you will find funky boutiques. If one wishes to shop for Australian Opals then the city center shops like the National Opal Collection and Volle Jewelry, are the best.
- Head to Paddington Markets, east of Sydney and you can find some of the best local boutiques and works of upcoming designers.
What is the best time to visit Sydney Harbor Bridge?
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of the most celebrated structures in Sydney offering one of the world’s most spectacular views. The Harbour Bridge is an essential part of Sydney’s culture. The best time to visit Sydney Harbour Bridge is at New year’s eve when the bridge is used in spectacular ways during the firework displays at 21:00 hours and midnight. The bridge is beautifully lit up against the exhilarating views of the Sydney opera house and the blue mountains for an unforgettable experience.
Consider taking a once-in-a-lifetime experience of BridgeClimb and explore the harbour with a climb of around 2 h 15 min for an adventure you will never forget.
Which performing arts take place in Sydney Opera House?
The Sydney opera house hosts the world’s greatest circus, music and magic performances. The performing arts in Sydney Opera house includes musical theatre plays, classical musical performances, contemporary music performances, Opera, dance performances, magic performances and circus. No trip in Sydney is complete without experiencing a live performance in the iconic Sydney Opera House.
Which are the famous beaches in Sydney?
Sydney is best known for its stunning beaches and spectacular coastline. With around 100 beaches in the city, it is hard to know where to begin and which one to choose. Go through this list of 10 most famous beaches in Sydney to not miss out on the must visit ones.
- Whale Beach, North of Sydney CBD
- Palm Beach, New South Wales
- Manly Beach, Manly, New South Wales
- Bondi Beach, New South Wales
- Watsons Bay, North-east of Sydney CBD
- Bronte Beach, Eastern suburbs of Sydney
- Avalon Beach, North of Sydney CBD
- Coogee Beach, South-East of Sydney, New South Wales.
- Tamarama beach, Located between Bondi and Bronte beach, New south Wales
- Bilgola Beach, New South Wales.
What are the major attractions of the Sydney festival?
The Sydney Festival lights up the entire city from the central business district to Parramatta. The major attractions of Sydney Festivals includes
- Roller Jam at Hyde Park
- The Night Market at Carriageworks
- Barangaroo Beach
- Glitterbox at The Sky Terrace, The Star
- Victorian Watercolours Exhibition at City Centre
- Museum of Magic, Darlinghurst
- Drama Theatre, Sydney Opera House
- Magic Mirrors Spiegeltent, Festival Village
- Posthumous exhibition from Australian Myuran Sukumaran
What are the timings for Glass Bottom Boat and Shark Feed event in Sea Life Sydney Aquarium?
The Glass Bottom Boat program starts from 10:00 am daily and gives you a rarely seen view of the Great Barrier Reef. The shark feeding program from the Glass bottom Boat commences at 11:00 daily and lasts for a duration of approx 30 minutes. When making a purchase in the online ticket store make sure to select the 11:00 tour as the feeds are scheduled around the needs of the sharks and shark feeding is not available any other time of the day.
How far Great Barrier Reef is from Sydney and what activities I can do there?
The Great Barrier Reef is at a distance of approximately 1,766 km from Sydney. The world’s largest coral reef system offers many popular tourist activities.
- Explore the Incredible Daintree Rainforest
- Take a scenic helicopter ride over the Great Barrier Reef.
- Experience an Ocean Safari trip
- Go White water rafting on the beautiful Russell and Barron river.
- Go snorkeling and diving in the ethereal blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef
- Explore the marine life of the Great Barrier Reef in Glass-bottomed boats and underwater observatories.
- Visit the secluded whitehaven beach.
- Embark on a Hot Air Balloon for incredible views of the Great Barrier Reef.
Which is the best place for cycling tours in Sydney?
What can be more fun than exploring Sydney on a bike? Several tour operators offers guided bike tours taking you downtown, showing you best places for cycling tours in Sydney, best places to eat and drink, and giving you an insight into the history and culture of Sydney.
- You can consider taking a bike friendly route to the amazing Secret Garden and Lavender Bay, riding all the way down to Darling Harbour as you take in the sights and sounds of Sydney!
- You can also explore the iconic Sydney harbour bridge and Sydney Opera house at your own pace. Centennial park makes for an idyllic location for cycling. Or how about exploring secluded coves and beaches like Collins and Manly, St Harbour National Park, and North Fort Artillery Museum on your own bike? Sounds like a plan!!
Where can I experience sailing in Sydney?
The spectacular coastline of Sydney offers some of the best sailing opportunities that includes whale watching, dolphin sighting and sightseeing.
- For the best sailing tours in Sydney, take a catamaran tour to the Sydney harbour and get spectacular views of the Sydney opera harbour and harbour bridge.
- One can also take a full day cruise to Darling Harbour and spot majestic southern right whales and humpback whales playing naturally in their habitat.
- Consider taking a full day guided sailing tour to Australia’s North Coast and spot playful Dolphins at Port Stephens. One can take a deluxe yacht and enjoy the stunning skyline of Sydney at Sunset along with spotting Dolphins and albatross at Circular Quay.
Where can I get whale watching experience in Sydney?
Sydney offers some of the best whale watching adventure experiences. There are various discovery and evening cruises that takes you on a whale sighting tour.
- Out of the many places to get whale watching experience in Sydney, one can go to Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. In this 2 hour whale watching cruise, one can spot majestic humpback whales swimming and playing around.
- One can also go for a scenic helicopter tour or Yacht trip over Sydney Harbour to spot Australian Southern Right and Humpback whales in their natural habitat.
- Hop on a speedboat cruise from king St Wharf and spot beautiful humpback and southern right whales from the underwater viewing chambers of your speedboat.
Which are the best adventurous activities in Sydney that we can book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best adventurous activities in Sydney that you can book from Thrillophilia:
- Skydiving In Sydney
- Axe Throwing Experience Alexandria Sydney
- Skydiving In New Castle
- Port Stephens Quad Biking Experience
- Bondi Surf Lesson
- Hot Air Balloon Sunrise Flight in Camden Valley
- iFLY Downunder Indoor Skydiving in Sydney
- Vivid Helicopter Flight over Sydney Harbour
Which are the best Sydney cruise experiences that I can book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best Sydney cruise experiences that you can book from Thrillophilia:
- Sydney Harbour Cruise
- VIVID Sydney Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Sydney Harbour Bar Cruise
- Sydney Harbour Tall Ship Twilight Dinner Cruise
- Sydney Harbour Tall Ship Afternoon Discovery Cruise
- Blue Mountains Wildlife and Cruise Tour from Sydney
- Festival of Light and Sound Cruise, Sydney
Which are the best Sydney attraction tickets that I can book from Thrillophilia?
Which are the best Sydney day tours that I can book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best Sydney day tours that you can book from Thrillophilia:- Buffet at Sydney Tower
- Sydney Ghost Tour
- Sydney Food Tour
- Sydney Bike Tour
- Broken Bay Pearl Farm Tour
- Jenolan Caves and Blue Mountains Tour, Sydney
- Blue Mountains and Australian Wildlife Tour, Sydney
- Sydney Half Day City Tour with Bondi Beach
- Sydney City Walking Tour
- Port Stephens Dolphin And Dune Tour, Sydney