Have A Fun Filled Day at Luna Park
- When looking for things to do In North Sydney, it is best to check out Luna Park, which is an iconic attraction in the area.
- This heritage-listed amusement park is located on the northern shores of the Sydney Harbour, and is home to a plethora of exciting rides, attractions as well as games that you can indulge in.
- Complete with roller coaster rides, slides, as well as rides for your little ones, Luna Park is surely a great place for a fun-filled day out in the city.
Location: 1 Olympic Dr, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia
Timings: 11:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. (Friday to Monday)
Book Now: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
Go Whale Watching
- There is nothing better to do in North Sydney than to set sail into the waters of the Sydney Harbour and go whale watching here.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the famous Palm Beach, located around an hour towards the north of Sydney, where you can catch clear sights of humpback whales, especially during the whale watching season from the months of May to November.
- When visiting the beach, head to the historic Barrenjoey Lighthouse, which offers some of the most spectacular views of the Humpback Highway here, wherein you can capture the views of the annual whale migration.
Book Now: Warner Bros. Movie World Tickets
Check out Balls Head Reserve
- When confused as to what to do in North Sydney, check out Balls Head Reserve, which boasts of a rich history.
- It is one of the most significant areas of urban bushland in all of Australia, and was often used by the local Aboriginal tribes until the early 1900s.
- It is here where you can find a lot of historic art sites as well as rock engravings, thereby gaining insights about the region’s past.
Location: Balls Head Dr, Waverton NSW 2060, Australia
Book Now: Skypoint Observation Deck Tickets
Stroll Around The Harbour
- There is nothing better than taking an exciting stroll around the Sydney Harbour when visiting the northern fringes of the city.
- The harbour area is lined with a myriad of attractions, both famous and offbeat, such as the Luna Park, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sawmillers Reserve, Blues Point and more.
- You can also find other attractions here, including the Balls Head, Berry Island, Kurraba Point, Cremorne Point and others.
Book Now: Ifly Gold Coast
Relax at Wentworth Park
- Relaxing at the verdant Wentworth Park is another one of the popular things that you can do when exploring North Sydney.
- Located near the suburbs of Glebe and Ultimo in New South Wales, the park is quite big, and boasts of various lush green open spaces and other facilities.
- The park also has a playground where you can relax, or enjoy picnics with your loved ones.
- Certain sections of the Wentworth Park still have creeks and swampy areas, which are also home to numerous bird species which you can enjoy catching glimpses of.
Location: Wentworth Park Rd, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Get Lost in Wendy’s Secret Garden
- Amongst the top Things To Do In North Sydney is to explore Wendy’s Secret Garden, named after Wendy Whitely.
- Whitely developed this site as a means to commemorate and pay tribute to her husband Brett in the 1990s.
- The garden is often said to be a secret spot in the city, which is hidden in plain sight, especially if you don’t know where to look.
- Offering some of the most phenomenal views of the Sydney Harbour, the garden is right next to the Harbour Bridge, and boasts of numerous mazes, picnic spots as well as different species of plants.
Location: Lavender St, Lavender Bay NSW 2060, Australia
Explore Cremorne Point
- Located just to the east of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and jutting out into the harbour, Cremorne Point is one of the most scenic and popular places to visit in North Sydney.
- It is also a great place to relax, unwind and soak in the rays of the sun.
- Cremorne Point is also a historic attraction, with several age-old mansions, lush green lanes, trails to walk on as well as a beautiful seawater pool, where you can even take a dip in.
- The areas around the pool are complete with huge trees providing shade, where you can spread your blanket and lie down to sunbathe, as you watch the other people exploring around, or the ships sailing into the horizon.
Location: 26 Cremorne Road, Cremorne Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Book Now: Sydney Tower Eye
Watch A Movie At The Hayden Orpheum
- When looking for what to do in North Sydney, pay a visit to the Hayden Orpheum, and watch a movie in this historic theatre.
- Located on the Lower North Shore, Hayden Orpheum dates all the way back to 1935, and is a heritage art deco structure wherein you can enjoy watching old Hollywood movies.
- There are 6 amazing theatres here, all of which exude the vibe of the eras gone by, while the main auditorium houses the Wurlitzer Hope-Jones orchestral pipe organ.
Location: 380 Military Rd, Cremorne NSW 2090, Australia
Timings: 09:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
Book Now: Hot Air Ballooning In Melbourne
Have A Swim at Balmoral
- One of the absolute best things to do in North Sydney is to visit the offbeat Balmoral Beach, located within the suburbs of Mosman.
- This is a narrow sandy beach flanked by lush green parks as well as a bustling shopping esplanade.
- With clear waters, less crowds and amazing views of the sun, the sea and the surrounding landmarks, the Balmoral Beach is also the perfect place to enjoy a swim.
- You can also enjoy romantic strolls with your loved one, or try different beach sports like football and volleyball.
Location: Mosman, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Visit Clark Park
- One of the greenest and most verdant parks located in the northern shore of the Sydney Harbour, you must definitely visit the Clark Park when coming to the city.
- The park offers some of the most spectacular views of the Lavender Bay, the Sydney Harbour Bridge as well as the city skyline.
- It is also a great place to enjoy fun-filled picnics with your near and dear ones, take relaxing strolls amidst tree-lined pathways.
- Besides the lush greenery and vibrant flower beds, the Clark Park also has historic sandstone walls.
Location: Harbourview Cres, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia