Sydney Weather in July
- July is the coldest month of the year in Sydney, thereby marking the peak of the winter season in the city.
- However, the weather remains rather mild and pleasant, with clear skies and a lot of sunshine.
- The average temperature of Sydney in July ranges between 13 to 17 degrees Celsius, with the occasional hot day or torrential downpour.
- Regardless, the month of July remains relatively dry, thereby making it a great time to enjoy everything that Sydney has to offer, from outdoor activities and sightseeing, to Harbour cruises, day trips to the surrounding regions and more.
Book Now: Luna Park Melbourne
Why to Visit Sydney in July?
- Sydney in July experiences the peak winter season, with a wide array of things in store for you.
- The beautiful mountains near Sydney are covered in snow, the schools are mostly closed, the crowd is relatively less and the overall ambience of the city is no less than vibrant.
- It is also during this month when Sydneysiders organise and take part in a myriad of winter events and activities across every nook of the city.
- It is also in the month of July when you can head down to the ski fields in New South Wales and indulge in a skiing adventure here, or try snowboarding, hiking as well as other adventure sports.
Book Now: Peninsula Hot Springs
What to Pack for Visiting Sydney in July?
- Full sleeved shirts or t-shirts
- Trousers or jeans
- Thick jacket
- Warm leggings or slacks
- Good hiking shoes, boots or sneakers
- Rain jacket
- Power adaptors
- Disinfecting wipes
- Emergency first aid kit
- Power bank
Book Now: Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne
Things to Do in Sydney in July
Sydney Opera House Tour
- When looking for things to do in Sydney in July, indulge in a tour of the Sydney Opera House, which is a famous UNESCO World Heritage Site and amongst the best opera venues in the whole world.
- Considered to be a masterpiece of 20th century architecture, the Sydney Opera House is also a great place to witness classic opera shows by Rossini, Bizet and others.
- During your tour, you can also learn about the construction and history of this amazing venue, whilst also exploring the passageways, chambers and other zones within it.
Location: Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Timings: 11:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m.
Book Now: Eureka Skydeck Tickets
Taronga Zoo Location: Taronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman, NSW
Opening Hours: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Activity Duration: 3-5 Hours
About Taronga Zoo:
Take a tour of the wonderful Taronga zoo and be ready to witness the amazing 350 species of animals. Here, you will get a chance to watch the amazing fauna of the zoo also with access to limited keeper talks, presentations, and access to the Sky Safari cable car. So, Book Taronga Zoo Tickets and see more than 5,000 wild animals living in their natural habitat.
Visit Sydney’s Madame Tussauds
- One of the best things that you can do in Sydney in July is to visit the Madame Tussauds wax museum here.
- This world-famous wax museum features lifelike wax figures of celebrities, historical figures, and other notable people.
- It is located in the heart of Sydney and is a popular tourist destination, wherein you can take photos with the wax figures of famous celebrities like Barack Obama, Kylie Minogue, Hugh Jackman, Chris Hemsworth and other famed personalities.
- You can also get your hands on souvenirs from the onsite gift shop.
Location: 1-5 Wheat Rd, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Timings: 09:30 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. (Friday to Sunday); 10:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday)
Book Now: Sealife Melbourne Tickets
- Aquarium Wharf, Darling Harbour, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- Wharf 6, Circular Quay, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Departure Time Slots:
- Darling Harbour: 10:15 AM, 12:20 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:35 PM
- Circular Quay: 10:32 AM, 12:37 PM, 14:17 PM, 15:52 PM
Sydney Harbour Cruise Duration:
- Darling Harbour: 90 minutes
- Circular Quay: 60 minutes
About Sydney Harbour Cruise:
Do you wish to go on a cruise in Sydney and capture the views of the Harbour Bridge? Explore the best of the Sydney waterfront on a relaxing 60-90 minutes cruise. See the most famous tourist attractions alongside Sydney Harbour from an open deck. Learn more about the city, its harbors, and beaches from the informative crew and live commentary.
Indulge in the VIVID Sydney Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Go for a memorable luxury buffet dinner cruise on VIVID Sydney with your friends and family when you are in the city in July.
- Set sail on this opulent glass boat from the King Street Wharf and cruise along the waters of the harbour for a couple of hours.
- Get a chance to enjoy an amazing cocktail-styled gourmet buffet for dinner, with delicacies from a variety of cuisines.
- Soak in panoramic sights of some of the most famous landmarks of Sydney during the cruise, from the Darling Harbour and Sydney Harbour Bridge, to the Sydney Opera House and more, all while sipping your cocktail.
Location: King Street Wharf #9, Darling Harbour, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Timings: 06:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
Book Now: Artvo Gold Coast Tickets
Meeting Location: Hop on at any of the stops along the routes:
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Opera House
- Circular Quay
- Darling Harbour
- Kings Cross
- Bondi Beach
- The Rocks
Operating Timings: 9:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Access Validity: 1-2 Days
About Hop on Hop off in Sydney:
Head off to an exciting tour around Sydney with unlimited access to the Hop-on Hop-off busses on 2 different routes: Sydney and Bondi. Both these itineraries offer unmissable views of the city’s main attractions along with pre-recorded commentary in 8 languages. Book this Big Bus open-top Hop-on Hop-off tour ticket and experience the best of Sydney with your loved ones.
Meeting Point: George Hanley Dr &, Cliff Rd, North Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
Operational Hours: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Activity Duration: 1 Hour (Approx.)
About Skydiving in Sydney:
Get the utmost thrilling experience like never before! Book this Skydiving in Wollongong Sydney and go on an unforgettable skydiving activity in Wollongong, Sydney. Feel your adrenaline pumping as you leap off from a height of 15,000 feet and freefall for around 60 seconds. A team of professional support crew will be there to assist you and ensure your safety. Let your tandem jump master handle the safety gear and release the parachute while you enjoy the spectacular view of Sydney's southern beaches and coastline.
Pick-up & drop-off Location: From your hotel centrally located in Sydney
Activity Pick-up & drop-off time: 07:00 AM - 06:30 PM
Activity Duration: 11:30 Hours
About the Blue Mountains Day Trip:
On this captivating day tour of the Blue Mountains, a World Heritage, admire the breathtaking beauty & discover Australia's nature’s magnificience. Go to Featherdale Fauna Park for close experiences with Australia's lovely wildlife and then to Scenic World for stunning views of the Blue Mountains. Blue Mountains Day Trip will be a treat to eyes for nature lovers. So, Book the Blue Mountains Tour to see the region's stunning natural splendour.
Activity Location: Westfield Sydney, Level 5/108 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Activity Timings: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Last Admission: 7:00 PM
Activity Duration: 2 Hours (Approx.)
About Sydney Tower Eye:
Sydney Tower Eye takes you to the highest point above Sydney for breathtaking 360 degree views of the beautiful city. The Observation Deck provides views of the golden beaches, the Blue Mountains, and the mesmerizing views of sunsets. The deck also offers state-of-the-art technology that includes high powered binoculars and multilingual touch panels that narrate interesting facts about the landmarks to the visitors.
Activity Location: Sydney Tower Eye, Westfield Sydney, Level 5/108 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Activity Timings: 12:00 PM - 08:30 PM
Activity Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (approx.)
About Sydney Tower Buffet Revolving Restaurant:
Enjoy a scrumptious buffet lunch or dinner at the Sydney Tower spinning restaurant while taking in 360-degree vistas. The sights change as the restaurant slowly circles during your meal from your vantage point high above Sydney's downtown. The Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, and the Blue Mountains in the distance are all visible through large picture windows. Enjoy lunch, dinner, or even a variety of delectable delicacies sure to suit your choices.
Attend Huon Valley Mid-Winter Festival
- If you are in search of things to do in Sydney in July, make sure to attend the Huon Valley Mid-Winter Festival, which celebrates the region’s apple-picking history.
- The festival is a much-anticipated annual event in Tasmania, Australia. The festival celebrates the winter solstice with a range of activities and events that are enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
- One of the highlights of the festival is the traditional winter feast, which features a sumptuous selection of seasonal produce from the Huon Valley.
- There is also a range of entertainment on offer, including live music, performances, and workshops.
Location: 2064 Huon Hwy, Grove TAS 7109, Australia
Dates: July 14th to July 16th
Book Now: Dreamworld Gold Coast Tickets
Take a Day Trip to Hunter Valley
- When visiting Sydney in the month of July, don’t miss out on taking a day trip to the famous Hunter Valley.
- Just a short drive from the city, Hunter Valley is home to some of the best wineries in the country, as well as stunning scenery and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
- Whether you're looking to sample some of the region's renowned wines, go for a hike in the picturesque valleys, or simply relax in the fresh air, a day trip to Hunter Valley is sure to please.
- You can also visit famous attractions here, like the Hunter River, the Brokenback Range, and more.
Location: Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia
Book Now: Skypoint Observation Deck Tickets
Spark Your Sense of Wonder at Mary Poppins Festival
- The Mary Poppins Festival in Sydney is a celebration of all things related to Mary Poppins
- Witnessing the festival is one of the most fun-filled things to do in Sydney in July.
- Celebrated in the streets of Maryborough, this festival is held every year in the city, and boasts of a wide array of different activities, events and other attractions for people of all ages.
- Some of the popular events include face painting and story-telling competitions, in addition to musical performances, etc.
- You can also enjoy a performance by a professional pantomime troupe during the festival.
Location: Portside Precinct, Maryborough, QLD, Australia
Dates: July 2nd to July 3rd
Book Now: Warner Bros. Movie World Tickets
Witness Scenic Rim Winter Harvest Festival
Held over two days in July, the festival showcases the very best of the Scenic Rim's produce, with stalls, cooking demonstrations, tastings and more.
There's also live music and entertainment, making it a great day out for the whole family.
In addition to getting a chance to taste the delicious local produce, wines and other delicacies of the region during the festival, you can also witness the Tractor Pulling Competition here.
Location: Aratula Community Sports Complex, Carter Road, Aratula, QLD, Australia
Timings: 10:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
Dates: July 2nd
Also Checkout: Theme Parks In Gold Coast
Book Now: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Tickets
Enjoy Australian International Music Festival
It is one of the world's most prestigious music festivals, attracting some of the biggest names in the industry.
Held annually in Sydney, the festival is a showcase for the best in classical and contemporary music, with a program that features both international and Australian artists.
It is during the Australian International Music Festival wherein you can witness the performances of Wind Bands, Jazz Bands, as well as musical icons in some of the most popular venues all across the city.
Dates: July 1st to July 8th
Also Checkout: Indoor Activities Sydney
Book Now: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets