One of the most beautiful attractions and tourist destinations of Pattaya is the Underwater World. It is Thailand’s first modern aquarium where the visitors can behold the brilliance of the undersea life. The Underwater World is a 100-meter long underwater tunnel, showcasing around 500 species of fishes. Visitors can either dive with the sharks & rays with the experienced divers or they can indulge in feeding the Kois with a milk bottle in the Koi pond.
A breathtaking sojourn in the azure glow of the realm of the sea, Underwater World Pattaya is the city's first and only underwater experience theme aquarium. Adorned with 105 meters long acrylic tunnels that make you feel like you're walking through an icy ocean cave, the park sports numerous attractions for visitors of all ages. Explore this mesmerizing underwater world as part of your Thailand tour packages and immerse yourself in the wonders that lie beneath the surface of the ocean. Divided into several enticing zones such as the Coral Reef Zone, Giant of Siam Zone, Shark and Stingray zone, the aquarium is also famous for Jellyfish in Thailand.
The aquarium is a visual treat for the adults and an educational experience for the kids. Every zone includes information about the species and their biosphere in the form of boards and placards. The aquarium is filled with breathtaking creatures of both docile and predatory nature. A few animals can also be fed and touched by beings for the ultimate underwater experience. With its surrounding plush with sandy shores, brimming beaches, racing rapids and rocky banks, the aquarium rests in the heart of the bustling city of Pattaya.
Featuring over 2500 aquatic animals, the aquarium is home to over 200 different animal species including sea otters, sharks and rare genus of ray called the shovelnose ray. With attractions like the touch pool, the magic tank, and the feeding ponds, the Underwater World of Pattaya is the ultimate ocean experience presented as the ideal tourist's dream.
Highlights: The Underwater World also plays a prominent role in marine conservation. Hence, to educate the common people about the same, frequent school visits and education programs are being developed by the Underwater World.
Price: INR 590
Underwater World Pattaya is at a distance of about 6.5 km from the Easter Airport, Pattaya. From here, one can reach the aquarium in several ways.
By Cab: Cabs in Pattaya are comfortable and safe. Their many online and telephonic cab services available in the city.
By Bus: You can travel to the south side of the Sukhumvit highway by using the baht bus. From here, you can take a bus to Underwater World Pattaya for another 10 bahts.
By Motorcycle taxi: Two-wheeler taxis are available for hire in Pattaya. If you are a solo traveller who is on a budget, a motorcycle taxi is an ideal choice for you.
By Private car or driver: One can charter their private vehicle or driver in Pattaya. This lets you travel within the city at your leisure whenever you want.
Suggested Read: Best Island Around Pattaya
The best time to visit Underwater World Pattaya is early at 9 AM right when it starts. The aquarium is filled with numerous attractions that one needs to explore fully. It takes a lot of time to take complete advantage of all the opportunities present in the park. A minimum of 3 hours is required to enjoy the park.
Hence, it is advisable to come as early as possible. In the morning, you can also witness various creatures having their first meal of the day during the feeding program. The best time of the year to visit Pattaya is from the early onset of winter in November to February. The weather is moderate during this time and mostly pleasant.
Suggested Read: Best Things To Do In Pattaya
1. Location: Underwater World Pattaya is situated at 22/22 Moo 11 at Sukhumvit Road in Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260.
2. Timing: The aquarium remains open to visitors all days of the week from 9 AM to 6 PM.
-For Foreigners: The price for adults if 500 baht and for children under 130 cm height the price is 300 baht.
-For Thai residents: The price for adults is 250 baht, and for children, it is 150 baht.
Read More: Nice Islands Near Phuket
1. Coral Reef Zone: One can wander through the enchanting acrylic tunnels to witness the beauty of the colourful coral reefs of the deep ocean. Hundreds of species of these distinct marine plants can be found in the aquarium in the closest simulation of their natural habitat.
2. Giant of Siam Zone: Adorned by a grand replica of a shipwreck, the Giant of Siam zone is known for its visual spectacle. The sunken shipwreck is now the residence of many marine animals.
3. Shark and Stingray Zone: Take a look at these erratic creatures as you take a stroll through the tunnels of the aquarium. Take an underwater experience as significant swimming figures from 180 degrees surround you.
4. Touch Pool Zone: A single pond made out of rocky creatures from the coal regions of Thailand. You can hold and touch rock-marine animals like starfish and sea cucumbers in this pond. The feel of shy aquatic creatures against your skin feels calming and therapeutic, and it feels like you are in touch with nature.
5. Open Ocean Zone: The open ocean zone of the Underwater World gives you the chance to come face to face with the deadliest predators such as enormous species of sharks, stingrays and lobsters of the deep ocean waters. This zone is the most thrilling experience of the aquarium as it gives you a direct insight into the vastness of the underwater world and the dangers it poses to the small surviving species.
6. Moray Eel Tank: With a snake-like body and sharp teeth, the moray eel tank is one of the most dangerous predators of the sea. One can witness this unique creature in a simulation of its biosphere in the Underwater World Pattaya.
Suggested Read: Places To Go In Pattaya
Underwater World Pattaya hosts various feeding programs in different zones for its sea creatures. You can feed koi fish and turtles at the koi fish feeding and turtle feeding zones. The koi fish are fed by scattering the prescribed food while the turtles are fed through sticks.
All the creatures in the moray eel, coral reefs, open ocean and giant of Siam zone are fed at specific times and for particular durations. Visitors can witness and partake in the feeding activities in the park. One can see the feeding activities in all the zones as they take place one after the other.
1. Moray Eel Tank: The creatures in this tank are fed during the afternoon at 2 PM.
2. Coral Reef Zone: The creatures in Coral Reef Zone are fed twice during the day at 10:30 AM and 3 PM.
3. Open Ocean Zone: The marine animals in this zone are fed twice during the day at 11 AM and 4 PM.
4. Giant of Siam Zone: The creatures of this are fed twice during the day at 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM.
1. Carry ample water with you.
2. Wear comfortable and light clothes.
3. Wear comfortable shoes as the aquarium is large and has to be explored by walking.
4. Do not forget to carry a camera with you. The scenic beauty of the oceanic creatures should not go uncaptured.
5. Do not forget to carry an identity proof with you. You will not be able to enter the premises without valid ID proof.
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Phuket Thailand