1. Jet Skiing- Get involved into water sports in Gold Coast and start your adventure by booking a jet skiing ride. There are various options you can look at while choosing for the best jet ski ride. The variation in rides occurs in the number of hours, prices and itinerary. You can hire a jet ski for a duration between 30 minutes to 3 hours at Surfers Paradise, Departs Southport and Main beach. At an average the adventure can cost you between $100 to $400, depending on the hours, number of participants and itinerary.
Cost- between AUD 100 to AUD 400
Duration- between 30 minutes to 3 hours
Location- Surfers Paradise, Departs Southport and Main beach
Timings- 9 AM to 4 PM
2. Snorkeling- Dive into the world of sea creatures on the beaches of Australia and set off on an unlikely adventure of water sports in Gold Coast. Wear all the safety equipment provided to you and make your way to Surfers Paradise, nearby the beach point are located several locations suitable for snorkeling. The most prominent site where you can enjoy diving is on Wave Break Island, where you might be able to spot more than 50 species of fishes.
Cost- AUD 120 onwards
Duration- 4-5 hours
Location- Surfers Paradise, Wave Break Island
Timings- 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM
3. Jet Boat Ride- The most exhilarating water sports in Gold Coast are Jet Boat rides. As you take your seat in a boat, get ready to catch the sights of the landscapes of the coast as well as the ocean at a high speed and feel the adrenaline rush when the boat takes a 360 degree spin. You can book for the exciting Jet Boat ride from the Surfers Paradise and Marina Mirage at a minimum price of AUD $ 60. In an hour- long water expedition you would pass through the landmark locations of South Stradbroke Island and Wave Break Island.
Cost- AUD 60 onwards
Duration- 1 hour +
Location- Surfers Paradise and Marina Mirage
Timings- 9:30 AM to 3 PM
4. Surfing- Take on the high waves of the mighty ocean of Queensland and enjoy surfing along the 57 km long strip of pristine coastline of the city. You can indulge in the water sports in Gold Coast on the Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks, Currumbin and Burleigh heads. You can rent the board at Surfers Paradise or at South Stradbroke Island, if you haven’t one with you. After a tiring adventure at the ocean, treat yourself at the local cafes and pubs.
Cost- AUD 20 onwards
Duration- 2 hours and more
Location- Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks, Currumbin and Burleigh heads
Timings- 10 AM onwards
5. Paddle Boarding- It’s certainly one of the most exciting water sports in Gold Coast which requires you to row a board and maintain your balance while standing. You can rent a paddle board and start with your journey of exploration on the Gold Coast. Take a tour of the beautiful waterways and mangroves of the coast, spot dolphins, catch a turtle or even cuttlefish, if you get lucky you might spot various tropical birds in the mangroves as well.
Cost- AUD 50 onwards
Duration- 1- 2 hours
Location- Tallebudgera Creek, Currumbin Creek Estuary, Kirra Beach
Timings- 8 AM to 5 PM
6. Scuba Diving - Make best of the opportunity of visiting Queensland and dive into the adventure of swimming with the colorful fishes of Australian waters. Indulge in the one of the most fascinating water sports in Gold Coast on the beaches of Wave Break Island. The expedition would last for half a day, your safety would be ensured by a PADI instructor.
Cost- AUD 165 onwards
Duration- 4 hours +
Location- Wave Break Island, Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks
Timings- 7 AM onwards
7. Parasailing- Indulge in this amazing activity of Parasailing at the Main Beach of Australia and enjoy one of the thrilling water sports in Gold Coast. During the activity all your safety needs would be taken care of, after a series of instructions you would soar 122 meters up in the air you can then enjoy the aerial view of the coast as you barge on the adventure.
Cost- AUD 105 per person
Duration- 1 hour and more
Location- Marina Mirage, Surfers Paradise
Timings- 7 AM onwards
8. Flyboarding- It’s time to show some moves with the water jet and enjoy the waters of Queesland in a new manner. The experience has been added very latestly in Australia and in one of the amazing water sports in Gold Coast. With the pressure of water jets you would raise upto 15 meters in the air, in this 45 minute session you would dive and soar above the water like a dolphin. If you wish to, you can hire the equipment and try the activity yourself as well.
Cost- AUD 200 onwards
Duration- 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and more
Location- Byron Bay, Surfers Paradise
Timings- 8 AM to 6 PM
9. Kayaking- Get indulge in an intense kayaking session at the Main beach and Wave Break Island in Queensland. You would depart from the Broadwater where you would be briefed about the activity and kayaking techniques. Afterwaters, enjoy sailing through the clear waters, spot dolphins, stingrays and enjoy some of the calming hours in the ocean.
Cost- AUD 65 per person
Duration- 4 hours
Location-Surfers Paradise, Main beach and Wave Break Island
Timings- 7 AM -4 PM