Gold Coast Water Sports
You are invited to enjoy several water sports in Gold Coast which is an all time destination for water sports in the state of Queensland. Not only can you try water sports like jet skiing, jet boat ride and many other such thrilling adventures, but as well as barge in the water parks of the city.
The thrill seekers can head on to the beaches of Surfers Paradise, Main Beach and other important locations like the Wave Break Island to start with their adventures in the waters of the city. Flyboarding has been introduced very lately and with parasailing you would be able to enjoy the bird eye views of the city. You can book for the desired experience online and pick from the best options that suit your preference of duration, timings, cost and other such itinerary. The famous Gold Coast watersports you must not miss are snorkeling which will let you explore the 54 fish species of Australia.
People Also Ask About Water Sports in Gold Coast
Which are the best water sports in Gold Coast to enjoy?
1. Jet Skiing- Get involved into water sports in Gold Coast and start your adventure by booking a jet skiing ride. There are various options you can look at while choosing for the best jet ski ride. The variation in rides occurs in the number of hours, prices and itinerary. You can hire a jet ski for a duration between 30 minutes to 3 hours at Surfers Paradise, Departs Southport and Main beach. At an average the adventure can cost you between $100 to $400, depending on the hours, number of participants and itinerary.
Cost- between AUD 100 to AUD 400
Duration- between 30 minutes to 3 hours
Location- Surfers Paradise, Departs Southport and Main beach
Timings- 9 AM to 4 PM
2. Snorkeling- Dive into the world of sea creatures on the beaches of Australia and set off on an unlikely adventure of water sports in Gold Coast. Wear all the safety equipment provided to you and make your way to Surfers Paradise, nearby the beach point are located several locations suitable for snorkeling. The most prominent site where you can enjoy diving is on Wave Break Island, where you might be able to spot more than 50 species of fishes.
Cost- AUD 120 onwards
Duration- 4-5 hours
Location- Surfers Paradise, Wave Break Island
Timings- 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM
3. Jet Boat Ride- The most exhilarating water sports in Gold Coast are Jet Boat rides. As you take your seat in a boat, get ready to catch the sights of the landscapes of the coast as well as the ocean at a high speed and feel the adrenaline rush when the boat takes a 360 degree spin. You can book for the exciting Jet Boat ride from the Surfers Paradise and Marina Mirage at a minimum price of AUD $ 60. In an hour- long water expedition you would pass through the landmark locations of South Stradbroke Island and Wave Break Island.
Cost- AUD 60 onwards
Duration- 1 hour +
Location- Surfers Paradise and Marina Mirage
Timings- 9:30 AM to 3 PM
4. Surfing- Take on the high waves of the mighty ocean of Queensland and enjoy surfing along the 57 km long strip of pristine coastline of the city. You can indulge in the water sports in Gold Coast on the Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks, Currumbin and Burleigh heads. You can rent the board at Surfers Paradise or at South Stradbroke Island, if you haven’t one with you. After a tiring adventure at the ocean, treat yourself at the local cafes and pubs.
Cost- AUD 20 onwards
Duration- 2 hours and more
Location- Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks, Currumbin and Burleigh heads
Timings- 10 AM onwards
5. Paddle Boarding- It’s certainly one of the most exciting water sports in Gold Coast which requires you to row a board and maintain your balance while standing. You can rent a paddle board and start with your journey of exploration on the Gold Coast. Take a tour of the beautiful waterways and mangroves of the coast, spot dolphins, catch a turtle or even cuttlefish, if you get lucky you might spot various tropical birds in the mangroves as well.
Cost- AUD 50 onwards
Duration- 1- 2 hours
Location- Tallebudgera Creek, Currumbin Creek Estuary, Kirra Beach
Timings- 8 AM to 5 PM
6. Scuba Diving - Make best of the opportunity of visiting Queensland and dive into the adventure of swimming with the colorful fishes of Australian waters. Indulge in the one of the most fascinating water sports in Gold Coast on the beaches of Wave Break Island. The expedition would last for half a day, your safety would be ensured by a PADI instructor.
Cost- AUD 165 onwards
Duration- 4 hours +
Location- Wave Break Island, Kirra Beach, Snapper Rocks
Timings- 7 AM onwards
7. Parasailing- Indulge in this amazing activity of Parasailing at the Main Beach of Australia and enjoy one of the thrilling water sports in Gold Coast. During the activity all your safety needs would be taken care of, after a series of instructions you would soar 122 meters up in the air you can then enjoy the aerial view of the coast as you barge on the adventure.
Cost- AUD 105 per person
Duration- 1 hour and more
Location- Marina Mirage, Surfers Paradise
Timings- 7 AM onwards
8. Flyboarding- It’s time to show some moves with the water jet and enjoy the waters of Queesland in a new manner. The experience has been added very latestly in Australia and in one of the amazing water sports in Gold Coast. With the pressure of water jets you would raise upto 15 meters in the air, in this 45 minute session you would dive and soar above the water like a dolphin. If you wish to, you can hire the equipment and try the activity yourself as well.
Cost- AUD 200 onwards
Duration- 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and more
Location- Byron Bay, Surfers Paradise
Timings- 8 AM to 6 PM
9. Kayaking- Get indulge in an intense kayaking session at the Main beach and Wave Break Island in Queensland. You would depart from the Broadwater where you would be briefed about the activity and kayaking techniques. Afterwaters, enjoy sailing through the clear waters, spot dolphins, stingrays and enjoy some of the calming hours in the ocean.
Cost- AUD 65 per person
Duration- 4 hours
Location-Surfers Paradise, Main beach and Wave Break Island
Timings- 7 AM -4 PM
Which are the famous beaches on the Gold Coast for water sports activities?
1. Surfers Paradise Beach- The beautiful white sand beach of Gold Coast is a hotspot for several watersports. The beach is spread over a stretch of two kilometers and is a perfectly safe spot for surfing. You can grill over some dinner at the beach and also enjoy a social gathering around the bonfire. At the beach you can find suitable spots for different activities like surfing, scuba diving, kayaking and much more.
2. Currumbin Beach- The coastal suburb of Gold Coast, Currumbin beach is one of the locations that attracts huge crowds. At the beach are located important sites like the Alley where the Currumbin creek joins the ocean, it’s a haven for people to escape the noise of the city. Take a walk along the Elephant Rock, stroll at the beach or try some of the famous gold coast water sports like surfing and kayaking, the beach has facilities for every activity.
3. Kirra Beach- The beach is one of the renowned spots on Gold Coast, famous for its turquoise waters, pristine stretch of sand and the spiritual home for surfing. There are several cafes on the beach from where you can take your coffee, and enjoy an early morning or late evening stroll on the beach.
4. Coolangatta Beach- Explore the picturesque Gold Coast on the sandy beach of Coolangatta, the glorious sunset and spend an overnight stay around here to enjoy its beachside culture. The beach is an all-time stop for all the surfers and many other water sports like kayaking. You can even find the migratory whales here in the months between September to August.
5. Burleigh Heads Beach- Enjoy the suburb of Gold Coast and dive into its waters to swim against the colorful corals and beautiful fishes. There are two distinct parts of the suburb, on the north-eastern part it’s a narrow coastal area bound by the corals while the southern-western part extends inland along Tallebudgera Creek. You can try surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and several other activities here.
6. Main Beach- The alluring sandy beach of Gold Coast is the most important beach here as well as the most considered place for surfing and other such Gold Coast watersports. After having some adventure in the waters, enjoy the cafe of Pavillion 34 and treat yourself with delicacies like pineapple fritters, fish and chips.
What are the important things to keep in mind before you go for water sports in Gold Coast?
1. It’s advisable to pack all the beach essential commodities and clothes like a coral safe sunscreen, water bottle, an extra pair of clothes, a towel and other such important things. You must carry this bag with you.
2. The cotton clothes are the most comfortable to enjoy the beach and take a stroll in the heat of summer. You must carry a swimsuit for entering into the waters or other clothes made of nylon.
3. Keep yourself hydrated while enjoying several adventurous sports.
4. Carry a small first aid kit as well as keep your phones charged.
Which are the famous water parks in Gold Coast?
1. The Rockpools- The waterpark is nestled on the Southport of the beach and it’s one of the best places to take your kids to, on a hot sunny day. The park is a good spot for children to enjoy the water adventures like passing through a man-made creek, a great lake for kids to pedal into a swimming lagoon.
Entry Fee- AUD 85 per ticket
Timings- 9 AM to 3 PM between Monday, Wednesday to Sunday; 11 AM to 3 PM on Tuesday
2. Sea World- It’s a marine waterpark in Australia where there are several exhibits of marine animals like jellyfish, electric eel and many other such marvelous creatures. At the park you would delve into several shows and presentations like a dolphin show, an interactive session with the marine animals and seals.
Entry Fee- AUD 110 to AUD 360
Timings- 9 :30 Am to 5 PM
3. White Water World- Welcome to another site where you can indulge in water adventures and enjoy thrilling slides. The park has arranged different rides for those under the age group of 6, others would barge on the rides like that of the Rip, the BRO, triple vortex, the wedgie and much more.
Entry Fee- AUD 90 onwards
Timings- 10 AM to 5 PM between Friday to Sunday; Closed on- Monday to Thursday
4. Wet N Wild Gold Coast- It's Australia's biggest and the best water park where you would explore the thrill rides, take your kids to the family slides and stay at the Cabanas. The heatskipping rides you must not miss at the waterpark are Kaboom, Super Ripper, tornado, aqua loop, constrictor and the black hole.
Entry Fee- AUD 49 onwards
Timings- 10 AM to 5 PM
5. Dream World- The waterpark has several things to enjoy like various rides, an ultimate day out with the native animals of Australia, water enthusiasts can certainly try the slides and families can visit the Dream World where there are arranged activities for groups of all ages.
Entry Fee- AUD 89 onwards
Timings- 10 Am to 5 PM, daily
Can you jet ski to the Great Barrier Reef?
Yes, you can enjoy Jet ski as well as snorkeling over the Great Barrier Reef. You can book the experience online and pick from the best options that suit your preference of duration, timings, cost and other such itinerary.
Which are the best spots for surfing in Gold Coast?
In Gold Coast you would come across several spots where you can enjoy surfing like Currumbin Alley, Burleigh Heads, Surfers Paradise, Wave Break Island, Tallebudgera Creek and several others. The sea is mainly calm at these spots with occasional high waves, beginners can practice surfing here while experienced surfers face the challenge of the waves.
What are the best activities and attractions in Australia that you can book via Thrillophilia?The following are the best activities and attractions that you can book via Thrillophilia:
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
Among the many attractions that lure people to Gold Coast, a visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary makes it to the top of the itinerary. Encased in around 27 hectares of protected rainforest, it is not less than a haven for nature enthusiasts and wildlife buffs. This wildlife sanctuary is a non-profit organization that has been enriching and replenishing biodiversity and wildlife at a rapid speed since the last seventy years and this is one of the best places to go in Gold Coast. You can spot here a prolific variety of birds, reptiles, insects, and mammals. It offers an unrivalled opportunity to watch the native species of animals in their natural bushland setting. The best thing about this wildlife sanctuary is that you can have an interactive session with the birds and animals that you haven’t even heard of before.You can hand-feed the kangaroos, cuddle up with a koala and get up close with the crocodiles and fishes here. You can also spot the koalas curled up in the trees, pelicans lying by the lake, wallaby and kangaroo feeding, and a hungry skippy looking for food here. If you’re someone who is not just happy wandering along the well-marked paths and gazing at the wildlife species, then you can even take part in the adrenaline pumping tree-top challenge course here. A wildlife hospital is also located in the sanctuary to ensure the good health of the wildlife species.Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has recently added a new section to its vast expanse known as the Lost Valley. Here you can collect information about the supercontinent of Gondwana, and you can witness here distinct species of flora and fauna.Click Here to Book Now: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
Dreamworld Gold Coast is the biggest theme park in Australia and is visited by more than one million people each year. However, it is not just its huge size but the immense diversity of attractions and experiences that make it such a loved-spot for locals and tourists alike. Besides being a family theme park, Dreamworld is also a conservatory which works at preserving tigers. Thus, it is not only a vacation spot but actually has great bio-significance for the people of Australia and this is one of the best places to visit in Gold Coast.It is home to many animals like Kangaroos, Wombats, and Koalas. This theme park is also famous for having a Tiger Island where you can witness diverse tiger species. It also gives great insight into Australian culture through a Corroboree that recites the history of Australia. The balance that the makers have managed to achieve between culture and fun is probably what makes it one of the top places to visit in Australia. You can also enjoy shopping here and fun exploration of your favourite wildlife species. You can also spot here an entire section devoted to educational experiences revolving around the Aboriginal communities. The diverse nature of this park is also reflected in the food joints here, which offer everything from fast food to authentic culinary cuisine. Thus, Dreamworld Gold Coast is almost like a mini-Australia that gives you a chance to get a great insight into the culinary, cultural, and ecological aspects of the country- all while having fun on amazing rides!Click Here to Book Now: Dreamworld Gold Coast Tickets
Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast happens to be a water park situated in Oxenford, Gold Coast, Queensland. The water park is owned and operated by the village roadshow theme parks and is one of the most popular water parks in Queensland.This is for the reason that, in the year 2009 it has received almost 1,095,000 visitors, which made it rank first in Australia and eighth in the whole world. The park was opened for public in the year 1984. The park remains open for visitors all over the year with heated water in the winter season.There are four water pools, seventeen different water slides for adults, and two specially constructed places for children inside the park. Some of the major attractions of the Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast are Kamikaze, Tornado, Blackhole, AquaLoop, Buccaneer Bay, Calypso Beach, Constrictor, Flowrider, and many more. A visit to the Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast will not only impress you by its amazing world-class water park facilities, but it will also delight your taste buds with various types of mouth watering delicacies in its in house eateries Bombora Burger Bar, Oasis Ice Cream Parlour, Snack Shack, and Go Frozen" Frozen Coke Bar.Finally yet importantly, to keep the memoirs alive all the time, you can opt to go for souvenir shopping and take some of the collectibles that will keep the memory of this trip to the park alive all through your life.Also Read: Monuments in Australia