What to Do in Gold Coast ?Climb at Q1, Jet Boat Ride, Explore the Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Go for Whale Watching Cruise, Surfing, Take the Brewery Tour, Visit the Majestic Mount Tamborine, Island Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour, Scuba Diving at Wave Break Island and many more.
Gold Coast is Australia’s favorite holiday destination that manages to delight vacationists of all ages by keeping them engaged. With its chill vibes and golden sandy beaches in the limelight, there are several things to do in Gold Coast. For a thrilling and quite a memorable experience, you can climb up the tallest building Q1 and witness a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset from the top. For an entirely different experience, there is also the option for fun brewery tours to get a taste of different kinds of beers.
Gold Coast is also home to many interesting water sports that bring smiles to visitors. Due to this, a lot of locals, as well as tourists, come for a plethora of adrenaline rushing activities to do in Gold Coast. You can Jetski your way through the sea or spend a day surfing on the crazy waves as it is a surfers paradise for many. There is even an option to go on a cruise in the deep blue waters and spot the huge whales. Here you can also get access to the island kayaking and snorkelling tours that provide you with the appropriate equipment as well. For a change of pace, just sunbathe while reading a book on the beach.
For nature lovers as well, there are many activities to do in Gold Coast. Here they can wander around in the lush forests and hike to the majestic mountains. Having fun with the fuzzy koalas in the national parks around is also one of the favorite things to do in Gold Coast among tourists.
Things to Do in Gold Coast
People Also Ask About Gold Coast Things To Do
What are some of the best things to do in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is the best coastal region of Australia housing some of the finest beaches and places in the country. Tourists can walk along the tranquil beaches or feel the adventure in the various amusement parks. From relaxation, exploration, partying or shopping, tourists can do all of these in Gold Coast.
Below are some of the best things to do in Gold Coast:
1. Visit the Surfers Paradise Beach: Ride, Surf and Dive, are some of the best adventurous things to do in Gold Coast which you can enjoy at the Surfers Paradise Beach. Swim in one of the safest beaches under the patrolling of three lifeguard towers.
Wave along the 2 kilometres stretch of golden sand and rolling surf, to get the most enthralling adventures and explore more about what to do in Gold Coast around. Make sandcastles, dip in the waters, embrace the evenings, with the soft light strolls at the beach. Or you can enjoy shopping at the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets on selected days from 4:00 to 9:00 pm.
Location: Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia
2. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Scouting: One of the best things to do in Gold Coast is immersing yourself in the iconic Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, cuddling Koalas and feeding kangaroos. Scout for birds, animals and a variety of fauna in the 27 hectares of rainforests. Be a part of magnificent outdoor themed playgrounds, islands, and open animal enclosures. You can delight yourself with a free-flight bird show, High Rope adventures, Segway tours and a special train for your little munchkins. The extended wildlife include Lemurs, echidna, tamarins, Red pandas, Capybaras and exotic reptiles.
Location: 28 Tomewin Street, Currumbin Queensland 4223, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 50-60 per person.
3. Enchant in the Sea World Adventures: Sea World Adventures is one of the largest marine parks of Australia. Partake in the prominent activities to do in Gold Coast, like the dolphins feeding and playing the stunts of sea lions, jet skiing and more here. You can be enthralled around polar bears, penguins, tropical fishes, sharks, and rays. Participate in the sea-themed rides, explore mammal park, oceanarium, and theme park to get a wholesome feel of the Sea World adventures. Get the top view with the monorail, for the entire sea adventures magnificence, and get awed.
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 90-110 per person.
Location: Sea World Drive, Main Beach, Queensland, 4217, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
4. Live in the Warner Bros Movie World: Have fun in the Warner Bros Movie world where entertainment comes to real life. Amuse yourself in the theme park with the 3D interactive rides, parades of main street, and the Looney Tunes.
Special attractions are the rides built around shows and favourite characters like DC Rivals Hypercoaster, the Doomsday Destroyer, and the Green Lantern Coaster. Vibe with the themes of the Scooby Doo, and Spooky Coaster with high-tech special effects and surprises.
Pricing: Average pricing ranges around AUD 90-200 per person.
Location: Pacific Motorway, Gold Coast, Queensland
Timing: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
5. Kirra Beach Explorations: Coolangatta, the starting point of Kirra Beach is one of the wonders of the region. Catch soothing vibes any hour of the day with activities like swimming, sunbathing, paddleboarding and more.
You can also explore Cafés and restaurants around for the fulfilment of your aesthetic needs. Experience creatures like moray eels, nudibranchs, octopuses and more playing around the cloaked rocks here.
Location: 10 Charlotte St, Coolangatta QLD 4225, Australia
Timing: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
6. Seek Dreamworld Mysteries: You can enjoy many adventures and attractions of the biggest theme park of Australia.The movie character attractions along with live shows is the best of what to do in Gold Coast. You will also get hosted by Australian native animals to feel the warmth and love of the country.
Interact with crocodiles, kangaroos, and dingos at Dreamworld Corroboree. Pick the serene sunset safari to meet endangered big cats at Tiger Island
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 100-140 per person
Location: Dreamworld Parkway, Coomera, Queensland 4209, Australia
Timing: Monday to Thursday 10:30 Am- 4:00 PM, Friday to Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00P
7. Climb at Q1: Q1 is one of the tallest buildings on the planet. The height of Q1 is 322 metres from bottom to top. One can view the best sunset and sunrise of the Gold Coast at the top of Q1. Q1 is highly visited by tourists who aspire to seek adventure and thrill.
After reaching the top, you’ll be guided and tied with a safety harness. Post that, you can stand along the stairs and see the magnificent sanguine sun setting among the clouds with awe dropping views of the ocean.
Price: $30 for Adults, $19 for Children
8. Jet Boat Ride: With many things to do in Gold Coast, one can opt for the extreme Jet Boat Ride at Surfers Paradise. Surfers Paradise is one of the most popular resorts in Gold Coast. It hosts the most thrilling and exciting Jet Boat ride in Gold Coast. Departing from Surfers Paradise, the Jet Boat ride takes you through the wonderful waters at some thrilling speeds.
Enjoy the speed and the splashes of water on your face. Ride the adrenaline-packed Jet Ski Ride.
Price: $168 for Adults (Jet Ski and Helitour) and $136 for Children (Jet Ski and Helitour)
9. Explore the Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre: Among the various activities to do in Gold Coast, Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre is one of the finest places where tourists can learn about the history and culture of the Gold Coast.
Connect with the unique and indigenous culture of Gold Coast at the Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre. The centre is covered with rainforests and lush bushes which portrays the way of life of the ancient Yugambeh people of Queensland. If you want to know about the place and Yuganbeh people in-depth with some fine and true stories, it is recommended to hire a local guide.
Price: $30 for Adults and $15 for Children.
10. Go for Whale Watching Cruise: Gold Coast is among the finest places in Australia where one can go for Whale watching. The period from June to November becomes the best season to go for Whale Watching as more and more herd of whales swim near the shore of the Gold Coast. There are many cruise options for Whale Watching in the city.
One can witness some of the rarest humpback whales and Orca whales. Orca whales are said to be the rarest whales among all the species found in Australia. One can also see some dolphins, turtles, flying fish and sharks on the cruise.
Price: It can vary between $65 to $75.
Click Here To Book: Whale Watching Cruise
11. Visit Lamington National Park: One of the finest things to do in Gold Coast is to visit Lamington National Park. If you are keen on bird-watching, Lamington National Park is the perfect place. You can also learn and know about the native Australian birds and animals at the Lamington National Park.
Inside the park, there is a place called O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. Located between the wild and lush green forests, O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is a villa, where one can stay and rejuvenate themself in the midst of the national park. With spa rooms and a mind-blowing observation deck, O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is one of the finest places in Lamington National Park.
Click Here To Book: Lamington National Park
12. Surfing: If you visit the Gold Coast, go for a surf lesson in the crystal clear and azure water of the Pacific Ocean. One of the finest activities to do in Gold Coast, surfing in Gold Coast is popular around the globe. People from all over the world visit the Gold Coast to do surfing. With numerous Surfing schools and resorts which offer the finest and the craziest surfing experience, one must enjoy this lifetime experience.
Surfing becomes more fun and exciting with the wetsuit on and the golden sun in the sky.
13. Take the Brewery Tour: House of the most famous Brewery in Queensland, Burleigh Brewery Co. is one of the most exciting activities to do in Gold Coast. Explore and taste the various types of beers at the Burleigh Brewery Co.
The various types of beers one can get here are:
Burleigh Big Head (4.2% Alcohol)
Burleigh Twisted Palm (4.2% Alcohol)
Burleigh 28 (4.8% Alcohol)
Burleigh Fig Jam (7.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh My Wife's Bitter (4.8% Alcohol)
Burleigh Black Giraffe (5.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh Blonde (5.0% Alcohol)
Burleigh Mid-Tide (3.0% Alcohol)
Price: $50 for 2 hours (1-hour tour and 1 hour of tasting)
14. Visit the Majestic Mount Tamborine: Located in the oldest National Park of Queensland (Tamborine National Park), Mount Tamborine is a paradise in itself. Mount Tamborine is a small hill surrounded by waterfall and lakes. It is one of the most picturesque places in Queensland and is an unknown place among tourists.
Mount Tamborine is around a 40-minutes drive from Main Gold Coast and one can find some of the finest restaurants and cafes near Tamborine National Park.
Price: $19.50 for adults and $9.50 for children
Also Book: Eureka Skydeck Tickets
What all adventure sports can be done in Gold Coast?
If you are wondering about what to do in Gold Coast beaches, you can enjoy many different activities like skydiving from huge heights. These all consuming activities along with the sightseeing from a hot air balloon, the safe and secure indoor skydiving, the adventures of ice skating and hiking & biking alongside the natural trails makes you eager to want more.
1. Skydiving: Skydiving, one of the most popular activities to do in Gold Coast, as you can witness the paranomic view of the city. You will get all the safety gear and equipment from the vendors at the site so that you can enjoy the activity worry free.
Location: 18 Coyne Street, Coolangatta, Queensland, 4225, Australia
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 300-400 per person.
2. Axe Throwing: Enjoy the lifetime experience of Lumber Punk Axe throwing, one of the unique activities to enjoy in the Gold Coast. You will get professional guidance from the natives on how to throw the Axe which will definitely let you experience the adventure and thrill of a game.
Location: 19 Ozone Parade, Miami, Queensland, 4220, Australia
Pricing: Average price ranges around AUD 50 per person.
3. Hot Air balloon ride: Enjoy the Hot air balloon ride in the city which is one of the best activities if you are looking for what to do in Gold Coast. The hot air balloon will let you see the panoramic views of the city and make you feel the adrenaline rush.
Also Book: Icebar Melbourne Tickets
Location: 23 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Pricing: Average prices range around AUD 400 per person
4. Indoor Skydiving: If you are afraid of heights and don’t want to take the risk in the open air of Skydiving then you can try iFly. This is the best place to enjoy skydiving in an indoor safe place in the presence of a trainer.
Location: 3084 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, 4217, Australia
Pricing: Average prices range between AUD 100-200 per person.
5. Canyon Flyer Zipline: Experience Canyon Flyer Zipline, one of the most adventurous activities to do in Gold Coast. During the activity you will enjoy the lush green rainforests in Mount Tamborine, Australia's largest guided zipline activity. You soar and swing through 7 ziplines at a high speed of 70kmph at 60 metres altitude.
Location: Thunderbird Park, Canyon Flyer Zipline | Tamborine Mountain, QLD.
Pricing: Average prices range between AUD 110-150 per person.
6. Ice Skating: If you are looking to glide in the ice through wheels, ice skating can be a fun addition to your vacation. As you will get the enthralling experience of ice skating and enjoy the many other games like Ice Hockey, Figure Skating or Ice Dancing even more
Location: 15 Strathaird Rd, Bundall QLD 4217, Australia
Pricing: Average prices range between AUD 20 per person
7. Biking and hiking: If you are looking for what to do in Gold Coast, here you can ride and trek along challenging roads, peaks, water streams, downhills and add lifetime experiences. Enjoy the hiking with the thrill as you will ride a bike on the hiking trails which will definitely give you an adrenaline rush.
Location: 6/110 Kortum Dr, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220, Australia
Pricing: Average prices range between AUD 100-200 per person
8. Island Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour: Visit the South Stradbroke Island and start your day with a superb kayak tour. From the island, visit Wavebreak island and see some beautiful turtles. At Wavebreak Island, go for snorkelling and visit the secluded beaches on the island. Alongside kayaking and snorkelling, one can enjoy the tranquil beaches and the silent waters of the tour.
In the Island Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour, you will get the hotel pickup and drop service and guide service.
Price: $100-$110 per person
Click Here To Book: Kayaking and Snorkeling tour
9. Parasailing: Among the various activities to do in Gold Coast, Parasailing is one of the most adventurous activities. Float in the sky and get a stunning view of the beaches and various skyscrapers of Gold Coast. With the perfect safety measures available, you can enjoy the finest Parasailing experience.
10. Jet Boat Ride: Get an adrenaline rush as you set out for the most adventurous Jet Ski ride in Gold Coast. Starting from the main beach of Gold Coast, this Jet Ski Boat Ride will take you through the water of the Pacific Ocean. With the speed and perfect sightseeing, experience some moves like 360-degree spins and many more.
This 1-hour Jet Ski ride will travel for around 35 km in the tranquil water.
11. Scuba Diving at Wave Break Island: One of the most exciting things to do in Gold Coast is Scuba Diving at Wave Break Island. Explore the exotic marine life of Wave Break Island in this exciting 4-hour Scuba Diving adventure.
With hotel pick up and drop-off service, opt for this perfect scuba diving experience.
Book Now: Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne
Which are some must-try water sports in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is world-famous for its water sports and there are many water sports options available. Some of the must-try water sports in Gold Coast are as follows:
The beaches are world famous for water activities to do in Gold Coast. You can pick parasailing, go surfing in the tides, try scuba diving on beaches like surfers paradise, rainbow bay or more which can be enjoyed by every age group. Or you can pick a Jet Boat or Jet Ski tour for the watercraft and water bike adventures for thrill.If you are looking for relaxing activities, you can try scuba diving, swimming and many more which will let you discover the underwater world.
1. Parasailing Wonders: Indulge yourself in Parasailing which is one of the most adventurous activities to do in Gold Coast. You will get towed to the speedboat and a parachute and you will get the panoramic view of the area. You will start with an expert for an hour, who takes you on a short boat journey to the parasailing launching point. And finally while sailing, you will see beautiful sights with the 360-degree vistas from South Stradbroke Island to Wave Break Islands. It is one of the best relaxation and recreational things to do in Gold Coast.
Pricing: Average price ranges around $120.00 AUD per person.
2. Jet Boating Adventures: Embark on the seafaring adventure with jet boating, the absolute favourite family activity to do in Gold Coast. With the adventure, you will get to see wildlife marine creatures like dolphins, wallabies, dugongs and more. Here you will find a constant beach buzzing sound everywhere with insightful information from your trip guide’s commentary. On the journey, you will be amazed by all the sea creatures. The high speed will also add incredible adventure to your Jet boating activity, as it's more than just a thrill ride that sails you through Moreton Bay Marine Park.
Pricing: Average price ranges around $59.00 AUD per person.
3. Leap for Scuba Diving: Jump in the sea water and explore marine life by scuba diving in which you can explore the wonderful ecosystem underneath the sea, after a proper induction. The activity not only relaxes your mind but also you will learn about the different sea creatures. You will be accompanied by the guide who will explain to you about the underwater world like fishes, coral reefs, and many more. There are plenty of vendors who will provide you all the gear and equi required for the activity.
Pricing: Average price ranges around $129.00 AUD per person.
4. Partake in Jet Ski Tours: If you want to experience the perfect rush of adrenaline through the marine activities in Gold coast, you must try the Jet ski tours. Here you will tour with the professional team handling the Jet ski safaris, and you get to explore the rarefied mangroves, along the way of sand bars through narrow tidal passages. You will be mesmerised as you might find the joyful dolphins playing around during your ski tour. The time duration of your jet skiing tour completely depends on your adventure calibre which generally starts from 30 minutes to full day ride.
Pricing: Average price ranges around $130.00 AUD per person.
5. Enjoy Sailing: Cruise along the boat charter for an unforgettable experience of sailing in the Gold coast. You can voyage around the coasts appreciating the serene beauty, calm atmosphere and the ultimate harbour. With one of the largest vessels to sail, you get to delight your senses for the best life experiences. So relax and rejuvenate yourself, with the scenic shots and by admiring the horizon. Also comfort yourself, by impressing your family with an expansive deck, cabins and spacious cockpits, with every sail.
Price: Average price ranges around $40.00 AUD per person
6. Wave Break Island Kayaking, Bushwalking and Snorkeling Tour: If you want to experience the best Kayaking, Bushwalking and Snorkeling Tour in Gold Coast in limited time, go for the Kayaking, Bushwalking and Snorkeling Tour on Wave Break Island.
Spot some stingray fishes and sea turtles on the silent beaches of Wave Break Island. Enjoy the best snorkelling and kayaking experience on the island. Go for a bushwalking experience in the lush-green bushes of Wave Break Island. Alongside this, eat some of the finest and fresh fruits.
7. Reef and Wreck Dive Trip: This tour is one of the adventurous things to do in Gold Coast. Reef and Wreck Dive Trip takes you to the shipwreck of the Scottish Prince Ship. One can swim across the majestic Migaloo reef and Palm Beach reef, which are one of a kind.
8. FlyBoarding: Blastoff in this Flyboarding session ai Gold Coast and fly over the golden beach and azure water of Gold Coast. This is one of a kind adventure and is one of the popular things to do in Gold Coast.
9. Paddle Board Tour at Surfers Paradise: Surfers Paradise is one of the most popular resort areas of Gold Coast. Running across the Nerang River, see the finest landmarks of the city. Opt for this paddleboard tour and experience a calm water ride through the Nerang river.
Also Book: Melbourne To Peninsula Hot Springs
Which things are must to do in Gold Coast during the honeymoon?
With a laid-back holiday vibe and the most romantic beaches, Gold Coast is the perfect honeymoon destination. Below are some of the must-do things in the Gold Coast during the honeymoon.
If you want to spend your vacation on an exotic beach with the love of your life, Australia’s Gold Coast has everything. You can surf, swim, dive and explore together for the best activities to do in Gold Coast, to have the best time of your life. With a partner you get to experience the picturesque sights, the adventure sports and the long walks. If you still wonder what to do in Gold Coast, you can visit and explore through small excursions and expeditions. You can visit the breweries and wineries as these are among the other exciting things to do in Gold Coast.
1. Parasailing: If you want to conquer the fear of heights along with your partner the Parasailing adventures are for you which is one of the romantic activities. As you will spend 10 minutes in the sky with your partner and observe the panoramic view of the area.
Location: 74 seaworld drive Marina Mirage, Main Beach QLD 4217, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $125 - 250 AUD per person.
2. SkyPoint Climb Experience: Sky point climb experience takes you to new heights with the tallest buildings of Australia, the 322-metre Queensland Number One (Q1) Tower. You can take a sneak peek of the beautiful view with your lady luck that will amaze you completely.
Location: Level 77, q1 building/9 Hamilton Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $85 - 110 AUD per person.
3. Natural Bridge and Springbrook Waterfalls Tour: Natural bridge and waterfall tour is one of the romantic activities to do in Gold Coast. You will get amazed as you enjoy the lush greenery, waterfall with your loved ones. Or you can walk hand in hand with your lady luck at the natural bridge.
Location: Bakers Rd, Natural Bridge QLD 4211, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $100-110 AUD per person.
4. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: You can visit the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the home of the highest collection of Australian animal species in the world as this is one of the best activities to do in Gold Coast. You can spend some quality time with your loved one in the middle of lush greenery.
Location: 28 Tomewin St, Currumbin QLD 4223, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $60 AUD per person.
5. Evening Rainforest and Glow Worm Experience at Tamborine National Park: One of the most romantic things to do with the love of your life is spend the night under the stars. Spend your night in the Tamborine National Park glow, where you will be surrounded with tropical greenery under the clear sky.
Location: Cedar Creek QLD 4207, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $70 AUD per person.
6. Hot Air Balloon Ride: The best food, the perfect warmth and the sky with the experience of a Hot Air Balloon makes an ideal date for your partner. You will observe the aerial view of the area which will definitely make you skip a heartbeat.
Location: 23 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Price: Average price ranges around $250 - 350 AUD per person
7. Jet Boat and Helicopter Adventure: The Jet Boat Helicopter Adventure combo rides fulfil you with the best adventures of all times. Impress your partner with speed rides, 360 degree spin tricks, and amazing views to enjoy the vacation completely. You can have the fascinating experience of finding the wild dolphins at Moreton Bay Marine Park too.
Location: 30-34 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Price : Average price ranges around $120 - 200 AUD per person.
8. Currumbin Beach: Visit the sandy shore, surf with professionals along the waves of Currumbin Beach. You can explore Elephant Rock, one of the largest formations in the nearby area, with your partners. Also embrace the quietness around magnificent views and have the perfect quality time alone.
Location: 828 Pacific Parade, Currumbin, QLD, 4223.
9. Discover the Markets of Gold Coast: One can find organic beauty items and fashion items at the Surfers Paradise Market made out of cane toad skin. Near the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, one can visit the Sanctuary Market which is held from 4 pm to 9 pm every Friday.
This market has several shops and restaurants which offer cuisines from the kitchens of Japan, Italy, Brazil and South Africa. Visit Carrara Market which is home to the largest market of homemade brooches and books in Australia.
Location: Gold Coast City Centre, Gold Coast
Price: Varies from market to market ($20-$50)
10. Go for Hinterland: One of the most popular things to do in Gold Coast during your honeymoon is to visit the Tamborine National Park. The national park is home to places such as large farms, calm villages, a superb coastal strip and massive vineyards.
Visit the most picturesque mountain of Gold Coast, the majestic Mount Tamborine. Offering the finest views of the distant skyscrapers and dense forests. One can drive to Goomoolahra near the park which is one of the finest picnic areas for a romantic barbeque lunch.
Price: $100-$200 (Villa Stay and other things)
11. Sunrise Stroll on Rainbow Bay: Take a long walk and stroll alongside your partner on the wonderful Rainbow Bay. Visit the nearby Froggy Beach which is covered by high perched green rock. Froggy Beach is one of the most beautiful and picturesque places on the Gold Coast.
Also Book: Yarra Valley Wine Tours
Which are the best places for surfing in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is the hub for learning Surfing. Below are some of the best places for surfing in the Gold Coast with the cost of learning surfing in Gold Coast.
1. Rainbow Bay: Among the best things to do in Gold Coast, learning how to surf at Rainbow Bay is the best thing to do. Rainbow Bay is the best place for beginners to learn surfing. With a clean and quiet beach to spend a day in peace, Rainbow Bay has many surfing institutes which teach basic to professional surfing.
Spend a day learning how to surf and after sunset, enjoy a tasty dinner at the Rainbow Bay Surf Club and other nearby restaurants.
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland.
Price: $40-$50 for 2 hours (Group lesson)
The private lesson is $130 for 1 hour and a half hour.
For 2 people - $95 each.
For 3 people - $80 each.
For 4 people - $70 each.
For 5 people - $55 each.
2. Currumbin: Currumbin Surf School located at the Currumbin Beach started in 1993 and is one of the most popular surfing schools in Gold Coast.
There are many surfing lessons. The details are as follows:
Group Lesson - $35-$40
Private Lesson - $110
Ladies Lesson - $40
Performance Surf Coaching- $220
Kids Combo (Private lesson + 3 Group lessons) - $195 to $225
Adults Combo (Private lesson + 3 Group lessons) - $210 to $220
Location: Currumbin Suburb, Gold Coast
3. Burleigh Heads: Burleigh Heads is a coastal suburb in Gold Coast that houses many surfing schools. Among them, Godfathers of Ocean is the best surf school. One can opt for the following surf lessons:
Kids - $130 (1-2 days)
Ladies - $40 (90 minutes)
Family Surf Lessons - Family of 4 $275 - 90 minutes
Family of 5 $325 - 90 minutes
Family of 6 $360 - 90 minutes
Private Lesson- Kids $150 and Adults $165 for 90 minutes.
Location: Burleigh Heads Suburb, Gold Coast.
Also Book: Hot Air Balloon Yarra Valley
Which are the best places for scuba diving in the Gold Coast?
Scuba Diving is one of the most adventurous things to do in Gold Coast. There are many scuba diving options in Gold Coast.
Here are some of the best places for scuba diving in the Gold Coast with prices.
1. Wave Break Island: Popular for snorkelling and kayaking, Wave Break Island is also a hotspot for scuba diving. Near the island, one can see some reefs underneath the water. Scuba Diving at Wave Break island lasts for 4 hours. You will be guided by a PADI instructor who will be with you the whole time. Wander in the underwater world of Gold Coast at Wave Break Scuba Diving.
After the completion of your scuba diving at the island, you will be awarded a certificate of participation and completion. This lifetime experience is one of a kind.
Location: Wave Break Island, Gold Coast
2. Open Water Certification Course on the Gold Coast: This 3-day certification course will give in-depth knowledge about the scuba diving world. From the classroom to practical training, this course is one of the popular courses among visitors who wish to get a Scuba Diving Certificate.
Not only do you get to learn a lot about Scuba Diving but also explore the wonderful waters of Gold Coast. The course spans for 3-days and in these 3-days, one can learn all the skills that are necessary to become a professional scuba diver.
The certificate obtained at this institute is of international importance.
Where can I go for wildlife safari in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is not only a hub of water sports and surfing but is also one of the finest places in Queensland to explore wildlife. Native to many rare birds and animals, Gold Coast has many wildlife safari places.
Here are some wildlife safari places in Gold Coast.
1. Mount Tamborine National Park: Mount Tamborine National Park is the oldest national park in Queensland. A unique tour, one can enjoy the experience camping and exploring the areas near Mt Tamborine National Park. This one of a kind tour consists of forest walk and special glow worm tour.
During the cold nights, one can enjoy some hot drinks and barbeque food items. In the tour, you will be guided to do some bushwalking in the rainforest. After sunset, you will encounter some beautiful glow worms.
Location: Mount Tamborine National Park, Gold Coast.
2. Springbrook National Park Tour: One can explore the UNESCO-listed Gondwana Rainforests in this 5-hour tour of the Springbrook National Park. Look-out for some ancient caves, magical lakes and tall forests. On this tour, you will be guided to places like Purling Brook Falls, Rainbow Falls and Numinbah Valley.
Get away from the hustling life and spend a magical afternoon at the Springbrook National Park tour.
Location: Springbrook National Park, Gold Coast
3. Segway Safari Adventure: This 90-minutes safari tour will take you across the Gold Coast. Take your Segway and ride through the beaches and the paths of Gold Coast.
Location: Gold Coast
What are the famous hiking trails in Gold Coast?
Hiking is one of the primal things to do in Gold Coast. Gold Coast is home to many popular hiking trails. Here are some of the famous hiking trails in Gold Coast.
1. Mount Warning: This 8-km back and forth trek is one of the most popular treks near Gold Coast. Many hikers summit this trek in the night to see the wonderful sunrise from the top. It takes roughly around 4-5 hours to climb. Near the top of Mount Warning, one would find the most difficult part of the trek.
From the top, one can see the 360-degree view of the Gold Coast and its nearby areas. At the base of the trek, one would find Mavis’ Kitchen. Eat some hot and fresh food at the restaurant.
Location: Northern River, New South Wales
Price: $10-$20 (travelling cost, no entry fee)
2. Killarney Glen: Owned by the Australian Defence Department, Killarney Glen is a popular trek among tourists. One would find a heart-shaped lake near the trek. It was not a popular trek place until the boom of social media came to the Gold Coast. On the way to the top, one would find a waterfall. This waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Gold Coast.
It is located on Beechmont Road and is close to the main Gold Coast area.
Location: Beechmont Road, Gold Coast
3. Coomera Circuit: A popular attraction in Lamington National Park, Coomera Circuit is a full-day trek that is a popular trek on the Gold Coast. This trek passes through a caldera, a gorge and ending near a river and meeting the Binna Burra tea farms.
Location: Lamington National Park, Gold Coast
Which are some of the famous beaches in Gold Coast?
Golden sand, misty winds and the majestic vibe - all in one at the various beaches of Gold Coast. There are many beaches on the Gold Coast. Below are some of the famous beaches in Gold Coast. The beaches are well known for activities to do in Gold Coast like adventure, sightseeing, explorations and more. Some of the most popular and spectacular beaches you get to see are Rainbow Bay, Currumbin Beach, Kirra Beach, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and more.
In all of these beaches, you can go swimming, surfing, relaxing or trying adventure sports. On Snappers rock, one of the beaches here, you get to experience some world famous surfing competitions. Also at Rainbow bay you as a surfer get opportunities to learn safe and exciting thrills.
1. Visit Rainbow Bay: Rainbow Bay is one of the wonderful stretches of sand adjoining a water body, loved by swimmers and surfers likewise. If you are confused about what to do in Gold Coast, then you immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the beach. You can enjoy sheltered swimming, perfect diving moments and make it a must visit beach while being in Gold Coast.
2. Sneak Peek to Currumbin Beach: One of the country's smallest suburban beaches, Currumbin beach is an extension of the pacific ocean. If you ever wanted to try thrilling activities like stand up paddle boarding, this is the perfect place for you. The beach also has safety features in which they use red and yellow flags to warn the visitors about the depth of the water level. You can explore the local shops and find amazing eating points too.
3. Kirra Beach Adventures: Kirra beach is one of the cleanest and prettiest beaches of Gold Coast, with crystal clear waters. You can experience exquisite serenity, calmness by sunbathing on the edges. And if you are a water baby, you will have the best time to surf, swim and paddle board here. You will also have fun with the happy and simple local natives and weatherboard shacks on the beach.
4. Scout Surfers Paradise: Surfers Paradise is one of the most popular international beaches of the Gold coast. This beach is covered with crystal clear water, golder sand with lush greenery which makes the perfect spot for the surfers. The picture perfect background, arcades, shops and the incredible natural shadows in the afternoon, is always there to charm you.
Explore the Pandanus palms and Tamarisk pines, the scenic beauty spots and you can take a simple walk to a boulevard lining too.
5. Broadbeach Explorations: If you want to explore the most glitzy and sunny beaches of the gold coast, visit the Broadbeach. Here, Pratten Park has the kids playzone, on the coastline, and a Pacific Fair Shopping Centre for you to take souvenirs. Also, you get to experience the most exciting and fun filled events like Blues on Broadbeach and Groundwater Country Music Festival.
6. Surfers Paradise Beach: The most famous beach in Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise Beach is visited in large numbers. The popularity of this beach is because of its proximity to the main attractions, shopping centres and other important places in Gold Coast.
One can find many restaurants and hotels near the beach. The beach is a surfer’s paradise as it is the most suitable beach for surfers.
7. Palm Beach: The cleanest beach in Queensland, Palm Beach is one of the hidden beaches of Gold Coast. Palm Beach is mostly visited by families and groups who often long walks on the clean golden sand.
The beach also houses a few playgrounds and open areas which have a few picnic tables and barbeques for public use.
8. Nobby Beach: Nobby Beach is a tranquil beach located on the coast of Gold Coast. There is a big park near the beach which is often visited by families. Surfing in Nobby Beach is pretty good as it gets some big waves.
Tourists often visit this beach to practice fishing. It is a popular spot for a one-day picnic.
9. Duranbah Beach: Duranbah or D-Bah beach is regarded as the best beach for surfing in the world. Tourists mostly visit the beach to surf and enjoy the waves. One can get a magnificent view of the beach on Point Dagger, which is located on the top of a cliff near the D-Bah beach.
Where can I enjoy the nightlife in the Gold Coast?
Gold Coast is popular for its nightlife and is home to many clubs, pubs and parties. Here are some of the finest places to enjoy the nightlife on the Gold Coast.
1. Melba’s On The Park: An underground nightclub located on Surfer’s Paradise Beach. Melba’s on the Park is home to a restaurant, a bar and a night club. On the ground floor, there is a restaurant and a bar and on the first level, one will find a wonderful club. With different lights and music of all kinds, Melba On The Park is a popular club on the Gold Coast.
Timing: 11 AM to 3 AM
Price: $40-$50 per person
Location: Melba’s On The Park, Surfers Paradise Beach.
2. Platinum Nightclub: Located on Broadbeach, Platinum Nightclub has hosted International artists like Will Sparks, Timmy Trumpet, New World Sound, Kyro, Brooklyn and many others. The club hosts an annual Psy-trance festival called The Eden.
Timing: 9 PM to 2 AM
Location: Broadbeach, Gold Coast
3. Vanity Nightclub: Vanity Nightclub is a very popular night club among the youth of Gold Coast. The club offers services like advance booth booking and quieter VIP rooms. It is one of the pocket-friendly clubs in Gold Coast and is visited in high numbers by tourists.
Timings: 9 PM to 5 AM
Location: Surfers Paradise Beach, Gold Coast.
4. Sin City: One of the most popular nightclubs of Gold Coast, Sin City is motivated from the various nightclubs of Los Angeles. Sin City is also one of the biggest nightclubs of Gold Coast and once hosted Justin Bieber.
The Ciroc Bar is the VIP lounge of Sin City and is one of the silent rooms of the club.
Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM
Location: Surfers Paradise Beach, Gold Coast.
Safety: Gold Coast is a very safe place to travel during the night. The city has rarely witnessed any incident happening in the night.
Which are some best cycling trails in Gold Coast?
One of the adventurous and exciting things to do in Gold Coast is Cycling. The city is home to many adventurous and beautiful cycle trails. Below mentioned are some best cycling trails in GC.
Mount Tamborine - 43 km round trip from Canungra to Canungra.
Little Nerang Dam to Springbrook - 24 km trail starting from Little Nerang Dam to Springbrook.
Hinze Dam - 60 km round trip starting and ending at Little Nerang Dam
Currumbin Valley - 20. 4 km round trip from Currumbin to Currumbin.
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - The biggest cycling trail which starts and ends at Canungra.
Can we go for kitesurfing in Gold Coast? What is the cost of kitesurfing?
Yes, you can go kitesurfing on the Gold Coast. Gold Coast experiences a clear and pretty, sunny sky. There are various providers who teach Kitesurfing. They are as follows:
- Kite surfing on Gold Coast
- Surf FX
- Sky High Kitesurfing
- Naish Gold Coast Kitesurfing
The cost of kitesurfing varies from place to place. One session of Kitesurfing can cost around $200-$250.
Which are some famous places for snorkelling in the Gold Coast and how much does it cost?
These are the famous places for snorkelling in the Gold Coast:
1. Stradbroke Island: Snorkelling in Stradbroke Island is one of the finest snorkelling experiences in Gold Coast. One can enjoy snorkelling and kayak tours on the island. With dolphins and turtles around the island, one can experience the best snorkelling experience on Stradbroke Island.
2. Wave Break Island: Home to over 50 fish species, Wave Break Island is one of the best places for snorkelling. Dive into the water and feel the fish swimming with you.
Which places are good for kayaking in Gold Coast?
Kayaking is one of the finest water sports to do on the Gold Coast. The city is famous for its surfing, snorkelling and kayaking experiences. Here are some good places for Kayaking in Gold Coast.
1. Wave Break Island: One can experience the finest and pocket-friendly kayaking experience on Wave Break Island. An average kayaking experience costs around $40-$60 on Wave Break Island.
2. South Stradbroke Island: Another popular destination for kayaking in Gold Coast, South Stradbroke Island hosts kayaking and snorkelling activities. Kayaking on South Stradbroke Island costs around $70 to $100.
What are the best free things to do on the Gold Coast?1. Relax at The Golden Beach: One of the best things to do in Gold Coast is to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the coast itself. You can stroll, relax and unwind with your loved ones on the golden sand and watch a glorious sunset behind the blue waves.
2. Visit the National Parks: Amongst some of the most adventurous things to do in Gold Coast, is to visit the national parks such as the Springbrook National Park, Lamington’s National Park, Mount Barney National Park and the Burleigh Head National Park, most of which are free to access.
3. Chill at The Currumbin Rock Pools: Situated at the Currumbin Valley, this natural spa can be your most coveted destination for free. You can relax in the pools amidst the picturesque gardens, local farms and adorable cottages.
4. Whale Watching: Whale-watching is one of the most popular activities that you can enjoy completely free of cost, where you can spot majestic whales along the coastline of Greenmount, Kirra Hill or Currumbin Rocks.
What are the best things to do in Gold Coast for couples at night?1. Catch the view from SkyPoint Observation Deck: At the SkyPoint Observation Deck, you can witness a mesmerising panoramic view of the Gold Coast, from a dizzying height of the 77th level of the Q1 Tower.
2. Play Twilight Mini Golf at Putt Putt Mermaid Beach: Trying out your golfing skills with your partner at sunset with the glow of the setting sun as the backdrop is one of the best and most romantic things to do in Gold Coast after sundown.
3. Cabaret Night at Dracula’s: Cabaret nights at Dracula’s is a popular night time activity on the Gold Coast, where you can listen to soothing music and splurge on delicious snacks and beverages with your partner.
4. Evenings at the Bowling Bar: Visiting this swanky Bowling Bar featuring ten bowling lanes, AV projectors, a karaoke room, pool tables and a mouth-watering array of food and cocktails is amongst some of the most memorable and adventurous things to do in gold coast with your partner.
Also Book: SkyPoint Observation Deck Tickets
What are the best things to do in Gold Coast with kids?1. Drive to Tamborine Mountain: Driving to Tamborine Mountain is one of the most adventurous things to do in Gold Coast with your kids. You can also indulge in a rejuvenating hike to the Cedar Creek Falls, Witches Falls and Sandy Creek Circuits.
2. Explore Sea World: If you are looking for things to do in Gold Coast with your kids, then you must visit Sea World. Here, activities such as swimming with the dolphins, petting seals and observing sharks can be very memorable for children.
3. Visit Warner Brothers Movie World: The Warner Brothers Movie World features a WB Kids Fun Zone and popular rides like DC Rivals Hyper Coaster Rides along with replicas of famous superheroes.
What are the best unique things to do in Gold Coast?1. Jet Boat Rides In Gold Coast: Experiencing a thrilling Jet Boat Ride is one of the most unique things to do in Gold Coast, while you are spending a vacation in Australia. It is completely safe and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
2. Treetop Challenge At Tambourine Mountain: The Treetop Challenge at the Tamborine Mountain is the perfect outdoor activity for adventure freaks. You can indulge in activities like the Skyfall jump, suspended bridges and zip lines, to name some.
3. Gold Coast Canyon Flyer Zipline: The Canyon Flyer Zipline is one of the most popular and thrilling things to do in Gold Coast with your loved ones during your holiday. It features seven enormous zip lines that cross over the breathtaking Cedar Creek canyon.
4. Go on a Natural Bridge Glow Worm Tour: Experience the tour of a lifetime as you explore the mind-blowing caves and the Natural Bridge smeared with larvae emitting a luminous green light. This tour also includes stargazing at night and an enriching walk through the Springbrook national park.
When is the best time to visit the Gold Coast?The best time to enjoy a vacation on the Gold Coast is between May and October. This consists of the late autumn and winter season, as well as the start of the pleasant spring season. This is the time when you can avoid tropical storms and experience the immense natural beauty of the beaches and forests of the Gold Coast.
How to reach the Gold Coast?1. Flight: There is no direct flight to the Gold Coast. However, the nearest airports are the Gold Coast Airport (19.7 Kilometres), Brisbane Airport (75.2 Kilometres), Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (93.7 Kilometres) and Lismore Airport (93.9 Kilometres).
2. Train: – Main cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are connected to the Gold Coast with efficient railway networks.
3. Bus: The most efficient bus route which connects the Gold Coast plies only from Brisbane. Services from other cities are slow and expensive.
4. Road: You can travel to Gold Coast via self-driven cars and rental cabs.
What is the best public transport to commute around the Gold Coast?The best public transports to commute around the Gold Coast are the G: Link Trams, Surfside Buslines and the Queensland Rails.
What is there to do in Surfers Paradise for free?Some of the activities you can enjoy at Surfers Paradise for free are:· Spend a day at the Surfer’s Paradise Beach· Shop at the Cavill Mall· Macintosh Island Park· Visit the Beachfront Market· Shop at Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre· Explore the Evandale Park· Pray at the St. Vincent’s Catholic Church· Stroll down the Soul Boardwalk· Visit the Opal Gallery· Relax at the Surfer’s Paradise Beer Garden
How many days do you need on Gold Coast?You will require a minimum of 5 days to enjoy the magical charm of the Gold Coast and visit all the picturesque tourist destinations and enjoy all the water activities that they have to offer.
Can we go for Underwater Scooter adventure in Gold Coast? How much is the cost?
Yes, you can go for Underwater Scooter adventure in Gold Coast. It is one of the adventurous and exciting water sports on the Gold Coast. Underwater Scooter adventure is conducted and on an average, it costs around $140 to $150.
Is it worth visiting the Gold Coast as a teenager?
Yes, it is worth visiting the Gold Coast as a teenager because the city has some of the finest activities that teenagers can do. The activities are as follows:
1. Amazing Night Clubs
Clubs like Vanity Nightclub, Sin City, Platinum Nightclub, Melba’s On The Park and many more which are open till 5 AM in the morning, enjoy the best clubbing experience in Gold Coast.
2. Best Water Sports in the world
With water activities like surfing, snorkelling, kayaking, parasailing, etc. one can enjoy the best water sports in the Gold Coast.
3. Adventure and Beaches
With Lamington National Park and Mount Tamborine National Park attracting the adventure seekers and beaches like Palm Beach, Surfers Paradise Beach, etc. a teenager can surely have some adventure in Gold Coast.
Can a non-swimmer do water activities in Gold Coast?
Yes, a non-swimmer can do water activities in Gold Coast. The safety measures and the staff at various water activity centres are masters of their work. One can totally enjoy the water sports at Gold Coast. With the perfect swimming costume and safety gears, you will be totally safe.
Is it worth visiting the Gold Coast for a family trip?
Absolutely, it is worth visiting the Gold Coast for a family trip. Gold Coast is home to many places which are perfect for a family trip. They are:
Best Water Sports in the world
With water activities like surfing, snorkelling, kayaking, parasailing, etc. one can enjoy the best water sports in the Gold Coast.
Adventure and Beaches
With Lamington National Park and Mount Tamborine National Park attracting the adventure seekers and beaches like Palm Beach, Surfers Paradise Beach, etc. a teenager can surely have some adventure in Gold Coast.
What are drinking, smoking and drug laws in Gold Coast?
Drugs, smoking and alcohol are banned at public transport places like bus stands, railways station, taxi stand, ferry jetty, etc. Also, smoking is banned in National Parks and tourist places.
What are the best water sports in Gold Coast that we can book through Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best water sports in Gold Coast that we can book through Thrillophilia:
What are the best adventure activities in Gold Coast that we can book through Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best adventure activities in Gold Coast that we can book through Thrillophilia:
Which are the best Gold Coast Cruise Experiences that we can book from Thrillophilia?Here is the list of best Gold Coast Cruise Experiences that we can book from Thrillophilia:
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
Starting its first show in 2006, the Australian Outback Spectacular is a fantastic attraction in Gold Coast that boasts incredible productions that touch the hearts of tourists with its rugged Outback stories. Every year, the attraction comes up with a new story that distresses the heartstrings of the audience and instills a feeling of courage and patriotism. It is a visual presentation of heart-touching stories through effects, innovative technology, and moving musical performances. The Australian Outback Spectacular offers a perfect location to spend a night out with friends and family.Before the actual show starts, the guests can enjoy the pre-entertainment at the Australian Outback Spectacular in the authentic Outback ambiance. They can click pictures against their favorite backdrop or take a snap with the furry star dogs and horses to cherish the moments forever. Visitors can even take a sip of refreshing beverages and relish live musical performances at Bazza’s Bar.The Australian Outback Spectacular entertains the audience with its show-stopping spectacle for about 90 minutes that will make you tap your feet and raise your cowboy hat at the country music performed by the cast. During the show, you will be served with lip-smacking three-course barbecue dinner, along with some delicious refreshments.Also Checkout: Theme Parks In Australia
Broadbeach is a suburb in the popular city of Gold Coast which has grown to become its most amazing place. Broadbeach has a lot of adventures and amazing places to offer to the visitors. A shopping hub and home to some of the most popular music festivals in the country, Broadbeach has hosted millions of tourists from different parts of the country.If you visit the Gold Coast, Broadbeach is a must-visit place to seek adventure and experience many amazing places. Among the several popular places in Broadbeach, one must visit the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre which organizes many international conferences and events. Broadbeach is probably the best location in Gold Coast for shopping with places like Pacific Fair which has more than 400 shops, cinema and many popular restaurants.With clubs like The Star Gold Coast and The Envy Hotel with their 24-hour gaming and casino centre, luxurious lounges, bars and restaurants, the suburb is the perfect place to enjoy the best nightlife in Gold Coast. For people who are travelling with children, the suburb has various fun-arena and gaming centres which offers an amazing experience.Broadbeach is also home to some of the finest hotels to stay in Gold Coast.With the most beautiful night walks on the streets of the suburb to the magnificent mornings, Broadbeach is a must-visit place in Gold Coast.Also Checkout: Theme Parks In Australia
Housed on the top floor of the Q1 building in Gold Coast, SkyPoint Observation Deck is a beachfront Observation deck, and the highest one of its kind. Situated at a staggering height of 230 meters above sea level, the Observation Deck commands a 360-degree view of the surrounding landscape, and offers the most scenic vantage point in all of the city and this is one of the best places to visit in Gold Coast.The Observation Deck looks down directly on the Pacific Ocean, and on the Surfer’s Paradise beach that surrounds it. If one is lucky enough, one might even spot some of the whales and narwhals swimming in the ocean at some distance! Sprawling across two levels, SkyPoint Observation Deck features a lounge bar, a spa and massage center and a bistro of its own.The Observation Deck is best known for its adventure sport option- the SkyPoint Climb. The SkyPoint Climb is an external building climb that takes climbers along a walkway fitted to the exterior of the building. This extreme adventure experience is one of the most sought-after attractions in Australia, and is especially popular for the stunning landscape views that the climb offers.The attractions at SkyPoint all have specific passes allotted for them, which must be purchased either online or on-site prior to the entry. The best time to visit the building would be during the sunset hours, when one can see the sun setting over the waves in the horizon.The Observation Deck offers a number of interesting opportunities for grabs, including live music sessions and specially themed dance parties. On Fridays and Saturdays, SkyPoint Observation Deck transforms into an 18+ venue. With popular music and a dance floor to offer, SkyPoint then becomes an ideal party venue.Click here to Book Now: Skypoint Observation Deck Tickets