Be it a classic family day out at the beach or an unforgettable surfing experience, Kirra Beach is renowned as one of Gold Coast’s must-visit attractions. Separated from Coolangatta Beach by the Kirra Point and known as the northern break of Superbank, Kirra Beach is among Gold Coast’s most family-friendly destinations. While it is popular as one of the city’s best surfing locations, Kirra Beach offers numerous relaxing activities as well.
Few Gold Coast experiences can rival the charm of Kirra Beach, which is fondly known as the “spiritual home of surfing” in Australia. A neighbour of Coolangatta Beach and the northern end of the iconic Superbank, Kirra Beach is popular among tourists as one of the most family-friendly places to visit in the city. From simple beach pleasures like sunbathing and sandcastle-making to activities that promise an unforgettable adrenaline rush like surfing and skydiving, Kirra Beach has something to offer visitors of all ages and preferences.
The high-quality barrel waves synonymous with Kirra Beach promise to provide unimaginable thrills to the most experienced surfers. Home to one of Gold Coast’s first surf clubs, Kirra Beach can be viewed from numerous vantage points, including the iconic Kirra Surf Life Saving Club, part of the heritage landmark of Kirra Beach Pavilion. Feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins as you indulge in skydiving adventures and dive into the enthralling Kirra Reef.
And if you are looking for some land-based fun, participate in the classic Kirra Park Run with international and local enthusiasts. Stroll and sunbathe on the beach as the young ones build sandcastles and play in the waters, and relish mouthwatering local and global cuisines at the diverse restaurants and cafes of Kirra Beach.
Also Checkout: Monuments in Australia
• Visit one of Gold Coast’s most family-friendly tourist destinations, Kirra Beach, and create everlasting memories with your loved ones.
• Renowned for offering one of the best surfing adventures in the city, Kirra Beach offers high-quality barrel waves that can thrill even the most experienced surfers.
• Explore the heritage-listed Kirra Beach Pavilion and its iconic Kirra Surf Life Saving Club for stunning views of the beach and affordable meals and beverages.
• Embark on the Kirra Park Run, an exhilarating run along the beach that has fascinated international and local tourists for years.
• For high-adrenaline activities, visitors can head for skydiving opportunities at Kirra Beach and dive into the magnificent Kirra Reef.
• Relish authentic local and global delicacies as well as freshly-caught seafood at the numerous cafes and restaurants that dot Kirra Beach.
• Click memorable pictures from the historical Kirra Shelter Shed, take strolls and build sandcastles as you spend a fun time at Kirra Beach.
Following, are the famous attractions to visit in Australia that you can book via Thrillophilia: