About Miami Marketta
Miami Marketta is the original street food market on the Gold Coast and is simply a blend of various nationalities. Located in the beautiful coastal suburb on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, it attracts a lot of people through its scrumptious dining, dynamic lively music, incredible atmosphere and eccentric entertainment. With seating for over 650 people at any given time, the street food dining area here is extremely international and also known for its extravagant music.
With over 25 vendors from assorted nationalities, Miami Marketta Street Food is a heavenly place for both tourists and locals. It is truly a family-oriented dining service which even includes a designated play area for kids to satisfy their entertainment through arts and crafts. Also available for private hire, the Miami Marketta frequently hosts extensive concerts, poetry slams and various other events. It is open to the public three days a week on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
The timings and the number of vendors, however, differ from day to day. This outdoor dining experience also has four on-site bars that serve boutique wines, organically Australian brewed beer and their exceptional cocktails. Miami Marketta is also the first-ever street food hub in the entire Gold Coast that hosts independent artists and local musicians.
How to Reach Miami Marketta
It is just a 20-minute drive from the Gold Coast Airport to the centrally located eccentric Miami Marketta.
The popular street market can also be reached via light rail which travels from Broadbeach to Miami Marketta.
A cab would be ideal if Miami Marketta is the only place one desires to visit directly from the Coolangatta Airport.
Best Time to Visit Miami Marketta
The best time to visit Miami Marketta would be between May and October. Gold Coast experiences bright sunshine for almost 10 months and the beaches can be fully appreciated during the summer.
Start of the year is not an ideal time for tourism as humidity increases exponentially and the city sees a lot of rainfall. As the city experiences incredible sunshine, even the winters (June to August) are prone to sunny days. At night, however, the temperature may decrease up to 11 degrees.
The Miami Marketta Street Food is open only on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to the public, and the timings differentiate accordingly. It would be ideal to visit the street food on Friday or Saturday nights as the vendors are reduced on Wednesday nights.
What Not to Miss at Miami Marketta
Here are some of the best places to visit near Miami Marketta
1. Surfers Paradise: Surfers Paradise is a coastal suburb in the Gold Coast, Eastern Australia which is 10 kilometres (6 miles) from Miami Marketta. Surfers Paradise offers the best of shopping accessories with its various centres within and a great deal of fun with the encouragement of amusement parks. One such park is Adrenalin Park, which offers mini-golf, Slingshot and Vomatron rides. Apart from this, Surfers Paradise also hosts a Festival to celebrate local music, food, fashion, film and art.
2. Nobby Beach: Nobby Beach is located in the heart of Miami, and is less than a kilometre away from Miami Marketta. Nobby Beach ensures numerous options of activities while in the city. This magnificent beach can be best enjoyed during the summer. Most days in the Gold Coast, Queensland are bright and sunny and visitors can enjoy their time at the beach through fun activities like swimming, surfing, resting on the shore or creating sandcastles.
3. Burleigh Heads: Very much like everything in Queensland, Australia, Burleigh Heads is also a coastal suburb in the Gold Coast only 6.5 kilometres (4 miles) from Miami Marketta. It is one of the favourite tourist spots in the city and is always filled with energy and lively atmosphere.
4. Robina Town Centre: Robina Town Centre is the second largest shopping centre on the Gold Coast. Only 6.8 kilometres (4 miles) from Miami Marketta, this town centre has a lot to offer with over 150 fashion stores. There are all kinds of products available in one place ranging in beauty products, fashion, electronics, medical, bed and bath, and many, many more. There is also an option for snacking which ranges from Goldsteins Bakery to Ari Thai and Little Viet Rolls to Schnitz.
Other Essential Information About Miami Marketta
Location: The Miami Marketta Street Food is located at 23 Hillcrest Parade, Level 10, Miami, Queensland, Australia 4220.
Timings: The timings differ as the Miami Marketta Street Food is only open to the public thrice a week.
Every Wednesday: 5 PM - LATE
Every Friday: 5 PM - LATE
Every Saturday: 4 PM – LATE
Entry Fee: There is generally no entry fee, but there are tickets to various events and activities that take place at the Miami Marketta.
Distance from Gold Coast Airport: The distance from the Gold Coast Airport to Miami Marketta is 14.7 kilometres (9 miles).
Live Music and Special Events at Miami Marketta
There are a lot of live music and special events going on at Miami Marketta. Tickets can be purchased prior to visiting and some of the musical gigs are often free of charge. Visitors can look up at the Miami Marketta official website for upcoming events and purchase tickets accordingly.
1. The most commonly occurring event is a Drag Queen Bingo contest. For $25, 5 games of bingo are included, and there are a lot of exciting prizes and giveaways for this event.
2. Similarly, there are plenty of musicals, one of them is called, ‘Jackson Dunn’ which is free of charge.
3. A live recording of an incredibly popular podcast, The Guilty Feminists is usually seen performing. Comedian Deborah Frances-White is usually present and slots are open to be booked with tickets starting from $35.
4. There are also plenty of events related to poetry slam, sensational art designs, exciting games, and vastly multicultural music.
Famous Shops and Stores at Miami Marketta
Miami Marketta is vibrant with incredible feasts and enthusiastic music. Apart from this, the Miami Marketta also has some of the best shops and stores on the Gold Coast.
1. Pacific Fair is one such shopping centre and it is only 3.4 kilometres (2 miles) from the Miami Marketta. It offers more than 400 magnificent global and local brands. Apart from department stores it includes a mini basketball court, a gym, free Wi-Fi in the lounge and believe it or not, a barbershop.
2. Carrara Market is one of the exquisite markets that specialize in all kinds of products and accessories ranging in 400 different brands.
3. Another unmissable market is the Surfers Beachfront Markets that has been in the country since the past 23 years.
4. Organic markets include Bundall Farmer Market and Palm Beach Farmer Market which include pantries and around 80 stalls of organic fruits and vegetables in their pantry.
Famous Street Food at Miami Marketta
Three times a week, there is a lot of delicious goodness in Miami in the form of ethnically diverse street food on the Miami Marketta Street Food. The cuisine is scrumptious and vast-ranging from different nationalities. There is a beautiful outdoor freeway where the food stalls are arranged. There are even desserts served in a separate area called the Dessert Hall.
1. Street food on Miami Marketta contains food from more than 10 different nationalities. Different cuisines include Sabai Sabai from Thai, Kudos Bros, Kemuri and Teppanyaki Noodle from the Japanese, Matteo’s Woodfire Pizza, the Mexican Double-T, and the Chowder Hut borrowed from the Americans.
2. For dessert, the Street Food has gelato, brownies, doughnuts and crepe which are served from Heven-Yah, Moulin Rouge, Brownie Bar and Reid St Kitchen.
Traveler’s Tips before Visiting Miami Marketta
1. The Miami Marketta always comes alive at night, however, the weekend (Friday and Saturday) nights are the nights when the auspicious cultural atmosphere can be fully admired.
2. It would be ideal if the Marketta is visited during the months of May and October.
3. There are a lot of beautiful beaches and fun activities in and around the Gold Coast. When visiting Miami Marketta, one should never miss out on visiting Nobby Beach, Burleigh Heads, Robina Town Centre, Sea World and many more such places.