Lorikeet Feeding at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Native Australian species of parrots, Lorikeets are beautiful colorful birds who spend their time on trees and eat pollen, fruit, nectar, and insects.
- The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary has both morning and afternoon feeding sessions and is one of the best things to do in gold coast on a budget as it is completely free.
- Simply hold out a plate of bread covered in sweet syrup, and the birds will flock to you to eat or even accompany you by sitting on your shoulder.
- Head out to see the birds in their natural habitat and enjoy the beautiful weather on the Gold coast.
- This incredible experience can be had without purchasing tickets to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
Book Now: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
- Gold Coast
Paddle Boarding at Tallebudgera Creek
- If you are looking for cheap things to do on the Gold Coast, head over to the Tallebudgera Creek to indulge in water activities like stand-up paddling.
- It is one of the best things to do in gold coast on a budget.You can explore Echo beach towards the north and witness the beautiful blue waters and greenery around.
- The Tallebudgera Creek is one of the best places if you are looking to have a peaceful and relaxed time.
- You can easily rent a paddle board at the Cheyne Horan Shop which is located at the Tallebudgera Creek Recreation Center.
- The three outdoor swimming pools, beach campground, and free self-parking are the area's top attractions after you've finished paddle boarding, making this trip reasonably priced.
Book Now: Parasailing Gold Coast
- Gold Coast
Checkout Glow Worm Caves
- One of the most beautiful things to do in gold coast on a budget is to witness the cave illuminated by the light of millions of tiny worms.
- Visit the world UNESCO heritage site, the Springbrook National Park, and head over to the natural bridge.
- The walking trail towards the bridge is easy at only one kilometer and once you reach the natural bridge waterfall, you can head to the natural cave.
- Visit the cave at night when you can see the small flies or beetles that glow a small blue light to attract other bugs.
- The experience is free and you can capture these beautiful creatures from December to March every year.
Timings:10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Book Now: Natural Bridge Glow Worm Tour
- Gold Coast
Go Whale Watching From the Headlands
- Whale watching from the headlands is one of the top things to do in gold coast on a budget as it will give you an adrenaline rush.
- Whales are known to cross by the Gold coast from May to November and you can just head out to the highlands and see if you can spot a whale.
- Some of the top viewpoints for whale watching are Point Danger at Coolangatta, Kirra Hill at Kirra, Tumgun Lookout/Burleigh point at Burleigh Heads, and Miami Hill at Miami.A can make it a picnic day and pack a blanket, snacks, and cameras along with you.
- You can also get your binoculars and witness these huge marine creatures.
Book Now: Whale Watching Tour From Goldcoast
- Gold Coast
Have Fun at Ten Pin Bowling
- One of the best cheap things to do on Gold Coast, Strike Bowling Bar is located in the surfer's paradise.
- If you are looking for some fun activities with friends or families, you can enjoy the traditional bowling experience.
- You can also enjoy some drinks at the bar, play at the pool table, or even head over to the private karaoke rooms and enjoy singing some latest hits.
Also Checkout: Shopping in Sydney
Book Now: Icebar Melbourne Tickets
Checkout Dracula's Haunted House
- If you are looking for some fun activities, one of the top things to do in gold coast on a budget is to enter Dracula's Haunted House and have a thrilling experience.
- The Dracula's Haunted House walk is for 30 minutes where you go through five floors of spine-chilling optical illusions, horror displays, and many special effects.
- There are three zones to choose from, the Phobia Level, the Carnival of Freaks, and the Dead Zone.Go on a walk at the haunted house and find many creatures like creepy creepers, ghouls, witches, and spiders who will give you terrors.
Also Checkout: Art Gallery Melbourne
Go Visit Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens
- Set on 21 hectares of land, visiting the Botanic gardens is one of the top things to do in Gold coast on a budget where you can indulge in many activities.
- Eucalyptus Open Woodland, Freshwater Wetlands, Horticultural Display Gardens are some of the best ones.
- The Butterfly Garden and the Araucaria Forest, and Blackbutt are just a few of the attractions you can visit.
- You can also visit the sensory garden to get a sense of the smells and textures of the plants and flowers.
- Take a guided walk to see lots of bees and local birds.The park offers many amenities like a BBQ, picnic areas, and a children's playground, so you can go there with your family and enjoy a picnic
Timings: 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Also Checkout: Melbourne Monuments
Visit Currumbin Rock Pools
- Just a 15-minute drive from Currumbin Beach, swimming in the Currumbin Rock Pools is one cheap things to do on Gold Coast.
- The Currumbin Rock Pools is an excellent spot for a day out or a weekend getaway as they have many facilities like picnic tables, BBQs, and washrooms.
- There are many pool depths for everyone to enjoy and other attractions like rope swings, rock slides and ledges to jump off can be enjoyed here.
- You can also go on an 800-meter walking trail to cascading waterfalls, and enjoy more rock pools and a historic bush sawmill.
Also Checkout: Things to Do in Yarra Valley
Visit Home of the Arts Gallery
- When looking for things to do in Gold Coast on a budget,the home of the art gallery is one of the top destinations as you can visit and explore the art gallery for free.
- You can look at colorful sculptures and artwork from many recognized artists.
- There are four levels with many exhibitions and artworks from the City Collection.
- Also head outdoors to admire art and sculptures in the parklands.
- Visit the 5th floor to grab a bite at the restaurant or enjoy lounging in the rooftop bar
Timings: 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Also Checkout: Things to Do in Watsons Bay
Checkout Laser Skirmish
- If you are looking for things to do in Gold Coast on a budget with your family, head over to the Laser Skirmish to spend some quality time.
- You can enjoy your day with tactical fun and battle your rivals.
- Complete mazes, dark tunnels, and ramps to win against your opponent
- You have to aim at your opponent with a laser using strategic, reflexive aiming.
- Enjoy many indoor activities like an indoor go-karting track and a Clip N Climb.
Also Checkout: Sydney in March