About Kishkinta Theme Park
Awaken the child inside you by visiting one of the best theme parks in Southern India. Located in Chennai, near the Vandalur Railway Station, the fabulous Kishkinta Theme Park is spread across 120 acres of land, surrounded by scenic landscapes and lush greenery all around. The park also has a varied range of terrains, along with picturesque fountains, waterfalls and other decorations adding to the beauty of it.
Catering not just to children, but also to adults alike, the Kishkinta Theme Park has a magnificent water park within its premises. Moreover, it boasts of exciting rides like the water volcano, elephant splash and much more. Additionally, along with water rides, Kishkinta Theme Park also has dry rides, making it suitable for all kinds of visitors. The presence of other kinds of entertainment such as wave pools, roller coaster and toy trains, and a lot more, make a visit to Kishkinta Theme Park even more enjoyable.
The theme park is designed in a way such that it becomes a great place for a day out with your friends and family. In addition to the many rides, you can also enjoy a great picnic with your near and dear ones. Moreover, from time to time, the park organises many different entertainment shows and other events for visitors. Therefore, it becomes a perfect place for a day’s outing amidst the busy city limits.
How to Reach Kishkinta Theme Park
From Airport: Kishkinta Theme Park is located around 13 kilometres from Chennai International Airport. It takes around 30 minutes to an hour to reach the theme park from Chennai Airport, depending upon the traffic and road conditions.
The fastest way to reach Kishkinta Theme Park from the airport is by availing a taxi or a pre-paid cab which is available outside the airport.
Alternatively, you can also walk till Trisulam metro station near the airport. From here, you can take the metro till Tambaram, after which you will have to change trains and board one which goes up to Kishkinta. The metro is the cheapest mode of transportation to reach Kishkinta Theme Park from the airport.
Best Time to Visit Kishkinta Theme Park
The best time to visit Kishkinta Theme Park is during the summer season, between the months of March to May. With the temperatures soaring as high as 45 degrees Celsius, the water rides in Kishkinta Theme Park act as a great form of respite from the scalding heat. Moreover, there is less crowd during these months, which makes the entire visit even more worthwhile.
Following summer, from June to August, a visit to the park becomes very difficult due to the heavy rainfalls and strong winds in the region.
Then, from November till February, during the winter season, you can visit the park and enjoy yourself to the most. With the average temperature remaining between 15 to 20 degrees Celsius, the weather remains pleasant enough for picnics and enjoying the various rides available here.
What Not to Miss at Kishkinta Theme Park
Places to Visit Around Kishkinta Theme Park
After a visit to the famous Kishkinta Theme Park in Chennai, you must visit the following places as well, in order to enjoy a great day in the city. These attractions are:
1. Arignar Anna Zoological Park: Amongst the most popular picnic spots in the city, this zoological park near Kishkinta Theme Park is a great place to discover the great flora and fauna of south India. Known as the largest zoo of its kind in the entire South-East Asia, it expands over an area of almost 1260 acres.
It also offers visitors jungle safaris, wherein they can take a glimpse of the huge collection of endemic as well as exotic animals, such as lions and deer. Moreover, the zoo is also home to over 130 different species that you can witness.
2. St. Mary’s Church: Known as the oldest Anglican church in Asia, the St. Mary’s Church is located inside Fort St. George. Built back in 1680, the church has many historical events associated with it. This bomb-proof structure has lived through a lot of rough patches in history, like the French bombings in 1746 and 1758. Moreover, the interior of the church is quite charming and elegant, boasting of ancient architecture in its two aisles and the single gallery.
3. Marundeeswarar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva’s Marundeeswar or Aushadeeswarar form, the Marundeeswarar Temple is a fine example of Dravidian style of architecture.
Established during the 7th and 8th centuries, the temple has been a very important place of worship for people who suffer from any kind of diseases or those who have issues regarding their health. An interesting feature of the temple’s prasadam is that it is made up of sacred ash, milk and water, which is said to cure any kind of ailment.
Rides at Kishkinta Theme Park
Kishkinta Theme Park boasts of numerous rides, both on water and on land, thereby attracting a lot of visitors every day. Some of the most popular rides at Kishkinta Theme Park are:
1. White Water Ride: This is one of the very first rides you see upon entering the park. Amongst the most popular of all water rides in the park, White Water Ride is actually a simulation game of white-water rafting. Here, visitors are made to sit in a dungy boat after which they have to maintain their balance on the gushing water.
2. 3D Theatre: Amongst the most crowd-favourite rides in the park is the 3D Theatre. Offering visitors a very different perspective of the entire movie entertainment system, the theatre creates a virtual environment for the viewers. In this way, it offers them a feeling of actually being in an entirely different area.
3. Zyclone: The popular roller coaster ride in Kishkinta Theme Park is known as Zyclone. Designed with tight turns, steep slopes, and sudden highs and drops, the Zyclone is one ride which is not just enthralling, but also quite exciting. Best for adrenaline junkies, this is one ride in Kishkinta Theme Park which sees hundreds of people line up for an experience.
Other Essential Information About Kishkinta Theme Park
- Location: Kishkinta Theme Park is located at 82, Varadarajapuram in Darkas Ward - II, near Tambaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600044.
- Timings: The Kishkinta Theme Park is open for visitors between 10:00 a.m. and 06:30 p.m. every day.
- Entry fee: The entry fee to visit Kishkinta Theme Park is INR 690 for adults and INR 490 for children.
Attractions Pass Type at Kishkinta Theme Park
Kishkinta Theme Park offers two main types of attractions passes. These passes are further divided on the basis of older visitors and younger visitors.
For adults, the Kishkinta Theme Park attractions pass has a tariff of INR 690 per person. On the other hand, for children between the height of 2 feet 6 inches, or 76 centimetres, and 4 feet 6 inches, or 137 centimetres, the attractions pass is priced at INR 490 only.
It is important to note that both the passes allow its owner to enjoy most of the available rides at the theme park. However, some rides at the theme park as well as its water section requires additional charges, which need to be paid by the visitor in order to enjoy the ride.
Medical Facilities near Kishkinta Theme Park
Since Kishkinta Theme Park is a very famous attraction in the city of Chennai, it also has quite a few clinics, chemists and hospitals situated near to it. The presence of these medical facilities has made it easier for visitors to attend to any untoward events or accidents that might take place inside the park. Moreover, most of the following clinics, chemists and/or hospitals are located quite close by to the park:
- Jothi Clinic
- Sugam Clinic
- Annai Arul Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
- Raindew Hospital
- Hindu Mission Hospital
- Urban Primary Health Care Centre
- Railway Hospital
- Children’s Clinic
- Crescent Clinic
Travellers’ Tip before visiting Kishkinta Theme Park
When visiting the Kishkinta Theme Park, travellers are required to keep the following tips in mind:
1. It is always recommended to buy the tickets for the park in advance. Buying tickets online is the best way to get your hands on the park tickets well before you visit the place.
2. It is advisable to be on the lookout for special discounts, offers and events available in the theme park so that you can enjoy your visit to the best of your abilities.
3. Avoid the peak tourist times. The best time to visit the park is in midweek, or on Mondays and Tuesdays when the park remains the least crowded.
4. Additionally, to avail the most popular rides in the park, you need to arrive early to avoid the crowd that will be there in the later hours of the day.
5. Always carry some light snacks and water with yourself, to remain hydrated during the day.