1. Visiting the Dutch Fort: Visiting the Dutch fort is one of the most exciting things to do during your Galle tour since it allows you to see one of the world's most historically and archaeologically significant locations. You'll also get the opportunity to marvel at the fact that the fort is more than just a monument as it also houses a museum, beautiful villas, administrative offices, antique shops, cafes and bookstores, as well as lifestyle business stores.
You will also have the opportunity to admire the beautiful villas while visiting the fascinating museum and can have a substantial supper at one of the lovely cafes while shopping for souvenirs in the antique shops.
Location: Church St. Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
2. Cycling in the lagoon and Village: Cycling through the lagoon and village is one of the nicest things to do in Galle, therefore it's worth including in your Galle tour package. Cycling around Galle's gorgeous, modest, and picturesque towns is a great way to get away from the city's rush and bustle.
You won't have any troubles because the bicycle routes are usually less travelled, and you'll be able to appreciate the visual grandeur of the area while admiring the gravel paths, magnificent mangroves, grasslands, and paddy fields. You'll also have the opportunity to shop at one of the small, distinctive shops and travel through the scant jungles as well as learning to manufacture coconut ropes or catching crabs while interacting with the locals.
Location: Galle , Sri Lanka
Timing: 6:30 AM - 5:30 PM
3. Exploring the Galle Lighthouse: Exploring the Galle lighthouse is one of the most intriguing things to do on a Galle tour since you will be able to see and admire the exquisite architecture of one of the city's oldest lighthouses. You can marvel at the incredible 26.5-meter-tall lighthouse while soaking in the natural beauty of the surroundings.
The dazzling white lighthouse stands out against the backdrop of beautiful skies, turquoise blue and green waves, golden sand from the beach, and lush green paddy fields. The gorgeous vistas of the area, as well as the exquisite architecture, make a visit well worth including in your Galle holiday package.
Location: 26F9+RPH , Galle 80000 , Sri Lanka
Timing: Open 24 hours
4. Biking at Mirissa and Unawatuna: Mountain biking in Mirissa and Unawatuna is one of the most exciting things to include to your Galle tour package. You can enjoy biking along rocky trails, roads with cobblestones, and paths that have been unused for years while experiencing an adrenaline rush that will urge you to attempt this fantastic pastime.
In Unawatuna, you will discover various centres for this sport, as well as the opportunity to choose your sort of bike from a wide range of bikes, helmets, and refreshments. During this activity, you may admire the amazing beauty of the sparse jungles in Mirissa and Unawatuna while getting an adrenaline boost as you cycle up the mountains.
Location: Mirissa, Sri Lanka
5. Whale Watching and scuba diving: Whale watching and scuba diving are one of the best activities to add to your Galle travel package because during this activity you will have the opportunity to witness the magnificent blue whales and the lovely dolphins.
It is one of the most popular activities to do in Galle, therefore you should book ahead of time if you wish to participate. You can enjoy this great pastime by boarding a boat and carrying your binoculars and you're lucky, you'll be able to see several other whales, as well as some adorable small dolphins, in addition to the blue whales.
You can also go scuba diving and participate in a variety of activities such as open water diving, invigorating diving, reef diving, night diving, and more. You will have the opportunity to see Sri Lanka's beautiful marine life while experiencing an adrenaline rush as you gaze at the 30 foot deep shipwreck beneath the water.
Location: No: 19, 2nd stage,Walauwattha , Dadalla,Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Timing: Closes at 6 PM
6. Strolling around the Reformed Church: Strolling through the reformed churches is a fantastic activity to include in your Galle tour package since it allows you to appreciate the splendour of one of Galle's most beautiful and classic tourist attractions. You will have the opportunity to see the tombstones, which date back to the 17th century, as well as hear incredible stories from the caretaker who will show you through the grounds.
Finally, you will get a chance to observe the exquisite hexagonal pulpit made of Malaysian wood, the calamander, the De Ly Family memorial and take in the doric style of architecture as well as the two large dutch gables which add to the beauty of the place.
Location: 28H8 + 7RQ, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
Timing: Closes at 9 PM
7. Visiting the Japanese Peace Pagoda: Visiting the Japanese Peace Pagoda is one of the most fascinating things to do in Galle since it allows you to see one of Sri Lanka's three Buddhist stupas, which is a magnificent structure. You'll also have the opportunity to take in the scenery as you observe this stunning paperwhite dome nestled in the deep forest near Unawatuna Beach.
You will also have the option to explore the nearby Unawatuna Beach and participate in some exciting activities. After visiting the beautiful Temple, you can partake in a variety of water sport activities at the beach, such as snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, and many others, or take a stroll around the area. You may also admire the circular deck and the exquisite architecture of the stupa while appreciating the golden statue of Lord Buddha and the breathtaking views of the blue waves from the place.
Location: Jungle Beach Rd, Unawatuna,Sri Lanka
8. Exploring the Historical Mansion Museum: Exploring the historical home museum is one of the most fascinating activities to include in your Galle trip package, as you will have the opportunity to see a large collection of antique jewellery, typewriters, old cameras, and other items. This centuries-old Dutch mansion is a sight to behold.
While purchasing souvenirs from the gift store, you will also get the opportunity to appreciate the incredible collection of antiquities on display. The location also has a fantastic variety of traditional handicrafts, such as beeralu lace needlework. You will be able to examine the vast collection of artefacts at the location, which is one of the top things to do in Galle for history buffs.
Location: 31, 39 Leyn Baan St.Galle 80000 , Sri Lanka
Timing: Closes at 6 PM