Lonavala CampingPawna Lake Camping, Camp Della Resort, Lohagad Camping, Aundoli Camps, Shirota Lake Camping, Camping At Koarigad, Camping at Karnala, Camping in Vasinidi, and many more.
Have you ever tried Lonavala camping with your friends or family? If not, then it is high time to get more details about this tourist magnet and the activities that are being practiced here. Lonavala is one of the most iconic hill stations in Maharashtra. This hilly town forms an ideal getaway for the natives of Pune and Mumbai. Family trip, solo–traveling, or honeymoon outing, this hill station in Maharashtra is apt for all occasions.
Though it is largely known for its surreal landscapes, it is also a starting point for several popular tourist spots such as Bhaja and Karla Caves. Situated at an elevation of 613 meters above sea level, Lonavala is the epitome of serenity and charm. If you are too bored of your hectic work life, head camping amidst the mesmerizing Western Ghats and bid goodbye to all the worries that have been haunting you for a long time. Whether you want to admire the vast expanses of lush green hills or you want to satiate your appetite for adventure, Lonavala has something for everyone. With its alluring landscapes, water parks, wax museums, and quaint residential areas, this place has won the hearts of millions of travel junkies.
From caving to trekking in Lonavala, camping to waterfall rappelling, there are numerous adventure activities here that promise enthralling moments to the visitors. If you are a peace seeker looking for an opportunity to lie under the starlit sky and witness the beauty of gigantic hills, a camping experience in Lonavala is unmissable for you.
Popularly known as “Jewel Of Sahyadri”, this adventure hub sees a huge influx of travelers throughout the year. A large number of these travelers visit here to live their dream of camping around bonfires and spending their night gazing at the stars. From Pawna Lake to Shirota lake, Bushi dam to Ryewood Lake, and Tikona Fort Base to Rajmachi Fort base, there are a plethora of spots in Lonavala where you can set camps with your friends or dear ones.
All of these places in Lonavala are surrounded by lush greenery, gigantic hills, magnificent waterfalls, and pristine lakes. Camping in Lonavala at one of these spots is enough to rejuvenate your inner soul. For making the most out of your Lonavala camping trip, it is advisable to visit here in the months between October and May.
Winters in Lonavala are pleasant with average temperatures throughout the day. In summer months, Lonavala displays a moderate climate during the day while the nights are normally cold. This region experiences heavy downpours in the rainy season which makes it the most unsuitable time for camping trips. So, if you are on a holiday break after a long time and you wish to devote every second of this vacation to nature, here is all that you must know about camping in Lonavala.
People Also Ask About Camping in Lonavala
Which are the best places for camping in Lonavala?
Lonavala being an amazing hill station in Maharashtra offers a vivid range of campsites. Check the amazing camping places given below for stargazing experience.
1. Pawna Lake Camping: Set up your camps alongside the mesmerizing Pawna lake, experience the beauty of quaint hills and indulge in the most thrilling events. Just 19 km away from Kamshet Lake, this place has emerged out as the most sought after campsite. People, in large numbers, gather here to enjoy bonfire with music, star gazing, and barbeque dinner. If you are lucky, you might also end up getting new friends on this camping trip.
Book Now: Pawna Lake Camping
2. Lohagad Camping: Lohgad Fort is one of those renowned places in Maharashtra that has beautifully preserved its charm and historical prominence. This camp is nestled on the base of the trek and is one of the most intriguing spots to kickstart your adventure voyage.The journey kickstarts with a scrumptious barbecue dinner which is followed by campfire session. The next day in this surreal valley begins with the most alluring sunrise view post which you can head on a short trek to the Lohgad Fort.
3. Camping at Karnala: Situated just 60 Km away from Mumbai city, this campsite has a lot in reserve for peace seekers and travel buffs. Plan an enthralling trip with your friends or ask your date out for a camping trip at Karnala, the experience that you will take back home will be truly memorable. In addition to its impeccable setting, Karnala camping also encompasses a fun-filled acoustic music night and stargazing experience and it is one of the famous place for camping near Lonavala.
4. Camping in Vasind: Are you tired of the boisterous city crowd and your hectic work life? If yes then a camping trip to Vasind is all that you might need to get rid of negativity. Blessed with amazing vistas and tranquil atmosphere, Vasind is an ideal destination to reconnect with your inner self. If you want to add a pinch of adventure to this trip, wake up early in the morning and try a few adventure sports in the refreshing waters of Bhatsai river.
4. Camping in Canyon Valley, Khandala: Popular is known as Tiger Valley, Canyon Valley trip disconnects you from the bustling city and puts you into the lap of nature. Surrounded by several magnificent waterfalls, this place is an idyllic destination to unwind and de-stress yourself. Whether you want to get lost in its surreal beauty or you wish to set your adrenaline pumping, you can experience it all in this one trip.
5. Family leisure camp at Aundoli: Sprawled over an area of 3.5 acres, this lush green campsite is a precious gift of nature to mankind. The place features exotic wildlife, majestic mountains, and green landscapes that will leave you spellbound with their impeccable charm. If you want to set a leisure camp with your family at a quaint location, Aundoli is your go-to place. On your visit to this campsite, you can also engage in a trunkful of activities such as horse riding, nature trails, and farm activities.
6. Camping at Koarigad: Situated 20 Km away from Lonavala, Koarigad Fort is one of the best place for camping near Lonavala that has caught the attention of many trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. Camping at Koarigad is a pleasant experience which begins with reaching its base village. The base village of Koarigad is a serene place from where the fort is just an hour climb away. On reaching the top of this fort, you will be stunned by gigantic mountains and charismatic sights of Aamby Valley. While staying at this campsite, you can also relish a plethora of adventure activities such as night rifle shooting and campfire.
7. Camping experience near Shirota Lake: Though Lonavala is blessed with a plentiful of offbeat destinations, Shirota Lake stands out among all for its ardent beauty. Located around 11 km away from Lonavala, this lake is a secluded spot with huge forest cover. Being an absolute traveler’s delight, this campsite is a perfect blend of adventure and serenity. For reaching this campsite, you need to pass through the dense forest area which introduces you to the rich flora and fauna of Lonavala.
Checkout And Book: Rajmachi Fort Trek and Camping
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry for camping in Lonavala?
Clothes and pieces of equipment required at Lonavala:
- Warm or summer clothes depending on the weather.
- Shoes are a must.
- Trekking equipment.
- First aid kit.
Click Here To Book: Camping in Lonavala
Can we do camping in the monsoon?
Monsoon is a good time to go camping in Lonavala. The slopes are emerald green with many seasonal waterfalls. Most camps have weather-proof tents and airbeds guaranteeing comfortable sleep while shielding you from unsavory bits of nature.
Many adventurous activities like water fall rappelling and flying fox are also accessible to thrill seekers.
How can to reach Lonavala?
By Bus: One of the cheapest and best ways to reach Lonavala is through public transport service. Bus services in Pune and Mumbai are available for Lonavala on a daily basis. The journey can take up to 4 hours to reach Lonavala.
By Train: There are a few trains that run between Pune and Mumbai. These trains also take a halt at the Lonavala railway station. Kalyan - Pune route trains and Karjat - Pune passenger trains are some examples. The trains are one of the quickest and best ways to reach here especially if you are in a big group and plan for camping in Lonavala.
By Air: The nearest airport to Lonavala is the Pune airport. Simply take a flight for Pune or Mumbai airport and from there local cab and bus service is available directly for Lonavala
Best Offers Only On: Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Tickets
What all things I must carry for camping in Lonavala?1. Backpack with broad straps
3. Track pants
4. Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
5. Torch (with extra batteries)
7. Personal Medication
8. Necessary toiletries
9. Shoes with a good grip
What sort of camps will be there in Lonavala?
Basic camps provided will have bare necessities of accommodation, toilets and campfires to be able to stay for one/ two nights. There will not be any electricity in these camps.
When is the best time to do camping in Lonavala?
During Winters: The winter season, between December to February is the best time for camping in Lonavala. Although there are a lot of camps in Lonavala, the best time to enjoy them is when the weather is dry with a hint of cold.
During Monsoon: The monsoon which is between June and September is considered an excellent option for camping in Lonavala. However, during heavy rainfall a lot of camps in Lonavala close down. But, if you enjoy the rains and don't mind getting a little damp, monsoon is also a variable option for camping.
During summer: The time between March and June, the temperature in Lonavala can rise as high as 35°C. Although the afternoons are hot, evenings and nights provide a comfortable atmosphere for an overnight camp in Lonavala.
Planning A Honeymoon Trip To Lonavala, Checkout Our Lonavala Honeymoon Packages Now!
Enjoy the wonder of nature by paying a visit to the exquisite Pawna Lake when you are in Pune. Its paradise location is something that you will not be able to forget anytime soon. The setting at Pawna Lake is made beautiful with the presence of various tourist attractions like Lohagad Fort, Tikona Fort, Tung Fort and Visapur Fort. Its refreshing ambience makes this place a beautiful destination near Lonavala and Khandala to enjoy an idyllic weekend.It was created as an artificial water reservoir and offers a soothing time to relax with nature. People keep flocking to Pawna Lake for its postcard-perfect landscape. The place is known for its wonderful climate and offers a serene retreat away from the noise of usual city life. Pawna Lake is also known to attract nature lovers due to the number of flora and fauna which can be seen around the lake. Some of the activities which you can look forward to enjoying at Pawna Lake are camping, paragliding, sightseeing etc.Location: Pawna Lake, PuneBest Time to visit: The best time to visit this place is during the monsoon seasonEntry fee: There is no entry fee for visiting Pawna LakeTimings: This place can be visited from morning till evening.
Visapur Fort is perched atop a lush green hill of Ratnagiri district in Maharashtra. It accounts for a popular tourist excursion point amongst adventure mongers and nature lovers. With an elevation of 1084 meters from the sea level, it offers some phenomenal views of the surrounding lush green hills.Marking its prominence from the 18th century, this fort forms a part of the fortification of Visapur and Lohagad. This gigantic architectural marvel features ancient caves, arches, wells, and old houses. A bit further, notice the beauty of two roofless buildings. As Hanuman was considered to be the patron deity of Visapur, you can find many temples dedicated to him.Within the Visapur Fort, there’s a famous well, which is believed to be built by the Pandavas. Somewhere nearby, you could find the presence of guns and other ammunitions belonging to the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Within its vicinity, there are also remnants of Mahadev’s shrine. Other attractions of the Visapur Fort includes few isolated caves, old house ruins, ancient water cisterns, and a huge flour mill.Trekking to the top summit of Visapur Fort is an unforgettable adventure for every single visitor. Although the climb is a rocky one, the trek is serene and tranquil. You could either start your trekking adventure from Lohagadwadi or Patan Village. You may also try a hand at paragliding activity which takes place nearby.
Are you looking for a place where you can spend a weekend in the lap of nature's unbound beauty and participate in some engaging fun activities? If so, Rajmachi Fort has to be in your bucket list for next holiday trip.The historical fort dating back to the time of the great Maratha ruler Chatrapati Shivaji is located amidst the lush green Sahyadri range and is one of the most sought after trekking destinations in Maharashtra where you can experience nature at her varying moods.The trekking trail to Rajmachi Fort abounds several waterfalls, deep gorges and valleys, quaint villages, waterways and many more to feast your eyes on. To get a first hand experience of this amazing trek you should have a fair knowhow of the place and the pros and cons of Rajmachi Fort trek.