Adventure Sports in LonavalaExplore best offers on adventure tours near Lonavala at Thrillophilia. This week’s most exciting deals for you are - Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ Rs 875 Only! and Forest Camping Experience Near Lonavala Flat 50% Off. Book Now the best adventure packages in Lonavala offering the best of inclusions designed to pamper you on your Lonavala vacation. Thrillophilia offers the widest range of customizable Lonavala adventure tours to suit every kind of traveler with unbeatable deals and discounts.
A small hill station situated near Mumbai, Lonavala is a small town surrounded by majestic mountains and has a serene environment. It is known for some very famous caves like the Karla and Bhaja Caves which were Buddhist shrines cut out of a rock. People usually visit this town to get a break from the hustle-bustle of busy city life. They come here to find peace and calm and connect with their soul. This place has a breathtaking view from every angle and has lots to offer to its tourists.
Some of the adventure sports that one must do when in Lonavala would be camping, trekking, rock climbing, rappelling, and the kind. This place does not have a lot of wildlife so it's very safe for night camping and treks. Walking on the trails under a starlit sky with only the moon being a source of light is almost magical. It's the perfect place to come camping for youngsters to say a weekend. Going to Lonavla does not need a lot of planning. Just grab your bags, book a hotel and be there.
Once there, you will know what all you have to do. One of the most famous treks in Lonavala is the 2 day Trek to Rajmachi and Kondhane Caves from Mumbai. The Lohagad Fort and the Duke Nose Mountain are some of the other attractions in Lonavala that one can visit. Some of the Adventure Tours in Lonavala include a visit to the Della Amusement Park. It is located near Kanhegaon in Lonavala. One can carry out a large number of adventure sports here, be it paragliding, Rappelling, paintball, etc it has it all. It also has some very unique rides like the famous Swoop Swing where the swing is dropped from a height of 100 feet. Lonavala is the perfect place for a weekend getaway with family and friends.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Lonavala
What are the different types of adventure sports in Lonavala?
Settled on the western ghats, Lonavala has got no shortage of backcountries. The hill station is full of places where a distinct variety of adventure tours in Lonavala could be arranged. With mighty hills, you can go for treks to different corners of the hills. They have amazing sights to set up a campsite against it.
The place is perfect for paragliding also. Having a lot of vertical cliffs, it is possible to arrange rappelling and waterfall rappelling in the hill station. Moreover, you can go for photography, bird watching, mountain cycling and more to spend an amazing trip.
1. Camping: Camping is one of the best adventure activities in Lonavala as it is the perfect way to get close to nature and know it better. Lonavala is full of amazing spots like serene riverside, wild forest, mysterious caves, antique forts, forests with fireflies and more where you can engage in overnight camping at beautiful places like Pawna, Bhandardara and many more.
Price: Starting from 975 INR
2. Trek: With mighty mountains, historical forts and old caves, you can plan a lot of adventure tours in Lonavala to the incredible corners of the region. For forts, Lonavala has Tung Fort, Peb Fort and Lohagarh Fort where you can trek to the history. Whereas there are some caves like Dhak Bahiri, Kondane and Karla which will also be worthy to trek up to. Trekking will definitely tire you but the endings are always satisfying.
Price: Starting from 800 INR
3. Rappelling: It is a sport where you have to rappel down from a rock cliff facing towards it. Lonavala is blessed with a lot of vertical rock cliffs which are suitable for this sport. Moreover, in monsoon, these cliffs turn into waterfalls giving you the chance for waterfall rappelling.
Price: Starting from 1000 INR
4. Paragliding: It is a sport which lets you unleash yourself and fly high in the sky. Lonavala gives very satisfying views underneath making it one of the great places to do paragliding. You have the choice between single and tandem paragliding where you can decide if you wish to go alone or with a friend of yours.
Location: Kamshet, Lonavala
Price: Starting from 2,500 INR
5. Caving: Now emerging in India, caving is a very adventurous sport which lets you spend some time in the caves like cavemen in the early era. Karla Caves is the best option for caving in Lonavala. You can trek to the caves and then set up the camp for caving. It will be some new and thrilling experience for you as it is very new in the country.
Location: Karla Caves
Price: Starting from 5,950 INR
6. Mountain Biking: Lonavala has a lot of hills with rough terrains where you can ride your bike to the unspoilt corners of nature and enjoy the flora and fauna. Mountain biking is a very good activity for adventure seekers, photographers and people who wish to know nature more. This off-road biking experience will be a good frame to add to the wall of your memories.
Price: Starting from 1,500 INR
7. Flying fox: Also known as a zip lining, Flying Fox is an activity with gives you a good adrenaline rush. You are tied to a horizontal string which takes you over green mountains. Lonavala gives the chance to zip line on a string tied at a height of 1250 feet which will make the experience count.
Location: Della Adventure, Lonavala
Price: Starting from 1,500 INR
Which are the best campsites in and around Lonavala that i can book under 3000 Only?
There are a lot of campsites in Lonavala which are best to enjoy some adventure sports in Lonavala and spend time close to nature. Your options for the ‘best’ out of best are Rajmachi Campsite, 1aatwan Campground, Pawna Lakeside Camping and Canary Forest Camping. You should consider all the options starting from lakeside camping, forest camping, overnight camping and more which are provided by these campsites and then choose the best suitable option for yourself.
1. Camping By Pawna River - Book at INR 1250 Only
2. Camping in Bandardhara - Book at INR 1200 Only
3. Camping Experience near Shirota Lake - Book at INR 2,725 Only
4. Camping at Korigad Fort - Book at INR 1200 Only
5. Camp at Aundoli - Book at INR 5225 Only
Which are the most famous treks in Lonavala that fall under 2000 Only?
All the treks in Lonavala are famous, but to get an idea of the treks, you might want to consider Lohagad trek, Sandhan Valley trek, Harishchandragad trek, Rajmachi trek, Kalsubai trek, Prabalgad and Kalavantin trek, Andharban trek and Korigad trek. These are some of the best treks which take you to distinct locations like forts, hilltops, caves, forests, etc, where you can indulge in more adventurous things to do in Lonavala.
1. Visapur Fort Trek - Book @ Rs. 1064 Only
2. Trek to Kothaligad - Book @ Rs. 1100 Only
3. One Day Trek To Tikona Fort - Book @ Rs. 875 Only
4. Monsoon Trek To Duke's Nose - Book @ Rs. 1,199
5. Monsoon Trek to The Bhimshankar - Book @ Rs. 1,780
Which are some of the famous places to visit in Lonavala with family?Relaxing in the laps of Sahyadri Mountains is the beautiful hill-station of Lonavala. Explore some of the best places to visit in Lonavala with friends and family:
1. Pawna Dam - 33.7 km from Lonavala
2. Tunga Fort - 23.6 km from Lonavala
3. Maval - 4.6 km from Lonavala
4. Tikona Fort - 38.1 km from Lonavala
5. Lohagad Fort - 15.2 km from Lonavala
6. Kamshet - 17.5 km from Lonavala
7. Duke’s Nose - 6.2 km from Lonavala
8. Korigad - 24.6 km from Lonavala
What are the various land-based adventure activities in Lonavala?
There are various land-based adventure activities in Lonavala as it has an abundance of exciting terrains. You can experience a variety of Camping here like riverside, forest, overnight and many more.
With hilly terrains, Trekking is also a very good option to go for. You can indulge yourself in treks to forts, forests, hilltops and a special trek which takes you to Rajmachi where you will find yourself amidst the fireflies.
Rappelling and Rock climbing is also popular in Lonavala as it has a lot of vertical rock formations. If you decide to do all this in Monsoon then you can do rappelling against a waterfall.
You can also go for Mountain biking where you can explore the flora and fauna of Lonavala with the finest care.
Where can you do waterfall rappelling near Lonavala?
You can do waterfall rappelling in Panshet and Karjat. In the season of monsoon, many rappelling rock cliffs turn into waterfalls which in turn lets you do waterfall rappelling.
It is a sport exactly the same as rappelling but the only difference is that you do it against a waterfall cliff instead of a dry regular cliff. Make sure to book for this sport in the rainy season as other season might disappoint you.
How can I spend my day in Lonavala?
You can spend a day in Lonavala very productively as it is a goody bag full of exciting fun where your list hovers around places to visit and adventure things to do in Lonavala. You shall consider a trek to the fort Tung, Peb or Lohagad or you can go for trekking to the Kondane Caves.
Lonavala also offers you the chance of rappelling with all the amazing rock formations there. Moreover, if you visit the same places in monsoon then you will find that a lot of rappelling cliffs has turned into waterfalls and you can do waterfall rappelling. Lastly, flying in the sky is a very good option with paragliding in Kamshet.
Are there any night treks available in Lonavala?
Yes, there are three night-treks available in Lonavala, which you can find on Thrillophilia amidst exciting adventure tours in Lonavala.
Night Trek to Dhak Bahiri Caves: This trek takes you to the mysterious caves of Dhak Bahiri Caves where you can get thrill en route amidst the lush green ghats.
Night Trek to Tamhini: This trek takes you to the Tamhini ghats which are connecting the hilly area of Pune to the coastline of Konkan, at night.
Fireflies trek in Rajmachi village: It is a small village where you trek to find yourself amidst a lot of fireflies.
What is the expected cost of Pawna Lake Camping?
The expected minimum cost of Pawna Lake Camping will be 999 INR and can go up to 3,500 INR. It is suggested to book camping with Thrillophilia to get best offers at pocket-friendly prices. With that, you can go carefreely to the camp and they will take care of your meals, tents, bonfire and adventure sports in Lonavala.
Where can we do paragliding in Lonavala?
You can do paragliding in Kamshet in Lonavala. As you can find numerous adventure tours in Lonavala, you have the options for single as well as tandem paragliding. Single will let you fly alone in the sky whereas with tandem you can take one more person to fly with you.
Can we do caving in Lonavala?
Yes, you can do caving in Lonavala. Though it has a lot of caves, the most preferred caves for caving are Karla caves for a good experience. You can book your tour through Thrillophilia where you get a lot of options for adventure tours in Lonavala and they can set up an equipped campsite in the caves for a never forgettable experience.
What are the things one should carry while doing adventure sports?
There are a lot of things one should carry while doing adventure sports, starting from comfortable shoes that fits you properly to avoid frostbite and discomfort while in action. Since activities like camping and trekking take you into the woods you must take mosquito repellent with you as they will be waiting there to welcome you.
You should also take extra clothes as well as sunscreen and sunglasses while keeping the sun in mind. You may even need your flip flops and towel if it is an overnight stay. Moreover, it will be ideal to carry your camera as well as a flashlight with extra batteries.
What is the maximum age limit of doing paragliding and rappelling in Lonavala?
Paragliding: There is no age limit for paragliding so children as young as three years can get involved in this activity whereas adults in their 90s can also do it if they desire so.
Rappelling: Whereas in rappelling you need to be at least 15 years old and at most 50 years old to engage in this activity. Adults over 50 will be allowed only after a thorough medical examination and a meeting with experts. It is the same for waterfall rappelling too.
What are the things one should keep in mind while experiencing adventure sports?
There are certain things you should always keep in mind while experiencing adventure sports. First of all, you should be mentally prepared to attempt the activity followed by having a healthy body to do it. Even make sure you listen and follow every instruction you are being given by your instructor.
And yes, do NOT take your gears as a joke and wear them completely and properly. Moreover, a little warm-up before the activity will give a good stretch to your body which reduces the chances of injury.
Lastly, make sure you are wearing appropriate attire for the activity along with comfortable shoes. Following all these will ensure a good and safe experience of yours.
What is Fireflies Trek in Rajmachi Village and why it is called so?
Fireflies trek in Rajmachi is one of the adventure tours in Lonavala which takes you to hundreds of fireflies. Rajmachi is a village where you will find an abundance of fireflies. Fireflies are small insects that emits light at night due to the bioluminescence effect which looks very beautiful in the night making the trek worthwhile.
How to reach Lonavala?
By bus: Lonavala has a local bus stop which is very well connected to major cities like Pune and Mumbai. You can easily book a ticket on a comfortable bus to Lonavala.
By train: There is a local railway station in Lonavala with good traffic of trains from major cities like Pune and Mumbai. So you can easily catch a train to the hill station and further book a taxi to the significant places of Lonavala.
By air: Mumbai Airport is the nearest airport to the hill station. So you will have to catch a flight until here and further book a train or bus to reach Lonavala.
Which places are good for kids adventure activities in Lonavala?
There are a lot of places which are good for kids adventure sports in Lonavala. The list is as follows:
1. Paragliding in Kamshet
2. Artificial Wall Climbing in Shivajinagar
3. Paintball at Kalyani Nagar
4. Rappelling in Madhe Ghat
5. Bungee Jumping at Della Adventures
6. ATV Rides at Della Adventures
7. White Water River Rafting at Kundalika River in Kolad
8. Kayaking at Kundalika river in Kolad
These activities will prove to be the best for the kids and parents will also enjoy them. You can expect more activities like swoop swing, flying fox, sky cycling, buggy ride, dirt bike, bull ride, bubble soccer, land zorbing, ball fighting and much more which will make your vacation more thrilling.